web link rendering in Outlook / Exchange emails?

We use Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2003 in our environment.  I notice that
some web links that are put into Outlook - I think, just by typing but im
not to sure - are being rendered into unc paths, for example the link might
say www.website .com but the actual link is read as \\www.website.com which
results in an error when being clicked on.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

0
male (3)

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

JPG Files in Outlook 2002
Sending and receiving JPG photos in Outlook 2002, receive a square or rectangular area where photo should be with a small red "x" in upper left corner of received area. Please help. Other Outlook users have noted same problem. Appreciate any help. ...

Exchange 2003 Cluster issue
We're testing Exchange 2003 for implementation later this year and have currently setup a test lab with the following: Windows 2003 Standard Server (Global Catologue) Compaq DL380 Cluster (2 node) - configured as member servers Windows 2003 Enterprise Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 The problem we have is that when we create a new user, it doesn't give the option to create a mailbox. Forestprep and Domainprep were both run on the Catologue Server to begin with. Never seen this before so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Jay In the last exciting episode, "Jay" <p...

linking entire word documents
I would like to link two identical documents. The source document is placed on server X, the target document on sever Y. Changes on X should automatically appear on Y. Is that possible, and how? Thanks for responding! Hi Michael, Yes, via Insert|File (Word 97-2003) or Insert|Object|Text from File (Word 2007) and choosing the 'Insert as link' option. Also check out the INCLUDETEXT field entry in Word's help file. Using an INCLUDETEXT field, any changes to the source file will be reflected in the destination file. Plus, if you edit the linked data in the destination f...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

cleaning up exchange from AD?
I need to delete an exchange 2003 server and i want to make sure that = ALL references to exchange or mail management are deleted from active = directory. How can i do this? Is there some AD cleaning tool out there? Do you have other Exchange servers? As long as this is not the first Exchange server in the org, simply running Exchange setup and choosing Uninstall should do the trick for you. Otherwise, you'll probably want to look at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html and keep in mind that the schema has already been extended ...

Outlook Express toolbar keeps resizing.
After my Outlook Express sits open for while the toolbar's size increases to the point that it starts drop selection options from the screen. Anyone run into that before? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Outlook Issue #7
I am using Outlook2003SP1 with Exchange 2003. When I first start outlook and open either a message or a calendar request when I press the button(s) or select from the menu any of these functions; send, reply, forward, reply to all, accept, decline, print, permissions, follow up, previous, next basically any function nothing happens. The only things that seems to work is the close, change font and move to folder buttons/functions. Once I close the item and open it up again everything works. I have to do this for either messages or calendar items. I have tried creating a different mail prof...

How can I not display an Exchange Email in GAL?
Hi, I know there's a way to prevent an Exchange 2000 account from being displayed in the GAL. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks. Sam Enable Advanced features within Active Directory Users and Computers 1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers 2. In the console tree, click the <your domain> node. 3. On the View menu, click Advanced Features. Hide the mailbox 4. Navigate to Active Directory Users and Computers | <your domain> | Users 5. Right click on the user you wish to make hidden from the GAL and select properties from the me...

Shared Tasks on Outlook Today
Hello all. My Company is running an Exchange 2003 (well, actuall it's SBS 2003) server and currently everything is going fine. I have 2 questions regarding outlook however. 1) I would like to people to have shared tasks for a group of people appear in their outlook today screen under tasks like the personal tasks do 2) If I can't do number 1, then I would like to people able to add a link to the shared tasks folder (I did the customize outlook page and did this) and be able to open a tasks WITHOUT having it marked as read (until it's marked done) so at least the number ...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

Outlook 2003 #222
I am trying to connect my various email accounts to feed into Outlook with Verizon as my isp. MSN Yahoo pop.mail.yahoo.com, smtp.mail.yahoo.com Every time the program asks for the password which is correct & I press the password which works without outlook. Mary L. McR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to connect my various email accounts to feed > into Outlook with Verizon as my isp. > MSN > Yahoo pop.mail.yahoo.com, smtp.mail.yahoo.com Yahoo! expects you to pay extra for POP access to their mail servers. Do you have a Yahoo! Plus accou...

Export CRM-contacts to Outlook Global Contact (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I want to export all the contacts in CRM to the Outlook Global Contact, so all the non-CRM-users can find contacts with there phonenumber etc. There is no support for this at all in CRM 1.2 I can do this manually. First export all the contact to Excel and from there back in Global Contact. Now the problem is the 'Save as'-field. You can only set this field by opening the contact, set the field and save it. For one contact is this no problem, for 5000 contacts it is. When I import the contacts I can't set the value of this field. It has a default value, but I need anoth...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

copy entire database over to linked server
I just setup a linked server that is provided through our ISP. Our database is setup as merge replication that is pushed to four remote locations all running sql server. I want to setup the linked server with the same database. What is the best way to do this? Can I configure merge replication with the linked server so it is always up to date? We are using SQL SERVER 2000 WB WB Do you want to loop throu all tables and copy them into another server? Where do you want to create a linked server ? On main office to point to locations? "WB" <none> ...

How do I invite people for a meeting using outlook
I am planning to set up meeting and invite several people for the meeting. How do I set up this meeting? Ask in an Outlook newsgroup. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Raja" <Raja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16097A1B-EBC4-4600-A563-1AD3D51184DC@microsoft.com... >I am planning to set up meeting and invite several people for the meeting. > How do I set up this meeting? ...

Inserting music in Outlook 2000
Does anyone know the procedure to insert background music, e.g., midi files, etc., into outgoing emails in Outlook 2000? I was able to do this in Outlook Express 2000 with WIN 98 but now have XP and Outlook 2000 and cannot find about how to do it. HELP! Use Word as the mail editor, enable the Web Tools toolbar and use that to insert sounds. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.co...

how to make the outlook my home page
I have Outlook 2003 and I like to have "Outlook Today" after I turn on my computer, in other word be my default On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:41:05 -0800, "universitario" <universitario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Outlook 2003 and I like to have "Outlook Today" after I turn on my >computer, in other word be my default First, set up Outlook to open in the Outlook Today screen. Then, put Outlook in the Startup folder of "All Programs". -- <<<SgtRich>>> Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Outlook Send/Receive #2
Receiving Error 0x800ccc0f: Connection to the server was interrupted. I am only receiving this error on one of four email accounts on this pc. I have checked email account settings, deleted and added back the user with no change in results. I do appear to be receiving and sending email from this id, I have sent test messages from the other id's and they come in, but still get the same error report. Any idea's?? Do you have any anti-virus or anti-spam software that's scanning your mail? If so, try disabling the mail scanning and see if the problem goes away. If it doe...

Clicking Links in an Email
Starting today everytime I click a Link in an email I get a box with the link (Example: http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil/) followed by this message "Application Not Found" I am running Win 7 Home Premium. This could be caused by an error in Win Live Mail Desktop or a setting in Win 7. -- jl Did a System Restore to this morning and the problem was solved. -- jl "Jack" wrote: > Starting today everytime I click a Link in an email > I get a box with the link (Example: ...