What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?

Hello,

When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems
with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I
want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that
Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my
provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change
any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are
good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but
the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a
connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my
provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must
remove all the Norton programs and firewall's and I must
remove Office 2003. After that, I must reinstall Office.
The result is still the same, no connection with the
mailserver of my provider.
When I remove Office 2003, there are many files that still
on my computer. When I reinstalled Office, I can see the
mails and settings of my previous installation(s), so I
can not start with a "clean" installation of Office 2003.
Are there people who can help me and give me some tips to
solve this problem? How could I remove Office complete and
what can be the troubles with the connection with the
mailserver of my provider?

I'm desperate, many thanks to the people who can help me!

vj

AMD64, 3200+, 2* 512 MB Ram, Asus K8V-deluxe, Windows XP
Professional
0
anonymous (74721)

Saving 2003 up to 2007 ?
I just read the post about compressing a workbook, and thought I'd try it, and discovered that my work 2003 allows saving as 2007. ( I have 07 at home, and 03 at work.) How does that work out ? Regarding some of the 07 stuff that isn't available in 3, like sumifs. Or is it ? Thanks, Steve If you're going to use files under both 2003 and 2007, stick with 2003 worksheet functions, which means not using SUMIFS() and other new commands added if you do development/design in 2007. They're not going to work in 2003. You're probably best off with those w...

Setting up Outlook from the beginning.
I'm a little confused about outlook setup, I've only just worked in outlook through my employer and have never had to set up outlook at home and use it, I've always just used yahoo. Now for my business at home I want to use Outlook for my email and organize reminders and schedules etc, however I don't understand how you end up w/ an email address in outlook, like I said before mine through my work was always my name@the name of my employer.com. Then I was told outlook could link to my yahoo email address but that I also do not know how to do. Can anyone give me advice...

CRM for Outlook Contacts
Our sales team gets contacts from their clients via .vcf files, Plaxo, Spoke, etc. These all end up being standard Outlook Contacts. Converting them to CRM contacts is not easy. I have tried some utilities that change the message class, but it's hard ot explain that process to a sales professional. Is there a way to promote a contact to CRM??? V2 maybe? I would very much like to do this as well. Does anyone know if this capability will be in the next version? I've heard it was delayed until the fourth quarter. "Dave Finlay" wrote: > Our sales team gets con...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Virus attacking Outlook
You gotta love the kids for making these pesky viruses and worms. Wish I was that smart... I have the latest updates and definitions from Norton, and it seems to be doing good. my Outlook 2000 is recieving every email, and norton deletes or captures each virus as it comes in. What I want to know is, how do I set up some type of filter, blocking out common words in the subject, or block senders?? I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how. Can anyone help? Please? On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:25:48 -0800, "Rightmer" <Rightmer@hotmail.com> wrote: >You gotta love...

IMAP and outlook 2000/XP/2003
I have set up a small network.. witha windows 2000 Pro computer acting as a server with an IMAP email ser running on it. i am recieveing a problem with any outlook client 2000-2003. the clients keep timing out, and hanging. with outlook express there is no problem.... i am aware this is a know issue.. but is there a fix? jack benson ...

Autocorrect 2003 converted to 2007
Can someone tell me how to convert my Word 2003 autocorrect files to Word 2007? I have tried copying my MSO1033.acl to the building blocks/1033 folder, but when I click on quick parts, it throws up a dialog box with garbage in it. I have read through many of the messages, but they appear to be discussing moving from 2003 to 2003 or 2007 to 2007. Thanks for any help. You shouldn't have to do anything. If you're trying to move from one machine to another, just copy the file to the equivalent place it came from - the actual path varies according to Windows version, b...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Restrict method question on email. What am I doing wrong?
I'm not getting a subroutine to return the correct counts based on using the Restrict method. Is it because I am passing the wrong date format? If I pass a comparison: Received >= Date1 And < Date2, I get all recs greater/equal date1. If I only want records for Date1, I get 0 records. Received = Date1 If I want all records >=1 date, I get correct count. Received >= Date1 Below I show the call to the subroutine and by routine. Any clue what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any advice. RestrictItems _ "00000000F01460E0716E454B8398DD735E95C4CA8280000...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

publisher 2003 #34
I have just installed Publisher 2003 ,we also have in use microsoft Office student /teacher edition.I have just created a file & saved in publisher from a template & Publisher says it cannot open the file .Why??It is a genuine microsoft program bought from pc world yesterday.In the open file table we are unable to open any of the displayed files!Before closing down we printed a copy of the new publication! Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ...

outlook configuration document?
Hey there, Has anyone seen a document that contains all of the configuration settings for Outlook 2003? I know that I can see them in the Custom Installation Wizard from the resource kit. I'm looking for something like a check list I guess. Something that we can go over in a meeting and decide how we want to configure an installation. Thanks, mrchesnutt at gmail dot com I just published a book that contains all the group policy and CIW = settings through SP1, plus some other commonly used settings, in = appendices that allow plenty of room for scribbling. See my signature = below.=20...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Outlook XP (2002) security features + Exchange 2003 Server
Hi! We have tried to change Exchange security settings (Level1 attachments, scripting etc.) with ORKTOOLS Adminpack for OLK 2002/2003. It seems that this method does not work with Exchange Server 2003. Security settings do not replicate to the Outlook client. Has anyone tried the same in the same environment and succeeded? Should it work??!? Or are there other toolpacks to work with Exchange 2003?? Can't find anything from knowledgebase. thanks -wekku- ...

Do I need to reinstall Outlook?
I have a problem with Outlook. I have a MSN account so I also have Outlook Connector. A week ago I had a problem with my email. All my past email was no longer there just empty folders. I went to Microsoft Discussion Group and ask how to recover my old emails, but never got a reply. If I went to Windows Live and look at the emails they were all still there. After a few days I decided to try something, I removed my MSN account then reinstalled it. All my old emails are now there, but I have messed up my calendar and rules. I set up a rule, but they will not run unless I do...

payroll checks wrong
I am having a problem with the vacation/sick and holiday hours are not posting to the payroll checks correctly. The totals in the HR module are correct but when the payroll checks print the totals do not change. We are on 10.0 and I do have the "print available time on checks" button marked. Please help. Thanks Cheryl Can you spell A-D-P? Just joking. HR/Payroll in GP can be frustating. Have you synchronized HR and PR lately? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com by that do you mean reconcile? As this was a recent upgrade and I ...

outlook 2000 locking up
working on msExchange on server with win2000 prof. working on Outlook 2000 on workstations with win98. On 2 of our workstations out of the blue, they will not allow user to create a new message, forward a message, or display the entire message. It locks up their computer requiring a hard boot. Have tried a number of remedies. Ironically, the only one that worked was downgrading to Outlook 97 ...

Downloaded Dates Wrong
I have Money 2001 Standard and since the beginning of 2004 when I download data from one of my checking accounts, Money receives the data and changes the dates for my automatic bank withdrawals to June instead of January. Is this a problem with Money 2001. If so, can I upgrade from 2001 to 2004 and not lose the records I have in 2001? In microsoft.public.money, Ellen wrote: >I have Money 2001 Standard and since the beginning of 2004 >when I download data from one of my checking accounts, >Money receives the data and changes the dates for my >automatic bank withdrawals to...

how to export and import outlook calendar?
I write diaries in Calendar of MS Outlook 2000. I want to export the diaries into a file and import them into the MS Outlook 2000 in another computer. How do I do it? Any hints will be greatly appreciated! Create a new Personal Folders File (.PST file) using File | New, then copy the items you need to transfer to that new file. Close the file by right-clicking its root folder and clicking Close. Now copy that .PST file to your other machine (you may want to close Outlook before you try to copy the .PST, to prevent error messages). Once it's on the other machine, make sure it's no...

Connect via modem when Outlook is offline does not work Outlook 2002
Hi, I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am connected to a network I would like to be able to send and receive automatically. When I am not connected to the network I would like the Dial-up dialog to pop up when I click send/receive. This worked in Outlook 2000 but when I upgraded to Outlook 2002. All my settings appear correct. This was the same in the original installation and after updating to SP3. I have also made sure that IE6 is not in offline mode. I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is offline - as I have for IE6. When I click Sen...

Header & Footer Excel 2003
Does anyone know if I can do a more detailed header and footer? I have tried to do a Custom Header but it doesn't allow me to format how I need to. I wanted to use a header & footer so that information on each page of the document gets updated the same on every page (like a Word document) and I don't want to faff around using formulas as I'm new to Excel. Also, If I was able to sort this out I would still have the problem of not being able to view the header and footer without looking at Print Preview. This would be a pain. Any ideas? Thanks Julia What information ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

CANNOT START OUTLOOK #6
Out of the blue yesterday my outlook stopped working. When I try to start it I get this error: "There was a problem during installation. Restart and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall." All of my other Office programs work just fine and I have been using Outlook for months without problems. This might help: http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm Outlook doesn't start Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Televis...

Outlook internet history
Is there a way to erase the internet history like you can do in Internet Explorer? ...