From: Outlook 2003 Team [mailto:olteam@Microsoft.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32 PM
To: New Outlook User
Subject: Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

        Thank you for using Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003! This version of
Outlook includes new capabilities designed to help you access, prioritize,
and act on communications and information so that you may use your time more
efficiently and more easily manage the ever-increasing flow of incoming
e-mail.

      To give you some idea of what is possible with Outlook 2003, we have
put together a list of our favorite new features.

        Streamlined Mail Experience - Outlook helps you read, organize,
follow-up, and find e-mail messages more efficiently than before. The new
window layout displays more information on the screen at one time, even on
smaller monitors. The list of messages has been redesigned to use space more
intelligently; as a result, you will spend less time scrolling and more time
getting your work done. Automatic grouping of your messages helps you find
and go to e-mail messages anywhere in the list more quickly than before; you
can even move or delete all messages in a group at once!

        Junk E-mail Filter - The new Junk E-mail Filter helps prevent much
of the unwanted e-mail that you receive every day. It uses state-of-the-art
technology developed by Microsoft Research to evaluate whether a message
should be treated as junk e-mail based on several factors, such as the time
it was sent and the content of the message. The filter does not single out
any particular sender or type of e-mail; it is based on the content of the
message in general and uses advanced analysis of the structure of the
message to determine the probability that it is junk e-mail. Any message
that is caught by the filter is moved to your Junk E-mail folder, where it
can be retrieved or reviewed at a later time. You can add e-mail addresses
to your Safe Senders List to ensure that messages from these senders will
never be treated as junk e-mail and block messages from certain e-mail
addresses or domain names by adding the sender to your Blocked Senders List.

        Navigation Pane - The Navigation Pane is more than a simple list of
folders: It combines the main navigation and sharing features of Outlook
into one, easy-to-use place. In Mail, you will see more mail folders than
before, and you can add your favorite folders to the top of the list. In
Calendar, you can view other people's shared calendars side-by-side with
your own Calendar. In Contacts, you will see the list of all contacts
folders you can open - whether stored on your computer or on a network
location, as well as improved ways to view your contacts. All eight of the
Outlook modules have a user interface designed to help you quickly see what
you are looking for, in the way that you like to see it.

        Reading Pane - The Reading Pane is a great place to read e-mail
messages without needing to open a separate window for each message. Like a
piece of paper, the Reading Pane is laid out vertically. This layout is
easier on your eyes and, together with the new multi-line message list,
means that you can see nearly twice as much of an e-mail message on the same
size monitor as compared to the Preview Pane in earlier versions of Outlook.

        Quick Flags - If you need to respond to an e-mail message but you
don't have the time now, you can click on the flag icon next to it to mark
it with a Quick Flag. Multiple colored flags make it easy to categorize your
messages. The folder named "For Follow Up" always contains an up-to-date
list of all Quick Flagged messages in every folder in your mailbox.

        Arrange By Conversation - If you receive many e-mail messages daily,
you could benefit from a grouping option called Arrange By Conversation.
Arrange By Conversation view shows your message list in a
conversation-oriented or "threaded" view. To help you read your e-mail
messages as quickly as possible, the Arrange By Conversation view displays
only unread and Quick Flagged messages at first. Each conversation can be
expanded further to show all messages in the conversation, including
messages you have already read. To arrange your messages this way, click
Arrange By Conversation on the View menu.

        Search Folders - Search Folders contain constantly-updated search
results of all e-mail items matching specific search criteria. You can see
all the unread e-mail messages from every folder in your mailbox in a Search
Folder named "Unread Mail." To help you reduce the size of your mailbox, the
"Large Mail" Search Folder shows you the largest mail in your mailbox,
regardless of what folder the messages are stored in. You can also create
your own Search Folders: Choose from a list of pre-defined templates or
create a search with custom criteria and save it as a Search Folder for
future use.

        Side-by-Side Calendars - You can now view multiple calendars
side-by-side inside of the Outlook Calendar window. All calendars can be
seen side-by-side: local calendars, public folder calendars, other users'
calendars, or Microsoft Windows� SharePointT Services team event lists. The
calendars are color-coded to help you tell them apart.

        Rules and Alerts - Outlook will alert you when new e-mail messages
arrive in your Inbox by displaying a subtle notification on your desktop,
even when you're using another program. You can quickly create rules to file
e-mail based on the message by selecting the message and clicking Create
Rule.

        Cached Exchange Mode - If you use Microsoft Exchange Server you no
longer have to worry about problems caused by slow or far-away networks.
Outlook can download your mailbox to your computer, reducing the need to
communicate with the e-mail server. If the network becomes unavailable,
Outlook will keep using the information it has already downloaded - and you
might not even realize the network is gone! Outlook adapts to the type of
network available, downloading more e-mail items over faster networks and
giving you more control over what is downloaded over slower networks. If you
use Outlook 2003 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, you will benefit from
a significant reduction in network traffic, helping you get to your
information faster.

     And Much More - There are many more additional improvements and new
features in Outlook 2003 that we didn't have space to describe here,
including improvements to AutoSuggest addressing, Meetings Workspaces, Live
Attachments, the resizable Address Book, Contact Pictures, Distribution List
expansion, Alerts, the Current Time Indicator, privacy and performance
enhancements, data files larger than 2 gigabytes (GB), full Unicode support,
usability improvements throughout the product, online training for Outlook
available on the Microsoft Office Online Web site, and more.

     We hope that you will find this to be the best version of Outlook yet!
To keep up with the latest information about Outlook, sign up for a free
subscription to the Inside Office Newsletter. The newsletter will be sent to
you by e-mail on a regular basis. Although it is impossible for us to answer
all of your questions personally, please feel free to follow this link or
Outlook 2003. We're always looking for feedback from the people who use
Outlook every day!

      Thank you for using Outlook!

      - The Outlook Team

0
jmar (6)

Jennifer Mar, you  wrote on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:50:29 -0400:

> I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they open
> Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing?

See if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403041033.aspx
helps.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
> Jennifer Mar, you  wrote on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:50:29 -0400:
>
> > I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they
open
> > Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing?
>
> See if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403041033.aspx
> helps.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller
> http://www.outlookfaq.net

0
jmar (6)
3/13/2007 5:27:32 PM
"Christian Goeller" <spam@cs-g.net> wrote in message
>> I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they
>> open
>> Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing?
>
> See if http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403041033.aspx
> helps.

I would also look at the way they are starting Outlook.  Check the
properties of the icon they are using to see if it has any startup
parameters.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/13/2007 5:27:39 PM
Hi
its simple delete the first email that shows you the preview of the default
welcome email in preview pane

How to place focus back after error message window closed?
I have a form with 3 CEdit which are Year, Month and Day fields. If one of them is empty and user click OK or press Enter, an error message will displayed and the focus will back on where it was. I have tried this code but it won't focused back on where it was, it just back to the form but nothing is focused. void CMochikoshiDlg::OnOK() { // TODO: この位置にその他の検証用のコードを追加してください if ( m_edt_mochi_date_year.IsEmpty() || m_edt_mochi_date_month.IsEmpty() || m_edt_mochi_date_day.IsEmpty() ) { MessageBox( "Error" ); return; } CDialog::OnOK(); } How to do that? Thank you ve...

not responding message when opening documents
open existing document (Word, Excel) and blue bar says 'not responding'. uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but problem persists. closing is major problem, have to click end now several times. any suggestions for the technically challenged? -- Michael T ...

how do I remove messages from welcome window
When I turn on my computer my welcome screen shows that I have messages, but when I go to my outlook there are none. I then check my comcast mail and there are no messages there either. I still do get messages but after i've read them my welcome screen still shows I have messages. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Office XP error message
When i try and open 2 needed folders in outlook i get this following message.. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. outlook:8001010118000000E42E1C0097000000FC2E1C0000000000DD C008B2347CA442B4D3B0C91014D6AD828200000000000038A1BB1005E5 101AA1BB08002B2A56C200006D737073742E646C6C00000000004E4954 41F9BFB80100AA0037D96E000000433A5C446F63756D656E747320616E 642053657474696E67735C5 can anyone help me please. All my work documents are in this folder. No changes have been make to outlook xp well not that i know of..Help please How big is yo...

trap messages in a thread
Recently, I was advised by several MVPs on this newsgroup not to use ThreadTerminate to kill a thread. I would like to know how can I send a quit message to a thread and trap it inside the thread body so that it can exit gracefully. Thank you. Jess If you have the thread Id or the CWinThread pointer to the thread you want to send a message to then simply use PostThreadMessage, send the thread a WM_QUIT message. pThread->PostThreadMessage(WM_QUIT); Or if you are within the thread itself you can call PostQuitMessage(); AliR. "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> w...

Inbox
I am using Outlook 2007 sp2 A large number of email notifications have appeared in my inbox - they have no From or Subject and no content they only show a reveived date and a size nearly all at 326b -- I asssume that they are some form of spam - how can I get these items to go straight to my junk mail box other than identifying each one adding to my blocked sender list If these messages are not caught by the Junk E-mail filter already, try increasing the scanning level. If that doesn't work either, create a rule with the action to move all messages to the Junk Email folder...

message proof
Hi We are using Exchange 5.5 We need to provide proof that an email was sent to the client. Our message tracking is NOT enabled Is there anywhere on exchange or a log file that can allow me to get this proof Thanking in Advance for a solution Coolsingh Nope. "coolsingh" <coolsingh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4016946c$1_2@nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net... > Hi > We are using Exchange 5.5 > We need to provide proof that an email was sent to the client. > > Our message tracking is NOT enabled > Is there anywhere on exchange or a log file > that can allow ...

Putting attachment icons in message headers
Outlook 2002 - when adding an attachment to a message how to get the icon to position itself in the message header rather than in the body of the email Use HTML or Plain Text format instead of Rich Text format. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tony Cohen" <tony@valueadded.com.au> wrote in message news:05ae01c350bd$db9482d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2002 - when adding an attachment to a message how > to get the icon to...

Outlook message #2
Hello, I use a contact management software program that sends email using Outlook. when I send email from the contact software I get the Outlook message below. does anybody know how to turn this message off? Microsoft Outlook A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Yes No Cancel cheers, Michael Contact the vendor for your contact management application and see if they have an updated version. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Editi...

Automation server, events, application not responding message box.
Hello, at first, sorry for my bad english. i hope you can understand it. I have an application with an ole/com server and i send an event (via ConnectionPoints) to the client. That works fine. The client should open a MessageBox. It works, but if i do not respond within 5 sec (click on the OK Button) then another DialogBox pops up with the following text (im try to translate the dialogbox content): "Server does not respond. This operation could not be executed because the "ClientTest"-Application does not respond. Please click "Switch to", and solve th problem....

Message: "The Message Has Not Been Sent"
Hi all, I notice that my outlook starts to act strange. I have SmallBusinessServer 2003 Exchange Server running on my server and I'm using window 2000pro with Office 2000 (out look 2000) on my workstation. My outlook is configured for exchange. Recently, I notice when I try to send a word doc as an attachment. I get a copy of the email message in my INBOX, saying that it has not been sent. But the recipient got the email i sent fine. For instance, I open up word and type a letter. I go to File->send to-> Mail recipient (as an attachment) and click on SEND. In my inbox...

IMF filtering messages for users that dont exist
I've activated IMF for my Exchange 2003 server. IMF is blocking about 5000 messages each day. When i check the e-mails many of these are destined for users that don't even exist in our server. I've activated the setting Filter recipients who are not in the directory but still the messages get to the IMF archive. Anyone have any ideas? Any recommendations? Have you enabled Recipient Filtering on SMTP virtual server properties? Restarted SMTPsvc after you did that? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog -------------------...

error message #22
When i try to download informatoin from my 2 banks 1 goes through ok but the second bank says unsuccessful & gives the error ofxie12029 Please help. In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >When i try to download informatoin from my 2 banks 1 goes through ok but the >second bank says unsuccessful & gives the error ofxie12029 >Please help. > If the problem persists, consider disabling that bank for online access and setting it up again. Otherwise you may want to contact Microsoft support if you have purchased a recent version. ...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

Help with Filtering Messages
I'm sorry if my orginal post wasn't clear enough, so I'll try to elaborate. A.adds cc or bcc automatic settings options I would like to set up a bcc to an email address that automatically does so when I send a message. With Outlook 07, I have to do it manually each time. Whereas with Thunderbird, you can preselect whom you want to bcc messages to. Each time you send a message it does it automatically. B. manages the message filter options something like Mozilla Thunderbird I'm having a real problem managing my message filters using Outlook. I have many folde...

Welcome to SwissCash
Hello, Welcome to SwissCash! You will be very pleased with the financial returns that are ahead of you. My name is Albert and I am your SwissCash Financial Consultant. SwissCash currently provides 4 Levels of Income: Deposit USD $100+ you will be SIP (you will get SIP income) Deposit USD $1000+ and you will get all 4 incomes below: 1. SIP 20% Monthly average interest for 15 months = 300%. The interest increases in 3 month stages: 10% - 15% - 20% - 25% - 30%. 2. SAP 10% referral commission of referred investors. Instant withdrawal 3. SRP 10% of Referrals increasing monthly interest. With...

extend.dat errorr message
When I open outlook, I keep getting this message that says words to the effect, "can not open extend.dat. I can't find a file extend.dat. How do I go about fixing this problem. By default you can find extend.dat here; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Graig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b91301c45049$0b0f8e20$a401280a@ph...

my admin users are not shown on the welcome screen
hi. good time. first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). then i disable the built-in administrator. and i logoff the windows. now i cannot login to widows. please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. good luck. Shirazian wrote: > hi. > good time. > first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). > then i disable the built-in administrator. > and i logoff the windows. > now i cannot login to widows. > please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. Try logging on to Safe Mode with the Administrator account. To get ...

Block Messages with 'Hi' or 'hi' in Subject
I am receiving 50-100 spams per day with these in the subject. Rule wizard will not allow me to delete messages containing 'Hi' or 'hi' a it would then delete messages such as 'High Volume' which may/may no be a valid email as it has 'Hi' as the subject word. I know man others who would be most interested in correcting this problem. Than you. Larr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

welcome to windows7
Learn more about windows 7 such as tools and tips and explore more windows7. http://www.ezdia.com/Welcome-to-Windows-7/Content.do?id=314 ...

Error Messages #2
Hi Wondering if someone can help with these errors. I was unable to send or receive ms crm emails until I made the registry changes on the crm server. Now I can send and receive emails however I am receiving these errors. I'm running SBS2003 with MSCRM 1.2 Event Type: Warning Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5899 Date: 5/05/2004 Time: 3:54:28 PM User: N/A Computer: NEWSERV Description: An error occurred in the SOAP proxy while attempting to deliver a message. Message subject: 'RE: Casella Tankfarm connection diagram ...

deleting messages in M drive
Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive? Is this a good way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages? Thanks, Mario general consensus is to not touch the M:\ drive - pretend it does not exist...don't virusscan it, don't back it up, do not touch it... "Mario Santonastaso" <santonm@campbellhall.org> wrote in message news:vtn7a0tu88fl61lj2h8nivkujr5sct1cim@4ax.com... > Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive? Is this a good > way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages? > Thanks, > Mario Susan is right. The...

Error Message 0x800CCC78
Whenever I try to send emails from Outlook Express 2002, I receive the error message 0x800CCC78 - Unable to send the message. Please verify the email address in your account properties. I have actually changes email addresses> I have called my ISP. The y say since I am able to send emails through the web, it is not their problem. I have also tried to switch over to MS Outlook Express - same error message appears when send ing emails. Please let me know how to resolve this problem. Are you using Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express? There is no such beast as Outlook Express 2002. If y...

Error message.
Hello, I am using GP 7.50g3. I have installed the GP into a new notebook that come with Windows Xp SP2 and get the following message. I have re-install GP many times and still having the same problem. "The Great_plains.vbs project references some objects that cannot be found. These objects are listed in file: C:\MBS\GPS75\Dynamics.txt" What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will not get the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have ...

Attaching an open email message to another message
Hello, If I have opened a message (call it message-1) by some means (say from some desktop search application) and i'm composing another message (say, message-2), is there some easy way to attach message-1 to message-2? Currently, the only way I know of doing this is to find the Outlook folder where message-1 lives, hunt for message-1 there, and then drag it into message-2. If I already have message-1 opened, is there some shortcut to getting it into message-2? Thanks! No, whether message-1 is open or not has nothing to do with how you = attach it to message-2. --=20 Sue Mosher, Out...