Why doesn't my e-mail go when I hit send?

I can send Reply or Forward messages but  when I create a new message it will
not send.  What am I doing wrong.  I'm a senior citizen and new to computers.
 If you could give me step by step instructions, that would be very helpful.
Thanks so much.

Could it be that you have another account configured that is set as the
default and is not configured properly?
Check in Tools-> Account Settings...

Additional solutions for send/receive issues can be found here;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sendreceiveerrors.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can send Reply or Forward messages but  when I create a new message it
> will
> not send.  What am I doing wrong.  I'm a senior citizen and new to
> computers.
> If you could give me step by step instructions, that would be very
> helpful.
> Thanks so much.

0
Roady

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

Outlook 2003 crashes on send/receive
title says most of it . . . my Outlook 2003 crashes every time I do a send / receive, and I get this message: http://www.tengokuonline.com/stupiderror.jpg i am running Windows XP Home version 2002, service pack 1 - but i have the same error on my desktop (running Windows XP Professional, don't have it here with me for exact specs). any ideas? ...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

'Send email' from CRM settings...
Hi all, I know I ask question that already been answered... But I'd like some clarifications... I am trying to find settings of how Web CRM client sends emails on the CRM System that I inherited... I found the MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913769, which mentions the registry settings... I don't have SMTP settings in the Registry... Does it mean the server uses Default SMTP Server? Thanks, Victor CRM will use the SMTP server on the local machine unless another is specified in the registry. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrantie...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

Net Send #2
Hello, I have created a userform in excel that allows a user to send a "Net Send" message to other users on the network. To allow multi-sending I have created a loop statment that repeat's the command the appropriate number of times depending on the user group select. This work's fine but is fairly untidy as it results in numerous CMD boxes appearing on the task bar while it loops. To resolve this I would like re-program to userform to create a batch to send the message to the users, how can i do this as I have little to no experience with batch files Thanks Thi...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...

Send/receive complete every minute
I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. When it is opened, I am seeing "send/receive complete" pop up on the status bar every 60 seconds or so. It disappears after a few seconds. Clicking on it has no effect (no dialog box pops up). It seems to be independent of the regular send/receive mail cycle. Deactivating auto send/receive has no effect. I tried turning off auto send/receive (both on accounts individually and as a group), changing the interval, etc. I have already used Detect and Repair. All useless. I have 4 POP accounts plus hotmail. Does anyone know why th...

E-Mail Printing Problem
I posted this problem 6 or 8 months ago and have not yet seen a solution. The problem is on certain emails (Schwab Confirms as an Example) about 1" of the right side of the email is cropped. I documented and reported the problem to MSFT and someone from MSFT replied that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was many many months ago. The problem is/was not printer dependent or operating system dependant - just Internet Explorer and/or Windows Live Mail. It was apparent at that time that other people were experiencing the same problem. Is anyone aware...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Pack and Go Disk Space Error
When I pack and go for a commerical printing service, I get an error message that I'm out of disk space. My publication is only a page but is fairly complex with graphics, charts, and text. I have 20GB of disk space free. Got any tips as on how to resolve this. If I creat a new document with only a little text and a couple small pictures, I am able to successfuly pack and go. Thank you! Bill, which version of Publisher are you using? If you have any BLENDS in your Publication, this can be an issue as the file sizes become humungous. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix...

Unable to send via windows mail
Hi everyone, I am having trouble sending via windows mail, one day it was working and then for some reason it doesnt. I can still received email but unable to send. I have all correct settings, I have deleted accunt and re installed account, changed port settings as requested and still get the same error. which is the following The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems ...

"Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working
As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail Recipient". For some reason, my icon does not appear. When I select Tools > Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar disappears. When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck). Anyone know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the toolbar? Also, if I go under File > Send To, ...

auto e-mail checking
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone out there could tell me if there's a way to check for e-mail automatically. What I mean by this is that I would not have to be "clicking" send/receive, each time that I need to check for new e- mail. Thanks in advance. Rudy Tools > Options > Internet E-mail. Check my local network for connections(s) for new mail every ____ minutes. You may also want to check the auto dial button if you're not always online. "Rudy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b601c3a244$da477da0$a601280a@phx.g...