What does "SMTP Authenticate" mean?

This error message was received when Outlook bounced back an email I sent,
it would be nice if they told me what SMTP Authenticate means and how to do
it.

Help please... Bob

The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each
recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <staff@thetrophyshop.com>

Reason: You must SMTP Authenticate before sending to staff@thetrophyshop.com

0
bobnewman1 (115)

Hi Bob,

have a look on this sites:

What means SMTP Authenticate?
http://www.cablecom.ch/en/smtp

How to configure Outlook SMTP Authenticate:
http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/email/smtpauth/outlook2003.html

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Bob Newmam" <bobnewman@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> This error message was received when Outlook bounced back an email I sent,
> it would be nice if they told me what SMTP Authenticate means and how to
> do it.
>
> Help please... Bob

> The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
> each recipient was rejected.
>
> Recipient: <staff@thetrophyshop.com>
>
> Reason: You must SMTP Authenticate before sending to
> staff@thetrophyshop.com

0
trash5936 (201)

What does "SMTP Authenticate" mean?
This error message was received when Outlook bounced back an email I sent, it would be nice if they told me what SMTP Authenticate means and how to do it. Help please... Bob ********************************************* The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected. Recipient: <staff@thetrophyshop.com> Reason: You must SMTP Authenticate before sending to staff@thetrophyshop.com Hi Bob, have a look on this sites: What means SMTP Authenticate? http://www.cablecom.ch/en/smtp How to configure Outlook SMTP Authenticate: http://...

550 You must SMTP Authenticate ...
Hi, Over the past week, I've been receiving an error message when sending out some emails using Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP3: 550 You must SMTP Authenticate before sending to <email address> My IPS is Roadrunner and I have Norton Internet Security 2005. I've experimented with the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" setting and the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and the problem does not get resolved. Can anyone help me understand why? Thanks, George -- minding@minding.org Hi, There are many ways of authentication, you ...

550 You must SMTP Authenticate before sending
I posted this recently and no one has yet recognized the error message. If you've received it and resolved the issue it represents, I hope you will share: It's occasional, particularly with replies; I click send and th following message instantly appears in my InBox: * 550 You must SMTP Authenticate before sending to <email address> I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP3 My IPS is Roadrunner. I have Norton Internet Security 2005 (NIS). I've removed NIS; no change. I've changed ISPs; no change. In Outlook, I've experimented with the "Log on using Secure P...