why imap works in slm but not outlook?

I have an email account from my company.
In outlook I configured it as pop3 account and it works fine.
But in wlm it works as an imap account.

What I want is that it works as an imap account in outlook.
But it does not work in outlook 2007.

Then install it as an IMAP account in Outlook.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version!

"minimus" <spammergetthisemail@live.co.uk> wrote in message
I have an email account from my company.
In outlook I configured it as pop3 account and it works fine.
But in wlm it works as an imap account.

What I want is that it works as an imap account in outlook.
But it does not work in outlook 2007.

0
MillyS1 (1480)
2/28/2009 7:25:20 PM
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Then install it as an IMAP account in Outlook.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version!
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "minimus" <spammergetthisemail@live.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have an email account from my company.
> In outlook I configured it as pop3 account and it works fine.
> But in wlm it works as an imap account.
>
> What I want is that it works as an imap account in outlook.

> But it does not work in outlook 2007.

I said that when I did it as imap, it did not work in outlook 2007.
Please read the message carefully

minimus wrote:

>> But it does not work in outlook 2007.
>
> I said that when I did it as imap, it did not work in outlook 2007.
> Please read the message carefully

Then you need to define what "does not work" means. I have IMAP accounts
perfectly OK in Outlook 2007...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, minimus asked:

| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
|| Then install it as an IMAP account in Outlook.
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| ALWAYS post your Outlook version!
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
|| "minimus" <spammergetthisemail@live.co.uk> wrote in message
|| I have an email account from my company.
|| In outlook I configured it as pop3 account and it works fine.
|| But in wlm it works as an imap account.
|| What I want is that it works as an imap account in outlook.
|
|| But it does not work in outlook 2007.
|
| I said that when I did it as imap, it did not work in outlook 2007.
| Please read the message carefully

0
Milly

Outlook 2007 file format?
I know the rest of Office 2007 changed it's file format from 2003 to 2007. Is this true of Outlook as well? I want to import a 2007 pst file to Outlook 2003. Should I expect any problems? Thanks in advance... Bob They both use the same unicode format (by default) Though, import (or Export) is not usually reccomended, generally you copy a pst, with outlook closed, to Documents folder on the other PC, then in outlook, open it "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:XbTxl.90022$aZ3.24824@newsfe01.iad... >I know the rest of Office 2007 changed it&...

Your Exchange Server is Unavailable (Outlook 2003, Exchange 5.5)
Hi. I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I'm running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I have several profiles set up in my outlook. A few of them connect to the Exchange server and a couple of them are personal "internet email" accounts. When I first open Outlook, I am able to access my Exchange mailbox. However, if I close Outlook and try to connect to my Exchange mailbox again (or any of the other Exchange mailboxes), I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" (Retry, Work Offline, Cancel). I've tried select Retry several times and it does not work. I...

Exchange Mode / Working Offline
What is normal behaivor for Outlook in cached mode and the server becomes unavailable? Specifically, is there a time out that will put Outlook "permanently" into Offline mode? .. ie, the client stops trying to connect and just stays Offline "forever". Anybody know? Or, if easier, what types of events would cause an Outlook 2003 user in cached mode to switch to "offline" mode. We are having an issue where users are calling in that they cannot send or receive emails. It is simply that the client switched to offline mode. Once offline, Outlook never pr...

Code to Dynamically Filter a Report; Not Working
I’m struggling a bit with some code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption, optCross, optBoth. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBroker As String Dim strTrade As String ...

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

tasks in outlook today
how do you get tasks that are checked of as complete, not to appear on the outlook today screen. I have tried everything with no luck i'm using outlook 2002 please help Mike .. ...

Customize Outlook Today #11
On the outlook today page, when I click on Customize Outlook today it will not open the customize page. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tom" <tombasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:007801c35926$...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

Outlooks hangs when opening message...
I have Outlook 2002 for XP. I have a problem that just started happening. Lately when I send messages via Outlook I get some that come back as undeliverable. After the message is downloaded and the focus is put on that undeliverable email, the system locks up and the only thing I can do it reboot the computer. I don't know what is causing this. Please help. ...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

Outlook Settings #9
Does anyone know of a freeware version of the Save My Settings Wizard for Office 2007? I know that Microsoft has dropped the utility for XP users with 2007, and I would like to find something that we can use in my company. Through 2003, we were able to teach introductory courses in Office and have the things they had set up available when they got back to their desk. Thanks! ...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

detailed inventory does not work with non bar code tapes.
I would like to verify that the scheduled inventory still does NOT work with non barcoded tapes. We have a HP 1/8 tape inventory using 8 non bar coded tapes. The scheduled inventory runs every day for about 1 second and does NOT reveal what the tapes are. A manual detailed inventory does work. I wonder why MS would program it this way? Tim This is an issue which we have fixed in DPM 2010. The problem was that the scheduled inventory was not doing detailed inventory on newly added media. Can you install DPM 2010 Beta from https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/Downloa...

Relocate OUTLOOK.PST file?
Is it possible to move my Outlook.pst file to another location - like another computer. So that I can open the OUTLOOK application on my loval machine but the .PST file resides on say a server machine . I know I can do this with other PST files but I am wondering if this can be done with the one where your inbox is located? I am trying to do this as I would like to backup the "open/locked" PST file using SYNCBACKSE but it needs the file to be located on an NTFS volume. -- John "JM7" <one@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eP#bizDjFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

macro not working right
I want to cut the last name from a cell and paste it to the adjacent cell. In the past, I have been able to automate this action (on a different system, different job). I recorded the macro thus, starting in the cell with first and last name: F2 > ctrl shift right arrow > ctrl x > enter (move right) > ctrl v > down arrow > left arrow > stop recording [relative reference is on]. Instead of performing the desired action on the next line/cell, it duplicates the line above and does so ad nauseum if I activate the macro. Here's the coding Sub name( ' name Macr '...

Using Outlook with Windows XP
My mom has recently upgraded from Win 98 to XP and is having trouble with sending e-mail through Outlook Express. In order to get it to send, she has to close it and then open it again. She is also having trouble with mail being returned which may or may not be related. I understand that Win XP has some different security features and was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the settings/configuration so she will not have this problem sending mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There should be no problem using Outlook Express, or Outlook (another more expanded pr...

OUTLOOK 2003: creating and saving an outlook template
I am a new user of Outlook 2003. I want to create a "reply message template". I have followed the instructions in the help pages and got as far as " In the Save As dialog box, in the Save As Type list, click Outlook Template" and discoivered I did not have the option in the drop down box to save the template as an outlook file. Can someone help me resolve this. Much appreciated Sue you are using word as the editor - try Actions, New mail using Outlook (should be 2nd or 3rd on the list and have your default format in parenthesis) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Work Request Template
I am in need of a good templete for staff to use when they need to request a Report (Crystal) or Map (MapInfo). It needs to include the location of data to be used for the report, purpose of the report, time needed, etc. Does anyone know of a good one before I start trying to create one? I have looked at the MS Templates and connot locate one for this. TIA -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC ...

problem with incoming mail office outlook 2003
I'm having a problem receiving mail in my office outlook... I can send mail fine from it, but I can't receive any mail into it. My outlook express sends and receives fine with the same settings. What could cause this? tia, D Do you get any error messages when receiving? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "d" <dbig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns92043B48792D5dbighotmailcom@216.196.97.131... > I'm having a problem receiving mail in my office outlook... I can sen...

Deploying Excel com component on server did not work
Hi friends I have used Excel 11.0 com component to create excel file in c# it works fine on development machine but when i deploy it on server it does not create any excel file and it also not gives any error . I have copied the ddl in the bin folder and given the reference from their. But I did not understand the magic .why it is not working on the server. any help thanks ...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Client over Internet
Greetings, I have a good install of CRM on DOMAIN:5555. I can successfully access the software via the internet by using the FQDN and port. I am trying like hell to get the Outlook Client to install and am having no luck. I did get it to install with an active VPN connection, but even then it wouldn't actually connect. All I was able to do was "Track in CRM" for an email. All of the other buttons gave a message similar to, "Unable to perform the action for this menu item." How do I get the Outlook client for 2007 (V3C) to connect to the CRM over the internet with...