View & Edit the source HTML code in 2003.

I just upgraded from express to 2003, and I am not happy because the feature I use the most is gone.  While composing a new message using Express there are three tabs at the bottom of the window “Edit” “Source” and “Preview”.  I want to be able to change the Source HTML code using Outlook 2003.  I have search the message board for an answer and was unable to find one.

I have the message type set to HTML, but when I insert HTML tags in the message they do not do anything.  I can’t find a separate HTML view, and I don’t want to use “Insert >> picture” or “Insert >> Hyperlink” every time I want to customize my emails.

I can’t stand it when companies cut out useful options in an attempt to make applications more “user friendly”.

Please Help.

0
Buggin (3)

It is possible when you have Word set as your e-mail editor;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/edithtml.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Buggin" <Buggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from express to 2003, and I am not happy because the
>feature I use the most is gone.  While composing a new message using
>Express there are three tabs at the bottom of the window "Edit" "Source"
>and "Preview".  I want to be able to change the Source HTML code using
>Outlook 2003.  I have search the message board for an answer and was unable
>to find one.
>
> I have the message type set to HTML, but when I insert HTML tags in the
> message they do not do anything.  I can't find a separate HTML view, and I
> don't want to use "Insert >> picture" or "Insert >> Hyperlink" every time
> I want to customize my emails.
>
> I can't stand it when companies cut out useful options in an attempt to
> make applications more "user friendly".
>
> Please Help.

0
Roady
6/15/2004 9:10:14 PM
Thanks for your help but I have one more problem now.  How do you give a table a background image if the style sheets will not let you.

Can you give me a link to a good style sheet tutorial.

Thanks again for you help

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> It is possible when you have Word set as your e-mail editor;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/edithtml.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Buggin" <Buggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just upgraded from express to 2003, and I am not happy because the
> >feature I use the most is gone.  While composing a new message using
> >Express there are three tabs at the bottom of the window "Edit" "Source"
> >and "Preview".  I want to be able to change the Source HTML code using
> >Outlook 2003.  I have search the message board for an answer and was unable
> >to find one.
> >
> > I have the message type set to HTML, but when I insert HTML tags in the
> > message they do not do anything.  I can't find a separate HTML view, and I
> > don't want to use "Insert >> picture" or "Insert >> Hyperlink" every time
> > I want to customize my emails.
> >
> > I can't stand it when companies cut out useful options in an attempt to
> > make applications more "user friendly".
> >
> > Please Help.

0
Buggin (3)
6/16/2004 5:57:11 PM
Start here and choose resources
http://www.csszengarden.com/

--

> Thanks for your help but I have one more problem now.  How do you give a
> table a background image if the style sheets will not let you.
>
> Can you give me a link to a good style sheet tutorial.
>
> Thanks again for you help
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> It is possible when you have Word set as your e-mail editor;
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/edithtml.htm
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Buggin" <Buggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just upgraded from express to 2003, and I am not happy because the
>> >feature I use the most is gone.  While composing a new message using
>> >Express there are three tabs at the bottom of the window "Edit" "Source"
>> >and "Preview".  I want to be able to change the Source HTML code using
>> >Outlook 2003.  I have search the message board for an answer and was
>> >unable
>> >to find one.
>> >
>> > I have the message type set to HTML, but when I insert HTML tags in the
>> > message they do not do anything.  I can't find a separate HTML view,
>> > and I
>> > don't want to use "Insert >> picture" or "Insert >> Hyperlink" every
>> > time
>> > I want to customize my emails.
>> >
>> > I can't stand it when companies cut out useful options in an attempt to
>> > make applications more "user friendly".
>> >
>> > Please Help.

0
Roady

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Money 2003 Report Problems
When I look at reports (in Money 2003) I can see all my withdrawls, but not my transfers. For example if I pay $100 on my credit card, its not there. Should I set it up as a catagory instead? You don't say what reports you are referring to. Depending on the report type, it doesn't make sense to show transfers. E.g., Income and Expenses. Transfer is neither. In some other reports, you can include or exclude Transfers from the report customization. E.g., Category Spending. "cschear" <cb_schear@msn.com> wrote in message news:080601c365f2$6daea940$a301280a@phx.gbl... &...

Windows 2003 Office 2003 MUI
Hello Will MSCRM 4.0 Support MUI Platforms? Thanks for any help Regards, M. Tomes ...

Attachment issues in OWA 2003
We have an automated process in place that sends emails to sales people with their current production report as an attached Excel spreadsheet. If the recipient views the message from the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, she can view the attachment fine. However, if they view the same message in OWA 2003, they can see the paper-clip icon indicating that the message contains an attachment, but they have no link displayed in the message to the attachment itself. In other words, they can see from the folder list view that the message contains an attachment, but when they open the message, they can&...

Editing Spellcheck in WLM
How can I remove words from spellcheck I added by mistake in WLM for Win. 7? I have hit "add" instead of "change" sometimes by mistake when I was rushing. Tools | Options | Spelling | Edit. If you don't have the Menu Bar enabled, the Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Dan R" <Dan R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A125331E-20E4-4C0F-8CFF-C212655...

How do I get a month name out of a numerical format? (5/1/2003 = May)
Say in one cell (B26) I have the data: 5/31/2004 In another cell on a different file I have the formula: =YEAR([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) That returns 2004 since in that cell on that linked sheet the dat 5/31/2004 is posted, so 2004 is returned. Say I want to return the month name. If I do =MONTH([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) I get back 5. How would I make it return May instead of 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try, For the name of the month in full, =TEXT([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26,"mmmm") For the abbreviated name of the month, =TEXT...

coding characters for html-request
hi. is there a function/possibility to code a string with 'special characters' to use it for a html-request i do with MSXML's IXMLHTPRequest::open or IXMLHTPRequest::send. my application is written in msvc 6. a sample request: http://www.mywebside.org/login.asp?names=m�ller&simth&region=s�dfrankreich ==> i have to 'code' '�', '&' and '�' ... thanks for any ideas karo "Schweizer Karo" <karo69@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23CB6SupuGHA.5056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi. > > is there a functi...

Forms in two differant views

error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or
I have a SQL Server 2005 database server that using a large amount of memory which created the error listed below. Error Message: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems. Please help me resolve this error listed above. Thanks, "Joe K." <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73454DF-A093-4ADB-9A21-D98CB7789946@microsoft.com... > > I have a SQL Server 2005 database s...

Set discount reason code via COM
I have a function that is adding an item to the end of a transaction and setting the price to 0 (it's a free item), however I can't tender the transaction as the line needs a reason code. Can't find the right function/sub to set the reason code for a line. Any assistance is appreciated. Thx G ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 37326 messages and counting! ##-----...

Resizing columns [same data source]
Hi! I have created a chart where data results from the same source and of the same kind. But the results of one column are very higher than the others resulting in a disproportionated first columns which makes the chart difficult to read for the readers. I often saw charts in publications where the higher colum is "broken" in the middle, making the chart more userfriendly. Can anyone help me on this? Thanx! Here is an illustrated tutorial, with links to a couple others as well: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel ...

HTML code fragment options not available in Publisher 2000
Neither the tool on the left toolbar for inserting html code fragment, or the function in the Insert Menu are available. They are both grayed out. How do I create html code fragment in Publisher 2000? You will need a web page built to do it. Start Publisher, create part or all of a web page, then do a File, Save as a web page. Now select Insert, Html code fragment, select an area on your web page (anywhere you can move it later) with the mouse pointer with a left click. A window will open allowing you to write the code for the fragment. -- Don Vancouver, USA "smsbear1" &l...

View Webpage

Outlook 2003 #325
Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and now I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured when my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? -- Chucky the novice Chucky wrote: > Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and what, precisely, do you mean by that? > and > now > I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured > when > my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? reverse wh...

Code Interferes with other Worksheet Change Events.
Hi All, I obtained code from a thread "Automatically fill down formulas when adding a record" and modified it because I had more formulas in more columns to carry down to new records. It works but it also interferes with other Worksheet_Change events. If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo CleanUp: With Target If .Value <> "" Then Application.EnableEvents = False 'Here are the formulas to carry down to new records. ...

backup Exchange 2003 with Time Navigator
I can't backup my mailboxes with Time Navigator! I get the following error in Time Navigator: (I've translated my errors because they're in french ^^) The Callback APP_META_OBJ_T.u.f.pre_read has failed TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS for /Mailboxes/*/gomme/c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Bin\gomme.pst File opening "/Mailboxes/*/gomme/c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Bin\gomme.pst" not correct, retcode=TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS Error while request processing, retcode=TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS Error while opening source : TN_ERR_PROG_INCONS And here is the Exmerge.log on the Exchange server: *************...

Editing Tables
Hi, I have a database that we use to build some tables each week. There are a bunch of people who use this database. Here is the issue - I dont know a lot about acess but I noticed that if I open one of the tables and then erase a field it does not prompt me to save the table when I close it. This caused an inadvertant table change. Question - is it possible to "protect" the table so that no one can open it up and edit it. Thanks for your help. The first problem is that somewhere along the line, Set Warnings has been turned off either in code or a macro. You need to fi...

Word 2003 accidentally moved folder to other folder, now won't ope
I accidentally moved a folder to the folder below it and now I cannot open that folder and get at the files in it. It says: C:/Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\Work/Work2009\GLB\SBL is not accessible. Access is denied. Looks like you've got an odd combination of slashes and backslashes. How are you trying to open the files? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lacallahan" <lacallahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:408E7AE7-E468-4ED1-8506-FE3C6D55...

Moving from Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
My new computer is Windows 7 with Office 2007. I have read many articles about backing up Outlook files but I am still confused. Is there ONE file I can backup that will transfer my email login names, passwords, contacts, calendar and email send and receive messages from my Outlook 2003 to my new Outlook 2007? Will moving the ".pst" file from the old computer to the new one accomplish this? If I do an "import/export", is there a file that will move my email logins and passwords? Still confused.:confused: Many Thanks! -- Yachtcaptn http://forums.sli...

Static Library : How to share code with other developers ??
Hi , I want to share som classes with other developers working on a big project. I dont want to share the source code, so I'm trying to use a static library. The Problem now, I have to share the *.h files. They are normaly in a directoy wich is not shared. I dont want to copy the *.h files to another lokation. It would be the best to generate one *.lib file, where all my classes i need to share are in. I also dont want to change my classes, because they are used in other projects. Is it possible to use "precompiled headers" ? Can anyone tell me what the easiest way is to share ...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view