why does this question have no answer in this group ?

Hi

  I posed this question once with no answers.. I user Outlook 2003 and
use Word 2003 to read and write my email.

I use Word, but still use "plain text" to compose email. Every time I
open an email to read and compose it open in "Web Layout". I would like
to use "Print Layout".

I have searched this group and several groups, with no resolution.

- I have opened and closed word in the way I like it, and out look does
not care
- I have modified email.dot in
c:\prog..files\Micro..Office\Office11\1033. No change.
- I have modified normal.dot in
c:\docu..settings\sr..\templates\office\. No change.
- Opened Outlook/ new mail, made it look like what I want save it as
email.dot/ normal.dot. No Change.

What are the other options..

thanks
Sriram

-1

Open a new Outlook message using Word as the editor. Change to Print layout,
then go to Format->Font and (re)select your preferred font and size.  Click
on the "Make Default" in the lower left hand corner of the window.  Close
the mail message.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, sriram.sitaraman@gmail.com asked:

| Hi
|
|  I posed this question once with no answers.. I user Outlook 2003 and
| use Word 2003 to read and write my email.
|
| I use Word, but still use "plain text" to compose email. Every time I
| open an email to read and compose it open in "Web Layout". I would
| like to use "Print Layout".
|
| I have searched this group and several groups, with no resolution.
|
| - I have opened and closed word in the way I like it, and out look
| does not care
| - I have modified email.dot in
| c:\prog..files\Micro..Office\Office11\1033. No change.
| - I have modified normal.dot in
| c:\docu..settings\sr..\templates\office\. No change.
| - Opened Outlook/ new mail, made it look like what I want save it as
| email.dot/ normal.dot. No Change.
|
| What are the other options..
|
| thanks
| Sriram

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
3/11/2005 2:14:21 AM
Hi

there is no "Make Default" in my Word 2003 when I do the above.

Sriram

there's no make default in the dialogue box ?

Srriram

sriram.sitaraman@gmail.com <sriram.sitaraman@gmail.com> wrote:

> there is no "Make Default" in my Word 2003 when I do the above.

Mine has just the word "Default" in the lower left corner.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Sriram

Any One.. Any Updates on this.. Any body ....

sriram.sitaraman@gmail.com wrote:
|| Any One.. Any Updates on this.. Any body ....

What question?
Please quote the post you are replying to.
Thank you.

gordonbp11 (453)
3/17/2005 8:07:23 PM
Gordon <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> What question?

The original one, but modified a little because two subsequent answers
seemed to be unhelpful.

--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/18/2005 2:14:57 PM
Please see the thread..

> Hi

>  I posed this question once with no answers.. I user Outlook 2003 and

> use Word 2003 to read and write my email.

> I use Word, but still use "plain text" to compose email. Every time I

> open an email to read and compose it open in "Web Layout". I would
> like to use "Print Layout".

> I have searched this group and several groups, with no resolution.

> - I have opened and closed word in the way I like it, and out look
> does not care
> - I have modified email.dot in
> c:\prog..files\Micro..Office\O=ADffice11\1033. No change.
> - I have modified normal.dot in
> c:\docu..settings\sr..\templat=ADes\office\. No change.
> - Opened Outlook/ new mail, made it look like what I want save it as
> email.dot/ normal.dot. No Change.

> What are the other options..=20

> thanks=20
> Sriram

Backup question

a question and a question

Question about Paste Special

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

selecting cell groups and locking up
Intermittent problem with Excel deciding to select a group or "array" of cells and locking the array on the last cell in use. All program functionality is gone and system must be re-booted to correct. Just a wild guest... Could it be that the mouse is sticking? Try gently banging on the mouse keys (including the wheel mouse if you have one)--or even swapping the mouse (temporarily???). Bugged by Excel? wrote: > > Intermittent problem with Excel deciding to select a group or "array" of > cells and locking the array on the last cell in use. All program > ...

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Text Box Question

401K questions

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

Group by Conversation
Hello, I normally use View/Group Messages by Conversation for my emails. I have had no problems before. A friend sent me an email. I used the Reply button to reply. Then I moved both the message and my reply to a folder. Their Subjects are 'Hello' and 'Re: Hello'. I expected them to appear together as a thread with a + before the original message. But my reply was missing. If I turn off the 'View/Group Messages by Conversation ' my reply appears. What have I done wrong ?. All my other messages & threads are there OK. Thanks KK Windows...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

Simple CRM 3.0 Questions
- If an account is no longer active, what's the process to make it inactive? - Can a lead have multiple contacts, with one acting as the primary contact? - When I create a new lead, what the 'Topic' field usually used for? - When creating a lead, on the Details Page, how can I add entries into the 'Industry' and 'Lead Source' drop down lists? - Will CRM track all e-mails associated with a lead? How do I ensure this? - How do I promote a Lead to an Opportunity to an Account? - What's the real definition of an Opportunity? It seems so grey compared to...

Toolbar question
I have created a combo box on my toolbar. I am using 32 x 32 buttons, so my combo box is sitting high up. I would like to move it down to the center of the toolbar. To create it I used the following code, CRect rect; SetButtonInfo(14, IDC_FILTERNAMECB, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 200); GetItemRect(14, &rect); rect.bottom = rect.top + 200; m_cbFilterNames.Create(WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | CBS_SORT, rect, this, IDC_FILTERNAMECB); How do I tell it to place itself in the center of the toolbar? Here is my code: code is from inherited CToolba...

number format question
I need excel to format a list of ip addresses. The problem I am having is that I cannot figure out how to get the columns formatted so any number I put in will be three digits. So a two digit number such as "24" needs to become a three digit number (024 in this example). Here is a real example, if I enter: 158.2.151.13 Excel needs to make it: 158.002.151.013 Can this be done? Thanks all! ...

Question to Microsoft
Hi, I am really fedup with this news group if no one reply what is the use of this site. I have a suggestion why dont you show reply send with the question. Thanks ...