why do i keep getting undeliverable message?

I had a problem with outgoing email.  kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or
something.  now just get undeliverable from system admin.
0
Sarah2407 (145)

Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it
off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with
your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues.

"sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a problem with outgoing email.  kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or
> something.  now just get undeliverable from system admin.

0
vince8328 (2732)
9/7/2005 6:50:23 PM
sarah <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I had a problem with outgoing email.  kept getting symantec error
> 1009,3 or something.  now just get undeliverable from system admin.

Disable any Outlook integration of your Symantec application and visit
Symantec's support site.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Organizing standard email messages
I have several dozen emails that I send out to my clients each week. A typical email will say something like, "This week you had no blah, blah, blah." Or it might say, "This month you had 15 blah, blah, blah and you can see them in the attached file." I use a standard signature file so my contact info is always there and always current. I currently keep a folder of generic messages like this and each week I pick the appropriate message, change a date in the text, attach the current file and send. This works fine but I can't help but wonder if somebody else has a ...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

getting date and time information- Masking?
I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - yet keep the hour and am/pm how do I do that? 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM 1:00:58 PM 1:01:02 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com =HOUR(a1)/24 (format as time including AM/PM) If I understand what you mean by mask. Brent Hauver wrote: > > I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - > yet keep the hour...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

Not getting mail from one domain
We have an Exchange 2003 server, sp1, not using IMF. We are unable to receive mail from a user from another company. (One company only) We delete all messages that contain virus's, and block messages with some attachments. I get all notifications when this occurs. I have had all ndr forwarded to me. but I dont see his emails coming to us. We sent an email to him and asked him to reply, and still we do not see the message. I had him send to both my work address and home address, I recieved the message from my home address, but not at work. I looked in the message tracker and ...

Launch application from Outlook message
Hi I'm trying to send messages to users (from Access VBA), with a link to an application on their systems. Currently I'm sending the following: Please click <a href="C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe N:\Library2000\LaunchPhotos.js CN0519 2409">here</a> to open the form. As you can see, there are a few command-line parameters, and this is where I'm running into difficulty. <a href="C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe"> works perfectly (Windows Script Host opens when the user clicks the link) but once I add parameters, Outlook gets confused: Cannot...

y-axis titles get cut off
I've been having this problem since I got my laptop, which came with th trial version of Office 2003. When I make a graph in Excel, and I typ in the title for the y-axis, and depending how long it is, the las section of the title gets cut off. When I go to print preview, it look fine, and when I go to print it, it prints out fine, but in th spreasheet, the last part of the y-axis title gets cut off, and i really annoys me. So, I thought it was just a problem with the tria version, but yesterday, I bought a key for the full version, and i still does it. Does anyone know why this happens, a...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Message Tracking Center?
Is it possible to export the list of information that you get from the Message Tracking Center? I need to send a list of emails that was sent from a specific user during a date range. Win2003 Server/Exchange 2003 sp2 The message tracking log files are text files. If you can write code, you could develop a script to pull what you want out of them. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:O84nkXgpGHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to...

How do I get Outlook to refresh my inbox more frequently?
My old OE refreshed my inbox automatically, and this new version on my XP isn't. Any tips on how to get it to refresh on it's own? Thx! No way to answer until you provide your Outlook version, mail account type and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MrsHMLong@hotmail.com" <MrsHMLong@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD237E1D-7DBA-42D7-8978-645BA417C4D0@microsoft.com... > My old OE refreshed my inbox automatically, and this new version on my XP > isn't. Any tips on how to get it to refresh on it's own? > ...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Getting Rid of the Zero
Can anyone here tell me how I can get rid of the zero that is in front of the decimal. Example: Make 0.50 look like .50??? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:02:29 -0400, yethela <yethela.uld6b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: >Can anyone here tell me how I can get rid of the zero that is in front >of the decimal. Example: Make 0.50 look like .50??? > > One method would be to use custom formatting. But since you ar...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 Outlook MIME rendering orphan attachment multipart HTML message with logo Lotus Notes
When an Outlook user sends email via an Exchange server and that email contains an in-line image (e.g. company logo) and that email contains an attachment, the MIME rendering of the message makes the attachment an orphan, which a well behaved MUA will ignore. Attachment can not be opened. Outlook and Outlook Express can present broken MIME message. However some systems have problem. Does anyone know if there is fix patch for this issue? Robert. These links describe problem in more details: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.nsf/0/33d4316287e71a0085256c690055211f?OpenDocument http://www-1...

Get ride of double spacing
Hi, For some reason I can't get rid of double spacing ONLY in the print envelopes AFTER I hit Save AS even with different names. I have done a repair but the same thing happened and I don't know how to change Save As options. the body is single and have it on No spacing the second block over. I have Student & Office 2007. Could some one please tell me what to do -- Have a good day, RScotti remove "nospam" in order to email me. PS: If I hit the envelopes BEFORE saving it is OK On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 01:12:03 -0500, RScotti <rscotti1@nospam.verizon.net&g...

Mail getting resend
Hi, I've got the following problem. My exchange 5.5 server on a W2k server with latest servicepacks lately has started to resend message from a day earlier. Not al messages but a few. Anybody know what to check? An other problem I have. When the server loses power(ups gave up life) and reboots it also starts to resend messages from the last 12 hours. Can anybody help me with this problem? thnx Michiel ...

cant get incomeing mail from outside the domain
I have one person who can recive mail from inside the domain but cant get mail from any one else? ...

can I add 4/5 and1/2 to get 6/7 as in 4 of 5 + 1 of 2 and get 6 o
I am trying to keep a running total by month of sales vs calls and the data is entered as 4/5, etc. Is this possible in Excel? Hi try =TRIM(LEFT(E2,FIND("/",E2)-1))+TRIM(LEFT(F2,FIND("/",F2)-1))&"/"&=TRIM(RIGHT(E2,FIND("/",E2)-1))+TRIM(RIGHT(F2,FIND("/",F2)-1)) "kschmoll" wrote: > I am trying to keep a running total by month of sales vs calls and the data > is entered as 4/5, etc. Is this possible in Excel? Yes, entering 4/5 is a possible way of entering either 4th May or 5th April, depending on you...

How can I reject messages
Ok, it's no secret that everyone HATES SPAMMERS!!!!! I have alot of e-mails coming into my mail server that are masked as a distro group I'm guessing. For instance, an email is addressed to BILL@DOMAINNAME.COM, however there isn't a BILL here on my mail server. A couple of users will get this email because I'm guessing BILL@DOMAINNAME.COM is a distro group housing BOB, MIKE, AND JOE @DOMAINNAME.COM and they are valid. Is there a way to set up the server to repel a distro group like this from coming in??? TIA.... Check out: (if you have E2K or E2K3) http://support....

text box - rounded corners
I would like my text box to have rounded corners, how do i achieve this I take it you want a border around the text box with rounded corners: With the Custom Shapes tool at the left of the monitor, select the rectangle with the rounded corners, create same in the work area. Now select the Text Frame tool and put a text box on top of the rounded corner rectangle, make it transparent, type text, adjust either the frame or text as needed. -- Don Vancouver, USA "nukie" <nukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7637826-39C9-43D5-84C0-A4B4C586E347@microsoft.com....

"SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer" .. then just sits there
Hi We're running SBS2003 with all the latest service packs applied. We are using the pop3 connector to download mail from our ISP. Lately we've had problems with external mail not reaching specific user's mailboxes. (Messages sent locally from another user at the exchange server to this user are delivered.) These messages are going to be delivered to a second domain hosted on the exchange server, not the primary one. The external mail is downloaded with the pop3 connector, without errors, but the message doesn't show up in the users mailbox. The message tracking center lo...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...