Hi all,

I have several emails that I wanted to reply, and I did click "reply" and
then wrote something, but I did not have time to finish...

then I click on "save", and in the evening, I closed the outlook because I
slept...

now I reopen the outlook in the morning, and I want to find my saved
unfinished replies that I was writing...

But where to find them?

I have a "draft" folder, but those saved emails do not seem to be in this
folder... wherelse could they go?

This is annoying... is there a way to automatically save all unfinished
emails that are backlogged and later when I open Outlook they pop up
automatically, as a reminder?

I have to shut down the computer and sleep, right?

I have tried hibernation/standby, due to some weird reasons, the PC
automatically wakes up during mid-night... and make sounds, which is very
annoying...

So I need a feature that in Outlook that can save yet-to-reply/backlogged
emails and later on pop them up automatically as a reminder...

thanks a lot!

they should be saved to drafts, especially if you clicked save. If you
opened the message from another app, using the File, Send menu, they would
be in the inbox.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"networm" <networm8848@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have several emails that I wanted to reply, and I did click "reply" and
> then wrote something, but I did not have time to finish...
>
> then I click on "save", and in the evening, I closed the outlook because I
> slept...
>
> now I reopen the outlook in the morning, and I want to find my saved
> unfinished replies that I was writing...
>
> But where to find them?
>
> I have a "draft" folder, but those saved emails do not seem to be in this
> folder... wherelse could they go?

> This is annoying... is there a way to automatically save all unfinished
> emails that are backlogged and later when I open Outlook they pop up
> automatically, as a reminder?
>
> I have to shut down the computer and sleep, right?
>
> I have tried hibernation/standby, due to some weird reasons, the PC
> automatically wakes up during mid-night... and make sounds, which is very
> annoying...
>
> So I need a feature that in Outlook that can save yet-to-reply/backlogged
> emails and later on pop them up automatically as a reminder...
>
> thanks a lot!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/15/2006 5:37:58 AM
no I could not find them in the drafts folder now...

what's the problem?

> they should be saved to drafts, especially if you clicked save. If you
> opened the message from another app, using the File, Send menu, they would
> be in the inbox.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "networm" <networm8848@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have several emails that I wanted to reply, and I did click "reply" and
>> then wrote something, but I did not have time to finish...
>>
>> then I click on "save", and in the evening, I closed the outlook because
>> I slept...
>>
>> now I reopen the outlook in the morning, and I want to find my saved
>> unfinished replies that I was writing...
>>
>> But where to find them?
>>
>> I have a "draft" folder, but those saved emails do not seem to be in this
>> folder... wherelse could they go?

>> This is annoying... is there a way to automatically save all unfinished
>> emails that are backlogged and later when I open Outlook they pop up
>> automatically, as a reminder?
>>
>> I have to shut down the computer and sleep, right?
>>
>> I have tried hibernation/standby, due to some weird reasons, the PC
>> automatically wakes up during mid-night... and make sounds, which is very
>> annoying...
>>
>> So I need a feature that in Outlook that can save yet-to-reply/backlogged
>> emails and later on pop them up automatically as a reminder...
>>
>> thanks a lot!

Have you looked into you outbox, I have had them saved there for some
reason or another at times. If the message is there and you feel
uncomfortable about it, do what I did and just move that puppy on over
to the Drafts. Don't do what I did and forget that it's there in Drafts
though as I tried to find the email that I recently sent to the Drafts,
I found one email that I missed finishing to send to my Dad for the
idea that he could Machine embroidery the Hogwarts patch for his
Grandchildren for Christmas and I would knit some Harry Potter Scarves
for them. *sigh*

Are you using a view that hides some messages? Are you using more than one
copy of outlook? What type of email account is in your profile? is outlook
closing properly or does it crash when you exit?

--

> no I could not find them in the drafts folder now...
>
> what's the problem?
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> they should be saved to drafts, especially if you clicked save. If you
>> opened the message from another app, using the File, Send menu, they
>> would be in the inbox.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "networm" <networm8848@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have several emails that I wanted to reply, and I did click "reply"
>>> and then wrote something, but I did not have time to finish...
>>>
>>> then I click on "save", and in the evening, I closed the outlook because
>>> I slept...
>>>
>>> now I reopen the outlook in the morning, and I want to find my saved
>>> unfinished replies that I was writing...
>>>
>>> But where to find them?
>>>
>>> I have a "draft" folder, but those saved emails do not seem to be in
>>> this folder... wherelse could they go?

>>> This is annoying... is there a way to automatically save all unfinished
>>> emails that are backlogged and later when I open Outlook they pop up
>>> automatically, as a reminder?
>>>
>>> I have to shut down the computer and sleep, right?
>>>
>>> I have tried hibernation/standby, due to some weird reasons, the PC
>>> automatically wakes up during mid-night... and make sounds, which is
>>> very annoying...
>>>
>>> So I need a feature that in Outlook that can save
>>> yet-to-reply/backlogged emails and later on pop them up automatically as
>>> a reminder...
>>>
>>> thanks a lot!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/15/2006 2:05:07 PM
Secon thought, did you maybe click on file and then save? if so I
believe this defaults to your documents in Outlook.

I hope this helps.

Do Not Allow Email Option
It seems that if you have the email option set to “Do Not Allow”, then you cannot send an email to the contact from CRM. Does anyone know how to turn off this code? I do not think it can be done and in the meantime I have offered the following option to the client… Option 1 – Have all users send the email from Outlook itself, I recommend this option as it offer a more robust email tool than the CRM Email window. Option 2 – Expose the field again and allow the users to change it as needed Option 3 – Set all contact to email = Allow/Yes …. Any insight is extremely appreciated. ...

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

i cannot send or recieve emails
hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of "send/recieve progress" comes up and says there is a error "shawnte78" <shawnte78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D04ABED-810E-40B5-A6F5-7AF3F5834111@microsoft.com... > hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of > "send/recieve > progress" comes up and says there is a error In order for anyone to help you, you'll need to provide quite a bit more information about your problem. For starters... 1. Type of account you have configured. POP3,...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

External emails sitting in outbox
Good morning, I've got a really strange issue that I can't get to the bottom of. Basically if I send an external email it will sit in the outbox and not go anywhere, however if I then send another external email it's sent no problem, but the first still sits in the outbox. If I delete the email from the outbox and send another one it just sits in the outbox. Any help would be great. Cheers, Dylan. I've checked the submission queue and it doesn't even look like email is making it that far. "Dylan" wrote: > Good morning, I've got a re...

Saving Images

Unable to type email response in outlook emails
I am unable to type in an email response in outlook. When I begin typing I get very small., small letters and the body of the original email is in the new response screen as very tiny letters and therefor not allowing me to type. Any suggestions? Thanks! Check your zoom settings. See; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "sunnynaz...

Duplicate email ID
Hi I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same smtp email add Please Guide Regards Kartik Kartik <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is >found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is >there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same >smtp email add >Please Gu...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

can't send emails; get the following....
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkmorg@verizon.net'. Subject 'registration ', Account: 'rkmorg@verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Email Profile Deleted
One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and back on. At that point he launched Outllook but it failed open becuase it could not find his Outllok Profile. The profile was deleted. Anyone see this before or have possible ideas why this would happen? Sean In news:%23la4VVRXHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, SD <smd6169@hotmail.com> typed: > One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according > to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and > back on....

Save to unProtect a Document?

Lost Emails in Outlook when installing XP :(
I installed Windows XP Home over the top of Windows 98 and once installed, it wouldn't let me run Outlook 2000 anymore. I reinstalled Outlook and now all my contacts, emails, you name it are gone. Is there any way to recover this data? Thanks in advance! Ick. I despise in place upgrades of operating systems. Never a good idea. Most likely the upgrade moved your Outlook data source (*.pst file) without telling Outlook where to find it. Now it's up to you to find it. Search your hard drive for *.pst. Open each in Outlook until your find you data. Note that these are now hidden fi...

Save csv format to dbf format

Emails stuck Outbox even though Sent
I am in a situation where whenever I try send an email over 1MB in size it will stick in my outbox and not move to my sent items even when it has been sent. The result is that outlook continues to try and send the email resulting in the recipient receiving multiple copies of the email I am trying to send without me ever knowing it has been sent in the first place. Anyone know what the cause of this is or how to fix it?? sounds like a virus run AVG anti virus from www.grisoft.com Sunbeam: Tell me more about this AVG. I need it at the office on a 4 computer network system. Looks like...

email storage
I rarely want to save an email. When I do, I drag it into the "drafts" folder. Meanwhile, Vista is saving every email I have received since I bought this computer and went online. Why? I don't want them. I delete them after reading every day, even using the "shift-delete" permanent(?) method. Yet all the emails are stored in some "indexed location", taking up space. Does anyone know how to stop this constant storage by Vista? I have tried to delete the old emails but they never go away. Help, please...Bill Walsh Tools | Options | Advanced | Ma...