Weird address book thing ...

My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every
address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE
address book.

Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up.

Where in blazes would this be ?????  I cannot find it anywhere.  Its like
there is a temp file somewhere  or a buffer that contains that old email
address.

Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious.

Thanks ...

John

0
johnn (5)

It's in a cache. When the list pops-up highlight the address with your arrow
keys and press DELETE.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----

"Patch" <johnn@keennetech.com> wrote in message
> My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every
> address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE
> address book.
>
> Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up.
>
> Where in blazes would this be ?????  I cannot find it anywhere.  Its like
> there is a temp file somewhere  or a buffer that contains that old email
> address.
>
> Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious.
>
> Thanks ...
>
> John

0
Roady
10/13/2005 1:54:13 PM
Just highlight it and delete it when it next appears, these addresses are
stored in a file with a *.nk2 extension and they are hidden in the user
profile, they hold 1000 cached addresses.
"Patch" <johnn@keennetech.com> wrote in message
> My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every
> address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE
> address book.
>
> Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up.
>
> Where in blazes would this be ?????  I cannot find it anywhere.  Its like
> there is a temp file somewhere  or a buffer that contains that old email
> address.
>
> Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious.
>
> Thanks ...
>
> John

0
noelall (144)
10/13/2005 2:01:00 PM
Thanks ... that was simple ...

John

"Patch" <johnn@keennetech.com> wrote in message
> My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every
> address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE
> address book.
>
> Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up.
>
> Where in blazes would this be ?????  I cannot find it anywhere.  Its like
> there is a temp file somewhere  or a buffer that contains that old email
> address.
>
> Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious.
>
> Thanks ...
>
> John

0
fred3650 (12)

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

Global Address List is not updating with new users
Hello, I am using Exchange Server 2003. Whenever I create new users from Active Directory it is updating the in the GAL (Global Address List) and the users who are having admin rights are able to see the new user in GAL but where as other normal users are not able to see the user. I trying to resolve but couln't. Can anybody help me in pulling out my leg from this. Still no luck. Please help. Thanks for your help Regards, Are you using Cached Exchange Mode in 2003? Have you tried forcing a complete download from the client? Nue "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.micros...

Access of Address Book
I am continually receiving a message saying a program is trying to access my addresses and asking that I allow this access for a particular amount of time. Is there a way to find out what program is making this attempt and/or stop this request? Hi Larry - I am getting the same thing - driving me crazy. What OS and Outlook are you using? If I find anything I will let you know. I have already added myself as a trusted publisher but it has not stopped it. Thanks, Lynn - >-----Original Message----- >I am continually receiving a message saying a program is >trying to access ...

How to create address book view?
Exchange 2003 SP1 and Outlook 2003. I have 20,000+ objects in the GAL, and i'd like to be able to break this down into smaller chunks when users choose objects from the it. I can't use multiple GALs because a user can only see one GAL. For example, when a user is creating a new message in Outlook 2003, it would be be helpful is they could, in the address book, click the drop-down there the GAL is selected and select some other item that says, for example, "Marketing department" and see 1000 users instead of the whole GAL. So I understand that I might be able to use ...

Customer address and shipping address are blank......
they r blank on print preview and print outs, but are selected and the fields show in invoice designer using money 2004 small business on xp pro I am REALLY disappointed in this product.......mainly errors with designing and printing invoices ...

Defining alternate default address books
I am hosting several domains on my Exchage 2003 system and need to define domain specific address books for my users. The goal is to have them see only their own domain members and never see anyone elses. I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 where this is possible, but I can find no way to do this in Exchange 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks. This KB might be helpful in setting up your Address Lists: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Regards, -- Eric Tam, MCSE, MCSA Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send ...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

Address Book Problem #5
I just copied my contact folder from my lap top to my desk top PC. Both have Outlook 2002. I have the names sorted last name first in my laptop. When sending a new e-mail, I select a name from the contact list, sorted in the same order. But, when I imported the same file to my desk top PC, the names are still sorted correctly (last name first) in Contacts but, when sending a new e-mail the names seem to have been resorted first name first. Upon reopening the contact list, everything is still sorted as I had intended. How can I get these 2 lists in sync? Thanks! Dale You did not cl...

Inline AutoComplete for Address Bar removed in IE8 (FYI)
<QP> Inline AutoComplete Internet Explorer 8 removed support for one of my favorite browser features: Inline AutoComplete (IAC) for the address bar. This feature was off-by-default, but for almost a decade the first thing I did when setting up a new computer was enable IAC using the checkbox Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Use inline AutoComplete. For IE8, we introduced a new Smart Address Bar which offers a bunch of improvements including better and more relevant suggestions in the new flyout window. The feature also includes keyboard tips, which show ...

Weird autoformat
We were just upgraded at work to Office 2002. I did not have this problem with earlier versions. I often enter text such as "A02-12" or "A01-03" into spreadsheets (this stands for Annealer 2, run 12 or Annealer 1, Run 3). However, now when I type it, for some reason Excel interprets that as a date with a very strange custom format. For example, A01-03, comes out look like a bunch of arabic with the number 3 after it. The format is B2d-mmm . If I change it to general format its the number 37686, which is the date March 6, 2003. Typing something like "B01-03&quo...

Linking & Emailing Multiple Work books
Hi there, Last time I was on here, you guys worked miracles....hoping for the same again ;-) Problem: I am not able to successfully send 4 workbooks by email to my boss and have the links remain active between the 4 documents that have been emailed. (They still shows link paths back to the original document location on my computer's hard drive) There is one Summary workbook linked to Workbook A, Workbook B and Workbook C. I want to be able to email the 4 documents to him, and have him be able to open up the Summary sheet, (by going to Edit > Links > Change Source, and choose the W...

Address Book Addresses
There was a list of addresses at the bottom of the left pane in Outlook Express which I closed and can't seem to reopen for convenience sake. Can anyone enlighten me? I'm running 0E6.0 -- ujhardy go to tools-layout and check contacts "Euly" <u.hardy@verizon.net> wrote in message news:doiMb.6513$sb3.4496@nwrddc01.gnilink.net... > There was a list of addresses at the bottom of the left pane in Outlook > Express which I closed and can't seem to reopen for convenience sake. Can > anyone enlighten me? I'm running 0E6.0 > > -- > ujhardy >...

Mailbox management -- recipient policy age limit weirdness
I've been testing a couple recipient policies, and I come across this kind of thing now and then. I end up with a report that shows a few users with something like this when absolutely nothing should get tagged for deletion on them: ---------- Cleaning Mailbox user@domain.com Recipient Policy: Test1 Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB) Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB) Folder / Done: 0 Items Processed, 1 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted (2097409 KB) Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB) Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB) Folder /Outbox Done: 0 Items Processed, 0 Items Wou...

Download address book to work offline
When I try to download the address book, I get a prompt telling me that I'm not online, but I can see the system address book (which mean I'm connected to the email server) ? Can anyone advise how can I download a address book for offline usage ? I'm using HP Openmail and outlook 2002 ...

Weird Number Truncating
I am trying to create a spreadsheet for tracking items by barcode. Fo what ever reason, any number containing more than 15 numbers, exce changes all numbers after the 15th digit to zero. For example: 7301010250174422 becomes 7301010250174420 when entered into an excel cell. 7301010250174422456 becomes 7301010250174420000 Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks Darro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Darron, Excel's precision for numbers is 15 decimal digits. Use text instead, either by preceding the number with a single quote (which will not show) or by formatting ...

weird outlook 2007 shutdown problem
I run Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Pro SP2. When I reboot my computer ... the first time I start Outlook and go to close it ... It still runs in task manager. It doesn't use any CPU time so normally I would just say the heck with it but .... it does use anywhere from 66M to 127M of ram and I noticed when if I continue to let it run it slowly uses more and more ram... I can open and close it as many times as I want yet it still runs in TM. I have to end task on the process to get it to shut down .. Once I have ended task on the processes and launch Outlook again ... when I close it .. ...

Weird issue in CFileDialog(Context Menu)
hi I am running into this werid problem. I am using CFileDialog to open a file and it works fine if I either double click on the file or single click + "Open" button. But the thing is whenever I use the ContextMenu(right click) and "Select" to open the file, all the resource gets messed up(it seems like). right after I do right click->select to open up the file I call this CMenu menu; menu.LoadMenu(IDR_POPUP_MENU); and this LoadMenu returns false and every dialog text turn into a empty dialogbox(doesn't show any messages). why would the above code work when I ei...

RUS updates addresses and default reply adress
Hi guys Im in a bigger migration from EX55 to EX2003 with several sites. Now RUS is updating all my mailboxes all the time. But this does happen only with one Recipient Policy (Site Policy, automaticly created during migration). This means he updates all the reply adresses. So if I switch a reply adress to a new one manually, he switches it back. Indication might be: We had some problems at the beginning with some fax gateway addresses in this site, which havent been properly removed, so RUS was not updating new mailboxes. So we removed those custom addresses in the exchange 5.5 enironment...

seperating email addresses in contacts list
I have been able to bring over all my contacts from outlook express but now i have the problem of contacts beingin groups. I have abour 300 addresses that I use for a newsletter only but I dont always want to sent to all of them at once and I certain;y dont want to have to scour through all my addresses (newsletter poeple, family, friends etc) to send to 3 or 4 people. In outlook I had a main identity that I could select from and I kept this as only family and friends then I had folders for newsletter and other groups which I could select people from each time I sent an email. ...

Addresses and Contacts
I think this is the most confusing part of Outlook. Iam trying to move everything over to a new laptop. I have copied all my pst files. If i try and create a new email now, there are no addresses to select from....But if I go into the contacts within Outlook they are there. What do I have to do to transfer my contacts over so I can use them??? How do the contacts work in Outlook? I have my pst files in My documents, so that I can back them up, is it possible to path other things to my docs as well? Iam using Outlook 2003 SP2. Cheers, Scott V if you have Contacts in the Contacts...