web based email

Is it possible to use Outlook to receive and send using a
web based account. I have MSN.
What are the advantages and disadvantages?
Does anyone know how to set it up?
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
0
ynd97 (1)

Change Report Title before Emailing
On the cmdUpdate_Click button, the record is appended to the permanent file, a report is generated and emailed, and the form is cleared for the next record. I would like to append the date to the report title. The date currently prints as part of the subject line of the email, but I do not want the recipient to have to change/edit the document name. I posted on the Report page but have not received a reply. -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M =?Utf-8?B?bSBzdHJvdXA=?= <mstroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:45811C3B-F028-4ACE-8419-8B077EC3E9F5@microso...

HTML graphics on email
When I started using Outlook 2007, those messages that had graphics, showed graphics. Now it seems that some emails disprlay propery while others don't. I believe I've checked all the obvious settings that Outlook help suggested and yet the situation remains the same. Anyone have some suggestions ???? PLEASE???? TIA -- phoneguy518 What exactly does not work for you? Which behavior do you get and which behavior were you expecting? If you get placeholders or a red X where pictures should be, even when you tell Outlook to download the images, clear your Outlook's ...

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

Role-based authentication from active directory
Hello, I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the network (Active Directory) How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based) Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular page. Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this. Thanks On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda" <biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in t= he > network (Active Directory) > > H...

saving emails in outlook
anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items onto an iomega zip drive? robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items > onto an iomega zip drive? Create a new PST. Copy to it everything you want to save. Close the PST and close Outlook. Copy the PST to the zip drive. All done. -- Brian Tillman Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST? Thnaks >-----Original Message----- >robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlo...

External email for Administrator
I have no need for an external SMTP address for the administrators account. So I create a fakeadmin@fakedomain.com and set that as the primary SMTP address. I then remove the administrator@mydomain.com. Problem is SBS appears to want this in there. It will recreate administrator@mydomain.com and set it as the primary seconds after I make the change and apply the changes. What gives? Allen: There is a recipient policy that is running and reapplying the email address to your admin account. If you don't require a mailbox for the admin account, you can remove it (the mailbox that ...

grouping mails based "read" status
I want to group mails based on the read status. UnRead mails should b one group and read messages in another group. I searched for th "Customizing Views", but I could not figure. Any idea from the group? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can group by read status. You could sort by the Icon column... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to t...

importing 'emails' similiar to importing contacts, etc.
In Outlook, there is an import/export feature....I've always imported and exported my contacts from a database, not a big deal...anyway, is there a way to import emails that I want to send out? For example, if I set up an Excel spreadsheet with column A would be someones email address and column b would contain their address, etc. can I do that? In other words, I want to import emails to be sent out....I know there is a way to use Word to do that, but then my anti-virus thinks something is being sent outside of Outlook, I know the errors,..... brad Try this - move one mail to ...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Can't send email all of a sudden, can only receive
This has never happened before. I can receive, but as of today, cannot send email. I am running Microsoft vista home premium, and windows mail. I didn't change any settings, and it was working fine yesterday. Here is my error message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Can anyone help ...

Email Problem #5
I have set up outlook to connect to the Yahoo Pop server. I can successfully send emails using Outlook but receive the following error message when soing so: Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.comhelp/us/mail/pop/pop--.html' I seem to be unable to receive emails into my Outlook inbox. I have contacted Yahoo and followed all the instructions they gave me. They told ...

Set value based on dat entry in another form
Hi all, On my main entry form I have a check box ("Has Complaint") and when the user clicks on cmdAddComplaint (opening frmComplaint in add mode) the check box is set to true. If for some reason there is no complaint added and they close frmComplaint, returning to the main entry form, how can I reset the check box to false. Thank You, Nick Nick X <Nicknnator (no) @ (spam) aol.123com> wrote: >On my main entry form I have a check box ("Has Complaint") and when the user >clicks on cmdAddComplaint (opening frmComplaint in add mode) the check box is >set...

How do I read secure email?
I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. I have installed my digital ID and I can send out signed email. However I cannot read email encrypted with my public key. It works just fine in Outlook Express but Outlook just gives me a blank message. How do I look at the data? You have to use your private key to read your secure mail. It's encrypted with the public key that everyone has, but only you have the private key to read it. Are you sure you've set it up correctly? I believe it's case-sensitive. If you told the public key one thing and the private key something different, you'r...

How can I not display an Exchange Email in GAL?
Hi, I know there's a way to prevent an Exchange 2000 account from being displayed in the GAL. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks. Sam Enable Advanced features within Active Directory Users and Computers 1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers 2. In the console tree, click the <your domain> node. 3. On the View menu, click Advanced Features. Hide the mailbox 4. Navigate to Active Directory Users and Computers | <your domain> | Users 5. Right click on the user you wish to make hidden from the GAL and select properties from the me...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

I would like to set up my emails by date w/a space inbetween each
Up until a few minutes ago I had my emails separated by a date (i.e. Mondays emails, Tuesday's emails, etc.) I don't know what I did but I would like to change the view back to being able to go to Monday, Tuesday, Last Week, Last Month. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Outlook version please? You can probably find the option to "show in groups" under the view menu/tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/K...

Email service for members...
We are an association (ABC.org) that offers an email service to our members that allows them to sign up for an email address that ends in the same domain as that of the staff at our headquarters. For ex, a doctor could sign up for: drJohnson@ABC.org and provide a 3rd party email of drjohnson@yahoo.com so all email sent to the @ABC.org is forwarded to the yahoo account. Currently, our ISP maintains a list of all doctors that participate in this service and filters for email sent to those email addresses and fwd's them to the 3rd party address so they never reach our Exchange server. ...

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

Problems using xs:anyAttribute in a base class
I using anyAttribute in a base class and this is causing problems in a derived class. I then use xsd to generate C# classes that serialize and deserialze XML. The following schema is what I'm using: <xs:complexType name="BaseType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ObjectID" type="xs:integer" /> <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="strict" /> </xs:complexT...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Updating selected area in OnPaint in a dialog based application
I have a rather difficult to explain issue and would try again if the information below is unclear. We have a dialog based application which consists of a few controls (3/4th screen) and a graphical area (1/4th screen). My job is to implement selection of any part of the screen and then either paste it in a document or print to the printer. I am able to implement selection of any part of the client area and then either copying it to the clipboard or sending it to printer. I have a problem with maintaining the selection after the window is re-painted for any reason. I am basically using PatBl...