when I try to create a new email Outlook 2007 gives error message

I have just installed office 2007 upgrade, everything works well with the
exception of Outlook 2007 when I click on "NEW" email, it gives me the
following message:
Microsoft office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close etc..

The error is further detailed as follows
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName:
msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:41109750 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00100f99

Outlook will forward send and receive ok just wont start a new message
Any suggestions?

Leon
0
leonS (2)

Create a new mail profile after an upgrade.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, leonS asked:

| I have just installed office 2007 upgrade, everything works well with
| the exception of Outlook 2007 when I click on "NEW" email, it gives
| me the following message:
| Microsoft office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
| etc..=20
|=20
| The error is further detailed as follows
| AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName:
| msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:41109750 fDebug: 0 Offset:
| 00100f99=20
|=20
| Outlook will forward send and receive ok just wont start a new message
| Any suggestions?
|=20
| Leon
0
MillyS (3228)
4/25/2007 1:55:36 PM
Thank again, it works fine! now I have a further problem, none of my old data
is in the new profile, how do i move it or import it into the new profile?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Create a new mail profile after an upgrade.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, leonS asked:
>
> | I have just installed office 2007 upgrade, everything works well with
> | the exception of Outlook 2007 when I click on "NEW" email, it gives
> | me the following message:
> | Microsoft office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
> | etc..
> |
> | The error is further detailed as follows
> | AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName:
> | msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:41109750 fDebug: 0 Offset:
> | 00100f99
> |
> | Outlook will forward send and receive ok just wont start a new message
> | Any suggestions?
> |
> | Leon

0
leonS (2)
4/25/2007 3:02:01 PM
leonS <leonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thank again, it works fine! now I have a further problem, none of my
> old data is in the new profile, how do i move it or import it into
> the new profile?

Use the Mail applet's Data Files button to add your PST to the profile you
created.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Quick creating of an account
I am trying to customize the form Quick creating of an account. But I can`t find the correct form. Does anyone know where I can find it? I have been in Account in Customize Entities without any result... In my experience there is no way how to do this, but if anyone had an idea (supported or not) let me know. Regards -- if it all works without errors then where is the challange? "Martin" wrote: > I am trying to customize the form Quick creating of an account. But I can`t > find the correct form. Does anyone know where I can find it? > I have been in Account in Custo...

Outlook Restarting
Approximately 5-10 times per day, my Outlook 2003 will stop responding or a dialogue box will appear stating that there is an error and do I want to send a report...then it will restart itself. This is very frustrating!!! Does anyone know a cure? ...

outlook sends me copy of every email I send ?? 05-12-10
where are the settings on Outlook to stop this??? SUSIE wrote: > where are the settings on Outlook to stop this??? Other than saving a copy of your outbound e-mails in the Sent Items folder, the behavior you describe is not a function of Outlook. So there is no user-configurable setting to prevent this behavior. Your problem is with an add-on you installed in Outlook, the superfluous e-mail scanner in your anti-virus software, or behavior effected by your e-mail server. Run Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe") which will not load and add-ons that you ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

outlook express will not post to newsgroups
I've been using outlook express as my newsreader for some time. Just today, when trying to post, I started getting an error message like this: Outlook Express could not post your message Subject 'Re: power supply explanation'. Account 'nntp.aioe.org' Protocol: NNTP. Server Response: '441 Nonexistent group'. Port 119 Secure (SSL): No Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 I get a similar error message when trying to post through teranews. I get online only through public wifi hotspots. I don't have a service provider at home or at work, and I us...

Error while compiling vc2005 application in vc2008
Dear Friends, The application was working fine when i complied in vc2005 on Xp.When i tried to compile the same application in vc2008 on vista .i am getting follwing errors listed below.Please help me out Error 2 error C2065: '_JBLEN' : undeclared identifier c:\users\root\desktop\header file\include \stdlib.h 1040 Error 3 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ContextRecord' c:\users\root\desktop\header file \include\winnt.h 3019 Error 4 error C4430: missing type specifier - int...

Creating New Message Problem
When creating a new Message in Outlook 2003 and clicking on "To" all the field are blank. It doesn't show any Folders or contacts in the "Show Names from" drop down box. If I go to the Contacts area and select a contact I can send them a message no problem. I am using the older style of .PST file if that has any bearing. Perhaps you have failed to to select the option in Contact properties to show as an Outlook address book If by older style pst you mean one created in an earlier version, why have you not created a new unicode pst that doesnt have the size limitat...

New Installation of Word 2008 crashes immediately
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I purchased the 2008 Business Edition upgrade. I removed the 2008 free trial stuff and even my 2004 programs. When I start Word, as soon as I move the mouse the program automatically shuts down. No error no nothing. What am I doing wrong? i'm also having a problem with word 2008 (which i just installed this weekend on a new macbook running snow leopard) crashing - strangely, i was able to work with this program for a few hours this morning, but now (and i have no idea what caused the change) word crashes within a...

Outlook 2000 and Windows 98
I have one server and one domain. Some time back, the server went down and I had to rebuild it. In the process of doing this, I upgraded my Exchange Server from 5.5 to 2003. All of the clients had to be reset on the network. This went extremely smooth until I got to the Windows 98 clients. They can see the network and reach all resources except the Exchange server. I can't get the the profiles in Outlook set up. It won't authenticate the username or server name. Any suggestions? ...

STARTING a NEW BUDGET in Money 2006
I can't seem to find a simple way to start a new budget in 2006. Deluxe I was using MNY2000 and it was right there ready for me. I purchased 2006 deluxe, and I can't find anything that makes sense regarding a budget.. "The first button to click", would sure give me a head start! Help? Thanks, and Happy New Year, Mike Budget Summary (link on left). Or Budget. (Pull down menu on the third, or fourth, depending on how you count) level pull down menus at the top. What you see next will depend a lot on what you've already done, so I cannot say what to do precisely. M...

Document email attachment problem
I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within word, excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted, a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was never sent. Anyone know why? Thanks! Scott "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your mail client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an invitation to disaster), th...

new RUS for child domain
Our child domain was blown away and restored by some lovely remote staff, and it didn't go so well. Anyhow, i'm trying to create a new recipient update service for the remote child domain and its defaulting to the name of a DC that no longer exists and I dont' have an option to change it. The DC does not exist in DNS, the DSACESS tab of the exchange server, all FSMO roles had been seized from it, and its been deleted from sites and services and the Domain controllers OU...e2k3 on win2k3 native mode...any way to create a new RUS and specify the DC? nevermind...duh...just gon...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Repost
Hi I'm running WIN XP and I have Outlook 2002 as my default email program. EVERY program that is "Internet reliant" on my PC connects to my Broadband connection ON DEMAND, EXCEPT Outlook. In other words, when I first switch the PC on, although the connection is "Always on", the first time I connect to the 'net the Modem needs to authenticate etc. with the BT Yahoo server (UK). I then, pretty much, leave it connected until I switch off - maybe hours later. However, I cannot make Outlook do this. In other words, when I open Outlook to check emails, it shows an er...

supressing the message box
I have an excel macro which has some msgboxs with relevant messages according to some business rules. I want to display these conditionaly only when the function is invoked by clicking on a button. I dont want these msgs to appear when the macro is run from a .vbs file. Is there any way to accomplish this? Pls let me know - ill be greatly benifited by it. Thanks! - Anu Is there a way of setting a variable to handle this? (Perhaps in worksheet cell) eg:- '-------------------------------------------------------------- Dim ShowMessage As Boolean ShowMessage = True If ShowMessage = True T...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

Can't move an email message that's already been moved: OL 2003
[Got no respone to my orginal post on this - am I the only that has this problem?] After I've read some mail in my Inbox, I'll move it to one of the personal folders I've set up. Being *extremely* fallible, I sometimes move it to the wrong folder. When I discover such an error, I'd like to move it from the incorrect location to the correct one. When I attempt the move, it whines that it cannot do the move because the item has already been moved or deleted. I *know* that - I just want to move it again! Why is Outlook treating me so shabbily, and what can I do to move stuf...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How do I create a windows form that is an ellipse
Hi! Normally when you create a form it's shape is a rectangle. Now I want to create a windows form that is not a rectangle but an ellipse instead I wonder if anyone have some good example of code where this is done. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:ec84YWZ0KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Normally when you create a form it's shape is a rectangle. > Now I want to create a windows form that is not a rectangle but an ellipse > instead > I wonder if anyone have some good ex...

old files seen with new version?
I need to know if i have money 99 in french-canada, does my files will be recognised with a version more recent of money (french-Canada, like 2003 or 2004)? They should be but I'm very hesitant to give you answer as localized versions of Money **never** cross to other locales and I don't know much about Canadian vs. French Canadian versions. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1daf01c445bf$5c699570$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > I need to know if i have money 99 in french-canada, does > my files will be recognised with a version more recent of > money ...

how can i delete mulitiple emails at once?
new to this...thank you You can hold down the shift or ctrl key to select multiple items. Once you have the items selected, shift+delete is a permanent delete and pressing delete key moves things to the deleted items folder. "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4475BBE-E47D-4652-96DE-87C7360359A3@microsoft.com... > new to this...thank you mickey wrote: > new to this...thank you How do you select multiple files in Windows Explorer? ...

How to send email after entry from data access page
I hope this is an easy one, but i am not a programmer. I got volunteered for this because i built an inventory database. Access 2003I have a simple referral table that i have linked to an "Input" page for people to enter records (including a drop down list of email addresses). And an "Output" page where pepole can come and edit. That part seems to be working fine.I need to have an email sent out when a new record is posted. Ideally, i would like it to be sent out based on who is selected in that email list, but i would settle for anything at this point.Thank you in adv...

Can't enter new transactions
Please help...I can't enter new withdrawals..I get the message "This transaction cannot be entered" Haven't changed any settings just started with this message today. In microsoft.public.money, Diane wrote: >Please help...I can't enter new withdrawals..I get the message "This >transaction cannot be entered" Haven't changed any settings just started >with this message today. Make a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2. If that does not do it, restore a backup that predates the problem. ...