very general mail question

Hi, I just tried to send an e-mail after copying and pasting the e-mail
address from a Contact (from Outlook 2007, Vista Home Premium, SP1).  The
message could not be sent.  There were no error messages and I had no idea
why this message could not be sent.

For some reason the address was enclosed with single apostrophes  .....
'name@something.com'

I tried copying the same e-mail address again and this time those
apostrophes did not appear and the message was in fact sent.

As a test I tried sending my self a message by enclosing my own valid e-mail
address with enclosed with single apostrophes.  It was sent but I later
received a server message that the message did not arrive.  What happened?

0
davehorne (161)

Mail servers often interpret those apostrophes as a literal part of the
email address, and then can't deliver the messages because, of course, the
apostrophes aren't part of the address.

-Peter

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
> Hi, I just tried to send an e-mail after copying and pasting the e-mail
> address from a Contact (from Outlook 2007, Vista Home Premium, SP1).  The
> message could not be sent.  There were no error messages and I had no idea
> why this message could not be sent.
>
> For some reason the address was enclosed with single apostrophes  .....
> 'name@something.com'
>
> I tried copying the same e-mail address again and this time those
> apostrophes did not appear and the message was in fact sent.
>
> As a test I tried sending my self a message by enclosing my own valid
> e-mail address with enclosed with single apostrophes.  It was sent but I
> later received a server message that the message did not arrive.  What
> happened?

0
pdurkee (276)
4/15/2009 11:15:37 PM
Peter, thanks,  DH

"Peter Durkee" <pdurkee@mac.invalid> wrote in message
> Mail servers often interpret those apostrophes as a literal part of the
> email address, and then can't deliver the messages because, of course, the
> apostrophes aren't part of the address.
>
> -Peter
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi, I just tried to send an e-mail after copying and pasting the e-mail
>> address from a Contact (from Outlook 2007, Vista Home Premium, SP1).  The
>> message could not be sent.  There were no error messages and I had no
>> idea why this message could not be sent.
>>
>> For some reason the address was enclosed with single apostrophes  .....
>> 'name@something.com'
>>
>> I tried copying the same e-mail address again and this time those
>> apostrophes did not appear and the message was in fact sent.
>>
>> As a test I tried sending my self a message by enclosing my own valid
>> e-mail address with enclosed with single apostrophes.  It was sent but I
>> later received a server message that the message did not arrive.  What
>> happened?

0
davehorne (161)

Modal dialog box question #2
Hi, In my application, I have a modal dialog box, and I want that some of the commands from the main menu will be available. (all other events outside the dialog should be blocked - just like a regular modal dilaog). How do I do it ? Yoav. Modality is like pregnancy. Either the dialog box is modal, in which case you can't click the menus or it's modeless in which case you can click any menu item. I suggest you have two choices: 1) keep the dlg modal and place extra buttons on it to represent the commands. On click then pass the command message to the CMainFrame. 2) Make the ...

general question!
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header area between the list of emails and the previewed email. However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on the attachment-email, in the information viewer the little attachment icon is no longer on the header. Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has an attachment from the information viewer. This is more annoying more than anything els...

Outlook Express Deleted Mail Missing!?!
I have xp pro moved .dbx files to new computer. Lately when I delete from my Inbox the mail does not go to my deleted mailbox. The m ost recent mail in there is from June. Where is it going? None of the deleted options are checked under tools..options. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outl...

how can i remove duplicate e-mails from my outlook inbox?
I am receiving duplicate emails into Outlook from my POP email server. How can i remove the duplicates and keep only one copy? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Johan" <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F61D34E-594D-4E27-A90D-0525DD6EC632@microsoft.com... > I am receiving duplicate ...

Question about Excel/Word 2000 Privacy
I know there was a NIC fingerprint embedded in office 97 document and it had been removed in office 2000. Now, does an exel/word 2000 document contain the information of my "user name"? The user name can bet set by Tools-->Options-->General-->User name or the User information tab in Word. If I send my document to my friend and he modifies it, will my user name still in the document? thanks! invalid, >Now, does an exel/word 2000 document contain the information of my "user >name"? Application.UserName gives you the name of the User who has the workbook...

get E-mails from other local e-mails account
My question will be SURELY so easy to any one of you. i've an exchange alraedy setup in our company & i'm new in exchange .. we have already many domains working & configured ... so i've for example my e-mail: ahmad@abc.com ..... but i also need to get specific e-mails from other accounts like nora@efg.com lampa@hij.com .. where @hij.com & @efg.com are already maintained with our exchange server. how could i do this ? may any one help !!! thank you so much Mr. Daniele for your kind & quick reply. i tried universal distribution group with contacts joined to...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

Is Mail Edited
Thanks All, I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of Outlook.Application. That mail goes to OutBox folder in Outlook, once user clicks on Send/Receive button it goes to the recipient. But anyone can edit that mail in outbox and send it. Can I check whether that mail is edited or its the original mail Please Help ...

Deactivate Account while checking mail
In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new mail with Send/Receive All. How does one do that in OL2003? I have several mail accounts, a couple of which I would like to temporarily deactivate when getting new mail. How do I do that? On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:11:25 -0700, "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote: >In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for >including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new >...

The e-Mail that wouldn't Die
ON Aug 12, 2005 I received an e-mail from a governmental website notifying me of an event. Each time Outlook 2003 checked my SBC mail server, it got the message again, and again, and again. I deleted the messages, and they just keep coming back. I deleted them all on friday. Today I had 389 of them. All from the same website, all dated 8/12/05. I figure the website's mailer is looking for some sort of confirmation of receipt from Outlook and not getting it. Any ideas on why this is and how to stop it? I've unsubscribed from the site, by the way... Do you have any Anti-virus or Fire...

Blank Mail
Hi All, If i try to move my mail from inbox to my persional folder all the data gets bland only i am able to view the attachements the boyd of the mail will become blank what may be the problem TIN ...

Mail routing
Here is the scenario. Sorry if this is confusing. My company (A) is using a 3rd party source (B) to send out a marketing email. The email is from a A.com address (marketing@a.com) It is being delivered from a b.com IP range. In our testing phase we need to send the email to ourselves at A.com to ensure the mail looks correct and all. How do I setup the Exchange server to allow an a.com address come from a b.com IP range? The mail is hitting our server, I can see it in the Message Tracking. It just is not being delivered to the intended mailboxes. Any help would be GREATLY appreciat...

Unable to send mail
When I click on an e-mail address, i.e sessert@verizon.com , I get an error message, i.e. "The mail program was unable to send mail". Also IE6 TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS does not show programs for E-mail: and Newsgroups:, and I'm unable to enter the programs I'm using, i.e. Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 6. I'm running XP Home and all programs are upto date. Any advice, please. Steve Steve Pine wrote: > When I click on an e-mail address, i.e sessert@verizon.com , I get an > error message, i.e. "The mail program was unable to send mail". &g...

E-mail in Excel
I started to send a worksheet as e-mail through Excel. The To/From/Subject Outlook header appeared in Excel. Now I can't get rid of it in that workbook (I saved the workbook prior to sending e-mail). Header is not in other spreadsheets, so it's somehow tied to this one. Other users on our network can open it on their workstations without the header. Help! Hi Sandra Click on the Mail button again in the standard toolbar and save the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sandra Timm" <Sandra Timm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

Forwarding ALL mail (even internal mail) to the mailgatway
Hi, can i get all mail sent by my users, external AND internal mail, to be passed on to my mailgateway? (there is a very good reason for this but i think by the time id explained it you guys would have gotten bored!) can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks Gary Norwood first of all I supose you use exchange so for mail that needs to go to an external adress the most simple would be to us an smtp connector and forward to smtp server instead of dns delivery. I'm not behind a server right now so I do this out of memory but it will point you in the right direction. go to ...

A question about CImage
in CDoc CImage m_pImg; in CView ::GlobalLock(HBITMAP(pDoc->m_img)); == NULL GetLastError(); > invalid handler before try to get the handle, I have initialized it successfully, and my OnDraw() can works well. Till I Know CImage is not a Predefined MS MFC Class, are you using some external Library!!! -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "ckacka" <ckacka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B320B34E-4D86-4179-88AC-D6E6E08A5BDC@microsoft.com... > in CDoc > CImage ...

What fields for Mail Merge?
Is there a list somewhere of the mail merge field names? Particulary around a quote and contacts? Thanks, Sean Hi Sean! I have not a list of all columns you can use with the default CRM MailMerge functionallity. But what is clear you can not use custom fields. If you use our WordMailMerge(www.mscrm-addons.com) Add-On you can use every contact and quote field you want, even custom fields. -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM WordMailMerge for MSCRM ...

General
I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is doing that -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Usin...

why can't i find the send button and how do I configure e-mail
I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the message tells me my address is not configured? Did you create a profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "LJDICKER" <LJDICKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211018AE-F489-4002-864E-FAEEC141AF6F@microsoft.com... > I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the > message tells me my address is not configured? ...

importing mail into windows mail from windows mail on an old pc
How do i import all my mail, folders and contact details into my new windows mai from an old one? If you want to back up all aspects of Windows Mail, including account settings, rules, etc. use this free third party utility: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/ http://www.staticbackup.com/products.htm#swmbf It does not transfer contacts, but you can easily copy and paste the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "eddie" <eddie@allianc...

mail merge a document with an attachment
I currently send out periodic emails to groups of individuals, and those emails have an attachment. I can do a Mail Merge in WORD, but can't figure out how to inclulde the attachment in each email. I can do a Mail Merge in Outlook, but either select a new or existing document, and again, I don't know how to include an attachment in the document. I know how to create an outlook template, but when doing a Mail Merge, it doesn't give me the option to use an outlook template. Any suggestions? Attachments cannot be used in a mail merge. You'll need to look at third par...

Outgoing SMTP Mail Messages Are suck in the queues
Hi There, I have an ongoing problem, where a lot of messages (not all them) sent from outlook to and outside address using a pop3 account with it's own SMTP server settings get stuck in the Queue for the SMTP Virtual Server. Can anyone help please? The following is my setup: I have my DC (a 2000 Server) and I have my Exchange Server (also a 2000 Server) and I'm running Exchange 2003. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide Thanks a million Explain the bit about the pop3 client having it's own server. Do you mean that the pop3 client (outlook) is configured to use ...

Saving Mail
How do I save (backup) mail to a CD or DVD in outlook? Thanks, DA "Donald Allen" <jdonaldallen@charter.net> wrote in message news:GOCtk.13763$Fr1.6895@newsfe03.iad... > How do I save (backup) mail to a CD or DVD > in outlook? > <sigh> do you EVER do any research first? Answered in the 4th post down......jeeeeze...... Yea I know. Did not work! D "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23Tq9BQUCJHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > "Donald Allen" <jdonaldallen@charter.net> wrote in message &...

How do I add extra mail addresses to my OL2000 secure mail?
I have Outlook 2000 and just enabled secure email by getting a certificate from Thawte. This is linked to my registration email address. But I have a few other addresses all managed by different connections in the same profile in outlook. So I really want to have the certificate handle these other emails as well. When I used PGP it was quite simple to add a few extra emails to my keyring, but with this certificate scheme I just can't find where I should go to do this. Any ideas anywhere? If the certificate is of the type where the provider verified yr identity, and you thus had to pay fo...