viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 #2

From: "Shane Lieberg" <cool1two@hotmail.com>
Subject: viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000
Date: Monday, December 08, 2003 10:59 AM

problem, when viewing contacts (pst with outlook address book service) using
the address book viewer "hit the address book on tool bar", and scroll
though the contacts. i will crash at some random point.

if you view the same contact list in folder view. "left side of screen under
contacts", you can view all of the contacts and the info without issue.

0
cool1two (5)

I can't quite figure out how to solve this... so here goes... I'm making a report template in Word that has several links to an Exce spreadsheet. When finished, I would like to be able to reuse thi combination (ie: make copies of both files) while maintaining th links. However, if I copy the Excel file, it is not linked t anything; if I copy the Word file, it maintains the links the origina Excel. Does anyone know how to solve this?? Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FYI - I tried recording a macro to update the links automatically, bu that d...

Outlook 2003 Shortcuts
I have an established list of shortcuts within Outlook 2003. Whenever I go to click on the icons, the shortcut disappears. Sometimes more than just the one disappears. I have set up the shortcuts numerous times, but it keep removing them after I click on them. Is there is a fix for this? Thanks Kate ...

importing activity records and linking to account, contact, and op
Anyone can help me on importing phone call, appointment and task records and link to account, contact and opprotunity records. While I was successful in importing account, contact and opportunity records into CRM4 with proper links. I am having difficulty with acitivity records and link to appropriate account, contact and opportunity records. I've got all the phone call, appointment and tasks records into CRM but only partial records are linking to account, contact, and opportunity records via update of regardingobjectid. How does activitypointer table factor into this? Apprec...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Not able to customize Outlook Today
For some reason I am not able to customize the Outlook Today view. Nothing happens when I click the "Customixe Outlook Today" button. Any suggestions? Also is there a customized or enhanced version of Outlook Notes that enables them to likn to the desktop until deleted? I have Outlook 2000 with all of the download packets installed. Did you even TRY to search the archives for this error?? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Stapl...

Cannot close Microsoft Outlook!!!
when trying to close outlook on some machines,it just stops responding/hangs and outgoing Internet e-mails stay in the outbox folder. anybody with a solution to this problem? ...

crash in Exit_Instance
I have a simple dialog-based application that loads a dll. I am having a problem with it as follows: When I close the main window, I get an access violation in the ExitInstance function. I see that ExitInstance is called once for the dll (which succeeds) and then once for the main app (which is the call that fails). Stepping through the code, I see that the access violation occurs because the pointer returned by AfxGetModuleState for the second call of ExitInstance points to memory that appears to have been deleted already, and in fact is the same as the pointer returned by the fi...

Information store crashes due to IMC??
I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed in KB article 278320. Yet the fix listed in the article is SP4 for Exchange?? I even reinstalled SP4 early last week & it's still crashing every third day or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Patrick Ford Start by applying post-SP4 hot-fixes. If it continues to crash - call MS PSS and ask for help. KC2NC wrote: > I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 > My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed > in KB article...

autofilter help #2
when i set my auto filter it stops at blank lines rather than allowing me to select "blanks or non blanks" the data that it filters doesnt pass the blank line so i have dispatched arrived arrived dispatched when i set the auto filter to show "arrived" it still shows the second "dispatched" because it is after the blank line is there some setting causing this Hi Max, If you have only selected the first cell in a column or columns then applied Autofilter it will only select as far as the first blank it comes to. If you want it to select all of your data ...

system message freezes outlook
Hi, We are using outlook 2002 with exchange server. On the client, if we receive a system message (e.g., read receipt, undelivered message etc.) and happen to move your mouse on it, it freezes the outlook. All other messages are fine. Anybody has seen this problem before? Thanks, Sarah ...

SharePoint Services for Outlook 2007
Working with a Vista Ultimate machine with Office 2007. I have the "SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1" download. I write to inquire if this would enable my machine to host "workspaces" using this computer as a sharepoint server. If so, configuration documentaton would be helpful. Additionally, how much of a "SharePoint Server" can one expect from this download. Ideally, I would like to post milestones, tasks, alerts from my Project Professional 2007. Yes I do understand that even if this works it would only work while the machine is on and connect...

Outlook Web Access #46
I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". We are using Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. I recently uninstalled Surf Control e-mail filter. I believe this uninstalled or coruppted files that exchange uses. When I go into Exchange Admin MMC, the snap ins for IMAP4, NNTP, POP3, and SMTP do not open. Any one know where the .dll are for these snap ins so I can reinstall them from the exchange server CD? Thanks, Bruce Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Interna...

outlook 6!
I used Outlook for a few months trying to get used to it. My main email pgm was Outlook Express. On 10/9/05 I had to reformat my hard drive and tried to backup my Outlook files in a number of ways that seemed like they should work. The most prominent was displaying the email messages and copying them to another drive directly. Somehow everything I did didn't seem to work and I've been searching for about 3 full months of important work which I believe is on one of my drives but I can't seem to import it into Outlook Express or open it up. One file that looks very promising is an ...

View Webpage

HTML code fragment options not available in Publisher 2000
Neither the tool on the left toolbar for inserting html code fragment, or the function in the Insert Menu are available. They are both grayed out. How do I create html code fragment in Publisher 2000? You will need a web page built to do it. Start Publisher, create part or all of a web page, then do a File, Save as a web page. Now select Insert, Html code fragment, select an area on your web page (anywhere you can move it later) with the mouse pointer with a left click. A window will open allowing you to write the code for the fragment. -- Don Vancouver, USA "smsbear1" &l...

Outlook 2003 #325
Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and now I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured when my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? -- Chucky the novice Chucky wrote: > Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and what, precisely, do you mean by that? > and > now > I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured > when > my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? reverse wh...

Cannot see public Folders #2
I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 and unable to view the Public Folders, can anyone specify what all rights need to be given in order that I can view the Public Folders. Thanks and Regards, Rajitha. ...

Emailing a worksheet #2
Using Excel 2003, every time I email a worksheet (by clicking on the "Email" icon ) the receipant losses all the formating and makes it impossible to decifer. I want the receipant, who may not have Excel loaded, to see the actual worksheet (including lines/boxes) in the body of the email itself. Is there any way? Thanks, Craig ...

Forms in two differant views

Outlook Express 6 #11
I can't seem to figure out how to minimize my outlook to my taskbar (the same way you would minimize a messenger service)so that it would continue running and checking for mail while I'm working on my PC. Can anyone help? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS...

Moving from Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
My new computer is Windows 7 with Office 2007. I have read many articles about backing up Outlook files but I am still confused. Is there ONE file I can backup that will transfer my email login names, passwords, contacts, calendar and email send and receive messages from my Outlook 2003 to my new Outlook 2007? Will moving the ".pst" file from the old computer to the new one accomplish this? If I do an "import/export", is there a file that will move my email logins and passwords? Still confused.:confused: Many Thanks! -- Yachtcaptn http://forums.sli...

Outlook xp reminder not working.
HI , I tried setting up reminder for email and personal work in outlook. I keep my system running always and i restart it once a while in the entire week. When i used to do the same in outlook 2002 it was fine, i used to get proper pop up for reminders.. but the same is not working in outlook xp. I tried using task.. add reminders with follow up.. but it does not work.. any help is appreciated. Thanks aakk Hi, Often reminders become corrupt and simply need to be reset. To do this, quit Outlook, click Start , point to Run , type "outlook /cleanreminders", and then click OK. ...