Viewing pictures from e-mail

I have Outlook 2000 and Windows XP home addition.  When I
open pictures attatched to e-mail they open in Microsoft
Poto Editor and I can only view one picture and have to
close it and open the next.  When I open pictures from My
Picturs they will open in Picture and Fax Viewer and I
can click the arow to go to the next picture.  All of the
other computers I use open pictures from e-mail with
Picture and Fax Viewer.  I can not find any help on
changing this.
0
lorenar (1)

Cannot Check Mail
For some reason the internet on the desktop started working today, the laptop is still looking for a dial-up connection (when I look at the connection for the wireless internet it says that It is connected and working fine but Outlook, IE6, and OE6 aren't looking for it). Bob "Bob Newman" <bob.newman@cox.net> wrote in message news:9kvwe.6774$up5.1612@lakeread02... >I have wireless cable connection for my laptop and have been trying to set > up a wireless network with my laptop & desktop after running the network > connection wizard on my laptop it told me...

Field Link Not appearing on Task View
Dear all, In PWA, there are some field "Link" that does not correspond to the one in Project Plan. In fact, i want to use the hyperlink field so the user can click and be directed to the folder. However, when i insert this link on Microsoft Project Plan, this field does not appear on PWA, it seems there are problems of migration for some field between PWA and Microsoft Project Plan. Does anyone ever encounter this kind of problem, Thanks for your reply Yann: If you are looking to expose one of the built-in Project fields, then you want to use the HREF field, w...

Blocking inbound mail with Exch 2003
Has anyone had any success blocking inbound mail in 2k3. If so what steps did you take to make it happen I have an older version than you but in 5.5 this is done in Internet Mail Service, Connections Tab, Message filtering button. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone had any success blocking inbound mail in 2k3. >If so what steps did you take to make it happen >. > It depends on HOW you want to block it. If you want to block ANY email from a specific server or IP address, then you use the "connection filtering" (in ESM, under Global Settings, R-click &quo...

Calendar Custom Views & Saved Searches
My views in Calendar seem to appear and disappear inconsistently in the Folder List. Sometimes I'll click on either the Calendar button or Calendar folder and my preferred Month view displays, but the Custom Views list does not. Then if I click on the Calendar item in the Favorites Bar, the views list will suddenly appear. Another major problem I'm having with Calendar Views is that except for one, "Holiday", when selected this view displays a list of all the events in category "Holiday" and I believe is one of the default views included with the Entourage...

Hide "e-mail addresses" tab in outlook
Hi, I've modified both English and French "detail template" int the "recipient" folder of Exchange system manager. I try each template with the "test" button, and it's ok i don't see anymore the "e-mail addresses" tab. But in Outlook (all version) the "e-mail addresses" tab appears for all users in the "All users" list. How to do in order the modify "detail template" will be effective in outlook. Thanks ...

Send mail using addresses in Access?
Hi, We have a membership list in Access 2003. We'd like to send an email to all the members that have an email address. From Outlook 2003 I haven't found a way to use the addresses in Access. I tried running a query, exporting it as .csv and importing it into Outlook. This requires a non-trivial amount of cleaning up (I used Notepad) to make all the addresses look good. I could import the addresses into Outlook, but, once there, I could not do anything with them such as put them into a distribution list. Is there a way to get the email addresses in Access attached to emails in O...

Setting Outlook as Default Mail Client
I get a message every time I open Outlook that tells me to run Outlook and set it as Default Mail Client. It is currently set as the Default, but I still get this message. I have followed all the instructions and it shows as the default. This message box even pops up every time I turn on my computer telling me there is no default mail client assigned. Any ideas? Scott Go into Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab and set the mail client to Outlook Express. Select apply and then change it back to Microsoft Outlook. That might be enough to force a rewrite ...

How do I remove the thick border from the table view.
We use publisher for printing labels (8 per A4 sheet) and at the end of the design process we have to move the sheet sideways to get the labels centred at the printer. This we do, but is there any way to suppress the appearance of the annoying top and side table borders when the "select all" is deployed? These camouflage the edges of the sheet and make aligning difficult. Please help, Frank Frank ok, let me get to grips with your post - difficult. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? Why are you not setting up the Layout guides correctly and save it as a T...

Contacts List in E-mail OL 2003
I have recently reinstalled Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I have imported the .pst file from the old computer and contacts show up in the list in "contacts" on the main page. However, I can't figure out how to get this same list recognized as my contact list for sending e-mail using OL 2003. Help!? Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey Be sure you configure the Outlook Address Book correctly: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;287563 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Chuck Humphrey" <cehjr43(REMOVE)@gambling-law-us.com> wrote in message news:...

lost e-mail in compactor
I got this message suggesting I compact (my wife's) e-mail, to free up space--so I said yes. It compacted her e-mail and hid it all somewhere--we can't find it. She uses e-mail for her address book, and she doesn't save anything. She has e-mail from WAY back. Anyway, does anyone have a guess as to where the e-mails went? It's Valentine's day and I'm in the doghouse...Thanks! fat37ply@nc.rr.com I've never seen Outlook offer that message, however, Outlook Express suggests compacting folders after the 100th use. If this is what you were doing and the proc...

E-MAILING FROM GP
How can I have my users e-mail from GP. These are all remote desktop users as well? ok I was too quick with the return key. I'm currently using GP 8.0 and I have my users log into their session via Remote Desktop. So I want them to be able to e-mail and fax Purchase Orders and other documents from within Great Plains. When a user clicks on Send To: they can't do anything else, all users have e-mail addresses and profiles on their PC's, but since we are doing this via terminal service/remote desktop I don't think GP see's their mail profile. "Al" wrote...

How do I move all mails from exchange 2000 to a new 2003
Hi, What is the best/easiest way to do this: I have a server environment with some windows 2000 servers and one exchange adv 2000. The exchange server has about 15 mailboxes. Now I want to build up a new server environment with a new domain. All the users will have new accounts on the domain and new mailboxes. But, all the mails from the old system needs to be transfered. What is the best way to do this... and are there any problems? Exmerge? Best regards Martin Is there a particular reason for building a new domain and moving users? If you really need to build a new domain, for a small...

moved mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 now no mail! please help!!
joined an exchange 2003 server to an existing 5.5 site. as a test before moving ALL mailboxes, i moved mine... from the 5.5 box to the new 2003 machine... all went fine, no errors. i opened outlook and all my messages were there and i was able to send an email. however when someone tries to SEND me a message it gets bounced back to them with: Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure please help! restarting hte MTA on the 5.5 box seems to have fixed the problem... <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:hlMmd.10167$hc5.4993354@news4.srv.hcvlny...

Junk mail filters dont work in conjuction with rules
I have recently upgraded to outlook 2003 and I have found that if I use rules, the junk mail filters dont work. I have 2 basic rules setup that move mail to specific folders depending on which account they come from. When the rules are enabled, the junk filters dont work regardless of the protection level. I have the feeling that the rules are also pulling the junk mail out of the junk folder and sorting them as when I do a large mail download, you can see mails flashing in an out of the junk mail folder. Is there any way to make the junk mail filter overide all other filters? Amit ...

View pic in preview pane
Is it possible to customise the preview pane in such a way that attached pictures on recieved emails can be seen immediately, instead of having to save them before hand?? How do you view the answers to these questions?? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to pre...

Mail Merge and Postcards #2
I have created a postcard that is 4 to a page. I want to do a mail merge and have each card on a page to have a different address printed. What happens is that one adddress goes on all four cards since it is still essentially one page. Is there a way to do a mail merge with postcards that will merge a different address on each postcard instead of one address for each page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Todd Change the page setup to the size of a single postcard and then under change copie per sheet click on print multiple copies. Info based on Pub2002. Ron Cohen &quo...

E-Mail #6
I tried to change the e-mail rules so e-mail is distributed to the proper personal folder. All the e- mail is routed to one folder that is not specified in the rules wizzard. I can't delete existing rules and I can see that rules are duplicated in the rules wizzard menu box. ...

MS Access -All the possible routes one can travel through to get from A to E
I am trying to come up with the VBA code I can use in a small application I've inherited to do the following: The access database list a number of cities and the length of the roads that link them Each city is not necessarily directly connected to each other (see example below) What I am trying to do is come up with a list of all the rotes which link a given point to another (in this case point A to point E) The sample database has only a handful of cities/ roads but the real listing may contain a 200 cities and 130 roads Can any of you provide me so guidance as to h...

Junk mail #8
I am using outlook express and receiving a ton of junk mail. I am told that if I use outlook 2003 I can avoid most of this junk. I am running MS XP professional but do not know how to access outlook 2003 if it is on my computer, any help appreciated. Bob You need to buy Outlook 2003 in a Microsoft Office 2003 package (Basic Edition is cheapest). Outlook 2003 does not automatically come with any version of Windows. "Bob" wrote: > I am using outlook express and receiving a ton of junk > mail. I am told that if I use outlook 2003 I can avoid > most of this junk. I a...

Read Mail
I tried using (TcpClient client = new TcpClient("pop.gmail.it" , 110 )) using (NetworkStream n = client.GetStream()) { ReadLine(n); SendCommand(n, "USER user"); SendCommand(n, "PASS pw"); but it tells me Login Failed Can you help? Thanks. Assuming user and pw are placeholders, what if you test using telnet ? Do you read the response after the first command ? Is your account POP enabled and are the parameters correct (you should have those on your account) ? At least in...

Re cannot send intenet mail....HELP!!!
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: Re: Cannot send internet mail... HELP!!! From: "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 5/2/2004 6:00:00 PM Ok, I was able to telnet to both my home server and hotmail, the two addresses I'm sending to. I did have two external IP's under virtual\delivery\configure DNS. I removed them. Still no luck. My MX record is hosted by an external DNS server. Do I need an MX record on my internal? I do have an MX record on the internal with the FQDN of the Exchange/DNS s...

Locate a mail folder in hierarchy
Originally posted to "microsoft.public.outlook.general": I'm use to Thunderbird (TB), where the mail folder tree is implemented as a file folder tree outside of the mail reader app. In outlook, I created a mail folder "Subject1" and put into it messages related to Subject1. Obviously, I didn't put it where I thought I did; it was nowhere to be found when I ran into more Subject1 messages later on in my Inbox cleaning. In TB, I can use the file search to look for where the Subject1 folder resides in my hierarchy. I can't do that in Outlook. Is there a good ...

male automatically to Yahoo mail
Hello, I have been able to make when we click mail, it will atuomatically bring us to MSOutlook form and fills the email address on the send to: My question is how can we make it to automatic go to Yahoo mail, because most people use general/pbulic mail Thanks for your help -- H. Frank Situmorang Frank Situmorang wrote: > Hello, > > I have been able to make when we click mail, it will atuomatically > bring us to MSOutlook form and fills the email address on the send to: > > My question is how can we make it to automatic go to Yahoo mail, > because most people use g...

Filtering all incoming mail for a particular sender or senders.
I work in a bank, we have had several people with non-compete agreements leave recently and they appear to be violating their non-compete agreements, contacting existing employees to try and hire them. I would like to setup a filter in Exchange so that when an e-mail comes in from 'exemployee@mynewemail.com' comes in, it gets routed to a different internal e-mail box, and is never delivered to the intended recipient. Is this possible to setup somewhere in Exchange 2003? You can't selectively route inbound email from particular address(es) to a particular internal recipient ...

e-mail notification to Users after they've been added into BP
This came from a customer - Would like this feature in BP. After a BP administrator has added a domain user in BP with the appropriate roles - have a feature in BP that would allow an e-mail to be sent to the doamin user notifying him/her that he/she is now a BP user with x,y,z roles or Advance. role. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...