Why does my new hotmail account not work in Outlook?

I've double and triple checked all login and password info and my new hotmail
account will not work in Outlook. What is the problem?

nathanparlee wrote:
> I've double and triple checked all login and password info and my new hotmail
> account will not work in Outlook. What is the problem?

Free accounts don't work - you need a subscription account - get your
wallet out!!!
If its a new account only premium hotmail accounts can be used with OL

"nathanparlee" <nathanparlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've double and triple checked all login and password info and my new
hotmail
> account will not work in Outlook. What is the problem?

0
dl6256 (276)
4/27/2006 6:56:29 AM
DL <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote:

> If its a new account only premium hotmail accounts can be used with OL

Hotmail Plus accounts can also be used with Outlook.
http://join.msn.com/hotmailplus/overview-std
--
Brian Tillman
0

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Outlook Issue #7
I am using Outlook2003SP1 with Exchange 2003. When I first start outlook and open either a message or a calendar request when I press the button(s) or select from the menu any of these functions; send, reply, forward, reply to all, accept, decline, print, permissions, follow up, previous, next basically any function nothing happens. The only things that seems to work is the close, change font and move to folder buttons/functions. Once I close the item and open it up again everything works. I have to do this for either messages or calendar items. I have tried creating a different mail prof...

Default properties for new folders

Dynamics CRM-Accounting Pro 2007
Why is there not a connector for CRM to Account Pro 2007? Especially since there is one from CRM to business contact manager?! I thought microsofts big plan was to integrate everything, yet these two softwares, which would seem like a perfect fit to me, do not even talk to each other. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

New Email Messages

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

New Location/New setup

Fax and Outlook for XP
I used to have an old PC running Windows '98 with Outlook '97 and Microsoft Fax - it was great, very easy to use as both faxes and emails would be displayed in the same place. I've just upgraded to a new PC with XP. I can load Outlook '97 but can't use Windows Messaging and so can't use Microsoft Fax or send/receive emails. 1) Is there a version of Messaging for Windows XP? 2) Is it compatible with Microsoft Fax or do I need to get another Fax? Peter The version of Fax that comes with WinXP is VERY GOOD... however, it does not "integrate" with Outlo...

Cancel mail already sent via Outllook thru hotmail
Is there a way either in Hotmail or using Outlook Express V6.00.2800.1123 configured to use the Hotmail account to cancel e-mail already sent. Outlooks help menu indicates there is a "Cancel a posted Message". In the instructions says to highlight file and then go to "Message menu" and click on "Cancel Message. This option does not appear. I know in the corporate e-mail enviroment Outlook had such an option. So does the Outlook <-> Hotmail world have the capability too? On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:56:14 -0800, "Walt" <wmiller51@hotmail.com> wr...

How do I activate the new mail button

saving emails in outlook
anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items onto an iomega zip drive? robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items > onto an iomega zip drive? Create a new PST. Copy to it everything you want to save. Close the PST and close Outlook. Copy the PST to the zip drive. All done. -- Brian Tillman Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST? Thnaks >-----Original Message----- >robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlo...

multiple profiles in outlook: outlook does not prompt
hello outlook gurus, i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a profile selection and outlook is started with the profile i defined first. any ideas what is going wrong ? thanx alot tim tim braun <tim.braun@freesurf.ch> wrote: > i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting > to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. > but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a pr...

Style available all sheets new or old

Outlook & Outlook Express on same PC
I had both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 98. Each was connected to different email accounts and had different messages. I want the same set up on my new PC with Windows XP Home edition. But I could only find one pst file. It had the data from Outlook. How can I find the data for the Outlook Express folders? Thank you in advance. cp OE stores data in a different file structure to OL http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ should help David "cp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b901c3d897$6e31e1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Mass Delete of Accounts
We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if possible). I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot. I also filted on accts created before the beginning of the year. I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an option. Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I can delete these old, unused acct...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Archiving Errors in Outlook 2000
Hello there: I am having trouble autoarchiving a users mailbox. I get the same error if I try and archive the sent items or the inbox. I also get this error when trying to export to a .pst file. Error trying to archive inbox. The items either have been moved or deleted. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It is outlook 2000 on a Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Rebecca ...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder