want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring

Hi All,
I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a
rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific
string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject
line.

i.e. lets take the sting as Foo
Filer if
            Foo is in the starting
don't filter if
            if the Foo is not in the starting.

if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me
know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it.

Thanks
Anand

outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can count on
always having the same leading letter - ie, "a foo"  -  you can create an
exception in the rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Anand V" <anand.vijayvergiya@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a
> rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific
> string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject
> line.
>
> i.e. lets take the sting as Foo
> Filer if
>            Foo is in the starting
> don't filter if
>            if the Foo is not in the starting.
>
> if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me
> know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it.
>
> Thanks
> Anand

0
outlookmvp (5838)

filtering contents of listbox when form opens
I have a form with a listbox. The form is opened by a call from another form. I would like to filter the contents of the list box with either openargs (or something similar). I know how to pass the value with openargs but not sure how to apply the value to filter listbox contents. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks BRC Assign the openargs value to a variable, then use the variable in a sql string to make it the listbox's rowsource. For example, (pseudo code) mystr= me.openargs strsql="Select yourfields from table where field =mystr" me.listbox.rowsource= strsql ...

how to know rowindex after filtering
Hi, Via VBA i filtered a sheet. Basically i should have as result only 1 row. How can i know what is the rowindex (figure in the grey column margin e.g : 873, or 34245,...) ? thanks a lot, Maileen One way: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = Nothing On Error Resume Next With ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Set myCell = .Resize(.Rows.Count - 1, 1).Offset(1, 0) _ .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells(1) End With On Error GoTo 0 If myCell Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else ...

want questions

Custom views, filters sensitive, in a share workbook an protect sh
Dear All, I am facing problems to use a custom view in a share wookbook with a protect sheet with filter allowed. I desire each user to save theirs scenery, including filters, but it does not work. Furthermore, when I select custom view in the View menu, Excel diplay the message: "Some view settings could not be applied". I will be glad for any help! -- Andre Fernandes ...

receiving email messages 01-09-10
Hi there I hope someone can help. I have been using Windows Mail for several years with my current ISP and experienced no problems. I have just been away for 10 ten days and since I have come back Windows Mail will not download new emails. I keep getting the following: Account: 'pop3.slingshot.co.nz', Server: 'pop3.slingshot.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 I have already tried the following: 1 turned off avast VP 2 turned off firewall 3 deleted accounts and created new ones 4 spoken to Slingshot (my isp) who have ...

How to Filter in to another sheet
See http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs ...

I want more!

How to reapply an advanced filter automatically
I have used a filter and list formatting to create the worksheet the wa I want it and the data refreshes (from external links) when I open th workbook. But the advanced filter has not been applied.. it works if I click o it in the menu bar. How can I re-apply this filter automatically when The data is refreshe ? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would try recording a macro that firstly performs the data refresh, and then the filter. Hope this helps Paul Falla >-----Original Message----- >I have used a filter and list formatting to create the worksheet the...

IMF Filter is filtering local email
Installed service pack 2 with IMF v2. I have 1 Exchange server in which outlook clients connect to. Internet email and internal email first pass though another server (anti-virus) then it is forward to our exchange email. Currently our fax machine which produces .pdf files then forwards the fax via email to the receipient. The fax machine is a domain user with an email account and address, however the IMF keeps tagging the email as a 7 then it is deposited in the archive folder. All IP external and internal IP address have been added with in Exchange manager. Any thoughts? Most p...

Filter Default on the Opportunities Associated View?
Does anyone know how to change the filter default on the Opportunities Associated View? Within Accounts, it defaults to "Open"... and I would like to change the default to "All". Any ideas? Don't know if you've already solved this but here's the answer: Go to "Settings" and then "Customization" and then "Customize Entities". Doubleclick the entity you want to change eg. "Opportunities" Then click "Forms and Views" on the left and click the view you want to be the default so that the row is selected. Cli...

sends some but not emails
I can send messages to hotmail accounts and to a few (very few) people, but most never receive my emails. I have tried disabling norton but that doesn't seem to help. When sending to hotmail acounts they get the messages within 30 seconds, but messages sent to people outside hotmail will NEVER get them. I have 'send immediately' checked and it says it is sending, but it never goes anywhere. I am using Outlook 2003 with XP sp1. I also have Norton Internet Security with Norton Antivirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ...

Text want wrap in text box

Junk E-mail filter won't disable.
Our environment is OL2K3 and Exchange 2K3. I have a few clients starting to complain that legitimate emails are being put into the Junk E-Mail folder. They have filtering set to none. In fact, two so far were not set to Cached mode and had to have it enabled in order to change the Junk E-Mail setting. Any ideas how to fully disable the OL2K3 Junk E-Mail filtering? thanks in advance. Hi, 1. Do these users have anything on the "Blocked Senders" tab? 2. Are you running any client-side anti-virus software? Thanks -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Smooth lines for 3-D pie charts?
I know this question was posed a long time ago, but I am hoping that a solution to the problem has been found. I am working in Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher, and cannot get smooth lines on my pie charts. Running Office 2003 on WinXP. I have tried all variation of Copy/Paste and Insert Chart Object, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

email recipients
Hi I am trying to understand why I am now unable to delete an email recipient from a drop down list that appears when you are typing the first couple of letters of a name in the TO box e.g. duplicate first names David Hill David Judd I have in the past deleted by right clicking on the name and delete. Outlook 2002 office XP SP2, windows 2000 pro sp3. Second to this I have another user that is unable to receive the auto list even with it enabled. Any help appreciated. Grant Do you arrow down to the name and press delete? If you are and it does not work, then it sounds like your nk...

default subject line
In outlook 2002, is there anyway you can create a "default" subject line. For instance I have a mail box that I only send out emails with the subject line reading... Your new Logo!... I have to type that in every time I send out an email. Anyone know if there's a place in outlook to have that come up each time a new email is created? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Have you tried creating a new form? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

Outlook 2000 have an error closing any email message.
Outlook 2000 Professional crushed when I closed any open email messages. The operating system is Windows XP with SP1. The error message is, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I look into the error report details and it contains, AppName:Outlook.exe AppVer:9.0.0.2416 ModName:Outllib.dll ModVer:9.00.2711 Offset:000871b5 When I open Outlook 2000 again, it opens without any login password. I did the "Detect and Repair..." option but that didn't work. I uninstall the whole Microsoft Office 2000, de...

How can I save a publisher file in a format that can be emailed.
I produce a small newsletter in Publisher. I would like to be able to save it in a format that can be emailed, not as a publisher file, which takes too long to download. willie*the*weeper wrote: >I produce a small newsletter in Publisher. I would like > to be able to save it in a format that can be emailed, > not as a publisher file, which takes too long to download. ============== Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Pri...

internal emails between branches
Hello, I have Exchange Server 2003, Windows Swerver 2003. I have a two branches company and i have exchange server installed in each branch with the same organization name and a central Active Directory between the two branches. How to step by step, configure the exchage so that when sending emails from branch A to branch B or visa versa to be considered as internal email and not internet email? Any help would be highly appreciated. >a central Active Directory between the two branches Do you have a single AD Forest? In that case, both the Exchange servers should be in the same Exchang...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Eliminating duplicate emails in a users account
I have a user that ended up with a large number of duplicate emails. What is the best way to fix this problem. ...

MS oultook slow reply when original email has HTML
We are using Exchange 2000 SP3 with mix of outlook clients 2k, 2002 and 2003. Some users have html footer attached with a small picture and that is enough to cause significant delay when you try reply or forward an email. Are there any fixes for this problem? Thanks LP In my way is disable use word to edit email from outlook\tools\options\Email message format -- Jammy "LP" <leop@charm.com> ���g��l��s�D:1r9ed.909$Do4.756@chiapp18.algx.net... > We are using Exchange 2000 SP3 with mix of outlook clients 2k, 2002 and > 2003. > > Some users have html footer a...