View Another User's folder (contact items)

Dear All,

User needing access to a subfolder with Contact items, both mailboxes in
Exchange 2000 server. Although I hknow how to go around the Outlook interface
to privide access to the other user's subfolder, according to article 290824:
"  In order to share other than the five default Mailbox folders, Contacts,
Inbox, Journal, Notes, and Tasks, you must share the entire mailbox. This
gives access to subfolders, as well as the five primary folders."
....is this so? Really? I just want the user to have access to that specific
subfolder with contact items w/o reading anything else (inbox, etc) in the
user's mailbox..Is is possible?
Thanks!
Angel
0
Angel1 (51)

Angel wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> User needing access to a subfolder with Contact items

(NB: I don't recommend using subfolders in contacts - I prefer to keep all
contacts in *one* folder & use categories to sort/organize)

>, both mailboxes
> in Exchange 2000 server. Although I hknow how to go around the
> Outlook interface to privide access to the other user's subfolder,
> according to article 290824: "  In order to share other than the five
> default Mailbox folders, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, and Tasks,
> you must share the entire mailbox. This gives access to subfolders,
> as well as the five primary folders." ...is this so?

Yes.

> Really?

Really. :)

> I just
> want the user to have access to that specific subfolder with contact
> items w/o reading anything else (inbox, etc) in the user's
> mailbox..Is is possible?

Yes. To see any folders other than the defaults you see in file | open |
other user's folders, you'll need to grant the delegate at least 'reviewer'
rights to the root of the other mailbox in Outlook. Grant the actual desired
permissions on each folder you wish for the other user to access.

Then in the delegate's Outlook, go to the properties of the Exchange server
service, advanced tab, and add the other mailbox there - it will now show up
in their folder list.

As I said above, tho, why use multiple contacts folders in the first place?
Messy.

> Thanks!
> Angel

0
lanwench (7567)

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Shared Calendar Problem (AD Account, not Public Folder)
We have a number of Shared Calendars such as Conference Room resources. Most of these work flawlessly with the exception of any that are on a specific server. These calendars are constantly having problems where users are unable to access, either receiving free/busy error or the calendar cannot be found. If I log in as the account with Outlook using the /cleanfreebusy it sometimes resolves, other times it does not but the problem eventually goes away for whatever reason (temporarily). Assuming the common thread with this problem is the public folder data on this server since this is ...

Sent Item not Showing Up
I'm at an office Running Office 97 and Outlook 2000. When they send at attached file from the Application, not Outlook, using Send To - Mail Recipient the message does not show up in the Sent Items bin of Outlook. There is apparently no record of it at all within my system although, obviously, the reciever knows it was sent. Is this an Office 97 problem? An Outlook 2000 problem? An interface problem or just this office's implementation. Thanks for any help. Tom Liberman tommylib@yahoo.com ...

Having users modify theier GAL record
I would like to provide a web based solution for allowing my users to modify thier GAL infomration. Any suggestions? I heard that there is a web based version of GALMOD. Is this true? Does it allow the user to modify all the fileds that GALMODCA allows? Another question about GALMOD. I saw a message somewhere stating that you should not use it if you are running Outlook2k3 in chached mode. Why Not? Just curiouse on this one. So back to my original Q. Is there a decent, non-complicated, web based product that will let my users changed thier info? Thanks, Steve F. ...

Public folders recovered onto a new (renamed) server
I have had to do a server recovery onto a new server with a new name owing to complete hardware failure. Installed everything okay, and recovered from tape okay. Did the DS/IS reconciliation as per normal, and had to rebuild the user lists (all done). There are three public folders though that now are now visible - they give the error "contents currently unavailable. Either the Exchange server servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated" with an ID number of 80004005-0507-00000000. Now I think I know that its because the server name has changed, ...

New user has no mailbox
I have set up a new user on my SBS2003 server, but the mailbox was not created. I went in ADUC and manually created one, but when I set the client up, the mailbox is not found. What am I doing wrong? if you access the properties of the user, does it show that a mailbox exists on a mailbox store? "scottdog129" <scottdog129@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A4D5258-6D79-4BF7-9C15-D1C4B9B68041@microsoft.com... > I have set up a new user on my SBS2003 server, but the mailbox was not > created. I went in ADUC and manually created one, but when I set the ...

View Webpage

user mailboxes #2
I have exchange 2003 and I have deleted some accounts in active directory but the issue is that since i deleted the accounts in AD the mailboxes are still in the mailbox store and they are not X out how do i purge them then? have you run the Clean up agent? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "scripttron75" <scripttron75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC8EA3C3-175C-48ED-9BDA-3C805A792691@microsoft.com... >I have exchange 2003 and I have deleted some accounts in active directory >but > the issue is that since i deleted the accounts in AD the mailboxes are ...

Forms in two differant views

Cannot see public Folders #2
I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 and unable to view the Public Folders, can anyone specify what all rights need to be given in order that I can view the Public Folders. Thanks and Regards, Rajitha. ...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Business Portal - Adding New User
When I click Add New User in Business Portal; I get the following exception [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.GetAllDomains() +71 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.BuildUserWizardHTML() +3013 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.CreateWizard() +22 ASP.businessportal_portal_administration_ac_userwizard_aspx.__Render__control1.... I have tried Repair and Uinstall/Reinstall, but error is same...Please...

Coustom view

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

How to use user defined messages correctly?
hi! i am using two user defined messages (WM_USER + 1 and WM_USER + 2) to update my UI from within a worker thread - everything is going fine for a unpredictable time (let's say from one day up to a few weeks...) but certainly the screen turns into grey. the app still works in the background but the screen keeps grey. i am not sure but most likely i believe that this has to do with those messages - so is there anything wrong in definition or usage? #define WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING WM_USER + 1 call from within the worker thread: m_pDisplay->PostMessage( WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING, 0, 0 ); is ...

OL98 start up view

Selecting a folder to save xml to...
I have the following code that works fine in Excel 2003 and I am looking for something similar that will produce the same result but for Excel 2000 can anyone help? If xmlfolder = "" Then MsgBox "Select folder for the XML file", vbCritical With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "SELECT FOLDER" .AllowMultiSelect = False ' Folder selected If .Show = -1 Then xmlfolder = .SelectedItems.Item(1) & "\" End If Regards Jamie Take a look he...

Changing View -- All Folders

Converting contacts into leads
Is there any way of creating a lead out of a contact (erroneously created)? -- Healthy Heart There's no built-in way. If you erroneously converted a lead into a contact, the originating lead will be shown on one of the contact's tabs as a link and you can reactivate the original lead, and then deactivate or delete the contact. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Pat B" wrote: > Is there any way of creating a lead out of a contact (erroneously created)? > -- > Healthy Heart Thanx Matt, but unfortunately this contact was not a lead orig...

Calendar View?

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

outlook contacts #6
Happy New Years! I have two cell phones. Both use different programs. I need two files. One for USA and one for outside USA. I do not know computors that well. How can I have two different files I can open at my choosing. And how can I back them up to 'my documents' files. I have a laptop and desktop that I update all my data in 'my documents' file. Thankyou! ...