When doing a mail/merge from word it shows my outlook contact folder as empty. Why?

I'm using Office 2003 on XP Home. I was in word and said I wanted to
do a mail/merge on a particular outlook contact folder. The folder
shows up on the selection list of folders but when I click on it it
shows no contacts in the list. This feature works fine with other
outlook contact folders but just not with this one. Any
help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don
0
don7027 (2)

Most likely the Folder that appears in that list is an outdated reference
and not the one that points to your current Contacts Folder. Remove it. Make
sure the Folder you want to appear is enabled as an email address book in
its properties and has been added to your Outlook Address Book Service.
Read the instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Don" <don@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm using Office 2003 on XP Home. I was in word and said I wanted to
> do a mail/merge on a particular outlook contact folder. The folder
> shows up on the selection list of folders but when I click on it it
> shows no contacts in the list. This feature works fine with other
> outlook contact folders but just not with this one. Any
> help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Don

0
russval1 (2100)
9/27/2005 8:50:48 PM
That fixed it. You're sort of on a hero status now. Thank you so much.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:50:48 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
<russval@gmail.com> wrote:

>Most likely the Folder that appears in that list is an outdated reference
>and not the one that points to your current Contacts Folder. Remove it. Make
>sure the Folder you want to appear is enabled as an email address book in
>its properties and has been added to your Outlook Address Book Service.
>Read the instructions:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

0
don7027 (2)

Way to get Word to go back to 100% zoom when maximized
I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can view another doc on the other side of the screen). When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at 75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset the zoom setting, when a document is maximized? I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm just wondering if this can be done. :) BTW--I'm on Word 2003 i...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

In Word 2007 why is a preview not avaiable for My Templates?
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 - In that software there was a place to save a preview of my created templates. These old templates from Office 2003 came over to Office 2007 and I can preview them. I can find no place in Word 2007 to save previews for my new templates - so no preview is available for my newly created templates. Where is this facility located? There is still a "Save preview picture" check box on the Summary tab of the file Properties, which you must access via Office Button | Prepare | Properties | Document Properties | Advanced Properties. You can s...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

.snp Sent via Access-to-Outlook Automatic
W/ a filename of Sales030408_030908.snp - is NOT opening. What am I doing wrong? TIA - Bob Hi Bob, My guess is that you are not doing anything wrong. It may be that some setting is not correct in your registry to allow Outlook and Snapview.exe to work together correctly. Are you able to open the .snp file if you first save it from the e-mail message to some folder on your hard drive? Have you tried a different .snp file, just to rule out possible corruption in the Sales030408_030908.snp file? Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.q...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Automatic Receipt of email when Outlook is opened
I am having to select Send/Receive to get email and I think there is a way for email to automatically come into Outlook from the server without that selection. This is a home computer running XP Pro on a Cable Modem. It is possible to set this up. Here is a link to an article that should walk you through the steps to make this happen, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829168. I hope this helps resolve your issue. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ------------------...

Show a named range within a label (not VBA)
I have a sheet that has a column value which states "Expenses in working currency". I would like to have it say "Expenses in USD" or "Expenses in MXP" (whatever the currency is). I have a named range in another sheet, ProjectInformation, that holds the working currency value. Not in VBA, but in the sheet I need to say something like: ="Expenses in" & (ProjectInformation!C9) but this gives me an error. Help, please. Thanks. Rick If I understand your set up correctly, try it this way... ="Expenses in "&Proje...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

A 2 line text showing up in the Cell in Excel prints in 1 line
When I type in text in a Cell in Excel, and wrap it, it fits in 2 lines. When I print it, it prints in one line, leaving the other line as blank space. I could not figure out what is the problem. This also happens for 3 or more lines....when it prints in one line lesser than what it shows up in the Cell on the computer It wraps, right, it wraps over the viewport, in this case, the screen, now, the printer is another viewport, a hard-wrap and a soft-wrap are not the same and the printer uses different stdout, so, as the other fella said, use alt-Enter to put a hard-wrap, or, an act...

Show formulas instead of results
I am trying to have the actual formulas show up on my spreadsheet, instead of the results. I think I have done it before, but I can't remember now. Thank you Tools>Options>View, check Formulas -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Hippopotamus" <Hippopotamus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4248D92C-72E8-462D-B68C-71B3052E40DC@microsoft.com... >I am trying to have the actual formulas show up on my spreadsheet, instead >of > the results. I think I have done it before, but I can't remember now. > > Thank you goto tools and option...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

Outlook and disappearing Calendar Events
I work for a large company with 30,000 users on Microsoft Outlook. Some of us have Outlook 2003 while others are still using Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2000. All of the groups in our company seem to have this same problem. As an example, if a calendar event is sent to 30 users and accepted, everything is fine. If that same calendar event is updated by the originator, some but not all users have problems with that event. In some cases the calendar event disappears or cannot be opened or saved while in others the object can't be found. Does this sound like an Exchange error or an en...