When selecting save as load up certain folder depending upon outlook folder

Hello,

When i receive an email i place it in a certain folder within the inbox for
example if it is from company A then it gets placed in the Company A folder.

The majority of the time i recieve attachments to these emails. Is it
possible when i go to "save as" to default to a directory based upon the
folder that the email is in.
For example if i was to move an email that had an attachment to the Company
A folder in the inbox and i wanted to save the document i would want the
save as dialog to default in this instance to Mydocuments\Company A\

Cheers
( i have posted this to both public.outlook and ouotlook.program.vba , not
sure which is the most appropiate!)

0
Hcoms

You can't specify a default that way. However there are add-ins that can
save attachments automatically to a Windows folder in the same structure as
your Outlook folders.

For more info see;
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Attachment-Save.asp?Source=RS

If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"Hcoms" <a@a.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When i receive an email i place it in a certain folder within the inbox
for
> example if it is from company A then it gets placed in the Company A
folder.

> The majority of the time i recieve attachments to these emails. Is it
> possible when i go to "save as" to default to a directory based upon the
> folder that the email is in.
> For example if i was to move an email that had an attachment to the
Company
> A folder in the inbox and i wanted to save the document i would want the
> save as dialog to default in this instance to Mydocuments\Company A\
>
> Cheers
> ( i have posted this to both public.outlook and ouotlook.program.vba , not
> sure which is the most appropiate!)

0
Roady

Run report on multi selected records.

Outlook With Business Contact Manager #4
I am trying to set up Outlook to use the BCM using an E- mail Exchange Account, I can not find the Accounts option mention in the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=829748 The Workstation is a W2k SP4, Any comments on how to configure the BCM on a Exchange E- mail account is appreciated. Thanks in advance If you're using the classic view of Control Panel, run the Mail applet. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.a...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Cannot load Shared libraries Office 2004 on new MacBook
I have just upgraded my laptop to a new Macbook. When i try to open any office app. (Word, excel, etc.) i get a 'cannot load MS office shared libraries' error message. I think i uninstalled the office trail before installing the full version. I can't remember. But either way i have uninstalled both, and have tried to re-install the Full version like 3 times. I have also repaired the permissions, and restarted. I have also downloaded the update and tried to install that, hoping that it would fix the problem, but it won't let me install it saying, 'installer could not locate...

Signature setting not saved between reboots
Hi I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. I have setup signatures on all our pcs, but on one pc the signature settings are not saved between reboots, and the user has to select there signature under Options - Mail Format every morning when they first start outlook. Any ideas. Thanks Are you using creating a new mail profile for the user each time they = start Outlook? That's no uncommon in some environments that want to = centrally control the mail profile. If so, that will remove all the = signature settings every time, since they're account-specific. --=20 Sue Mosh...

2.0 : fastest read-only forward-only loading method
In 2.0 what is the fastest way to iterate through an element set in a read-only forward-only XMLDocument ? For example , load the key/value pairs in the following xml doc into a hashtable : <Mappings> <Mapping MappingKey="AL" MappingValue="Alabama" /> <Mapping MappingKey="CA" MappingValue="Alabama" /> </Mappings> John A Grandy wrote: > In 2.0 what is the fastest way to iterate through an element set in a > read-only forward-only XMLDocument ? Create an XmlReader and read out the nodes you are looking for...

Outlook 2003 won't open
Tried to open outlook 2003 as usual, but it won't open - giving an error message that the folders are not accessible. I've tried installing updates, and rebooting. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook? PS: Other MS Office functions like Word etc are working fine. Folders not accessible means that your .PST file can't be opened. I would use the mail applet in the control panel to define a new .PST file, set this new .PST file as your default delivery location, and remove the old .PST file from the profile. Outlook should start at this time and give you ...

Outlook not receiving a particular message
I am having a problem with my Exchange server receiving e-mails from the NCAA and not being able to see them in Outlook. I have tried 2 different e-mail addresses on my Exchange server and the users get the messages delivered to their BlackBerry devices, but they never show up in Outlook. I have tried everything I can think of in Outlook and still can't get the messages to appear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is a long shot but have you tried turning off the Junk E-mail filter? <cliff.mcmanus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138138436.405759.252750@g43g2000cwa.goog...

Saving a spreadsheet
Is there a way to set up a spreadsheet so that when you click save, the name is saved as an entry of a particular cell, and not saving any changes to the original spreadsheet that the data was entered in? Thanks if anyone can help. Mike, give this macro a try, will save the workbook with the name in A1 Sub SaveAsSub() Dim MyName As String MyName = Range("A1").Value & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=MyName End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others ca...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Question About Junk Folder/Mail
When one looks at the Junk Mail folder for either a POP or otherwise server, and does the ongoing Let-Em-In method as follows: 1. Highlight Junk Mail 2. [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Add to Safe Senders list 3. then (on the same message) [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Mark as Not Junk , these two commands certainly work, but one other annoying item is that it assigns the message or messages highlighted as Read. A look in the folder where the [erm] mail rules are supposed to place it shows the message having been processed, but marked as Read, thus not highlighted and fairly dif...

Not Applying Outlook 2002 Rules
I have recently added rules to my rules list, and now a large portion of my rules are not being applied. When emails are received they remain in the inbox. When I manually apply my rules, the emails are correctly sorted. I have tried exporting my rule then removing them from my rule list, restarting outlook and importing my rules as well as disabling all my rules restarting and re-enabling them. Both attempts appear to have resulting in losing the automatic application of further rules. Even after these attempts manually running my rules executes correctly. I'm quite lost and ...

Save RichTextBox as RTF in A4 and landscape
I'r like to save my RTF-file (text frommy RichTextBox) in A4 format and landscape. Saving as RTF-file isn't the problem, but can't find any solution to add some information for A4 and landscape. The intention is that when a user opens the RTF-file using Ms Word, the page is in A4 format and in landcape. Any suggestions ? Anna anyone ? Anna "Anna" <Anna@notvalid.nospam> wrote in message news:OXsm3jtkKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'r like to save my RTF-file (text frommy RichTextBox) in A4 format and > landscape. >...

Outlook auto-complete
How does one get the addresses out of OUTLOOK's autocomplete directory. I know they are in there.... -- Coast-To-Coast is the world''s leading self-storage consultancy firm. Please call me tollfree 877 622-5508 ext 81! ...

outlook files taken over by www.jraun search
Hi Anyone have this problem. My outlook personal files systems open to a search through www.jraun.com. I cannot seem to get rid of this problem is it a new trojan or something? "ncw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<03bc01c3c36b$fc7c2fe0$a501280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi > Anyone have this problem. My outlook personal files > systems open to a search through www.jraun.com. I cannot > seem to get rid of this problem is it a new trojan or > something? I've got it too. No luck in getting rid of it yet. ncw <anonymous@discus...

select text in Calendar

Word 2007 Quick Parts not saving
Hello - When I create a Quick Part in Word 2007 then exit from Word, I am not getting the prompt "You have modified styles, building blocks" etc. asking me if I want to save changes to Building Blocks.dotx. So my Quick Parts are not being saved. How can I get this prompt back? I have tried checking and unchecking the Word Advanced Option to "Prompt before saving Normal template" but that doesn't make a difference either way. (Background on how I create the Quick Part: I name it, choose gallery "Quick Parts," Category "General," Sav...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

OL2002: Problem with Calendar Folder Size
I am having a problem with the size of my calendar folder size having grown out of control. This probably began with syncing to my Palm. If that is the REAL problem, how can we clean our calendar folder and retain some of my historical Calendar information? Is it possible to somehow archive the information/appointments from the Calendar folder that can be re-accessed if we need to see it? Thank you in advance for your assistance. MJ set up autoarchive to clean it out - it'll move them to a new pst. Also, there are some duplicate removers you could run to get rid of dups. There i...

Signature attaching from Outlook, but NOT on link/page send emails
I just converted from 2000 to Outlook 2003. My automatic signature insertion will not work when I am forwarding a link or page from Internet Explorer. BTW: It does work when sending, replaying, or forwarding emails from outlook. Any help will be greatly appreciated -- GregB "GregB" <GregB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA31F9EA-17E4-4829-9C06-529FB7B781C1@microsoft.com... > My automatic signature insertion will not work when I am forwarding a link > or page from Internet Explorer. That's because the Mail button in IE (and any other applica...