where are old calendar entries?

I use Outlook 2003 and synch it to my HTC Tilt 2.  I use the Tilt as a
phone, calendar, Tasks list (which is very important for me), Notes,
Contacts list, camera on occasion, but not for anything Web or Wi-Fi
or e-mail.

Old calendar entries are missing from Outlook.  For example, I went on
a cruise for a wedding last November, had it in Outlook, but it no
longer shows in there.  Neither are other-related entries, i.e.,
flight numbers and times, limo pick up info, the wedding details.
However, a March '11 entry related to this same wedding is still
there.

This is important to me, I use this for my memory.  I used to use
Palm, both desktop and my PDA were Palm.  I could go back into Palm
and check trips from a few years ago, or see when I had my last
mammogram or dental appt or something like that, but not with Outlook
2003 and the Tilt.

How can I customize it so that old entries appear, both on the Tilt
and on the desktop?  Oh, recurring entries still show from way back
when, if they're still recurring entries today.

BTW, I'm sort of a computer moron, so I would need things explained to
me in layman's terms.  One more thing:  I have Windows XP on my
desktop.

TIA,
Audrey
0
dkfhry (5)

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

Mailbox Department Entries
My company runs Exchange Server 5.5 in conjunction with Outlook 2002. Recently a number of departments have either been renamed or merged. I have amended the Department entries on all the affected mailboxes, including those for former employees which are hidden, but when viewing the list of departments in Outlook the old details are showing as well as the new details. Can someone please help. Geoff Major ...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Trap the delete transaction entry event
Hi All, Is there some way to trap the delete event in POS screen ? I need to do some db manipulation as soon as an entry is deleted from transaction screen in POS. I've gone through the customization guild and did not get any way out to handle this. Please help. Its very urgent. thanks ...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

MO Entry Window Error: Save operation on table MOP_Order_MSTR fai
Updated to V10, from V9 SP3 on a test SQL server. When going into the MO Entry window, we are getting: A Save operation on Table 'MOP_Order_MSR' failed accessing SQL Data. We can click OK and it goes to the window, but it does not default the next MO number. If I click on the 'More Info' button onthe above window: SQL Native Client violation of PRIMARY KEY Constraint PKMRP001 cannot insert duplicate key in dbo MRP0101. Does anyone know what I need to do to correc this error? I am waiting to upgrade to V10 'Live' until I figure this error out. thanks! Doug ...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Problem when running Exchange Calendar Update Tool
I ran the Exchange update tool against a few mailboxes, and I am noticing a problem. The tool appeared to work to some extent, but one of the mailboxes I ran it against has some items modified and some not modified. Two recurring meetings that this user created and invited other people to were modified properly and updates were sent out automatically to the other people in the meeting. However, two other recurring meetings that he initiated and invited other people to were not modified and no update messages were sent for those meetings. Appointments that he created just for himself...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

View only calendar access...
We have a third-party scheduling events for us. They need be able to see our schedules WITHOUT DETAIL (Just time blocked as busy or not busy). The 3rd party only needs to view, not make any updates. We use Exchange Server whereas the 3rd does not have access to the Exchange Server. Is there a way or tool that we can use to give them this limited view capability? What version of Exchange? The best you can do is free/busy time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

Calendar Sync between Entourage - MobileMe

Word Calendar & Publisher?
I would like to put a calendar which is done in MS Word on a webpage. I had converted it to htm format and used it like that but it does not show up in other browsers besides MS IE. I thought if I could import the calendar into Publisher, I could save it in jpg format and easily use it on a web page. However when I try to use Import, text file in Publisher 2003, it just hangs. I guess it is not really a text document. I know I could convert it to a pdf file but that is a lot of trouble for people to just look at a one page calendar. I cannot scan the hard paper copy of the word docum...

Disappearing calendar items.
Having problems with meetings dissappearing from a user's mailbox. Here is the setup: Exchange 2003 Std SP2 clients: Outlook 2003 SP2 with all updates User "Assistant" has full access to user "Manager" (including Send As & Receive As rights, excluding Send on Behalf). Assistant has added Manager's mailbox to her Outlook profile as an additional mailbox. When Manager receives a meeting request, Assistant goes into Manager's Inbox and accepts it. The meeting is displayed in the correct date and time in Manager's Calendar. Here's where the p...

Unchecking Calendar removes other calendars entries
I have 4 Calendars in Outlook 2007. One is from Outlook and the other 3 are Live Calendars. If I have them all checked and viewed in Overlay mode, all of my tasks, bdays etc. show up fine. If I uncheck the one Outlook created calendar, all of the events go away until I uncheck and RE-check the other Live calendars. This is my list of Calendars: Calendar Home Calendar in xxxx@live.com Birthday calendar in xxxx@live.com US Holidays in xxxx@live.com I really just want to delete the "Calendar" and keep the Live ones, but it won't let me delete it (note: it won't let me de...

How old are you?
I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu it rounds up? Can anyone help? Thank -- tee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi teeb With the date of birth in B2 Completed years =IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y")) See also http://www...

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

Calendar not updated
Dear Mvp, I am using Mic. Outlook 2000 (MAPI), when I got Meeting Invitation email , why my calendar is not directly updated ? but if I open that meeting invitation, my calendar will be updated, and then when I receive another Meeting invitaion my calendar always updated. The problem will happend when I start Mic. Outlook at the first time and I never open the meeting invitation. The problem solved if I Once open the meeting Invitation email, if I got meeting invitation email and I never open it, my calendar won't be updated. Please your information Regards Darmawan ...

link data shape property to size and position entry
Dear Visio Experts - I need your help to find a solution for this issue Problem: I want to have the height and width of a drawing(for ex: rectangle) coming from the excel which I have linked to the Visio? For ex: I have an XL with following data set. Type X-side Y - side Block1 8 1 Block2 1 2 Block3 2 4 I linked this XL to visio using Data--> Link data to shapes->excel workbook. I got external data window in XL and was able to draw rectangles on visio drawing which are linked to the external data window. Now in the size and shape properties window of each re...

How do I view old appointmens in my calendar.
I'm trying to view old appointments in my calendar but it only shows activity for the past 10 months. How can I see what I did a year ago or more? Are you using autoarchive to clean up the old appointments? If so, you need to open the archive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

outlook to word calendar add in
When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 version of this sort of thing? One of these perhaps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Alan Smithee Jr. asked: | When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook | Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 v...

printing weekly calendar with word wrap in each day
Hi I would like to print weekly calendar, but with each appointment wrapping around, instead of cutting out at the boundary of the day. Any ideas Thanks Tim ...

calendars questions
I've been making calendars from the "understated" template in Publisher 2000. 12 months on 12 pages, trying different ways, portrait or landscape. Right now I'm been setting up family birthdays, etc. on them to print out as gifts (for the family) I've been trying to figure out a good way to put them together. Just printing them out and stapling them doesn't work (make it easy to turn the pages over each month). I've tried punching holes in the top and putting twisty ties, or loosely tied colored yarn through, but nothing seem to work good. By the...

word keeps changing old date to current date on old documents
I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they were typed. Any help? Press Alt+F9 to display the field code. Edit DATE to read CREATEDATE. Press Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 to update. Better yet, change the field in the template on which the documents are based. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "BrittRox" <BrittRox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9770213-7D10-4C3...