Where is suggested name file stored?

When you start to enter an e-mail address, Outlook suggests addresses you
have used before. I recently exported the personal folders file from an
Outlook 2003 environment to a .pst file and imported it into Outlok 2007.
The suggested names file did not carry-over. Where is the file and how can I
get it into the 2007 environment?

Thanks!!!
John G

0
jlgilkey (5)

They are stored in .NK2 files in the users profile dir...locations are
listed here:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup2007.asp

"John Gilkey" <jlgilkey@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> When you start to enter an e-mail address, Outlook suggests addresses you
> have used before. I recently exported the personal folders file from an
> Outlook 2003 environment to a .pst file and imported it into Outlok 2007.
> The suggested names file did not carry-over. Where is the file and how can
> I get it into the 2007 environment?
>
> Thanks!!!
> John G

0
betelgeuse (144)

Copy File to Linux Server
I'm trying to write some vb code (to eventually become VBA code within Excel) that can copy a file from my client pc to my linux server and rename it (or, if not possible, to leave the name the same). After much searching on the net, this is what I've come up with so far. Option Explicit Private Declare Function InternetCloseHandle Lib "wininet" (ByRef hInet As Long) As Long Private Declare Function InternetConnect Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "InternetConnectA" (ByVal hInternetSession As Long, ByVal sServerName As String, ByVal nServerPor...

Exchange 2003 full computer name doesn't match domain name.
I'm running a Windows 2000 SP4 DC network with a single Exchange 2003 SP2 server running on a Windows 2003 member server. For some reason the full computer name of the exchange server (exchange.wrongdomain.com) does not match our domain name (mydomain.local). We are having some weird issues (such as not able to create mailboxes at the same time as adding a new user) on our network which I think are related to this discrepancy. The only way I've found to solve this issue is to remove the server from the domain and re-add it. However, I don't know what affect this will have o...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

in a excel file, how to make a menu item for the .xls file that when clicked on it runs myform.show? example plz
in a excel file, how to make a menu item for the .xls file that when clicked on it runs myform.show? example plz Try this example, Daniel: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=171 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uaftfJogFHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > in a excel file, how to make a menu item for the .xls file that when clicked > on it runs myform.show? example plz > > ...

I was told at apple store when I bought Student Teacher office 2004 I could upgrade to student teacher office 2008.
I purchased in Oct 2007 and only bought it then becasue I was told I could upgrade to Student teacher Office 2008 since they knew it was coming out so soon. Please noe I found the upgrade coupon. However I see I need the ORIGINAl box top with barcode. I have my receipt from apple store and my box with<br> Product Keys. I only used one Key not all three. But the orginal Big box I threw away. My apple store receipt shows the apple product number.<br> I wasn't told to save the big box just my receipt. I just purchased the upgrade online. Am i going to have problems if I make a co...

Inserting named ranges into Match and Vlookup
I want the named range in my match and lookup functions to be variable dependent on another cell value (let's say the value in cell d3). For instance if the value in cell d3 is Group1 then i want the match function to be =Match(c10,Group1,1). However, if the value in cell d3 is Group2 then i want the match function to be =Match(c10,Group2,1). And so on. I've tried =Match(c10,d3,1) and =Match(c10,"d3",1) but neither of these work. I also want to do the same thing in my vlookup function. Is this possible? If not, is there a work around? I can do some VBA coding if that is ...

Tab Names #4
I've taken a suggested VBA code from the discussion groups; Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$B$5" Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$B$5" Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub This as you ca...

Auto suggest
One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest / auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice accepted. Can Word do this too? It could through Word2003, and it's been reported that the feature was restored in Word2010. Although if you've already gotten as far as "accommo," that particular AutoCorrect doesn't do you much good, since in that word it's the number of c's and m's that's tricky, and how would it know wheth...

Exporting excel to text file
selection Choice1 choice2 A1 x x A2 x A3 x A4 x A5 x x A6 A7 x A8 x A9 x x The table above is done in excel. How can I output the data in a text file as Choice1(A1,A3,A4 etc..) Choice2(A1, A2, A5 etc.) I basically want to list all the selection with X's with the corresponding choices. The selection may very large as compared to what is demonstrated here. is there anyway I can get this done...

Re: Outlook 2K3 LDAP check name problem
A post regarding this and a subsequent response last year don't resolve this problem. To reiterate, Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 both have a problem if you type in multiple partial address names in the TO:, CC:, or BCC: fields, separated by semicolons. When it does a Check Names function (such as when you press Alt-K or when you SEND the message with incomplete addressees) it properly does an LDAP lookup and lists suggestions for the first partial name. But after you pick the correct first addressee and hit OK, it pops up a suggestion list with "(no suggestions)" for each addit...

Your suggestion?
I'm writing a small program on Win32 MFC where user can login to do something. Now I would like to implement the automatic logout when the user is logged in and there was no mouse nor keyboard activity for e.g. 10 seconds? Since there is a lot WM_x messages that mouse and keyboard produces I could listen to it's to much work and probably not so elegant. Must I use keyboard and mouse hook for this or you think there is a better solution? How to know if my app was in idle time when it comes to user input? Thanks for help! "blue" <blue@blue.blue> wrote in messa...

Where to find a deleted name?
Hi all, by mistake I deleted a name from my address book where can I find it? thanks .. Try the Deleted Items folder. If it's not there you've permanently deleted it and you must recreate the contact or restore it from back-up (if you made any) -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS an...

Appending to XML file instead of overwriting
Hello All. There is an automatic way to save just the changes of a xml file? For example, if add several nodes, delete some and change the value or attribute of another. Actually, on saving it, the Save( ) method will serialize the entire file again. The doubt is if this behaviour can be changed, making the parser keep the file and saving only the changes. I have a customer asking for it, but I guess it is not possible, due to XML way of work. Or, am I wrong? Can someone discuss about, please? Cesar wrote: > There is an automatic way to save just the changes of a xml file? >...

Quicken file conversion
All my Quiken accounts give the error message "file contains ... invalid transaction type" then the accounts are set up but no transactions are converted - the new accounts have no transactions & no balances. Any ideas? Have you done a 'Validate' in Quicken then tried converting? It also helps to clean out your Quicken file as much as possible before the conversion. >-----Original Message----- >All my Quiken accounts give the error message "file >contains ... invalid transaction type" then the accounts >are set up but no transactions ar...

Creating PDF from publisher 2007 file
I've been creating a monthly newsletter in publisher 2007 for 6 months now. once I've completed the newsletter I convert it to a PDF for posting on the web & e-mailsing, but this months newsletter wont convert... any suggestions on how to correct this problem?! AQUA'boogie' iz... on a deadline here!!! Define "won't convert". What happens when you try and which program are you using to create the .pdf files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "AQUA'boogie'" ...

Items options table name???
I am trying to find the name of the table that holds the "item option" settings. It is located under configuration-->options tab. This is where you check or uncheck configuration settings of the pos software and the folders are called Customer options, General options, Item option, POS options, and so on. Thanks Dave Dave - look in dbo.configuration; there's a couple of entries for "options", but I don't know off the top of my head the specific options tracked. I have not seen a separate table that tracks "options". Hope this helps... "D...

How to import addresses and emails from FILE
I just reformatted my HDD and switched from W2K to XP Pro. I backed up my files and reinstalled Office 2000. Now, I find that the way that you're supposed to save your address book, emails, and such is to export them to a database file and then import them to the new installation. I'm assuming that the information is saved in one or more of the files that I copied en mass prior to the reformat. Can someone tell me which files contain my user-data and how to get them back? Getting my Rules back would be nice too. I'm fairly proficient with DBMS so if there is a CSV fil...

Parse a path for a file name in Access
Hi All, How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? Example c:\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\someFile.xls I want to query a table with this value and just return 'someFile.xls" no matter how long or short the path is. I can do this in SQL Server, but i am new to Access SQL and I can not figure it quite out. Any help is always appreciated. Cheers, ~ck On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:23:34 GMT, CK wrote: > Hi All, > How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? > Example > c:\somefolder\somefol...

Naming columns so the names repeat on each page.

attachments turning to dat files
Help! all of my attachements to outlook emails are received as dat files and are unreadable. Does anyone have a solution for this? Change your message format from Rich Text to HTML or Plain Text. You can do this in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.ne...

opeing publisher 98 files in publisher 2000
SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE BUT I CAN'T FIND AN ANSWER WHEN SEARCHING. I HAVE RECIEVED A FILE CREATED IN PUBLISHER 98 BUT MY PC WORKS ON PUBLISHER 2000. MY PC WILL NOT OPEN THE FILE. IS THERE A WAY TO OPEN THE FILE IN PUBLISHER 2000? THANKS If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:152501c4a6d1$66ac4c80$3501280a@phx.gbl... > SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED ...

Macro changing region names
Hi, I have a workbook with multiple tabs. All tabs have a defined names region. For example if a tab is named 401 there is a name in the tab for 401 = A1:P400. I would like to change the region selection all at once so it will change to 401= A1:Z400. I would like to use a macro to change regions for all the tabs rather doing this manually one by one. Your help is truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance Nikki by one. No need for a macro, this is relatively easy to change. First, go to Insert - Name - Paste. Choose to "Paste List". Second, select the cells co...

Forwarding for entire domain name..
My problem is this...bellsouth recently changed there policy allowing the use of port 25 on residential accounts..... I have a mail server at the house that can no loger send or recive mail because incoming and outgoing SMTP is blocked... Bellsouth tells me the only way to over come the block is to upgrade to a Commecial account..... I refuse to send another 70 dollars a month..... I have another exchange server 2003 at my office...can I redirect the MX record to the exchange server at the office and then have it forward all mail for my my domain over port 26 to my mail server at th...

srt files
My WMP use to play avi files with srt files, and now it won't since I upgraded to Vista. I presume this is because I had to install a Vista codec pack. However, all is not lost, as Media Player Classic will play them. IIRC I did have to reinstall MPC after I upgraded. I have been absent from this newsgroup for a while, and so I don't know if this has been discussed before. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. -- David Barnett ...