What template does word use when creating emails for Outlook 2003

I want to be able to edit the .dot file that word uses to control the
formatting when sending emails in Outlook 2003.  What is it called and where
can I find it please?

Thanks

rfc

0
rfc

rfc <rfc at richardcooke.co.uk> wrote:

> I want to be able to edit the .dot file that word uses to control the
> formatting when sending emails in Outlook 2003.  What is it called
> and where can I find it please?

My testing indicates that Outlook 2003 using Word for the editor uses
Normal.dot for the template.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/9/2006 2:11:04 AM
Thank you, I know at least in part this is correct.  What would be very good
is to know which on controls the format when you REPLY to an email

rdc

> rfc <rfc at richardcooke.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I want to be able to edit the .dot file that word uses to control the
>> formatting when sending emails in Outlook 2003.  What is it called
>> and where can I find it please?
>
> My testing indicates that Outlook 2003 using Word for the editor uses
> Normal.dot for the template.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
rdc
11/23/2007 10:19:11 PM
rdc <rdc at richardcooke.co.uk> wrote:

> Thank you, I know at least in part this is correct.  What would be
> very good is to know which on controls the format when you REPLY to
> an email

The format of the message to which you are replying controls the format of
the reply.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Tab won't indent when using Word outline
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br> A couple months ago, my tab button stopped indenting in Word when I use an outline and want to go from a &quot;I.&quot; to &quot;a.&quot; for example. I've dealt with just clicking on the &quot;indent&quot; button on the formatting palatte, but it is just getting way too frustrating to do. Any ideas on what happened (&quot;tab&quot; and &quot;shift-tab&quot; was working fine when I first got the computer) and also how to correct it. Thanks. (step-by-step point and click directions ...

Question about spammers users using SMTP
All, First, I'd like to apologize, I know almost nothing about Exchange. But our office has the following problem 1) We have a relatively old exchange version, installed on Win NT about 4-5 years ago. (I know we need to upgrade, but that a sep issue) 2) We used to be an independant company, and when we were bought by our parent company, we kept the exchange server, b/c a lot of customer service emails go to folders on it and need to be accessible easily locally, plus the corporate mail hasn't been as stable. 3) The spam problem was increasingly becoming a problem, so we changed origi...

Print template on a 42 cm * 28 cm paper
I would like to print a template on a big size paper 42 cm * 28 cm with my printer (manual tray), so that the template fits the size of that paper. It appears much to small now when I print it, I would like the size of the template to adjust to the size of the page. Thank you. ...

Excel 2003 vsto 2005 vb.net
Hello, I have an add-in that works well and executes the me.startup event perfectly when Excel is started manually. If Excel is started by double clicking an .xls file, the add-in fails to start and becomes disabled. The xls file then loads. I can re-enable the add-in and it executes me.starup fine. I found that when I strip much code back in me.startup the add-in can start sucessfully when double clicking an .xls file to open Excel. There does not appear to be any 'offending code' that causes the problem, it appears to be more along the line of timing. Thank...

Office 2007 reconfigures each time I start Word
How do I fix this? It takes a long time to reconfigure. If you are running Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Dixon" <Dixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3E7FFD3-E657-4D75-A740-C8C5177126EF@microsoft.com... > How do I fix this? It takes a long time to reconfigure. ...

Problems receiving email through a network
I have 2 computers on a network, both running win xp pro. I have just set the client pc up to send and receive emails through outlook xp, but it won't work. I can browse the internet fine on the client pc, and everything else is working, I just can't log onto the pop & smtp servers through it. Reported error is: (0x80042108) Any ideas would be very much appreciated :) Thanks ...

Is there a template to create a template?
Just wondering! Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Just wondering! > > Mike Oh Mike, hahaha there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... You don't use a macro to make a cake. First you need a box of scratch............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message news:HA1Rg.1220$o71.814@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Mike Koewler wrote: >> Just wondering! >> >> Mike > > Oh Mike, hahaha > > there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... > I ...

NNTP Headers and OutLook Express 6
What is happening with the standards? RFC 1036 states that Dates must follow this format: "EEE, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss Z" And OutLook Express 6 when the day of month has just one digit, doesn't add 0 so it uses: "EEE, d MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss Z". RFC 1036 states that From must follow one of these formats: From: mark@cbosgd.ATT.COM From: mark@cbosgd.ATT.COM (Mark Horton) From: Mark Horton <mark@cbosgd.ATT.COM> And OutLook Express 6 uses "" like this: From: "Mark Horton" <mark@cbosgd.ATT.COM> And also, how do you ...

Test creating a new message via Outlook Express
I just want to use this as a test message. I just set up Outlook Express to view the messages shown in ExcelTip's forum. I want to see whether this message being created in Outlook Express appears in the forum. Ah, good. It's here, on the web. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might want to test to: microsoft.public.test.here It saves clutter and IIRC, you'll even get a message back saying it was posted. (But it's been a real long time since I've used that group.) David DeRolph wrote: > > I just want to use this as a test message. ...

viewing users emails
Hello i am admin of exchange 2k and i want to know how i can viewing users email from exchange or when a user send or recieve a email a copy of them forward to admin? thanks Use the archiving feature in exchange. You can set archiving to send all emails to one account, under the mailbox policy setting. Then I reccomend you make the account a pop3 account, so that it will not overload your exchange server with extra data. "kiarash" wrote: > Hello > i am admin of exchange 2k > and i want to know how i can viewing users email from exchange or when a > user send or rec...

calendar templates
I imported a calendar which I want to change every month but keep the same text for each day of the week. When I changed the margins to make the calendar wider I cannot get back into the calendar portion to make the changes for the month and move the dates over accordingly. Can I change the margins or create a new template on my own and make it work. If so, how do I go about doing this. Publisher 2007 is what I am now using Thank you What template? From the Office site? Changing the margins shouldn't affect the way you input your data. Have you applied a border...

Sending email with a set subject from a specific mailbox
Hi, Thanks a lot in advance for reading and any sort of help on this. I have several mailboxs in outlook and when I send an email I set the "From" field to one of these mailboxes. For a particular one of these mailboxes, I have to make sure the subject line contains this text: "Category/Cat=E9gorie : PROTECTED A/PROT=C9G=C9 A" for all new and reply messages for that particular mailbox. Is there anyway to check for this (rules/macro/any other way) and if it is not there add it to the subject line before sending it out? Any help or direction is highly appreciated. Thanks,...

Can't Send Mail in Outlook 2003
I've been working on this problem for many hours. At first, I thought the cause of me not being able to send mail was because of ZoneAlarm. After uninstalling and reinstalling ZoneAlarm, there's no luck in me getting my Outlook 2003 to send mail. I did re-create profiles from the Control Panel > Mail for Outlook 2003. The problem occurs when I'm testing the settings of the account. It's unable to send a test email to the account. All of the settings such as server name and passwords are correct. Is this a Outlook 2003 issue of some kind? The reason I state that quest...

How do I link worksheet data in a Word file and have the links be.
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into a worksheet and then used paste link features to display data updates in the Excel file in the Word document that is in the worksheet. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel file into the inserted Word file in that Excel file automatically update and be independent of the Excel filename. Problem is I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the Excel file and then when I rename the Excel file the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. Right now there are &q...

How to modify templates and keep them templates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there an easy way to edit a template and resave it as a template without having to rename it or remember the exact name it had. I keep getting multiple versions of the same template each time I change it. You can open the template file using the File>Open menu. That way, Word will open the file as a template (as opposed to a new document based on that template), and when you save any modifications you have made, they will be saved to the template file itself. By the way, Word 2008 stores templates in ~/Library...

Unread email count
I am using Outlook 2002 SP3 to access my IMAP email account. The Folder List however does not show how many unread emails I have in each of my IMAP folders (I use Rules to sort messages) until I acually click on the folder. This is also true for my IMAP inbox. How can I change this behaviour? Many thanks for any help, Simon ...

DPM issue when use remote Name instace of SQLon diferent port
Hi all I just want to install SCDPM on one server, all prerequisites pass fine, I'm use a remote instance of SQL 2005 My SQL server have two instances: * MSSQLSERVER (default) SQL server 2008 port 1433 *MSSQL05 SQL Server 2005 port 1466 I'm use servername\MSSQL05 and correct user-password-Domain or servername\MSSQL05:1466 and get the following errors: "DPM Setup is unable to conect to the specified instance of SQL server. (ID 4307) Verify that the spesified computer and the instance of SQL server meets the followings requierements: 1)The computer is acc...

How do I reformat existing line lengths in Word 2007?
Let's say I have a Word 2007 line length of 7 inches in my document. When I cut/paste some email plain text into the document, it arrives with a line length of 4 inches and odd line breaks. How do I "reformat" or "retab" or "flow" the pasted text en masse so that it "knows" that it should fill each line to 7 inches before breaking to the next? Doing it manually takes forever. Thanks! See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<...

banding the print output using MFC
Does anyone have any example code for banding the print output using the MFC framework Any help given will be much apprecaited Best regards Phil Cunningham What's banding? AliR. "phil" <phil@oakleafsoftware.co.nospam> wrote in message news:eRPycelWFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any example code for banding the print output using the MFC > framework > > Any help given will be much apprecaited > > Best regards > Phil Cunningham > > printing large complex drawings (mainly bitmaps) in sections rather than one big hit ...

Calling Workflow using onchange, onload or onsave
Can workflow be called using onchange, onload or onsave? I would like to update the accoutn record when a bit field is selected on one of the contacts (parent to the account). Thanks James A better approach would be to have a callout created that would be triggered when when the contact is saved. The callout would check that particular field and update the parent account accordingly. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "JamesE" <JamesE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B13630D9-C6FD-4A41-9BDC-4316...

I m looking for design templates for the oil field
I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware try http://www.flair-infomatics.co.uk/downloads.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A9F42D-391C-445A-BB45-5A9790597706@microsoft.com... >I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware ...

Export Outlook Contacts Into Outlook Express
How do you go about exporting Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express? Thanks, BTJustice File | Import and Export Export to a file Comma Separated Values (Windows) Select the Contacts folder Name the file Finish the Wizard. Now from OE: File | Import | Other Address Book | Text File (Comma Separated Values) Select the csv file and finish up the Wizard. "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message news:2tjljvF21d9k1U1@uni-berlin.de... > How do you go about exporting Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express? > > Thanks, > BTJustice > > Do you wan...

word #6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel how do i turn off the auto correct feature, specifically the feature that changes the font of new/edited text I'm afraid there is no AutoCorrect feature that does what you describe. Rather than replying to an expired 6 week old thread on a totally unrelated matter how about posting a New message? Please include exact version information for OS X & Office along with a more complete description of exactly what is happening as opposed to what you expect. Is it a specific document, all documents, new documents only? ...

I need a DVD case template
I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? Might modify one of these http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=dvd&sc=4&av=ZPB Try Neato or Avery for templates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpee" <Helpee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D09FCCDF-4C85-4CFA-AA5B-D87184C54A87@microsoft.com... >I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? ...

xml transform using c#
i have a method which is return xml from a dataset. can someone please post some example code of how i can transform this xml using an xsl stylesheet? i am only interested in the c# part of the code, not the xsl. please note that my xml is coming from a method, not from a xml file. thanks. What is it returning from the method? A string, a stream, and XmlDocument, and XmlNode, an XmlReader? Supposing that the method returns a string: string xml = MyMethod(); System.IO.StringReader reader = newStringReader(xml); System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument doc = new XPathDocument(reader); System.Xm...