VCard and Activities Tab

I'd like to send co workers my vcard, but it shows all of my
activities on the activity tab. I'd prefer that this couldn't be seen.

It's Outlook 2003 btw.

Thank you.

Sam
0
Sam

No, it doesn't. You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is =
monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text =
file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for =
yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about =
activities. REPEATING: It contains no information about activities.=20

The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of items related to the =
current contact. It builds that list from the *current user's* Outlook =
folders. If someone has activities related to you, they'll see them when =
they open the vCard you sent, because Outlook creates one of its own =
contacts from the vCard. If you open that vCard yourself, Outlook =
creates a contact with your information on it, and that contact's =
Activities page will show all the activities in your folders involving =
you.=20

If you still don't believe me, save the vCard to your hard drive and =
open it in Notepad.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
<Sam I Am> wrote in message =
> I'd like to send co workers my vcard, but it shows all of my
> activities on the activity tab. I'd prefer that this couldn't be seen.
>=20
> It's Outlook 2003 btw.
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20
> Sam
0
suemvp (4039)
6/29/2006 4:43:33 PM
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:43:33 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>No, it doesn't. You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about activities. REPEATING: It contains no information about activities.
>
>The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of items related to the current contact. It builds that list from the *current user's* Outlook folders. If someone has activities related to you, they'll see them when they open the vCard you sent, because Outlook creates one of its own contacts from the vCard. If you open that vCard yourself, Outlook creates a contact with your information on it, and that contact's Activities page will show all the activities in your folders involving you.
>
>If you still don't believe me, save the vCard to your hard drive and open it in Notepad.

Heh, I guess you've answered this question a time or two before. I
believe.... and thanks for the reply.

Sam
0
Sam

Assign Activities to multiple users
Is there a way to assign activities to multiple users so that they are both alerted? Thank you! Make a group Depending on the activity type, perhaps you can add different people as an activity party. For instance, appointments and service appointment allow several participants with the same role (it is a multiple selection lookup). Andreu- "AAA" <AAA@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias:8F84725A-163A-4077-A04C-26D18128DA26@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to assign activities to multiple users so that they are > both > alerte...

Excel Charting and Active X Controls
Is there a way to use active x controls to make a scroll over pop up with excel charts? The same kind of concept that is implemented with comments when you mouse over the cell. Thanks, R Tanner Bonsour=AE tanner.robin@gmail.com avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez = :=20 > Is there a way to use active x controls to make a scroll over pop up > with excel charts? The same kind of concept that is implemented with > comments when you mouse over the cell. ;o))) all is explained there : http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=3D221 --=20 --=20 @+ ;o))) Hi, You can pos...

vcard #4
Hi folks, If I send a vcard is there a way of sending my contact details on a vcard without adding all the activities. Come to that when I do send a vcard what determines which activities etc appear and which not? Thanks, Danny This is a guess - but from what I know of activities, they are just simply shortcuts to other Outlook items, such as appointments and tasks, from your same mailbox or pst. If you forwarded a vcard to someone, my assumption is that they wouldn't see any of the activities as they don't actually have the linked items that appear as contact activities. No...

free trial activation
why do microsoft not want to give me the activation key for my preloaded office suite if it came with your computer your manufacturer is the one to call "gordw" wrote: > why do microsoft not want to give me the activation key for my preloaded > office suite ...

vCard issue
When I'm entering telephone numbers in the different fields in Outlook vCards, I get the following non-specific error message: Microsoft Outlook The operation failed. Up until a week ago, I'd hit the tab key when moving between fields and the parenthesis around the area code and the hyphen would automatically appear. Now I just get this error. I've searched the knowledge base and support and cannot find anything. I've also used 'detect and repair' with no results. Perhaps you know what the problem is. Thanks for any help you can lend! -Stephen ...

Activity Tracking #2
How can I purge older activity tracking data? For example, I'd like to have access to the most recent year or so, but would like to delete a lot of the historical info. We are running GP version 7.5 using SQL. Thanks, Hello Dan, You may want to look at table SY05000 (Activity Tracking) of the DYNAMICS database. If you want to purge information, you can run a DELETE statement and restrict it using the DATE1 column. rgds, timber On Oct 6, 9:47 pm, Dan <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I purge older activity tracking data? For example, I'd like to have >...

How to Activate a Quote?
I'm wanting to "activate" a draft quote in CRM. I've selected the quote from the list and gone to the "Actions" menu, but there's no option to activate the quote. What could I have done wrong? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, You need to Activate a quote at the record level, so just open the quote and Activate will appear on the actions menu. >-----Original Message----- >I'm wanting to "activate" a draft quote in CRM. I've selected the quote >from the li...

Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed
When installing CRM 3.0 y get this error: Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed. Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https://publishing.Secintcon.local/reportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Any help would be appreciated. R.P. Try browsing to the URL outside of the installation, to make sure you have the URL correct... Boolean1 "Richard P" <RichardP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:009EE8BD-B590-4C9D-8A5E-EDACAF71CB02@microsoft.com... > When installing CRM 3.0 y get this...

Workplace Activities Views
Where can I go to modify the Activities View in my Workplace? I would like to add the Account Name field to all the activities listed. This is entirely unsupported. Just type for the "My Activities view" the following URL in your Internet Explorer and replace "crmserver" with the name of your server. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} For the other views you can use these IDs: My Activities: {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} Activities Advanced Find View: {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100} Activities ...

Media player in active X
Quick question if I may... I need to play two simultaneous sound files in Excel, and as I cannot have two userforms at the same time, I'm trying to have one play as a userform in mediaplayer and the other play as a windos media player ActiveX object embedded into the sheet (using Office 2007). However when I try to instruct the windows media player to begin playing it's file it hits a bug and refuses to budge. Am I attempting the impossible or just missing the obvious? Many thanks Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Dim Mfile As String Mfile = "c:\video\crowd.wav" MP....

Activity Tracking of deleted batches
Hi - Is it possible to use Activity Tracking to see who deleted batches? If yes which options should be selected? Thanks! Michael, Yes. You can track. In Activity Tracking setup, Select File Tracking as Activity Tracking Type and Mark Deletions from Transactions FIles, Select the Users you'd like to track. Now, whatever batches get deleted, you can view the Activity Tracking report who has deleted it. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamic...

3 challenges; concequences of activating cell + 2 text formula problems
Hey guys - sorry I slipped on the send-button.... I have some minor issues on my board: 1) Are there any way to delete the cell value in range A1 when activating cell/range A2? - wanted effect is when user activates cell A2 (by click) the value / content inn cell A1 will be deleted. 2) When constructing coordinates as textstrings (X Y Z) by linking values from range B1, B2 and B3 ( the text string will not appear whith 1 decimal format in all positions - not where the value is an integer. Ex: B1=1 B2=2.5 B3=3.4 the string shows: "1 2.5 3.4", but I want it to show: "1.0 2.5 3.4&q...

VCard
When I attach my Vcard via my signature only a few pieces of my VCard are filled in - but when I go to edit it ALL the correct information is there - why is it only picking up SOME info and HOW can I get it to include everything. Thanks ...

XP Active Desktop
I can list a web page in desktop Items properties, but when I check the web page and click OK, nothing happens. My original wallpaper is still there. Locked desktop items is unchecked. Can any help? I have seen it done on many videos. -- Concetta ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Concetta's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/227353.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342765.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Programming a tab name into a Header String
I have a function that creates unique tabs based on a column. programmatically set the Center Header to a string listed below. also need it to display the tab or worksheet name, but whenever I ad [tab] to the string below it bombs out. How can I get this to displa the worksheet name in the header as well Current CenterHeader = "Insurance Operations Six Month Schedule as of " Sheets("MainForm").Range("A9").Value Like To Have CenterHeader = "Insurance Operations Six Month Schedule as of " Sheets("MainForm").Range("A9").Value +...

How to activate a running Windows application
hi, I have launched one Windows application like Calculator from my VC++ application.Now i need to activate as well as show this window(calculator) from my application. How can i do this. plz help. Truly clueless what your question means. Can you reframe your question? -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "moumita" <moumitaghosh@tataelxsi.co.in> wrote in message news:1137156298.704202.203710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > I have launched one Windows application like Calculator from my VC++ > application.Now i need to activate as well as show this > wi...

Excel Tab limits
Hello all, I am working with a user, that keeps having a problem with a particular excel file. Starting in January, she added 6 more tabs to the file. Since then, the file will periodiaclly get corrupted. There are approx 40 tabs in this file. The size of the file is only 507kb. It is a small file. Each month she will created a new file via a template. Sometimes the resulting file may or may not get corrupt. This is the only excel file she is having a problem with. It happens when saving to the network, or onto her hard drive. Is there a limit as to how many tabs can be in a file? Also...

Active Deadline
Hey, I need to know how to use conditional formating to highlight a date 15 days before and 15 days after it becomes due. I'm using =TODAY() to indicate the current date. I'm not entirely sure what you want, but in the Conditional Formatting box, change Cell Value Is to Formula Is and use a formula like =ABS(A1-TODAY())<=15 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Willamina" <Willamina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598F006B-9848-453A-991D-AF2CFCBFB6DC@microsoft.com... > He...

activity of an email account
Is there any way to know whether an email account is active (it used to be). Best regards, Eiichiro Kazumori hba2pd <hba2pd@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way to know whether an email account is active (it used > to be). Where is the email account? On a server within your organization or on some external server? -- Brian Tillman It is from an external server. Thank you. On 1月25日, 午後10:10, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > hba2pd<hba...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Is there any way to know whether an email ...

Security Tab not available when sharing the calendar
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C6EBAC.4AB4E830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any reason that the security tab would not be available when I = am trying to share somebody's calendar?=20 Thanks, --=20 NATHAN WELDON ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C6EBAC.4AB4E830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <ME...

Outlook Vcard security issue
Exchange 5.5, sp4 using Outlook2000 - users with Vcards and discovering that if the receipient opens the vcard and goes to the activities tab, they can view the senders inbox emails. This is internal users only and what makes matters worse, it is not all of them. They can send the card to me and I can't see the inbox, but they can send to the person sitting next to them and they can. I've checked all mailbox permissions and they have not granted these people access. I'm not sure how to stop or even troubleshoot this. I feel if it was an Exchange mailbox permission issue, all ...

Active Directory Query
Guys, I have a list of users in a .csv file. The users are listed via firstName, lastName Is there anyway I can use dsquery or any other tools to grab the user's login id after it's compared to the name? Normally for a single name I would do something like dsquery user -name "Nik Test" | dsget user -samid Win2003 sp2 Thanks use for loop in a batch script or u can use Power Shell too (that will give u very good formatting option) for /F "delims=;" %i in (User_List.txt) do dsquery user -name "%i" | dsget user -samid >> C:\Temp.tx...

Active Directory 06-28-04
Hi, Can anyone help with the following? Within Active Directory Users and Computers, there is a new OU that has been created by CRM / SQL, named "Company Name". Under this is another OU named "Company Name" and under this is an OU named "Account Management". Is it possible to rename the top level OU to "MS CRM Objects" without impacting / effecting CRM in any way? Best regarsd Lee This will not work as CRM will reference this OU. "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0406280201.290e453a@posting.google.com.....

Organizing excel worksheet tabs
My user has at least 20 different worksheet tabs, he told me that he's seen an ex-coworker organize the worksheets so that sheet 1-5 are in one column in the work book and the others tabs are in another column. Is it possible to do this? Because I do not see anyway in organizing the worksheets TIA, Jackson xl2100 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jackson Lee" <jlee@intermixny.com> wrote in message news:OIxMbCBPHHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My user has at least 20 different worksheet tabs, he told me that he's > seen an...

Scheduling campaing activity
Hi friends, I have one campaign created having a single activity - send email to predefined list. I have requirement of following process to be automated... Whenever 'Actual begin date' of the campaign achieved, the activity (i.e. sending email) should be performed automatically. I have exchange server installed in the network. Do anyone has ever done this kind of automation using workflow rule etc.? Thanks... ...