Web Folders in Outlook

I'm looking at designing a solution using web-pages that outlook folders
point to.

I can see how this is done (setting the Properties/WebSite dialogue to point
to a URL) but I'm wondering if there is some way to automatically configure
Outlook with a hierarchy of folders that point to web-pages.

I'm just thinking through deployment scenarios - and it'd be useful to be
able to setup Outlook clients automatically...somehow.

Thanks!
---
Phil (NZ)

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

public folders
Weve got Exchange 2003 with most of our clients using Outlook 2003 or 2000. We have kept the Exchange 5,5 server on the domain purely because we have a newsletter public (folder which receives newsletters we have subscribed to over on the internet), and which uses an agent script that forwards these mails to different people and public sub folders. We cannot get rid of the exchange 5,5 server until we figure a way to forward these emails. I have tried using the Folder assistant to assign a rule which forwards the emails but they dont seem to be working, all the newsletters are just sitting in...

Outlook Express toolbar keeps resizing.
After my Outlook Express sits open for while the toolbar's size increases to the point that it starts drop selection options from the screen. Anyone run into that before? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Outlook 2002 Folder view options
I need to know how to chand the order of the folder view to show in alphabetical order. Currently I have it showing the public folders first, archive and personal folders, then it shows my mailbox (outlook today.) I need my mailbox to appear first. Help anyone? ...

cant drag messages to a folder in folder list
G'day. I recently installed office 2003, and in outlook in a cached exchange mode, i cannot drag messages from my inbox to a folder in my folder list. Please help..... Thanks in advance. ...

Shared Tasks on Outlook Today
Hello all. My Company is running an Exchange 2003 (well, actuall it's SBS 2003) server and currently everything is going fine. I have 2 questions regarding outlook however. 1) I would like to people to have shared tasks for a group of people appear in their outlook today screen under tasks like the personal tasks do 2) If I can't do number 1, then I would like to people able to add a link to the shared tasks folder (I did the customize outlook page and did this) and be able to open a tasks WITHOUT having it marked as read (until it's marked done) so at least the number ...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

Outlook Issue #7
I am using Outlook2003SP1 with Exchange 2003. When I first start outlook and open either a message or a calendar request when I press the button(s) or select from the menu any of these functions; send, reply, forward, reply to all, accept, decline, print, permissions, follow up, previous, next basically any function nothing happens. The only things that seems to work is the close, change font and move to folder buttons/functions. Once I close the item and open it up again everything works. I have to do this for either messages or calendar items. I have tried creating a different mail prof...

Outlook.exe has generated errors #2
Hi, I have Outlook2000 on a Windows2000 PROF. It started giving this error everytime I open Outlook: "Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed. An error log is created" I have interent mail and Personal Folders services running. I have tried recreating a new profile with a brand new pst, renaming Extend.dat to Extend.old, reinstalling Office2000, removing completely and installing Office2000 (in that order) and nothing seems to have helped. I can open Outlook in safe mode. Have tried removing any plugins while in safemode, that also did not help. Any suggestion...

Outlook 2007 no mail in inbox
Running Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. Setting up comcast e-mail in Outlook 2007. All settings are correct. Have uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired Office/Outlook. I save the password on the setup tab, but when I test connections, it asks for the password again on the POP3 and SMTP server test. And when I send myself a test e-mail, it asks again for the password, even though its saved. However, no e-mails are showing up in the inbox in Outlook, even though they're in the sent folder and they show up on comcast.net. I am totally stumped here. I have th...

Default Path to the Desktop Folder
Is there a default path to the desktop folder? I was exporting a a form from one database to another. The database I'm exporting to is on my desktop. The path is C:\Documents and Settings\Chad\Desktop\Test Database.accdb. I want to use this saved export in a macro for other people to use, but it is too specific to my PC. Is there a default path name I can use, like C:\HOME\Desktop...? Try one of these: Environ("HOMEPATH") & "\Desktop\" Environ("USERPROFILE") & "\Desktop\" -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth...

Default properties for new folders

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Can't import .pst file to reloaded Outlook
Can anyone help? Windows XP crashed and I was forced to reinstall the whole thing. Before doing so, I managed to export my personal folders to a .pst file that I put on a cdRom. When I reinstalled Outlook and tried to import that .pst file from the cdRom, I got an error message saying that access was denied to the file. I then saved it to my hard drive and tried again. This time I was able to import the file but all it did was put an empty folder in my list. The information that was supposed to be there does not seem to be. Is there a solution to retrieve my e-mails? Please h...

Free Busy Folders Not Replicating
Hello I have 2 servers with Exchange 2003 in the same administrative group. Free/Busy folder is set with Replicas on each server. Server 1 held all the mailboxes until recently. Server 2 held 0 mailboxes. We moved all users to server last week so that we could do hardware repairs on server 1 (corrupt array .. nasty) All moves were successful however we now have a strange problem. Users on Server 2 are tying to connect to Free/Busy on Server 1, this is causing Outlook Calendar hang issues etc. Some folks we were able to fix using the /cleanfreebusy Outlook switch but others this ...

Cannot Mount Public Folder
We are on Windows 2003 and running Exchange 2003 cluster. I'm having problem with mounting the public folder store. I receive the same error each time. I've tried articles: 312872, 823017, 316709 and 827283. Nothing is working PLEASE HELP! The error is: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 There shouold also be events in the application log when you are attempting to mount. Please post those along with the descriptions....

Outlook express #252
Can someone explain how I can have the same email (with attachments) sent to my home PC and works PC. The Works PC has the attachment, but my home PC has the words "OE has removed attachments) - so I have to view the attachments at work!! Can I tell my home computer to stop removing these things!! Thank you in eager anticipation, Tools->Options->Security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

Resolve Public Folder Conflicts programatically with vbs
Hi, We currently have 3 x exch 2000 enterprise servers. A misconfiguration of an archiving process has resulted in a series of public folders containing 25,000 conflicted messages - these messages are e-mails that have partially processed by the archiving soln. I need a way of resolving the conflicts so that the second phase of the archiving can take place. Archiving process as follows:in phase 1 a mail is moved from users mailbox and placed in a PF, an imp.note.arch1 file is left in the users mailbox as pointer to the mail in the PF. The second phase moves the mail from the PF and secures i...