When searching this type of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time

Hi,

I have a user that is trying to use Advanced Find to search another users
mail box for and e-mail in Outlook 2000 Sp3.
When the user selects the browse button to select more than one directory to
search, the following error message appears "When searching this type of
folder, you can't search other folders at the same time".
Also, if a top directory is selected, Advanced Find does not do a recursive
search, but only searches the selected directory.
The user has the owner role assigned to the folders in question, so I don't
think that's it to do with permissions...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0
nospam7515 (2086)

You can only search one delivery location at a time. You cannot search
through multiple mailboxes at once.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"Steven Bellamy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user that is trying to use Advanced Find to search another users
> mail box for and e-mail in Outlook 2000 Sp3.
> When the user selects the browse button to select more than one directory
> to search, the following error message appears "When searching this type
> of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time".
> Also, if a top directory is selected, Advanced Find does not do a
> recursive search, but only searches the selected directory.
> The user has the owner role assigned to the folders in question, so I
> don't think that's it to do with permissions...

Roady
7/19/2004 4:12:28 PM
Hi Robert,

As far as I know, I was only searching through 1 users mail account. I
selected the 'Clear All' button in the browse section. Is this correct?

message news:e21KzvabEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You can only search one delivery location at a time. You cannot search
> through multiple mailboxes at once.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Backup and Restore
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Steven Bellamy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a user that is trying to use Advanced Find to search another users
>> mail box for and e-mail in Outlook 2000 Sp3.
>> When the user selects the browse button to select more than one directory
>> to search, the following error message appears "When searching this type
>> of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time".
>> Also, if a top directory is selected, Advanced Find does not do a
>> recursive search, but only searches the selected directory.
>> The user has the owner role assigned to the folders in question, so I
>> don't think that's it to do with permissions...

nospam7515 (2086)
7/19/2004 4:22:27 PM
Robert,

Further to my other post, the tickbox 'Search Subfolders' is greyed out and
is unticked, and idea what is causing this?

message news:e21KzvabEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You can only search one delivery location at a time. You cannot search
> through multiple mailboxes at once.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Backup and Restore
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Steven Bellamy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a user that is trying to use Advanced Find to search another users
>> mail box for and e-mail in Outlook 2000 Sp3.
>> When the user selects the browse button to select more than one directory
>> to search, the following error message appears "When searching this type
>> of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time".
>> Also, if a top directory is selected, Advanced Find does not do a
>> recursive search, but only searches the selected directory.
>> The user has the owner role assigned to the folders in question, so I
>> don't think that's it to do with permissions...

nospam7515 (2086)

Public Folder (phone journal) Freezes
Hi all, Iļæ½searching for quite a while for a problem with some public folders. We have some userers with various outlook versions from 2000 to 2007 with the problem that when they are triying to access public folders that are defined as phone journal with a number of 50K + entries they are getting no respone from outlook and outlook freezes... but... the curious thing about that is that not all users are having trouble and even one user (Terminalserver user) had the problem... only sometimes... The Size of the largest public folder where I have trouble with is 150 MB with 69K objects....

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Builtin chart type internationalization
Hi, My VB program uses Excel's built in custom type chart called Smooth Lines. I use the following code to call it: Excel.ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Smooth Lines" This works fine in an English version Excel but when you have a German Excel it causes an error and says that the type name is not applicable. The reason for this is because the German version of Excel calls the Smooth Lines as Weiche Linien and if I replace the Smooth Lines type name with Weiche Linien, it works. The only solution I could come up with are either: 1. Create my...

excel VBA

why do mailbox limits take time to come into effect?
Hello, If i change someones limits, they cannot imediatly send messages (it still says that they have exceeded their limit). why does this take approx 1 hr? The user is connected to the exchange server (1 of 1). It should not need time to replicate, because it should not have anything to do with AD, DC, GC. What am i missing? thanks A This sounds like http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378&sd=RMVP "aaron.whittaker" <aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2c874ed1.0501241531.2809889b@posting.google.com... > Hello, > If i chan...

time format past 24 hr
I am working with a spread sheet that reports (imported) time values in a text string. The calculations performed on this string return a value in time format (hh:mm) but if the value is over 24 hrs it returns only the value between 24 hr increments (12:03 = 12:03, 25:03 = 1:03, 49:03 = 1:03, etc). I want to keep the extra-24 hr format for time totals that are more than 24 hr. Thanks Theo Format the cell as [hh]:mm "Theo" <tbb@unfiw.com> wrote in message news:0b0601c36341$9c98a7a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am working with a spread sheet that reports (imported) > ...

Can't find emails in my local folder

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Navigation Pane display's multiple Personal folders
In the navigation window of my Outlook 2003 I see 5 Personal Folders! When I open them up individually they are all exactly the same! This seems a bit disconcerting to me and I'd like to get rid of them. I can't seem to find the way to do tis. Can anyone help me, plaease? Dave Dave wrote: > In the navigation window of my Outlook 2003 I see 5 Personal Folders! When I > open them up individually they are all exactly the same! This seems a bit > disconcerting to me and I'd like to get rid of them. I can't seem to find > the way to do tis. Can anyone help me...

Run-time error '91:
Hi I get a Run-time error '91' object variable or with block variable not set error once in a while every other day or so I have Rms 2.0.0126 sp3. any help I just had the same error happening a couple weeks ago. I was able to narrow it down to one tender that was producing the errors. I renamed that tender with "(old)" at the end of it and created a new one. The error hasn't happened again. "John" wrote: > Hi > I get a Run-time error '91' object variable or with block variable not set > error once in a while every other day or so I have ...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

type of or isa function
I can't believe how much my MFC memory is failing me and I threw out my books a few years ago, but I seem to remember a TYPEOF macro in MFC for telling either the type of an object (instance of class so and so) or the type of an object a pointer is referencing. I cannot seem to find it in the on-line help as it keeps bringing back C++ .Net answers which don't work. Is there not such a macro? If so, what is it. Thanks. No One wrote: > I can't believe how much my MFC memory is failing me and I threw out my > books a few years ago, but I seem to remember a TYPEOF macro in...

recover a deleted folder in outlook express
I have accidentally deleted email folders in outlook express. Is there a way to recover those? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have accidentally deleted email folders in outlook > express. Is there a way to recover those? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

custom chart type with image control
I created a chart type that contained an image control (company logo) and a textbox. I saved that chart as a custom chart type. But when I selected that custom chart through the chart wizard in another workbook, the image and textbox controls didn't appear. I even edited with copy and paste those controls directly into -xlusrgal.xls- where custom chart types are held, but they refused to show up in my charts. Can it be done? and how? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...