VIRUS? : Sending Emails

Over the past few days I've gotten several 'mail undeliverable' messages
which I'm convinced are legitimate. They have all the proper tagging from my
ISP, and the format and layout is all correct etc.

Problem is I never sent any of these emails, I fear my computer is being
used to send spam! Anyone have any information on this, please?

If requested I can email a copy of an email I received like this one.

Thx in advance,
J.R.

It is a virus indeed but you don't have to be infected yourself. A virus
searches on the infected computer for a "From" and "To" address. When the
"To" address is not valid then the "From" address will receive an
undeliverable message.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
"J.R." <spamtrapjorosar@spamtrapjorosar.com> wrote in message
> Over the past few days I've gotten several 'mail undeliverable' messages
> which I'm convinced are legitimate. They have all the proper tagging from
> my
> ISP, and the format and layout is all correct etc.
>
> Problem is I never sent any of these emails, I fear my computer is being
> used to send spam! Anyone have any information on this, please?
>
> If requested I can email a copy of an email I received like this one.
>
> Thx in advance,
> J.R.

0
Roady
3/1/2004 1:20:28 PM
"J.R." <spamtrapjorosar@spamtrapjorosar.com> wrote in message news:<OTv#mN4$DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Over the past few days I've gotten several 'mail undeliverable' messages
> which I'm convinced are legitimate. They have all the proper tagging from my
> ISP, and the format and layout is all correct etc.
>
> Problem is I never sent any of these emails, I fear my computer is being
> used to send spam! Anyone have any information on this, please?
>
> If requested I can email a copy of an email I received like this one.
>
> Thx in advance,
> J.R.

I just posted the same question I think. The subject is "Emails can be
received but not sent from Outlook"

Have a look - unfortunately I have no solution as of yet, but I think
if we have the same problem we can help each other once we do find a
solution.
0
markb1501 (2)

how do i know my email address
i dont know how i can give friends addy of outlook look in to tools, accounts, view or change email accounts or if you have mail in your inbox, open a message and double click on your name in the to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to E...

Cannot Send Mail on Dialup But Can On Broadband #4
I use Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. In each case, I have it configured to send/receive mail from about a dozen accounts on two different servers. On my laptop, I am able to both send and receive mail when I am connected via broadband, but only send when on dialup. I have noticed this in hotels and at worksites. For example, when staying in a hotel, if I dial in (I use AOL), I can receive mail but cannot send it. However, if I decide to purchase the hotel's broadband option, I can both send and receive. I found the same thing while working at a client...

How does email tracking work?
We're having an issue with email tracking and I want to understand the process in hopes of troubleshooting. We use the Outlook client and CRM Router. When I send a tracked email externally and get a reply, I know a rule fires that forwards the reply to another mailbox which does the tracking. Shortly after receiving the message, the message's icon in Outlook changes to the CRM icon. What's triggering that change? Something gets updated on Exchange? I've never noticed a delay. I thought it was the same rule that does tracking and changes the icon. -Elie Wildman TS_CRM ...

Viruses
I heard that Outlook is not really as risky as one would think about getting a virus attack and that Outlook Express is what is usally attacked. Is there any truth to that? Can anyone share any experiences they have had with virus attacks and Outlook? Please tell us your version number too. Thanks These two articles will give you a clue as to which versions of Outlook are most at-risk. Short version: if you use a current version and have all updates installed, you are quite safe from everything except your own stupidity. http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2005/up050120.htm#preview http...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...

sending email 07-04-10
I keep getting the following when i try to spend an email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'oops i did it again!‏', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: '587', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E what do i do? please help me thanks "chels" <chels@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:C7562EE0-6CF9-45B8-B8C3-B0E06C0B2E30@microsoft.com... >I keep getting the following when i try to spend an email: > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'o...

error sending messages in outlook 07, account settings okay
Hello, This problem is giving me a huge headache, Recently everything was working well on my Vista OS, outlook 2007. Now I can't send out any messages, only receive. The messages stay in my OUTBOX and I get an error message when sending. Outlook is trying to send them but it can't. Account settings are good. I have 2 different user profiles crated on Vista with different e-mail accounts and outlook stopped sending on both of them. Don't matter which I'm logged in to, mine of my wife's it still doesn't work. I am also dual booting my PC and when I login to my XP ever...

Send To as attachment
When I click the Send To (As attachment) from withing MS Excel, Outlook Express opens. When I do it from withing Word, AOL Opens. I want AOL to be the default for MS Excel too. How do I change this? ...

Problems sending out but able to receive
We had an issue were our existing exchange server hung and would not allow us to log in to it. I was able to add a new Exchange server and do a mailbox move. All the mailboxes are on the new server and are able to receive from the outside. They are also able to send and receive from internally, but we are unable to send out to any one. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, jeremey on your SMTP connector that routes out to the internet is your b0rked Exchange server the bridgehead server? Also change your new server to the routing group master /o "Jeremey" <J...

Help! send/receive button won't work
Hello, I have just reinstalled Outlook 2002 after uninstalling the evaluation version of Office 2003. When I click the send/receive button on the toolbar of Outlook I get a message in a popup outlook dialogue box "the operation failed". The history: I have just completed the evaluation of Office 2003. When I installed the evaluation version it overwrote outlook 2002 with ver. 2003. This did not happen with any of the other applications such as word, excel etc. In fact if I remember correctly at the time of installation it gave me the choice and I said I wanted access to O...

can't delete or move emails
i have over 3000 emails in my inbox and had to do a repair on the pst file because i could not view any of them. repaired successfully and able to view but now outlook will not let me move or delet the mail files. thanks in advance. shelby ...

send and receive error message #2
I have used Outlook 2002 for a few years without problems. I just got a computer with Outlook 2003. The test signal for the email account account settings (POP3) worked fine . I can not however send or receive messages. When I attempt to send or receive I get a message: "the operation failed and object can not be found". I am not attempting to embed an object. What am I doing wrong? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

Can't send emails
I can't send emails but can receive. Don't know why? Can you please assist? Thanks kameisturtle@gmail.com My crystal ball is broken, Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ricku\y" <Rickuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B740D77-DF16-4B4E-8B57-7A6A2A9C1A23@microsoft.com... >I can't send emails but can receive. Don't know why? Can...

unable to send or receive e-mail
unable to send or receive e-mail. problem began first as a send issue, now both send/receive. operating from hotel dsl. help Contact the Hotel DSL Help desk. We can't help you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, charlied asked: | unable to send or receive e-mail. problem began first as a send | issue, now both send/receive. operating from hotel dsl. help ...

Mail sending estriction
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 with SP1. I have a group of users and i want that users belonging to that group can send mail only within that group but can receive mail from anywhere. Please help me how it is possible. Regards, Abhishek. ...

Outlook 2002 won't send email
Emails are not sending. They just stay in the outbox. Everything is configured correctly as far as I can tell. Any suggestions? ...

Virus e-mails
I posted a Question Oct 4 at 11:45 PM "Balanced or Mixed Asset Funds" Sence then my e-mail address has received hundreds of virus carrying e-mails every day some purported to be from Microsoft or Postmaster, etc. My virus S/W deleted them and I don't run .exe e-mail attachments. My e-mail is overloaded and useless. Only the e-mail given to this newsgroup is effected. Why are our e-mail addresses included in the post? To whom should I report this? It is not just this newsgroup. The spammers have software that scans all the newsgroups and pull out anything that look...

unable to send e-mails
When I try to send an e-mail, I get a message that the e-mail was undeliverable because "relaying is not allowed." Jonathan <toob5878@uidaho.edu> wrote: > When I try to send an e-mail, I get a message that the e-mail was > undeliverable because "relaying is not allowed." Are you properly authenticating to your ISP's outgoing server? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn'...

AVG Virus software
Hi, I use the free version of AVG. When I looked at my VIRUS VAULT I saw about 10 entries, some described as virus, but I am not sure what to do to get rid of these things. Do I select EMPTY VAULT or else select each item and click on DELETE ? Thanks, Peter Since it's not part of Windows XP, you would ask here: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum "Peter Buttuls" <ye025@victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message news:%23dhtl4%23hKHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... : Hi, : I use the free version of AVG. When I looked at my VIRUS VAULT I saw about : 10 entr...

Cannot send e-mail #7
Hi All! Cannot send e-mail. Error is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mci hi speed', Server: 'smtpauth.mcihispeed.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I can send e-mail on other machine on the network. "M Mordkovych" <jcberg_no_spam_@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:ucgzs33IGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All! > Cannot send e-mail. Error is : > > Your server has un...

Emails not updated in mailbox
I am a new user to Entourage and have discovered that it may take hours for my new messages to find their way into my Inbox. Sometimes when I close and reopen Entourage the messages will appear, sometimes not. I create a new account with the same settings and they are downloaded but not the existing account. Now the new account stopped updating as well. Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance, newbie On 6/3/10 2:49 PM, in article C82D8D84.1B8E%angela.criswell@rigaku.com, "Angela Criswell" <angela.criswell@rigaku.com> wrote: > I am a new user to Entou...

send and close
Word 2003 Hi , When you send a Word doc as an e-mail, there is a button for "Send a Copy". How can I get Word to close automatically after I click that button. Do I have to do it via code or is there another button that I can put in the tool bar. Thanks, Joel ...

Blank email #5
Hi, Since last friday, when I try to read my emails, I can't. Outllok starts normally, my emails appears but in the reading panel, nothing appear but the window that is behind Outlook. If I open a message, I can't see anything but the window that is behind that message window. Hope someone can understand what I mean... I tried to uninstall the reinstall Outlook without success. Anybody can help me ? What version of Outlook? Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume you're running Outlook 2007. I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean. On a "common" set...

Lost the send button
Have been using Office 2003 for a week and today tried to send an email and can't find the send button. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it??? Tony "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:gilof.24809$Y72.7584@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > Have been using Office 2003 for a week and today tried to send an > email and can't find the send button. Has anyone had this problem or > know how to fix it??? > Tony > > Right click in the menu bar. Examine the menu options that appear as if by magic...... TonySper <tsp...

MCE sending multiple #'s to IR Blaster (changing channels)
I recently switched from cable to DirecTV (satellite). I went through the "Set up TV signal" in Media Center, and I went through the manual setup of the remote as it didn't recognize the DirecTV remote. All seemed okay, except sometimes (often - about 1/2 the time) when I select a channel in Media Center's guide it sends 5527 instead of 527 or 5446 instead of 546 - so it doesn't change the channel correctly. (I see the numbers show up on the TV screen before the channel changes.) I tried re-learning the remote, but the problem is still there. (Media Cent...