WAV in signature

I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook, but I
haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will play
automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the signature -
does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Joe in Florida

What version of Outlook?  Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead
for animated gifs and wave files?  Does anyone?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darth Ferret asked:

| I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook,
| but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will
| play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the
| signature - does anyone know how to do this?
|
| Thanks in advance,
| Joe in Florida

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/2/2004 8:30:18 PM
If you don't know how - I'd rather that you just didn't answer.
Joe [mcsd] in Florida

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:OtyvQFPGEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> What version of Outlook?  Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead
> for animated gifs and wave files?  Does anyone?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darth Ferret
asked:

> | I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook,
> | but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will
> | play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the
> | signature - does anyone know how to do this?
> |
> | Thanks in advance,
> | Joe in Florida

I won't want to be one your recipients, getting an annoying email that keeps
playing some tune. With your attitude you must be a real pest.

"Darth Ferret" <noneavailable@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you don't know how - I'd rather that you just didn't answer.
> Joe [mcsd] in Florida
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
> wrote in message news:OtyvQFPGEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > What version of Outlook?  Do your friends *really* appreciate the
overhead
> > for animated gifs and wave files?  Does anyone?
> >
> > --�
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> > the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
> > account will be deleted without reading.
> >
> > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darth Ferret
> asked:
> >
> > | I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook,
> > | but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will
> > | play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the
> > | signature - does anyone know how to do this?
> > |
> > | Thanks in advance,
> > | Joe in Florida

No - I never said I wanted to use it to email all of my friends. I just like
to tinker until I make something work. But why am I explaining myself to
you? I think the pest is someone who posts - with nothing useful to add.
"Mercury" <Mercury@matchmail.net> wrote in message
> I won't want to be one your recipients, getting an annoying email that
keeps
> playing some tune. With your attitude you must be a real pest.
>

> "Darth Ferret" <noneavailable@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > If you don't know how - I'd rather that you just didn't answer.
> > Joe [mcsd] in Florida
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
> > wrote in message news:OtyvQFPGEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > What version of Outlook?  Do your friends *really* appreciate the
> overhead
> > > for animated gifs and wave files?  Does anyone?
> > >
> > > --�
> > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> > >
> > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> > > the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
personal
> > > account will be deleted without reading.
> > >
> > > After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darth Ferret
> > asked:

No need to flame here. They make good points which might want you to
reconsider what you are asking before people are spending time trying to
find you an answer.
This goes untested but try placing the following tag in your HTML signature
bgsound src="http://www.someplacewithamidi.com/somemidi.mid"

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"Darth" <noneavailable@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No - I never said I wanted to use it to email all of my friends. I just
like
> to tinker until I make something work. But why am I explaining myself to
> you? I think the pest is someone who posts - with nothing useful to add.
> "Mercury" <Mercury@matchmail.net> wrote in message
> > I won't want to be one your recipients, getting an annoying email that
> keeps
> > playing some tune. With your attitude you must be a real pest.
> >

> > "Darth Ferret" <noneavailable@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > If you don't know how - I'd rather that you just didn't answer.
> > > Joe [mcsd] in Florida
> > >
> > > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> > <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
> > overhead

> personal

Ferret
> > > asked:

> outlook,
> will

0
Roady
4/3/2004 6:43:48 AM
Oh, I know - it just depends on the version of Outlook, which is the first
question I posted.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darth Ferret asked:

| If you don't know how - I'd rather that you just didn't answer.
| Joe [mcsd] in Florida
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message
|| What version of Outlook?  Do your friends *really* appreciate the
|| overhead for animated gifs and wave files?  Does anyone?
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darth
|| Ferret asked:
||| I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in
||| outlook, but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV
||| file that will play automatically when an email is opened. Can this
||| be added to the signature - does anyone know how to do this?
||| Thanks in advance,
||| Joe in Florida

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

WAV in signature
I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook, but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the signature - does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida What version of Outlook? Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead for animated gifs and wave files? Does anyone? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

Signature issue in Outlook 2003 (Word 2003 editor)
My signature is formatted as Arial Regular 10 Blue. When I begin a new message, it appears onscreen as Arial BOLD 10 Blue. I have deleted and redone several times. Solution anyone? Are you editing your signature in Word or the Outlook editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jenn asked: | My signature is formatted as Arial Regular 10 Blue. When |...

.wav file issue
Greetings all: I created a small PowerPoint 2007 .pps file and in it is a 17mb .wav file. My intent is to attach the file to an email and send it to someone. I published the .pps to a folder then sent a test email to a 3rd party system, attaching the .pps file that then resided in the created folder. The works fine on my system, but does not play in the test system. I've received scores of .pps files in emails and sound plays. What am I missing? Thank you. "pinger" <pinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33009843-0AF8-436E-988A-9D...

Outlook 2007 Signatures
I created an html signature with a table, style tags defining the font, and absolute paths for hyperlinked images (two images butted together on the footer in a table column so that if you click image one you go to one url and image two you go to a different url) using Textpad. I then put the .html file in the Microsoft Signatures directory and edited the text from the generic template and saved it. The images live on our web-server in a dedicated directory. If I send an email to myself with no signature and only a subject, Outlook 2007 says that the size of the resulting email is 9KB....

Signature and text format query
I have created a signature which inserts automatically when I click New, Reply or Forward in Outlook. But when right clicking a file and selecting Send To, Mail Recipient it opens a new untitled message in Plain Text with a signature/footnote ("The message is ready to be sent...). How can I have that message open up in HTML format instead? Also, how can I set it up so that my own signature that I have created automatically appears when the untitled message opens up (instead of having to insert it manually afterwards)? The same question applies when I have an open file (eg: ...

Cannot Open .wav attachment in Outlook 2002
Having problems openning and saving Unity (.wav) files received via Outlook 2002. Receive the following Warining Message: "Cannot save the attachement. Can't creat file: VoiceMessage.wav. Right-click the folder you want to creat the file in, and then click the Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." ...

Spellcheck & Signature
How do enable spellchecking when sending out e-mails through the CRM client (via the browser)? Also, how can I insert a signature through the browser? Thanks You may find this useful: http://crmuser.blogspot.com/2005/11/spell-check-e-mails-in-ms-crm-part-2.html "circulent" wrote: > How do enable spellchecking when sending out e-mails through the CRM client > (via the browser)? Also, how can I insert a signature through the browser? > > Thanks great thanks "Jo Savidge" wrote: > You may find this useful: > > http://crmuser.blogspot.com/2005/...

Signature #9
I am trying to create a signature to go in all of my emails. I used the outlook help, but the "signature picker" button is not able, so I can't do it. Is there some way I can enable the signature picker? Did you get an answert to his question? I am having the same problem EXACTLY. Please help if you can. Thanks rodtrenholm@cox.ne ----- C. Johnson wrote: ---- I am trying to create a signature to go in all of my emails. I used the outlook help, but the "signature picker" button is not able, so I can't do it. Is there some way I can enable the si...

Convert wav file to wma lossless how?
What is the simplest way to convert a wav file to a wma lossless? I ended up using adobe audition. But shouldn't there be a way to do this in windows media player itself, since it can read the file, it can also rip CD into wma lossless, so it should be able to covert wav into wma lossless, but using "save as..." I don't see such option. Running vista, WMP version 11. As far as I know, you can't manually convert files with WMP. The easiest way to do this is probably with dBpoweramp Music Converter - http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm You might need dBpow...

Adding HTML signature
Hi, I created a nice signature, using HTML Editor, with the marquee tag - to enable moving text in my signature. When I am using the built editor for composing new emails, everything is working flawlessly, but when I use "Word 2003" to edit my emails, instead of attaching my signature, there is just a big red "X" appearing and that's it. The signature never attached. It is important to me to use Word, since it's editor is much better. Can anyone help me, how to solve this problem? Thanks, Amir. The Good Guy <ami77a@hotmail.com> wrote: > I crea...

play .wav file
I sthere any way to play a .wav file in VBScript in VISTA without using a media player. I tried using wmplayer, but there is no way to start it windowless or get rid of the window after it plays (i.e., no command line parameters as Xp's sndrec32). Thanks, Don Am 27.03.2010 22:22, schrieb DRA: > I sthere any way to play a .wav file in VBScript in VISTA without using a > media player. I tried using wmplayer, but there is no way to start it > windowless or get rid of the window after it plays (i.e., no command line > parameters as Xp's sndrec32). Hi afaic...

Outlook 2003 drops signature settings after update
We have 3 machines out of 20 that drop the settings made to Signatures/default signature for new messages/default signature for replies and forwards whenever an Office update (probably a junk mail filter update) is installed. Any idea what causes this behavior? -KK ...

wav file format
Hello, I am trying to write a *.wav file. I read about its format and now I can write a *.wav file but when I am trying to play it with Media player, it reports that the file is corrupted which I think means that there is a problem on the file format but I couldn't find what is it. Is there any application that could read a wav file and report if there is any problem in its format? Is there any code that helps me to find what I can use to write a wav file? Any help is very appreciated. Best regards Have you seen www.wotsit.org? "ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote i...

assign a wav sound to a cell value
how do I assign a wav sound to a cell value? I have a column with OR statements. when a cell in that column turns TRUE, I want to hear a wav sound. how can I do this? ...

Can the location of signatures be changed?
In the previous environment (WintNT,Outlook 98) we stored the signatures for Outlook on the user's home shares(without roaming profiles). Now this seems not as easy (WinXP, Outlook 2002). Roaming profiles is still not an option but we can't find a way to change the default location (C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures). I found that changing the name in reg-key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\General\Signatures corresponds with changing the foldername in the previous mentioned user-folder. chaning it to a diffent drive doesn'...

WAV Files
Does any one know how to Graph a WAV file or represent a WAV file numerically. I need to analyze different WAV files. Steve Hi Steve............ I don't know much about it myself, but I did a Google search for "wav file analysis" and got a couple pages of hits.........one talks about a GUI for Wav-file analysis........... http://www.usna.edu/EE/links/ee_links.htm and another, an AudioSeparator......... http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22wav+file+analysis%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c 2coff=1&as_qdr=all&start=10&sa=N and another, a SIGVIEW audio analy...

.Wav files have no sound???
I have Windows 7 Pro (64bit) with WMP12. When I try to listen to any .wav file there is no sound. Every other format works and I can hear the content through the speakers. So I tried installing Quicktime to play the .wav file and what do you know, same problem, it plays but there is no sound. Any ideas??? ...

Outlook Signatures and Logos
Hi, I want to add a signature with a logo in Outlook. I have followed the directions on how to do so, however when I send the signature, the logo does not appear, and the text formating of the signature is made uniform (the italics and bold text are made normal.) Have I missed something in creating the signature, or is it the way the computer on the other end is receiving the signature? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin The receiver must support HTML formatted e-mail -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create ...

Signature Capture As POS
hi, I have a TT1500 connected to my RMS Appication; it work Ok when tested.It's using the OPOS object just find;but when I do a transaction at POS Screen and Tender out the dialog box come up for the credit card info;but nothing comes up asking to capture a signature and yes the tender type is set in manager to require a signature. can anyone help me out. thank you. Wendy Wendy, Did you follow _all_ of these steps? http://tinyurl.com/axuu7 -- = "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242A9...

Electronic Signature
We are looking for a solution that will allow us to electronically sign invoices and store this in the database attached to the sop invoice number. Any Ideas? -- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. Go to www.meritsolutions.com "Kate Hulit" <KateHulit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34E37238-0A2E-4DF4-967B-4D87D93526FF@microsoft.com... > We are looking for a solution that will allow us to electronically sign > invoices and store this in the database attached to the sop invoice > number. > Any Ideas? > > -- > Kate Hulit > Asyma System...

Automatically adding a signature to an email in CRM
Any suggestion on how to add a signature automatically in a new email activity in MS CRM 3.0? Thank you, Ed Podowski Hello Ed, Try our Email-Signature for MS CRM 3.0. You can get detailed information at www.mscrm-addons.com. Regards, Christian Ternek _________________________ www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! WordMailMerge for MS CRM GroupCalendar for MS CRM Telephone Integration for MS CRM EmailSignature for MS CRM > Any suggestion on how to add a signature automatically in a new email > activity in MS CRM 3.0? > > Thank you, Ed Podowski > Cre...

My WMP library contains wav files best way to convert to mp3
I'm loading my Vinyl albums into WMP as WAV files. I've completed 100 and now have a very large file (48G). How can I convert the WAV files to MP3 without having to recreate my WMP library. i've split all the tracks and renamed them and added art work. I've converted the wav files to MP3 but when I drag the converted files into my WPM library I get a red X next to track that is associated with that file. If I do nothing will WMP automatically convert the files when I sync a device to the WMP? WMP supports transcoding When syncing, the files will be translate...

To Play a .Wav File
Hi, I wanted to play a.wav file. This is what i have done DWORD WINAPI PlayRing(LPVOID lpParam) { CString strFileToPlay; strFileToPlay = "Pulse.wav"; BOOL bRet; bRet = PlaySound(strFileToPlay,NULL,SND_FILENAME|SND_LOOP); return 0; } BOOL CDialogIncomingCall::OnInitDialog(void) { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); //play the ring tone thread here and stop it when reject is pressed HANDLE hThread; DWORD dwThrdParam = 1; hThread = CreateThread(NULL, // default security attributes 0, // use default stack size PlayRing, ...

MP3 - WAV
Hi all, I am looking for a "small?" section of code to convert MP3 to WAV, (and back to MP3 if possible). Does any body know where I could find such an item? I do not want to use DirectX. Many thanks. Regards. Sims Hello, Search for "LAME" Regards, Elias ...

Outlook and signatures
Hi. When I get a mail in RTF or HTML and I want to answer the font is setting the default text to Arial. Is that possible to change. //Mariah MN <MN@nospam.com> wrote: > When I get a mail in RTF or HTML and I want to answer the font is > setting the default text to Arial. > > Is that possible to change. When you reply to a message, Outlook will use the same format as the original message. You can then change it manually if you want. -- Brian Tillman tools, options, mail format, fonts button specifically, but you have other options on that tab as well - includin...