where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to
do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese .
0
MM (12)

Outlook 2003 Group Policy and encoding settings
I am trying to deploy the following Outlook 2003 settings via group policy: Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled. But when I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" is ignored and on the client side is applied as Disabled, although I have set it to Enabled. When I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Not Configured", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" works as expected. Is this some kind of a ...

Encoding issues?
Sender on the Internet sends someone within my Exchange 2003 organization an email and all of the periods ( . ) have been replaced with "=2E". I would say it's just a minor nuisance but it is making the emails hard to read for the recipient. Every period is being replaced with the characters =2E, even the ones in the email address in the header information. I've had the sender change their mail format to Plain Text but haven't heard back from them yet. Any ideas as to what is causing this or how to correct it? Thanks. No ideas without more information about wha...

Saving XmlDocument with Danish Encoding????
Hi, I'm trying to update a vbproj xml file programatically, but when I try to open the updated vbproj file in Vs.Net, all entries ("Files") with danish chars are wrong. How do I force the XmlDocument.Save to encode to Danish chars ('ISO-8859-1')? Thanks in advance. M O J O Hi MOJO, First of all, I would like to confirm my understanding of your issue. From your description, I understand that you need to save the xml document to a file which is encoded with ISO-8859-1 format. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know. We can see that ...

how does ado.net SqlDataReader.GetString() know which encoding to read the data into a string as? Does sql sever set this at the column data type level, server wide encoding setting, os encoding?
how does ado.net SqlDataReader.GetString() know which encoding to read the data into a string as? Does sql sever set this at the column data type level, server wide encoding setting, os encoding? ...

Problem with encoding
Currently , i am trying to send an email that contain chinese to some of my friends which works perfectly fine before i download and latest version of the S/MIME Control. Now. my friends said they could not read the chinese i typed in. please can someone help me to solve this problem. PS. i am using Microsoft Outlook and they are using yahoo emails ...

xml encoding problems #2
Hi, I am currently working on sending an XML request to a server and it responds with an xml response. This request and response use ISO-8859-1 encoding. The xml request and response need to match. The Response i get, replaces some of the French text with <e9> characters, and the request that i send them has <c3><a9> as the characters which identify the French text. When i convert both to a string, they return the identical text, but the xml for both dont match because of the difference in the encoding text. Can anyone tell me why that might be happening and how i can solve...

Encoding again
Hello! When I enter unicode characters into a search engine and press Enter, I do see the unicode characters, even in the address bar, but when I copy the text from the browser address bar, I see that it was replaced by another encoding... For example like this: http://www.bing.com/search?q=%CE%97%CE%B8%CE%B5%CE%BB%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%AD%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%82+&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all Can somebody tell me how to convert a Unicode string into this %... encoding? I have to do so in order to post this string to my browser control. Unicode characters are not recognized... ...

Encoding #2
i have encountered a problem. all users using MS Outlook 2003 sp2 (operating system is Windows XP SP2). With the same email message (with chinese text), some machine can encode the text to readable chinese text but some cannot. ...

Why is not Encoding.Unicode called Encoding.UTF16
Hi! Here I have some example of different encodings. We for example UTF7 and UTF8. But what seems strange is why not Encoding.Unicode is called UTF16 ? StreamWriter swUtf7 = new StreamWriter("utf7.txt", false, Encoding.UTF7); swUtf7.WriteLine("Hello, World!"); swUtf7.Close(); StreamWriter swUtf8 = new StreamWriter("utf8.txt", false, Encoding.UTF8); swUtf8.WriteLine("Hello, World!"); swUtf8.Close(); StreamWriter swUtf16 = new StreamWriter("utf16.txt", false, ...

message encoding and view encoding menu
i receive this email without message encoding information in the header so the outlook 2000 displays gabage characters. i tried to install the language using office language tools and according to the document i should just go to view->encoding menu and select the right language then I can view it. However the encoding menu item isn't there. i appraiciate your help. please also reply to my email address. Thanks! What version of Outlook and what does the internet header show? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due t...

Encoding
In OE, I was able to select the encoding of the incoming messages. Is there a similar function in Outlook 2003? ...

How to set default encoding
Hello, I need to set the default encoding for reading messages in the Live Mail in Windows 7. So I go to Menus - Options - Read - International Settings. The Default Encoding is set to Cyrillic KOI-8, and I cannot change it, it's grayed out. I have the same problem with Outlook 2007 and I could never figure out how to fix it. I would appreciate your help. Thank you. Instead of the International button, click the FONTS button there and change the encoding. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Peter Afonin" <petera@gudzon.net> wrote...

Help! Character Encoding Problem when exporting from Access to XML
I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provider who distributes the file in XML form to online clients. Recently characters have started to not translate onto sites; usually quotes and apostrophes. I have been told by the third party service that this is due to a problem from cutting-and-pasting btw Excel, Word and Access. How can I 'clean' this data in Access so it is uniform? On May 11, 5:31=A0am, Mark H <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provide= r > who ...

Problem with encoding date
Hi all My problem is an older programme, Next from SCM for Windor 60 to exact. Probably that doesnt tell you much. Originally it works on Win98, and can be reinstalled and work on Win98. =B4 On Win XP however, it will work the first time, but after that it will give this error: Invalid argument to date encode. Then an access violation will occur, and the programme will not work. I tried it on to Win XP computers, the result is the same. That was yesterday, 15.05.2010. It does not even read in the language or anything. All functions result in an access violation error. A...

Encodings
Does anyone know what the encoding used in Office documents is? I need to open a Word doc, do a quick search and replace for anything that looks like [[Today]] to today's date and write the file back out. Im just badly uhung up on encodings at this point. Thanks, Ike Although I do not know the actual encoding of Word documents, you could use COM to access the document and do what you're desiring. Saul775 "Ike" wrote: > Does anyone know what the encoding used in Office documents is? I need to > open a Word doc, do a quick search and replace for anything that ...

encoding string data
Hi All, I am sharing some business logic C# code between a .NET Web App and a ..NET forms app (Web App came first, and now I'm doing the Forms App). In some of my code I am using System.Web.HttpUtility.HtmlEncode() and then using XmlElement.InnerXml=encodedString; Since System.Web is not available in the .NET Forms App, does anyone have a suggestion on what I can use? Note that I am also using WriteRaw() in places and WriteString() does not work for my purposes. I don't want to get into a "You should be doing it this way" argument. I just want to know if there is ...

Encoding
I when i send a messages from an automatic procedure, the content of the message result not undertandable (eg: Q09HTK9NRSB....) the first three line of the messages are: Content -Type: text/palin; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Anyone now what happends to the mail body? Why it is encoded? Thanks Kentucky Base64 encoding is a standard encoding format. Can you provide any more information on what is in the body of the email. Is it anything other than text? Nue "Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote in message news:1144146017.895306.104940@g1...

Encoding
1. How do I determine which encoding a xmldocument or xmlreader uses when opening a document? I'm not just talking about the <?xml encoding="utf-8"?> attribute, but the actual encoding of the characters in the underlying stream. 2. How do I make sure that the encoding of my created xmldocument or xmlwriter is in utf-8? Thanks! /mortb * mortb wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >1. How do I determine which encoding a xmldocument or xmlreader uses when >opening a document? >I'm not just talking about the <?xml encoding="utf-8"?> attribu...

How to output numerical entity encodings with the XslTransform class?
I am using the XslTransform class in C#.net to output XML files that include non-ascii Unicode characters such as the Greek capital letter theta U+0398. I can easily outout the data as serialized UTF-8 by using the default encoding of UTF-8; however, my customer wants any non-ascii characters output as numerically-entity encoded characters, e.g. &#920; (where 920 is the decimal equivalent for hexadecimal 398). If I use the Saxon processor or MSXSL, and the xsl transform has the output type set to us-ascii as follows: <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="us-ascii"...

XML is UTF-16 encoding but I want UTF-8 encoding ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C49116.B5C06750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there XML Gurus ;) I am trying to use XML Serialization to create a xml from a class, this = is the output which I get when I create the XML and put in a string = variale. "<?xml version=3D\"1.0\" = encoding=3D\"utf-16\"?><OutBS><FirstName>XML</FirstName><LastName>Guru</L= astName><MemberName>guru@xml.com</MemberName></OutBS...

about encoding UTF-8 and UTF-16
Hi! This character "�" is represented as 241 in UTF-16. The code point of is U+00F1 This is 0xF1 (or 241 decimal) in UTF-16 or UTF-32, and C3 B1 (195 177 decimal) as UTF-8. My first question. When UTF-8 encoding is using 2 bytes is it then common that UTF-16 has zeros in the highorder byte as it is in this case where 241 fits in one byte ? My second question does a code page include all the Unicode standards UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32.if not where are for example this character "�" defined for the different Unicode standards ? //Tony Tony Johansso...

TextWriter encoding
Hello, I'm trying to change the encoding for a textwriter: TextWriter w = new StringWriter(); XmlTextWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(w); w.Encoding = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode; But I'm getting an error Property or indexer 'System.IO.TextWriter.Encoding' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only How do I change this? Thanks On Dec 18, 12:34=A0pm, coder316 <coder...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I'm trying to change the encoding for a textwriter: > TextWriter w =3D new StringWriter(); > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 XmlTe...

Text encoding
When I save a document in the text format, I get a box that asks several questions: Text encoding with three options, and then Insert line breaks?, and allow character substitution? What does this all mean? Old Man wrote: > When I save a document in the text format, I get a box that asks > several questions: Text encoding with three options, and then Insert > line breaks?, and allow character substitution? > What does this all mean? The text encoding options control how the characters in the document are translated to numeric values stored in the file. For almost a...

XML and Encoding Problems.
I'm tryin to read an XML file created by Oracle into SQL Server. Oracle creates a file using the "WE8ISO8859P1" character set : ISO-8859-1. I need to read the file using UTF-8. The code I'm using to read the file is: objDSXML.ReadXml(sFilename) where sFileName is the full path of the file. I get the error : Invalid byte was found at byte index XXXX Is there some way I can convert the file in dotNet without using the advanced save functionality. Need a way to convert it using code, as this has to be automatic. Any ideas would be warmly welcomed, thanks. DelBoy w...

How to change the CRM email encoding?
By default, CRM email send with UTF-8 encoding, I wonder if possible to change the encoding to others such as GB2312? Thanks. Abrams ...