Virus? #2

My scanner and printer are refusing to work and sometimes my internet cuts off half way through looking at a web page. have i got a virus?
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi,

it seems to be a trojaner. Please looking for a software
call spybot it is freeware and install it. This software
founds trojans and other critical things.

0
Bravestar (248)
5/18/2004 8:40:12 PM
On 18 May 2004 10:21, "Charlie" wrote:
>My scanner and printer are refusing to work and sometimes my internet
>cuts off half way through looking at a web page. have i got a virus?

Maybe.  Very difficult to tell from the little information you've offered
here.  I'd suggest you try posting this in the Microsoft.public.security.virus
newsgroup (this group is for Outlook support) and be sure to indicate what
operating system you're running and more detail about the symptoms.
Ultimately the problem may be more complex than can be resolved via a
newsgroup so you might also consider contacting a professional in your
area for assistance.
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

0
bens1 (1425)

Item Combiner #2
I have recently purchased item combiner to resolve a series of issues create when we implemented GP over 2 yrs ago. The main question is; I need to combine items together that are setup as tracked and not tracked. I understand that the module wont allow this to happen, but has anyone ever modifed say the non tracked item in SQL to be tracked, then combined the items together? Thanks JPR The problem would be the lack of history for the formerly untracked item. I would simply discontinue the non-tracked item so it wont be used in future transactions and transfer the inventory quantity...

2 seperated cluster of bars on 1 bar graph?
I would like to have the data for the moths of 2004 and then the same months for 2005 on the one bar graph BUT all 2004 together on say the left of the X-axis and then a space and the 2005 group clustered on the right of the x-axis. is that possible? Mike OK - I have got the seperation I needed by reworking the data so that the 2004 months are all together(before each 2004 month had its 2005 partner next to it) and then having a blank column followed by the months 2005 data. BUT how can I het the same colour for the month in 2004 and 2005 the same ?i.e november 2004 and 2005 say red ,...

Viruses
I heard that Outlook is not really as risky as one would think about getting a virus attack and that Outlook Express is what is usally attacked. Is there any truth to that? Can anyone share any experiences they have had with virus attacks and Outlook? Please tell us your version number too. Thanks These two articles will give you a clue as to which versions of Outlook are most at-risk. Short version: if you use a current version and have all updates installed, you are quite safe from everything except your own stupidity. http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2005/up050120.htm#preview http...

Change overlap of 2 columns on 2 axes
I am trying to plot 2 columns of data on the same X-axis but on 2 Y-axis plots. But the columns are overlapping and I can't see one set of data. I don't want them stacked and changing the gap and overlap width doesn't seem to do anything. Suggestions? Hi, You need to add 2 dummy series to act as place holders. Example data set in range A1:E4 B1: =Left C1: =DumRight D1: =DumLeft E1:=Right A2: =One B2: =1 C2: =0 D2: =0 E2: =3 A3: =Two B3: =2 C3: =0 D3: =0 E3: =2 A4: =Four B4: =3 C4: =0 D4: =0 E4: =1 ...

Older version #2
I recieved an e-mail attachment of a .pub file. I tried to open it but got a message 'Publisher cannot open files from a differant version' I use Office 2000 and Win XP. Ia there any other way I can open the attachment? Thanks for any help!!!! Peter What version is the attachment? If it is the same version as yours and you have Norton, disable script blocking within Norton and try to open it again. If you cannot open it, send it to me and I will convert it for you. Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news...

dwbb #2
kjbds --- Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component - Post Made from http://www.DotNetJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching. ...

Email newsletters in Publisher 2003 #2
I already have publisher 2003 and have been asked to create an html newsletter. Problem is some viewers can only see in plain text, and as soon as I make any changes to any of the email newsletter templates, it throws out the text only version and repeats things etc. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this as I'm getting rather annoyed with it now! Thanks You have no control over your viewers settings - some people don't have their browsers enabled to view html email. You can include a message in your email for them to go to a URL where they can view your html message...o...

Domain upgrade #2
Hi, What do I need to upgrade first - the NT4 domain to 2003 - or - the Exchange server from 5.5 to 2003? Regards S Domain. On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:45:26 +0100, "SW" <SW@Not-Spam-Not.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >What do I need to upgrade first - the NT4 domain to 2003 - or - the Exchange >server from 5.5 to 2003? > >Regards >S > This depends, is your 5.5 server also your PDC ? I hope not, this might complicate things :P "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > Domain. > > > > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:45:26 +0100, "SW"...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

global address list ex 5.5 #2
global address list is not replicating (intersite) ...

Virus like behaviour but no virus
G'day Hope I can get some help with this one 1)Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 2) I have scanned the server for viruses using two reputable brands and no virus has been detected. I have an Exchange compatible virus scanner; no viruses. 3) The SMTP service is running; The Exchange Virtual SMTP server is stopped. 4) As soon as the virtual SMTP server is started my link is flooded with outbound traffic. If I then pause the virtual server the flooding continues. If I stop the virtual SMTP server the flooding stops. 5) I cannot see anything in the queues. Getting desperate so any suggesti...

Virus e-mails
I posted a Question Oct 4 at 11:45 PM "Balanced or Mixed Asset Funds" Sence then my e-mail address has received hundreds of virus carrying e-mails every day some purported to be from Microsoft or Postmaster, etc. My virus S/W deleted them and I don't run .exe e-mail attachments. My e-mail is overloaded and useless. Only the e-mail given to this newsgroup is effected. Why are our e-mail addresses included in the post? To whom should I report this? It is not just this newsgroup. The spammers have software that scans all the newsgroups and pull out anything that look...

AVG Virus software
Hi, I use the free version of AVG. When I looked at my VIRUS VAULT I saw about 10 entries, some described as virus, but I am not sure what to do to get rid of these things. Do I select EMPTY VAULT or else select each item and click on DELETE ? Thanks, Peter Since it's not part of Windows XP, you would ask here: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum "Peter Buttuls" <ye025@victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message news:%23dhtl4%23hKHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... : Hi, : I use the free version of AVG. When I looked at my VIRUS VAULT I saw about : 10 entr...

MODE #2
XL2002 SP3 Win XP HE i have a problem with MODE function which seems to return an incorrect value. "MODE(number1,number2,...) Number1, number2, ... are 1 to 30 arguments for which you want to calculate the mode. You can also use a single array or a reference to an array instead of arguments separated by commas." My array is much larger than 30 values. Could it be the reason for the incorrect value returned by MODE? If so, is there an alternative function to calculate it dynamically--without using the static ANOVA tables, etc.? tx! -- An array reference such as A1:A100 i...

Attachments in Outlook 2002 #2
What, if anything, determines how a file is attached in Outlook? Sometimes it is put in the ATTACHMENT bar, other times it is INSERTED in the body of the message. I would like to set it to always be in the ATTACHMENT bar. Thanks Jim Never mind................I found it. In outlook, under TOOLS..OPTIONS..MAIL FORMAT.... If your Mail is set to HTML, then the attachment will be placed in the Attachment BAR below the Subject Bar. If your MAIL is set up as RICH TEXT, it will put the attachment in the BODY of the E-Mail. >-----Original Message----- >What, if anything, determines how ...

Data Sort #2
I am wondering how to sort cells/rows in groups. Each group will contain many rows containing product info for a given day. Each group will also contain ONE "Total" row i.e. price, total nutrients, etc. Even though each row in the group will have the same date, sorting by date changes the order within the group (there is no column that has asceding data for Excel to look for a second condition for the sort) usually putting the "Total" at the top of the group, which screws up the calculations. I also need to be able to enter/change data in the groups. Colorado Greensk...

Investment activities and tax reporting #2
I have an investment account. There are some transactions in it which correspond to 'Activity = Dividend'. Their amounts are 'transfer'ed to a checking account. In the checking account, I see 'Category = Transfer >From : investment account'. These transactions cannot be added to a 'tax line'. I can't have these transactions automatically picked up for my tax report. Am I missing something? What is the intent of the design of Money regarding these transactions and tax reporting? I am using Microsoft Money for Small Business. I understand that for a trans...

Undeliverable messages #2
I have suddenly started getting tons of 'undeliverable' messages through outlook for addresses I have not mailed! I have no viruses that I can find and no adware, etc. I have both Nortons and SpyDr loaded on my PC and no other problems. Any ideas? "ChrisB" <chis@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eTCnXUX2FHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl > I have suddenly started getting tons of 'undeliverable' messages > through outlook for addresses I have not mailed! I have no viruses > that I can find and no adware, etc. I have both Nortons and SpyDr > ...

Insert date automatically #2
I have a worksheet that has to be updated every working day of my company.How to insert today's date next to yesterday's date in date row,What function will insert the date automatically after 12 in midnight by considering that date is a working day or not for the company? I will try to answer your 2nd posting (a duplicate) of same question. "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> > will insert the date automatically after 12 in midnight by considering that ...

I think i have a virus
I have a problem with exchange. each time I start it up the internet connection comes to a stand still. I looked into the queues and found a huge list of domains with messages. I noticed that is I stop the virtual SMTP server the internet comes back to life, I ended up delete all the queues and uninstalling reinstalling SMTP. But still I have the problem? any answers? It might be that one of your accounts is compromised. Disable SMTP relay for authenticated users and change passwords on all accounts. AlanM wrote: > I have a problem with exchange. > > each time I start it up t...

email virus alerts
I am getting tons of Email virus alerts with the address coming from MS Corporation Public Assistance, MS Corporate Security Internet Department. What does this mean. Is there anyway I can set this up so that it automatically deletes it from my inbox? See www.microsoft.com/security and you'll learn that this junk is not from Microsoft. Spam detector software can usually detect and handle this stuff. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms margie wrote: > I am getting tons of Email virus alerts with the address > coming from MS Corporation Public Assistance, MS ...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

countif #2
Hello, Is there a formula that will count the number of cells that are a certain colour? The reason I ask is because the reason for colouring the cell is very random with no pattern. Possible? Thank you, Denise Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <050801c38453$c3547530$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Denise" <denise_blinn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a formula that will count the number of cells > that are a certain colour? The reason I ask is because > the reason for colouring the cell is very random with...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #2
I Skin the CDialog based windows,in the window,the Minbox and MaxBox and CloseBox are exist,the title bar are Owner drawed of cause and the three "button",They show well,but the button in the task bar that stand for the Dialog ,does not work well, when the dialog is active,you click the button in task bar the dialog can not hide(Or as we say the dialog in min state.). thanks, Tylor ...

Ingenico i6550 #2
I have a Ingenico i6550, it only show one item when i keep scaning the items. Can anyone configure it to show multi items from top to bottom?? Thank you. ...