From: Outlook 2003 Team [mailto:olteam@Microsoft.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32 PM
To: New Outlook User
Subject: Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

        Thank you for using Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003! This version of
Outlook includes new capabilities designed to help you access, prioritize,
and act on communications and information so that you may use your time more
efficiently and more easily manage the ever-increasing flow of incoming
e-mail.

      To give you some idea of what is possible with Outlook 2003, we have
put together a list of our favorite new features.

        Streamlined Mail Experience - Outlook helps you read, organize,
follow-up, and find e-mail messages more efficiently than before. The new
window layout displays more information on the screen at one time, even on
smaller monitors. The list of messages has been redesigned to use space more
intelligently; as a result, you will spend less time scrolling and more time
getting your work done. Automatic grouping of your messages helps you find
and go to e-mail messages anywhere in the list more quickly than before; you
can even move or delete all messages in a group at once!

        Junk E-mail Filter - The new Junk E-mail Filter helps prevent much
of the unwanted e-mail that you receive every day. It uses state-of-the-art
technology developed by Microsoft Research to evaluate whether a message
should be treated as junk e-mail based on several factors, such as the time
it was sent and the content of the message. The filter does not single out
any particular sender or type of e-mail; it is based on the content of the
message in general and uses advanced analysis of the structure of the
message to determine the probability that it is junk e-mail. Any message
that is caught by the filter is moved to your Junk E-mail folder, where it
can be retrieved or reviewed at a later time. You can add e-mail addresses
to your Safe Senders List to ensure that messages from these senders will
never be treated as junk e-mail and block messages from certain e-mail
addresses or domain names by adding the sender to your Blocked Senders List.

        Navigation Pane - The Navigation Pane is more than a simple list of
folders: It combines the main navigation and sharing features of Outlook
into one, easy-to-use place. In Mail, you will see more mail folders than
before, and you can add your favorite folders to the top of the list. In
Calendar, you can view other people's shared calendars side-by-side with
your own Calendar. In Contacts, you will see the list of all contacts
folders you can open - whether stored on your computer or on a network
location, as well as improved ways to view your contacts. All eight of the
Outlook modules have a user interface designed to help you quickly see what
you are looking for, in the way that you like to see it.

        Reading Pane - The Reading Pane is a great place to read e-mail
messages without needing to open a separate window for each message. Like a
piece of paper, the Reading Pane is laid out vertically. This layout is
easier on your eyes and, together with the new multi-line message list,
means that you can see nearly twice as much of an e-mail message on the same
size monitor as compared to the Preview Pane in earlier versions of Outlook.

        Quick Flags - If you need to respond to an e-mail message but you
don't have the time now, you can click on the flag icon next to it to mark
it with a Quick Flag. Multiple colored flags make it easy to categorize your
messages. The folder named "For Follow Up" always contains an up-to-date
list of all Quick Flagged messages in every folder in your mailbox.

        Arrange By Conversation - If you receive many e-mail messages daily,
you could benefit from a grouping option called Arrange By Conversation.
Arrange By Conversation view shows your message list in a
conversation-oriented or "threaded" view. To help you read your e-mail
messages as quickly as possible, the Arrange By Conversation view displays
only unread and Quick Flagged messages at first. Each conversation can be
expanded further to show all messages in the conversation, including
messages you have already read. To arrange your messages this way, click
Arrange By Conversation on the View menu.

        Search Folders - Search Folders contain constantly-updated search
results of all e-mail items matching specific search criteria. You can see
all the unread e-mail messages from every folder in your mailbox in a Search
Folder named "Unread Mail." To help you reduce the size of your mailbox, the
"Large Mail" Search Folder shows you the largest mail in your mailbox,
regardless of what folder the messages are stored in. You can also create
your own Search Folders: Choose from a list of pre-defined templates or
create a search with custom criteria and save it as a Search Folder for
future use.

        Side-by-Side Calendars - You can now view multiple calendars
side-by-side inside of the Outlook Calendar window. All calendars can be
seen side-by-side: local calendars, public folder calendars, other users'
calendars, or Microsoft Windows� SharePointT Services team event lists. The
calendars are color-coded to help you tell them apart.

        Rules and Alerts - Outlook will alert you when new e-mail messages
arrive in your Inbox by displaying a subtle notification on your desktop,
even when you're using another program. You can quickly create rules to file
e-mail based on the message by selecting the message and clicking Create
Rule.

        Cached Exchange Mode - If you use Microsoft Exchange Server you no
longer have to worry about problems caused by slow or far-away networks.
Outlook can download your mailbox to your computer, reducing the need to
communicate with the e-mail server. If the network becomes unavailable,
Outlook will keep using the information it has already downloaded - and you
might not even realize the network is gone! Outlook adapts to the type of
network available, downloading more e-mail items over faster networks and
giving you more control over what is downloaded over slower networks. If you
use Outlook 2003 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, you will benefit from
a significant reduction in network traffic, helping you get to your
information faster.

     And Much More - There are many more additional improvements and new
features in Outlook 2003 that we didn't have space to describe here,
including improvements to AutoSuggest addressing, Meetings Workspaces, Live
Attachments, the resizable Address Book, Contact Pictures, Distribution List
expansion, Alerts, the Current Time Indicator, privacy and performance
enhancements, data files larger than 2 gigabytes (GB), full Unicode support,
usability improvements throughout the product, online training for Outlook
available on the Microsoft Office Online Web site, and more.

     We hope that you will find this to be the best version of Outlook yet!
To keep up with the latest information about Outlook, sign up for a free
subscription to the Inside Office Newsletter. The newsletter will be sent to
you by e-mail on a regular basis. Although it is impossible for us to answer
all of your questions personally, please feel free to follow this link or
Outlook 2003. We're always looking for feedback from the people who use
Outlook every day!

      Thank you for using Outlook!

      - The Outlook Team

0
jmar (6)

Jennifer Mar, you  wrote on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:50:29 -0400:

> I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they open
> Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing?

See if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403041033.aspx
helps.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
> Jennifer Mar, you  wrote on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:50:29 -0400:
>
> > I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they
open
> > Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing?
>
> See if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403041033.aspx
> helps.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net

0
jmar (6)
3/13/2007 5:27:32 PM
"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
>> I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they
>> open
>> Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing?
>
> See if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403041033.aspx
> helps.

I would also look at the way they are starting Outlook.  Check the
properties of the icon they are using to see if it has any startup
parameters.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/13/2007 5:27:39 PM
Hi
its simple delete the first email that shows you the preview of the default
welcome email in preview pane

Exchange Defrag/Slow message delivery
Hello all! We've been running into a minor issue that we've decided to take a look at. When someone sends an e-mail to the entire company, it can take up to 5 minutes for some recipients to receive the message. We were wondering if this had something to do with database defragmentation. I checked the Application Event logs and found that the online defragmentation for the Private Information Store has never completed. I'm seeing Event ID 704 entries stating that the Online Defragmentation was interrupted and terminated. This has been occuring every day going back to 1/...

Excel error message #3
When I try to open an Excel spreadsheet emailed to me that contains macros, the following error messages come up: 1) Could not register Visual Basic Environment. Please run setup. 2) Error occurred initializing the VBA libraries (126) I have reinstalled Microsoft Works Suite 2001 Setup, but this has not solved the above problem. I can open Excel program with no problems. THANKS! ...

Messages do not display on Outlook Express
I receive mails on using Outlook Express, but the messages do not display on the View pane when I click on them. How can I fix the problem? Thanks in advance. Hi, George - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexp...

Losing Message Body when sending email with attachment
OK, this is really strange, in my 7 yrs of being an exchange admin, i've never seen this. One of my users (and only 1!), when sending an email with an attachment SOMETIMES loses her message body. You cannot see the message body in the email sitting in the sent items and the recipient doesn't see the message body text either. I've tried upgrading her outlook client to outlook 2003 and that seemed to fix it for a while but the problem is happening again :( Has anyone seen this or have any ideas what else I could try? thanks Chris What format is she sending the mail in? ( Rich...

Office 2004 error message
I had to initialize my MacBook Pro and reinstalled everything. I am unable to use any of the Office 2004 applications because I keep getting an error message, "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library". I cannot find a way to uninstall and reinstall the office programs, and can't figure out any other way to fix this problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, since I really don't want to start all over again without knowing what is creating the problem. On 4/8/07 9:53 PM, in article 1176094437.296015.266390@y66g2000hsf.g...

Reading messages in entourage 2008 sent mail folder that were sent from iphone via exchange properly
Messages sent through the exchange server via the iphone show up in the MIME format in the entourage sent mail folder. Does anyone know what needs to be done so that these iphone sent messages are unencoded properly in the entourage sent mail folder? Thanks On 1/30/10 4:02 PM, in article C78A32C9.AAF4%jbenton@maefield.com, "Joe Benton" <jbenton@maefield.com> wrote: > Messages sent through the exchange server via the iphone show up in the MIME > format in the entourage sent mail folder. Does anyone know what needs to be > done so that these iphone sent...

Outlook Messages Hanging in Outbox
I have a very bizarre problem with the Outlook 2003 setup on our CEO's laptop. When he is at his home in Boston, he is able to send and receive messages while connected to his homes wireless network. However, once he connects his laptop to the docking station and is on his wired setup, he is unable to send messages. He is able to receive just fine. However, Outlook reports connections to the server being interrupted while sending. My first impulse is to say there is something wrong with his wired setup or, more specifically, his docking station. Any other thoughts? ...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

CListCtrl Scroll Message
Hi, everyone: I have a standard MFC application. The view class is derived from CFormView. There is a CListCtrl control on the form. However, I can not get scroll message of the list control. I am quite confused about it. Does anyone have idea? Wish someone could help me. Thanks very much. Eric On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:29:11 +0800, "Eric Linu" <EricLiu@moxrd.com> wrote: >Hi, everyone: > >I have a standard MFC application. The view class is derived from CFormView. >There is a CListCtrl control on the form. However, I can not get scroll >message of the l...

dynamically set flags according to message age
I would like to have a macro which I could run on a set of selected messages. The macro would look at the receive date and set flags according to whether it came in yesterday, day before etc. Is there anything out there like that? Regards, Bruce. Yes, it's possible to do this with an Outlook VBA macro, but the details = will depend on your adutlook version and the date criteria and just what = flags you want to set. If you're new to Outlook VBA macros, you might = want to start with some of the basics reviewed at = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vb.htm --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ...

How delete failed messages?
I have four messages that failed to upload. How do I delete them so that I don't keep getting the error messages? If you click on Outbox and then highlight each message, you can either click X in the left corner, right click the mouse and choose delete or hit the delete key on the keyboard. That should work for you. "Bobby77501" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message news:Ig4Bb.5242$Ho3.4359@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I have four messages that failed to upload. How do I delete them so that I > don't keep getting the error messages? > > I shoul...

ehrecvr.exe error message after installing SP3
Hi, I own a Freecom Hybrid DVB-T USB Stick which used to work fine (Was able to see TV), unfortunately since I installed SP3 for Windows XP I always get following annoying message on startup when plugging in the DVB-T USB Stick: An unhandled win32 exception occured in ehrecvr.exe The message keeps popping up every 5 seconds, until I disconnect the USB Stick. When I check the event viewer following error message is generated by the Media Center Receiver service: TV Tuner Malfunction. (0x80040265) TridVid Tv Tuner I found comments of people who experienced the same prob...

Reading raw messages
I'm having a spam problem (yes, I know, who isn't!!!) and I would like to read the raw message, as it comes in from the POP server. I want to examine the message headers, etc. I can either do this in Outlook 2003 or in Exchange 2003, as I own and run both. When I was running MDaemon, I could access the mailbox store and read the raw messages. Ms, in their wisdom, in Exchange 2003, make this very difficult and hide this "raw" information away. I reckon Exchange Server is the place to look - if you export messages from Outlook 2003, even in text mode, you only get the sanitis...

welcome to windows7
Learn more about windows 7 such as tools and tips and explore more windows7. http://www.ezdia.com/Welcome-to-Windows-7/Content.do?id=314 ...

Exporting contacts and messages From Outlook into Outlook Express
Hi, My friend ask me if exist any way to export contacts and messages in that way and don't losing anything from his resources. .. Regards -- Przemys�aw Staniszewski No, you would need to import from OE. -- Milly Staples - [MVP Outlook] Post all replies to the news group. Unsolicited mail sent to my personal address will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Przemys�aw Staniszewski <ihi.marzyciel@wp.pl> asked: | Hi, | | My friend ask me if exist any way to export contacts and messages in | that way and don't losing anything from his resources. | ...

error message #59
Outlook kept closing after an error occurred so I uninstalled then re-installed and now get the error message: Unable to open you default e-mail folders. The .dll file for information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service pstprx.dll. Be sure the service was correctly installed and configured. What does this mean?? ...

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

The originator does not have permission to submit message
Hi I am new to Outlook, can someone hlep me as to what is the meaning of this Error message "The originator does not have permission to submit message" I am not able to send mails to anyone.. some mails are going but most of them are not .. Thanks & Regards Santosh.R Hi - please fix your system clock. You're posting from the future. :-) What services do you have in your Outlook profile? Santosh wrote: > Hi > > I am new to Outlook, can someone hlep me as to what is the meaning of > this Error message > > "The originator does not have permi...

D-Link disabled my welcome screen and fast user switching option
I installed a D-Link Xtreme N desktop PCI adaptor with their software. It disabled my welcome screen and fast user switching. XP is telling me I need to uninstall the D-Link software to be able to change this setting. Help? -- dewbru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dewbru's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225479.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/1341387.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Letter as body of e-mail message
I want to compose a generic e-mail message in HTML format and re-use it multiple times. But I want to customize the message each time and send it as the body of the message (as opposed to an attachment). I know there must be an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out. Any ideas? ...

message rerouting #2
hello all. does anyone have an idea how long Exchange server takes to reroute in the event of a primary connection failure? Exchange will try delivery via a route 3 times until it marks this as down, if another route exists it will then route the email through the alternate route. Are you seeing issues with message routing. Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "mac" <mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB30A5D0-6868-43E2-9F37-0346D65C80C2@microsoft.com... > hello all. does anyone have an idea how long Exchange server takes to > reroute > in the even...

importing messages from incredimail
Hi, I would like to import all my messages from incredimail how do I go about it in outlook -- http://en.bibleinfo.com/gift/ lessons gratuites de Bible en fran�ais http://www.discoveronline.org/french May God bless you Que Dieu vous b�nisse Incoming mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG free edition anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Jesus is coming soon J�sus revient bient�t Please be ready S.V.P. soyez pr�t see www.Bibleinfo.com voyez www.Bibleinfo.com available in 16 langua...

importing messages to WLM
If I have a folder with exported WLM messages (& I've deleted the original folder in the WLM storage folders) how can I (re-)import the messages back into WLM? If I try the message-import-WLM-messages & point to the directory where the messages are (tried both an external HD & a desktop folder) WLM just says that "no messages can be found or another application has the files open...close the application.... (sorry, I've forgotten how to copy the contents of an error box) How can I close WLM & at the same time use it to import messages? Is there ...

Outlook 97 on Win 98 SE Crash on Open / address book / messages
Some of this may be OT, but please help if you can w/ the outlook part...thanks 3 Questions (Office 97 on a Win 98 SE OS) A friend of mine was suddenly having an issue with Word crashing before open after displaying a message of type... 'WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in module WINWORD.EXE at ...' I felt thier best option was to remove and reinstall office, since I didn't have time to research the problem initially. They did so...it didn't solve the problem. I noticed that after uninstalling a second time, the Program Files\Microsoft Office folder with all the files ...

Message stuck in outbox #5
I have a large message stuck in the outbox that won't delete and won't send. How can it remove it from the outbox? ...