Which folders are archived?

Is there a simple way to obtain a list of the folder archive setting
for a .pst file?  I have a number of Outlook personal files, some wit
many, many folders, and I'd like to know what their archive setting
are (archive folder name, interval, etc.) without having do ope
Properties on each one.  Is there a simple way or an existing utility?
Thanks

shared folder size
Using SBS 2003 with XP pro clients. One user hit the 1GB quota on shared folder. Increased the quota to keep her functional, but when I checked her portion of the shared folder, it showed less than 300 MB used. Are there hidden files that can be removed, or is there something on her PC that's causing this discrepancy? On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:36:01 -0800, dkshipp <dkshipp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using SBS 2003 with XP pro clients. One user hit the 1GB quota on shared >folder. Increased the quota to keep her functional, but when I checked her >...

How do I open attachments in archived messages (Outlook 2007)?
-- - L Fox PMP "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C849A32-FEBE-4EED-B750-306BDA51F22A@microsoft.com... > nothing Just the same as in any other message. Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to give us as MUCH detail as you possibly can. There is no attachment icon; just the file name & it's not clickable -- - L Fox PMP "Gordon" wrote: > > "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:2C849A32-FEBE-4EED-B750-306BDA51F22A@microsoft.com... > > nothing...

archive.pst #3
i have archived my inbox, sent mail and deleted files from a certain date backward. the files show up on my floder list in outlook 2000, but when I try to access them, i can only see the file name and outllok will not open the .pst file. what have I done wrong, and how can i open the .pst file?? Thanks! Is there any error message (try file open personal folders file) "markk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E02AA83-D33D-41E3-9BB0-D8E630858278@microsoft.com... > i have archived my inbox, sent mail and deleted files from a certain date backward. t...

IStorage, IStream and folder copying to Clipboard
I have an application which represents the filesystem of a device connected via a serial link. I do navigate the device's filesystem and copy files to/from using drag/drop or clipboard. Here comes the problem. I implemented Drag/Drop and Clipboard using CF_FILEDESCRIPTOR and CF_FILECONTENTS with IStream. But i donno how to copy the nested folders from the application to the Windows Explorer. Should i enumerate the contents of folder and all itz subfolders to create the FILEGROUPDESCRIPTOR? It can be timeconsuming over the serial link. :-((( Somewhere i read that 'IStorage' can be...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

No Accounts Folder only Customers
I have installed CRM 3.0 but reading the manuals I keep being directed to create ACCOUNTS. I don't have an ACCOUNTS folder listed in either Outlook or my Web Client, I do however have CUSTOMERS. Do I have a more recent version than the books or do I have an out-of-date one ? I could customize the CUSTOMERS and rename it and all its bits to ACCOUNTS but some of the views would not make sense (eg Customers who have not placed order in the last 6 months) if they referred to a supplier (vendor). Can anyone offer any assistance. My web client reports I'm running Version 3.0 (3.0.530...

Outlook 2002 appointment sent to public folder calendar gets puts in someone elses calendar instead
Andy Fenton sent an all day event to IT shared calendar for 1 February. It does not appear in the IT caledar, but it does appear in Richard Brown's. It was an all day event and is showing as tentative, but because it appears in Richard's calendar it looks like he is busy the whole day - it appears he can still make appointments in it though. My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his ...

lost all contact & some folders
Please help, useing WIN 7 WLM, Lost all my contact, and all extra folders containing important email, have log in out a few times no difference, only significant occurrance was that i recieved an email yesterday that microsoft security essentials detected a virus and supposeably blocked the virus, then soon after this had a spam viral email that sent out a email to some of my contacts, so unpluged from net did full security scan nothing, logged back in no contacts (like new account page) and my self created WLM folders are gone!! please help First, you might consider ensuring t...

Lost folder in Outlook 2002
When I opened Outlook today a folder I save work e-mail in is missing. It was there on Friday. Is there anyway to get it back? It doesn't appear in the archive.pst file. Thanks. ...

Public Folder admin problems
From within ESM on Exchange 2k3, I get the following error when I try to expand the public folder tree: "The HTTP service used by Public Folders is ont available, possible causes are that Public stores are not mounted and the Information Store service is not running. ID no: c1030af3 Exchange System Manager" The store is up and running and public folders are accessable and managable from Outlook. None of the possible causes in this KB article seem to apply: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/publicfolders.mspx#Errorc1030af3 BTW, this is a fresh...

deny access to public folders
i'm kind of confused as to wear all these would be located on my server and how to deny some users to there access? please help On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:44:08 -0700, tmolaee <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i'm kind of confused as to wear all these would be located on my server and >how to deny some users to there access? please help Can you define the goal? Are you trying to deny access to all the public folders or just a few? i'm trying deny access to some of them not all but it would be useful to know how to deny all as well for the future "And...

Convert calender into public folder
We have recenctly migrated from GroupWise to Exchange 2003. We had a number of full accounts setup just for calendar sharing. It seem stupid to have a full account in Exchange just for the purpose of sharing a calendar. Can the calendars in these accoutns be converted into public folders and the account removed? Not if you want automatic acceptance of meeting requests. If you just need a shared calendar, and don't care about booking resources, then by all means create a public folder of type calendar. If nothing else, you should investigate to see if that will meet your needs. ...

Delete Empty Folders in Outlook 2002?
Is there a command, or a 3rd party tool that can go through and delete empty mail folders in Outlook 2002? I've created an extensive directory structure over the past 3 to 4 years and how have 100s of empty folders after archiving old messages, and would like to clean them out now. Any help with an automated way to do this would be appreciated. ...

Shared folder called address
I have found a shared folder on my root directory called Address. inside it has some sub folders, in the subfolders there are some dll's, the dll's properties say they are from Microsoft and or exchange. I assume that this is some sort of address book publishing but not sure. Is this normal or I this some sort of back door for spam? any ideas? On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:48:28 +0800, "Slim" <me@here.com> wrote: >I have found a shared folder on my root directory called Address. inside it >has some sub folders, in the subfolders there are some dll's, the dl...

.pst folder help
I followed the information supplied below to move my outlook files to My Documents. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011124801033.aspx I followed everything to the T . Towards the end of the page,I am instructed to go to Control Panel - Mail and "Select the data file from the list and then click settings. When an error dialog appears etc etc...." well, the error dialog does NOT appear .... what could I be doing wrong now??? You can check my earlier posts below entitled .pst folder help - thanks! It would help if you state exactly what you did since these instruct...

Can't open attachments in Public Folders
Hi, this is a recent problem. I can't open attachements in a public folder. This is what I get when I try to open the file: Can't create file: Resume.doc. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I've logged into Outlook on a co-workers machine and can access these attachements fine, just not on my computer. I've reinstalled, uninstalled and installed and still no go. Any ideas for me? -Tim ...

Need to Print Folder List in Outlook 2003
You used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000, but apprently not in 2003. I have several hundred folders in a PST file (each folder is a client) I need to print out a list of all those folders and give it my secretary so she can do some data entry with it. Now in Windows Explorer there are several command prompt things I could do or add on programs that will print a list of the directory structure. No such animal for Outlook. Sure I could print screen the outlook window and then dump the image in word but that would take forever. So basically I need to print out the directory structu...

Sharring contacts folder with multiple user accounts?
My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? Thank You On 10/21/2003 9:12 PM, cidw@juno.com wrote: > My wife and I have different user accounts set up in Windows XP. Is there a > way we can share our contacts in Outlook 2003? What you can do is creating a new Personal File Folder and mounting it as a secondary PST and then share this file with your wife. You should please this file outside of the Documents and Settings folder. If you HD is NTFS formatted, make sure you allow your wife's user acco...

Moving a worksheet into another folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move a worksheet file from one folder into another. With previous versions of Excel, I could use File - Open, get to the current folder, highlight the file, right click and cut the file and paste it into the new folder. I can't do this with 2008. I also tried to drag it, but that didn't work. The only way I found to do this was to go to Documents on the Dock and select the worksheet and then move it to the new folder. Takes much longer. Any ideas? On 4/7/10 4:19 PM, tennisgal@officeformac.com wrote: >...

Sub-Folder Reply not going to "Sent Items"
When I reply to emails within certain sub-folders, my reply is placed in the sub-folder rather than going to the sent folder. As I recall, I set this up myself a long time ago but can't figure out how to undo it. Can anyone help? I'm using Outlook 2003 Thanks, Bill tools, options, email options, advanced options -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Outlook 2003
LS, 1) Is there a way to set permissions on a folder and all the subfolders ? I have under my Inbox a large group of Subfolders. I want to give an other user rights in the folder. 2) If that person has rights and he copies a new folder in one of mine. Does that folder inherit the new permissions ? I hope to hear from someone soon, Peter van den Ochtend ...

Outlook 2000
Is there some way of copying emails in my Outlook 2000 personal folder in a format that can be read by MS Word. ...

Outlook 2003: Draft Folder
I have an employee that when she escapes out of an e-mail and Outlook asks if she wants to save the message she clicks Yes. But it brings up the Save As dialogue box rather than just put the e-mail in the Drafts Folder. We have the AutoSave items set to be Drafts folder but we can not get Outlook to save unsent e-mails in the Drafts folder. Thoughts? This is a fresh reinstall of the OS, and standard Outlook Install ...

How to set default fields/columns in folder?
In Outlook 2000 running against Exchange 2000, what governs the creation of the default fields/columns that are displayed when I create a new folder? I have a user who claims that when he used to create new mail folders (below the Inbox folder, in his case) the "From" field was included by default, but any that he has created in the past few weeks have not included that (I verified this myself). I have determined that the default fields/columns are NOT inherited from the parent folder. How can I get this user's (or all users') defaults to include the "From" field...