Visual C++ Runtime Error stopping outlook 2002

I have a very strange problem that I need to ask for help
with ..... I had MSN explorer and Outlook working
together quite well for a while, with Outlook Connector
working well to take my MSN and Hotmail emails into
Outlook.

Then MSN Explorer and that email client started to get
flaky, so I uninstalled them. That left Outlook 2002
(with all current service packs) operating fine until
yesterday when I started to get a lot of messages telling
me that the Outlook Personal Folders had not been shut
down properly (they had) and time was spent checking the
folders before the programme opened.

Then all of a sudden after doing this check, it then came
up with a big error message saying

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

(address of Outlook.exe program file)

This application has requested the runtime library to
terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the
application support team for more information

I have since tried everything short of re-formatting my
hard drive and re-installing everything. I have tried a
repair installation of Office from the disk; then a full
deletion and re-installation from disk but nothing will
get Outlook to run - it justs give the termination
message and as soon as I click OK Outlook exits.

What can I do - what is happening? Can anyone HELP <g>?

best regards

Bill

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

No Current Record error
I have a form with a subform on it. When I open the form with the acFormAdd option (to add a new record) I get the error "No Current Record" on the following: Me.RecordsetClone.MoveLast which is in the load event of a subform on the form. The statements Me.RecordsetClone.MoveLast Me.RecordsetClone.MoveFirst are in my subform so the "Item n of n Items" label box will show the correct number of items. How can I avoid this error message? Robert When you open a form in add mode, it does not load any records. Consequently, the instruction to move to the ...

Get an error when opening Public Folders
When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. Do I need a MAPI client on the server like Outlook? I always thought it was a big no no to put Outlook on the same box as Exchange is installed. Thanks On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:35:02 -0800, "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token >supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 > >Do I need a MAPI cl...

How can I change Outlook menues from german to english ?
In my Outlook installation all menues and texts are written in german. How can I switch the GUI language to english? Sven ...

Error Message ???
Where can I check for an explanation of a particular error message ? example... Error 10055 : No buffer space is available.... Is there a help file for this where I can search the error number and it will tell me the solution or cause of this error ? thanks Greg, Depends on the error message and when and where it happens. I use Google, Microsoft.com, CustomerSource Knowledgebase for starters. This particular error seems to be a Windows TCP/IP Sockets error, too many connections to a machine. I've seen this when you attempt to connect more than 5 machines to XP Home or 10 mach...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

HP Image Editor files default to C:\ directory
Re: HP 3970 Scanner Hello Everyone: Maybe someone here has or has used this scanner and knows the answer. I will make my question as straightforward as possible. Once I have scanned an image and 'saved it,' it defaults to the C:\ directory unless I choose another location. If it is saved in another directory, it will not show up on the image editor so I unable to print or edit the image. Is there a way to change the settings so that an image is automatically saved to a default location other than C:\ or do I have to move an image to the C:\ location each time I ...

Outlook integration issues
We're running Outlook 2K3 and the CRM client with ver. 1.2, when I try to import the contacts list it tells me that Outlook cannot be started even if it is running. Can anyone assist me with troubleshooting this issue. ...

Outlook hangs and will not Open
Hi, I have not been able to open my Outlook. It will begin to open in Personal Folders, then it just hangs and will not open. When I do a ctl/alt/del it says it is not responding. I have tried repairing,uninstalling and reinstalling several times and it keeps doing the same thing. Can anyone help? GS With Outlook closed, search your computer for the HIDDEN file outcmd.dat Rename it outcmd.old and try to open Outlook. Any better? "Gail Smart" <gsmart1@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:06b701c356f3$2ef97d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have not been able to o...

Testing for error : was 2nd Occurence
I have my statement working OK, thanks to all. =INDEX($E$1:$E$62933,SMALL(IF($B$1:$B$62933=B62938,ROW($E$1:$E$62933)),$F$2)) When the name is not found in the array, I have a #NUM error value. Is there a way to test for error, and replace with a zero to the above statement please? As an aside, I had the devils own trouble getting sense from the above statement, when I used the array E2:E62933 (I had a header row, and felt I not need to include in the array) when I used E1:E62933 everything worked fine. Why is that? Thankyou. Rodney The error part comes from the SMALL function so y...

OUTLOOK.EXE is attemp to connect to a DNS server
Hi, When start outlook on a laptop, all of a sudden I got the message on the subject line. Can't find anything on Google. Nothing has changed on client or server. Any idea is appreciated. Many thanks ...

Outlook 2007 starts to open, then disappears. No error messages.
Says it is "data binding" on bottom left. I recently did some "clean up" things using Glary Utilities, like registry cleaner, duplicate file remover, registry defrag, C drive defrag. I have 4 email addresses coming into Outlook. 3 are POP, one is exchange. My other Office programs are working fine. It is strange that there isn't an error message. I have done an Office diagnostics and Windows update. -- Thanks so much! Hard to say after you used all those Registry Tools which are all snake oil remedies. It is possible and more likely that you r...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Those of you with a 0x8004210A error message on Outlook 2003's Internet Mail, read this. I've made it work here
Hi everyone I'd been fighting this one for some time and finally got things working today. I noticed there were lots of questions about it on these newsgroups and not many answers (no offense, just what I found). Anyway, I got tipped off by an article on the Microsoft site, but one I found by accident. Here's what I did: I searched the entire system drive for the Inetcomm.dll file, and found two. One was iirc in Windows' SYSTEM32 folder, the other in some ServicePackSomething folder. The files were different versions (the SYSTEM32 one being newer, as expected). What I did was...

C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings
Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings to excel? Thanks DLL.c #ifdef BUILD_DLL #define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport) #endif EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){ return num + 2; ...

mailbox error
hi i have a problem with mailbox, i can't mount the mail box and public folder "noush" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4d3201c473d4 $22ce1a50$a601280a@phx.gbl: > hi > i have a problem with mailbox, i can't mount the mail box > and public folder > What's the specific error? Was there any kind of disaster recovery or Restore done to the server? Thanks Chasy -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of ...

C++ equivalent?
Hi, In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++: series->MarkerSize= markerSize; c# series.MarkerSize= markerSize; Thanks, Dan. On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote: > In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: > series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; > But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. > > > Wher...

CRM 3.0 installation error!
Hi i'm having problems when i try ti install CRM 3.0, this is the error that i get: "Terminal Services are installed in server mode that is not supported by reporting Services Setup. Switch to terminal services Remote Administration mode for the time of install" Can any body tell me how to switch to the Remote Administration mode?? Thank's for your time. It's possible to change the terminal services mode by changing the setup of the terminal services. Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs ========================= Maarten Dominicus ACI b.v. The Nether...

Outlook Express: unable to locate emails & address book
My 4 year old Dell Dimension running Microsoft ME failed had to boot. I became very concerned that I had lost my many files & documents, so I created a new folder on the same hard drive, and in which I installed Windows-XP Professional. The files were also converted from FAT32 to NTFS file system. The system now boots beautifully, and I was able to recover all my files & documents. However, I have not been able to locate my e-mails nor my address book with all my contacts. I unfortunately had not taken the time to save them to a specific folder, but I thought that by re-configu...

Error code 1603
Just recently, I downloaded version 7.1 for my Wireless Mouse Explorer v.2 and tried to install it. It does not ending in an error code 1603. I investigated that error code and found no helpful explanation under Microsoft's support except for the extraordinary helpful hint that this error is by design ...HuuH? What a BS. I followed all instruction by removing Intellipoint, did a Clean up afterwards etc. Still no success. I had to install the old version 6,2 and even this caused some problems. At one time I had a MS techie from India on the phone and he saw what happened and...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Reoccurring Edit Links Error
I have built a workbook that has links to a worksheet in another workbook in the same folder. Recently, every time I update my links, I receive a pop up that states: "This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated." However, when I click on "Edit Links", I only have links to one source worksheet (the worksheet previously mentioned) with Status being OK. Since status is OK I do not know why I continually receive this error. I have checked all buttons and names and they do not appear to have links to other sources. Does anyone know why this messag...

Stop users modifying distribution lists
Hi, I am new to E2K We have a problem with global address lists or distribution groups within the GAL basically we do not want the users to be able to modify these groups when using outlook. I have looked at permissions etc but dread changing anything as i have read other posts on google where this has gone wrong. Is it possible to stop users modifying the lists in outlook. I would suspect it would have something to do with being a manager of the said distribution group so no one else can change it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...

Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool?
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was installed successfully but when I open Outlook and pull down the file menu there is no "Backup" item listed to choose as Microsoft's instructions say there should be. I tried it twice with the same result. Yes, Microsoft verified that it was a legal install of Outlook on my computer. Suggestions please. Bob did you reboot >I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup >tool for Outlooks 2003. It said that it was in...

Syntax Error
Hi Everyone I got these code from "Allexpert.com" that I will modify for my use if I can,but it's giving me a "Syntax Error" at the "IF" statement. Playing around I always get a error at the "IF" or the "For" statement Can anyone help me Sub ChangeColor() Dim LastRow_1 As Integer Dim LastCol_1 As Integer Dim Data_1 As Range Dim LastRow_2 As Integer Dim LastCol_2 As Integer Dim Data_2 As Range Dim Sh_1 As Worksheet Dim Sh_2 As Worksheet Dim X As Long Dim Y As Long Dim C_1 As Range Dim C_2 As Range Set Sh_1 = Active...