when closing outlook favourite files disappear

When I create a favourite file by right clicking it creates ok and appears in
 the favouites section.
After closing and reopening outlook the file disappears from the favourites
section
0
ceh (1)

Bummer!

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

"ceh" <ceh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a favourite file by right clicking it creates ok and appears
> in
> the favouites section.
> After closing and reopening outlook the file disappears from the
> favourites
> section

0
what1299 (13)
10/25/2008 10:29:37 AM
either outlook isn't closing cleanly or the profile is corrupt.

Make sure Outlook is not listed in Task Manager, Processes tab  a few
minutes after you close it. If it is, figure out why it's running. See
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp.

if its not running, you can try deleting the XML file that stores the
favorites (start menu, run, type outlook.exe /resetnavpane) - if that
doesn't work, you'll need a new profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"ceh" <ceh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a favourite file by right clicking it creates ok and appears
> in
> the favouites section.
> After closing and reopening outlook the file disappears from the
> favourites
> section

0
outlookmvp (5838)

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

Aventail client kills Outlook 2003
It seems that whenever I install and configure the Aventail Connect client (any version), a VPN software client, my Outlook no longer sees my Exchange server either on the LAN or WAN. This is with either RPC or TCP/IP configured. Not sure if anyone has seen this or what I should do to begin troubleshooting this. There is no documentation on the web, as of yet. Please help if you can! Thanks! Have you checked with your Network Admin or the provider of the VPN software? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching go...

Using Outlook for reading newsgroups...
How do you use Outlook to read newsgroups? For some reason I can only read them with Outlook Express. Thanks Ben "Ben Fidge" <ben.fidge@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:uqnKScYoEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do you use Outlook to read newsgroups? For some reason I can only read > them with Outlook Express. > > Thanks > > Ben > > That's correct. Outlook doesn't "do" newsgroups. OE does. > -----Original Message----- > From: Ben Fidge [mailto:ben.fidge@btopenworld.com] > Posted At: 23 September 2004 16:59 ...

e-mails not viewable in Outlook
I have run scanpst against my pst file and it has not found any errors. It states that I have 18 folders and 1800 items though I can't see any of them in Outlook. Any further ideas. >-----Original Message----- >Make a backup of your .PST file, then try running the Inbox Repair Tool >against it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file >called scanpst.exe and run it. > >-- >Jocelyn Fiorello >MVP - Outlook > >*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- >please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the...

How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox
Hi, I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO message box. Can anybody tell me how to do this. Klic. "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186120969.045121.287770@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO > message box. > Can anybody tell me how to do this. Why? If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is equivalent to cancel. That would be more standard. Da...

oUTLOOK 2002 #96
I recently added Norton Internet Security and now my outlook freezes after a few actions, i can open a few emails or send some but after a short while i get the dreaded "not responding". i tried uninstalling internet security but outlook still didn't work. i also fixed the pst file with the microsoft utility (it found errors, then said it wasn't responmding and then said it had fixed the file but outlook continues to crash. any ideas ...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Outlook Out of Office
Out of Office assistant automagically set as out based off my calendar? Or out of office set automatically for people who work Mon - Thurs and are gone Fri Sat Sun, so they don't have to remember. ...

running express and Outlook at the same time
I setup Outlook Express without any errors. I installed and setup Outlook and everything works for awhile then I get the error message "SMTP server refused connection", anyone seen this before? If I never setup express I don't have any problems, when I run both express and outlook I have the problem. This has happened to me on several computers. What versions? Outlook requires Outlook Express for news groups and HTML rendering. It has always worked together fine in all versions for me. What application is showing that error, Outlook or OE? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

download file WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-Express-x86-ENU.exe incomplet
Windows update states 66MB file to download but the download through the update process ends up with only less than 3MB and update install fails. I tried dozens of times but always with same failure. Anybody faces the same issue? Any solution or known work around? Thanks Give this a try and see if it solves the problem................ <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718> "Laurent" wrote: > Windows update states 66MB file to download but the download through the > update process ends up with only less than 3MB and update install fails. > I ...

Outlook closes and closes
Hi I have a strange bug. Windows XP Sp2 and outlook from office 20003 with all service packs applied. When I start outlook from windows out of standby postion, outlook immediately after the splash screen closes without reporting any errors in the eventlog or in any other log. If I start outlook the 10th time (or so) it stabilizes and does not close anymore and everything works again. info: My machine is fully patched and I am well known with keeping things healthy. Outlook.exe Version: 11.0.6353.0 Any ideas what to do? Thanks... try the detect and repair in the help menu. >----...

closing
What's the best way to close for the day? Making a backup is a given, but what about the computer? Is it better to shut everything off every day, or is it less wear and tear on the computer to leave it on all the time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Craig That's a matter of preference really. Personally I always turn off my rigs at home when I'm done with them. At the store we leave most of ours on 24/7. We've done it for years with no issues. Our register must be left on as it does automatic backups to a tape drive every night. I'd set your monitors ...

Outlook Web Access #9
Hi, I'm running 2 Exchange 5.5 servers, one on a W2k box, one on a NT4 box. I just installed OWA onto a third server, which is W2k, and is running IIS. I only installed OWA, nothing else. I upgraded it to SP4, same as the 2 mail servers. Question is - where do I go from here?! I can't see anywhere on the IIS server to configure. Should I have installed Exchange admin onto the server as well as OWA? Is the configuration and set up done at the email server? Thanks in advance Steve http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234805 On Wed, 19 May 2004 00:17:04 +010...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

Outlook error message #29
Messages on the outbox are sent, but not moved to the sent folder. Error # 0x8004060C appears. Thanks, Sam ...

Outlook rule based on secondary SMTP address?
Hello I am trying to create outlook rules (server side (exchange 2000)) based on the recipients secondary SMTP-Address, so when a mail is recieved on this address the rule should move it to a specified folder in the mailbox (no PST). This does not seem to work very well, because Outlook will resolve the name of the recipient and will not keep the secondary SMTP-Address that I try to enter in the rule. I have tried to change the settings in Outlook so that it should not resolve the name, but with no luck. It still resolves the name. (maybe this is because it is a server based rule?) ...

Outlook shutsdown at Startup
Don't know if anyone has run into this, but I can't find anything on the website for the error I'm having. App Name:Outlook.exe AppVer:12.0.4515.1014 ModName:ntdll.dll Mod Vers:5.1.2600.5755 Offset:00063f63 I have completely removed Office 2003 and 2007 from my computer. Downloaded a trial version from Microsoft of Office 2007 and it still has this same error. Outlook boots up, then within 15 seconds pops up the above error information. Will not start in safe mode, when outlook attempts to detect problems, still will not open. Any suggestions would be we...

Connecting Outlook 2003 to MSN Mail via Outlook Connector
OK, here's your chance to get as totally frustrated as I am. I am trying to connect Outlook 2003 (just installed Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office) to my MSN9 Mail Account (dialup). Running on Windows XP (SP2). I have tried everything: I have removed and reloaded Microsoft Office. I have removed and downloaded The latest version of the Outlook Connector. I have removed and added email accounts, over and over and over. It seems that the first time I try to startup the Outlook Connector (after the download); it tries to add a new email account, but gets a fatal error in the modul...

Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity
I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season cards sent. The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for future reference. What else do I need to do to close out all of activites rather than 1 at a time? Here is the workflow rule if that helps: if Contact.holidaycardlist = 1 then Letter: Send Holiday Card endif -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

Open file already open by other user
I have asked some of it already and I thought I had the answer but not really. I have a macro where I open a file that can be access by others.... If the file is already open by other user it asked me if I want to be notified or cancel but I do not want it to do it... I did try on error resume next open file... but it actually tell me file is open by others so it does not resume next... I need to open as read only without being told when it is already open by others or open as write if not being used by others... I did try the wb.ReadOnly but it will be useful only afte...

Disappearing toolbar buttons
I tried to customize my toolbars, but some of the buttons dissappear. Example: I added the button for "Horizontal in Vertical" text formatting. (This command seems not to be available from the format menu.) I appears on the toolbar until I close customization, then it dissappears. When I open Visio it's there, but as soon as I click "new drawing" or open an existing drawing, it dissappears again. What's up?? -- Barry Milliken Some text-related buttons are only available in certain locales. Try going to Tools > Options > Regional and set the optio...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

Data file not closed properly #3
I saw several post regarding this, but none had any answers, so I starting a new post. There is also nothing in the KB about this. Since othe people are having the same problem Microsoft should take a look at it. I get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly" every time I close Outlook 2003. It runs a quick check/fix and starts up fine. I am running XP pro w/ SP-2. Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1 All patches and updates are current. My notebook was just rebuilt for so I could get a clean slate for the office 2003 install, (reformat drive and new ins...

outlook 2000 logons
Can outlook 2000 be used with more than one user? I am using WinXp home and IE7. We all have different logons. -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com Yes.=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Doug asked: | Can outlook 2000 be used with more than one user? I am using WinXp | ho...