Vista, Outlook 2007, Only Opens in Safe Mode

1. Vista laptop
2. Outlook 2007
    a. Will not open unless opened in Safe Mode.
    b. After closing, must kill "extra" process in Task Manager before
opening again.
3. Only error in Event Manager is "terminated unexpectedly" or "session
ended with a hang"
    a. Probably due to me killing the process.
4. Same result by clicking directly on the .EXE in C:\Prog...\Outlook.exe
5. Same result running as Administrator
6. All updates applied.

PLEASE HELP!!!

HeroTheCat wrote:
> 1. Vista laptop
> 2. Outlook 2007
>     a. Will not open unless opened in Safe Mode.
>     b. After closing, must kill "extra" process in Task Manager before
> opening again.
> 3. Only error in Event Manager is "terminated unexpectedly" or "session
> ended with a hang"
>     a. Probably due to me killing the process.
> 4. Same result by clicking directly on the .EXE in C:\Prog...\Outlook.exe
> 5. Same result running as Administrator
> 6. All updates applied.
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!

Have you run the scan repair tool?  It should be sitting in

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\SCANPST.EXE"

Close all instances of Outlook first (kill them in Task Manager if you
have to) and then run this checker.

How are you opening Outlook?  If from the Desktop Icon, check it's
properties, it maybe doing it via .lnk file.  You should have an Outlook
icon in the Quick access tray to the Left on the Task Bar.  Try using
that.  It should have properties

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE" /recycle

Note yours will not have the /recycle switch at the end.  I added that
and seems to make things more stable.  You can put it in by Right
clicking the icon (in the quick start tray) and select properties and
add it to the end of the string (outside the ")

Frenchy
0
Frenchy (15)
6/20/2008 1:41:18 AM
do you have any addins?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"HeroTheCat" <HeroTheCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1. Vista laptop
> 2. Outlook 2007
>    a. Will not open unless opened in Safe Mode.
>    b. After closing, must kill "extra" process in Task Manager before
> opening again.
> 3. Only error in Event Manager is "terminated unexpectedly" or "session
> ended with a hang"
>    a. Probably due to me killing the process.
> 4. Same result by clicking directly on the .EXE in C:\Prog...\Outlook.exe
> 5. Same result running as Administrator
> 6. All updates applied.
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!

0
outlookmvp1 (464)

"Cannot add outlook-specific information to the store"
I export my Outlook 2002 calendar information from my notebook and Email it so I can import the calendar on my desktop. It previously worked fine; now I get the error message, Cannot add outlook-specific information to the store". Any help? ...

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

outlook 2003 and word not behaving
I recently upgraded my office 2000 pro to office xp 2003 small business ed. However, since I did that there seems to be some strange conflicts. Sometimes I can' open attachments (specifically nothing happens), or if I try and open a word document, nothing happens. also outlook and word feel slow when they do work. Is this a conflict with norton?? (I did uncheck "enable office plug-in" as per instructions in one kb article, but that hasn't done the trick...) Or is this a processor/memory problem?? (PII 866 with 128mb of ram, plenty of HD space) Thank you in adv...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

upgrading: from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002
I'm current;y trying to upgrade a home computer. I'm replacing Windows 98 with Windows 2000 and also installing Office 2000. With my current set-up I'm using Outlook Express as my mail. When all is said and done with my upgrade procedures I want to be using Outlook 2002. The problem I have is that it seems that Outlook Express does not have the same file extension as Outlook 2002 (.PST). My plan is to do a full new install of Windows 2000, which will delete everything on my computer, application wise. Then I'll have to reload programs, etc. I can't figure o...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

outlook net folders
how do i get rid of OUTLOOK.EXE HAS GENERATED ERRORS.....blah blah blah I have done everything in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;297010 i want to know how to stop this from ever happening!!!! thanks in advance Hello, The "blah blah blah" part is critical. Also what OS are you on, and Ver of Outlook? Is the computer always doing this after 10 minutes in Outlook, or 30 seconds, or trying to Send/Recieve? Mor Microsoft Messaging Support 3+ years, Front Line TSA1 "neal smith" <nealxpert@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:12a8e01c3f635$aefe...

Outlook 2003-->Outlook Connector--> MSN Mail Problems
This is a long story, but I'll try to make it brief. I want to connect from Outlook 2003 (SP1) to My MSN9 Mail account (Dialup), using the Outlook Connector (I am running Windows XP SP2). #1. Because I have had so much trouble going from Outlook 2003 to MOOL to MSN Mail, I tried connecting directly from Outlook 2003 to MSN Mail. No problem! Works great connects almost 100% of the time, sends and receives email. Only problem is I can't utilize Calendar and Contacts. #2. OK, so I download the MOOL and install it and it says it is configured to connect to my MSN Mail account. Wron...

CANNOT COPY OUTLOOK.PST
Whenever I attempt to copy outlook.pst (Outlook 2003) I get the following error message: Error 0X800070021 The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. Is there anyway I can unlock this file as I do need to copy it elsewhere? Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions? HankL Is Outlook fully closed, and not a running Process? "HankL" <hlaskin@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message news:O18BimsEKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Whenever I attempt to copy outlook.pst (Outlook 2003) I get the following > error...

Outlook "6 Limit"
I'm a member of a small workgroup using Outlook 2000. We had been using the Appointment feature of the Outlook Calendar to enter the shifts people were working. This worked quite well. Any of us could see at a glance, who was working when, on any given day. Then, we added our 7th Associate, and discovered the Daily View was limited to 6 side-by-side [overlapping] entries. The entries for all seven Associates can be seen on a different view. But, this view is way too clumsy for our purposes. Does anyone know if this 6 limit is a true limit; or is it administratable? ...

OUTLOOK FIELD NAME
Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me??? Bye.... how in the heck did you get that far, i can't figure any of it out ----- giuliano wrote: ----- Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me???...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

Outlook 2003, Customize the Address Card when entering a new conta
Help ? At work, we use Outlook all the general information is entered on the general tab. We also have 3 fields under the all field tabs that we needed entered. Is there any way to add boxes to the general tab, several employees forget to click on the gneral tab. How can we customized the address card view ? Suggestions, thank you. ...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Outlook 2003 #36
Anyone out there using outlook 2003. I seem to have a problem and not sure why. In the Junkmail Options if you select Safe Lists Only it should only allow items in your lists or in contacts. Well, it lets all mail through even the just mail... Anyone else having this problem? -Mark No, I'm not having that problem at all. I'd double check everything in your lists to make sure there isn't something funky (yeah, it's a technical term) floating around in one of them. "Mark" <vbrenegade@cableone.net> wrote in message news:eXkr5VtrDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

Outlook Signature Issue
Working with Outlook 2007 & 2003. I have scanned my handwritten signature an inserted it into the email. The dimensions of the image had to be reduced to keep in line with the text. I find that I must resize this image for each email. Is there any way to make the image dimensions permanent? Guidance sought Modify your scanned picture in a photo editor to resize it. Save that images and use that picture instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and mor...

Outlook rule does not work
I am trying to handle some of the spam I get by using Outlook (2003) Rules. I have created a rule where if the body of the message contains the word 'hoodia' to delete the message. It simply does not work. I can see the word, and it is not obfuscated using any HTML tricks, but when I run the rule, the message is not deleted. Any ideas? Judging by the lack of response, should I assume that Outlook 2k3 rules just don't work? Thanks rswoods <rswoods7@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to handle some of the spam I get by using Outlook (2003) > Rules. I have created ...

How to export Notes from Outlook?
I'm trying to export my Notes from Outlook 2010. I have managed to get some information into a CSV file but all I have are the headings for the notes -- the bodies of the notes are missing. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? With thanks, Gerry On May 16, 12:11=A0pm, Gerry Wolff <gerrywolf...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to export my Notes from Outlook 2010. I have managed to get > some information into a CSV file but all I have are the headings for > the notes -- the bodies of the notes are missing. > > Does anyone know of a solution to this prob...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

How do I get two sets of contacts in Outlook
I want to dump all my Act! contacts into a seperate database of contacts that is different from my current contacts in Outlook 2003. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance! You can create a separate folder for for the new contacts, or you put them in the main Contacts folder and use categories or some other criteria to group or filter the Act contacts when needed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7EC0E28A-4F04-445E-9C31-560D203988CA@microsoft.com, ...

Outlook help #4
When using Outlook i am able to receive mail in my inbox but when I am attempting to send mail it only goes to my outbox and gives me an error. The error reads as follows: Task "bellsout.net- Sending' reported error (0x8004210B): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' On 10/22/2003 4:02 PM, Mr. Davis wrote: > When using Outlook i am able to receive mail in my inbox > but when I am attempting to send mail it onl...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Outlook 2003 GAL only lists on Lastname when checkname feature use
I have a person who has noticed a difference between Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000 handling of autoresolution in email addresses when creating new emails. Under Outlook 2000, in the TO: field of a new message the ALT+K feature will check the Global Address List (GAL) and list contacts based on Lastname and Firstname. Example - I type in 'adam' and the contacts returned will list the 'adam*' lastnames and contacts with a firstname of 'adam'. In Outlook 2003, the same setup will only return contacts based on Lastname. You can get the Firstname listing by clicking o...

Importing Outlook Express Address Book into Access
I have done this before, but can't figure out how I did. Please help. Thanks for any help. I believe you need to export it first from OE, then import. If that doesn't help, post back with what versions you're using and what you've already tried. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Owl" <Owl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BAB247A-CBB2-4E6B-8485-5C5D3AAB8915@microsoft.com... >I have done this before, but can't figure out how I did. Please help. > > Thanks for any help. ...

when opening excel I receive a message that says file can't be fo.
When I try to open excel, I receive a message that says Files\microsoft.xls could not be found. Check spelling of the file name and verify that it is correct. I click ok and then get a message saying Office\office11\excel.exe could not be found ... with same message. I'm clicking on the desktop shortcut but this happens even when I go to programs. This started happening not too long ago and I thought XP might have had problems with my office 97 so I just upgraded to Office Small Business 2003 and have the same problem. Ken Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Optio...