Viewing a website within Outlook

Hello, I use Outlook for my personal email but I also have a gmail
account and would like to see it within the outlook interface (no, I
don't want to access gmail through pop).

I think this is possible as I have seen webpages showing up inside
Outlook. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Where
should I set like a bookmark? Or can I create one of those "Views" type
things? Many thanks!

..ep, you  wrote on 30 Jan 2006 04:32:43 -0800:

> Hello, I use Outlook for my personal email but I also have a gmail
> account and would like to see it within the outlook interface (no, I
> don't want to access gmail through pop).
>
> I think this is possible as I have seen webpages showing up inside
> Outlook. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Where
> should I set like a bookmark? Or can I create one of those "Views" type
> things? Many thanks!

Create a folder in that Google's mail website ought to appear. Now click
right on this folder, select "Properties" and under the homepage tab
type in the URL, e. g. http://gmail.google.com

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Outlook 2003 Shortcuts
I have an established list of shortcuts within Outlook 2003. Whenever I go to click on the icons, the shortcut disappears. Sometimes more than just the one disappears. I have set up the shortcuts numerous times, but it keep removing them after I click on them. Is there is a fix for this? Thanks Kate ...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Not able to customize Outlook Today
For some reason I am not able to customize the Outlook Today view. Nothing happens when I click the "Customixe Outlook Today" button. Any suggestions? Also is there a customized or enhanced version of Outlook Notes that enables them to likn to the desktop until deleted? I have Outlook 2000 with all of the download packets installed. Did you even TRY to search the archives for this error?? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Stapl...

Cannot close Microsoft Outlook!!!
when trying to close outlook on some machines,it just stops responding/hangs and outgoing Internet e-mails stay in the outbox folder. anybody with a solution to this problem? ...

SharePoint Services for Outlook 2007
Working with a Vista Ultimate machine with Office 2007. I have the "SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1" download. I write to inquire if this would enable my machine to host "workspaces" using this computer as a sharepoint server. If so, configuration documentaton would be helpful. Additionally, how much of a "SharePoint Server" can one expect from this download. Ideally, I would like to post milestones, tasks, alerts from my Project Professional 2007. Yes I do understand that even if this works it would only work while the machine is on and connect...

Outlook Web Access #46
I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". We are using Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. I recently uninstalled Surf Control e-mail filter. I believe this uninstalled or coruppted files that exchange uses. When I go into Exchange Admin MMC, the snap ins for IMAP4, NNTP, POP3, and SMTP do not open. Any one know where the .dll are for these snap ins so I can reinstall them from the exchange server CD? Thanks, Bruce Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Interna...

outlook 6!
I used Outlook for a few months trying to get used to it. My main email pgm was Outlook Express. On 10/9/05 I had to reformat my hard drive and tried to backup my Outlook files in a number of ways that seemed like they should work. The most prominent was displaying the email messages and copying them to another drive directly. Somehow everything I did didn't seem to work and I've been searching for about 3 full months of important work which I believe is on one of my drives but I can't seem to import it into Outlook Express or open it up. One file that looks very promising is an ...

Outlook 2003 #325
Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and now I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured when my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? -- Chucky the novice Chucky wrote: > Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and what, precisely, do you mean by that? > and > now > I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured > when > my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? reverse wh...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Outlook Express 6 #11
I can't seem to figure out how to minimize my outlook to my taskbar (the same way you would minimize a messenger service)so that it would continue running and checking for mail while I'm working on my PC. Can anyone help? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS...

Moving from Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
My new computer is Windows 7 with Office 2007. I have read many articles about backing up Outlook files but I am still confused. Is there ONE file I can backup that will transfer my email login names, passwords, contacts, calendar and email send and receive messages from my Outlook 2003 to my new Outlook 2007? Will moving the ".pst" file from the old computer to the new one accomplish this? If I do an "import/export", is there a file that will move my email logins and passwords? Still confused.:confused: Many Thanks! -- Yachtcaptn http://forums.sli...

Outlook xp reminder not working.
HI , I tried setting up reminder for email and personal work in outlook. I keep my system running always and i restart it once a while in the entire week. When i used to do the same in outlook 2002 it was fine, i used to get proper pop up for reminders.. but the same is not working in outlook xp. I tried using task.. add reminders with follow up.. but it does not work.. any help is appreciated. Thanks aakk Hi, Often reminders become corrupt and simply need to be reset. To do this, quit Outlook, click Start , point to Run , type "outlook /cleanreminders", and then click OK. ...

Forcing a view to be the active view

IE7 Install Causes Outlook Client To Fail
Hi guys, Any help with this annoying problem will be greatly appreciated. The CRM 3.0 Outlook client software has been running really well for quite some time now. Last week I upgraded a user’s machine to IE7 – which has killed the Outlook CRM client. Every time the user opens Outlook, they now receive the “Error communicating with the CRM server” error message. The system is running Outlook 2003 on XP 32-Bit, SP2. User details are stored along with the user’s computer account under network accounts. I’ve added the CRM URL to the trusted sites area and given trusted sites permission...

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

hotmail in outlook express
how can I get my hotmail account to show in outlook express?? Outlook Express or Windows Mail (Vista)? Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the=20 only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. In February 2009, long after Windows Mail was finalized, Microsoft=20 enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. Although it accepts the newer Live.com addresses, the Windows Mail=20...

Coustom view

Changing View -- All Folders

Since power outage, outlook freezes
Last night the power went out, and my Outlook 2000 was open when it happened. Since then, I can't get it to open. It starts to open, but doesn't get completely opened, and then it's just stuck in hourglass mode. If I control alt delete, it says not responding, when I tell it to shut the program, it doesn't do it right away, and then freezes up completely, going to blue screen. There was one time where it shut down, and my desktop came back up, but usually I get the blue screen. Any ideas? When I try to use system tools it tells me I have to have the program open...

OL98 start up view

redirecting OWA default website
Can anyone tell me of any possible drawbacks in the future of configuring the default website for OWA to automatically redirect to the /exchange virtual directory? for some reason typing /exchange to the OWA url was an issue, so I was asked to make http://mail.mydomain.com automatically redirect so OWA would load normally then. I did this a while ago and it works fine, but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any headaches in the future. Todd "Todd Seagraves" <nospam_todd.seagraves@gbe.com> wrote in message news:i3f%c.17652$8X2.13382@newssvr22.news.pro...