VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Hi, how can I:
a) pull the query from somewhere and send it by e-mail automatically. E.g. I
want to take a temperature table from
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
where 2009/7/10 is the date of yesterday put it into an e-mail and send it
automatically each day at 8 o'clock?

b) if this is not possible, how can I send an e-mail with the attachment
c:\Documents\query20090710.xls each day at 8 o'clock?

my boss wants this automatized, I know how to write the VBA code for Excel,
but don't have a clue what do I have to do in Outlook. Every help is
appreciated,

small caps

0
none4803 (15)

small caps wrote:
> Hi, how can I:
> a) pull the query from somewhere and send it by e-mail automatically.
> E.g. I want to take a temperature table from
> http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
> where 2009/7/10 is the date of yesterday put it into an e-mail and
> send it automatically each day at 8 o'clock?
>
> b) if this is not possible, how can I send an e-mail with the
> attachment c:\Documents\query20090710.xls each day at 8 o'clock?
>
> my boss wants this automatized, I know how to write the VBA code for
> Excel, but don't have a clue what do I have to do in Outlook. Every
> help is appreciated,
>
> small caps

a) requires you to do some vba. Here is a starter:

strurl =
"http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA!

set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "GET", strurl, false
xmlhttp.send ""
strBody = xmlhttp.responseText
set xmlhttp = nothing

thereafter, do some string manipulation to cut out the table from strbody

b) Try our email scheduler (http://www.repeatmail.com) which will allow you
to send multiple individual emails, html or plain text, with attachments,
either as a one-off or regularly at a specified time and interval. The
recipients list can be drawn from your Outlook Contacts, a plain text
file,database or spreadsheet.  It also allows you to specify the interval
between each send so as to avoid triggering any spam limits on your account.
Outlook is not needed to send. Your machine needs to be switched on, but you
don't even have to be logged in. Works with Win  98/XP/2003/Vista

--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook
http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails

0
nospam.lbe (55)

Outlook 2003/Exchange 5.5/Syncro issue
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000. I used to be able to syncronize all folders using F9. This no longer works in Outlook 2003. The 'All Accounts' send/recieve group includes Exchange and all relevant folders. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks, Craig Buchanan Hi Craig, Thank you for your post. It may be better if you post this question in the following newsgroup: Microsoft.private.directaccess.Outlook-Exchangeclient The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who visit the newsgrou...

Outlook 2007 and calendar invites
When I receive an invite for a meeting it comes to me as an attachment in an email. If I open the attachment the "accept" is grayed out. I have set my resource scheduling to auto accept but it isn't working. I can send out meeting requests with no problem. Any ideas? On 5 Apr 2007 08:34:18 -0700, "rcscott" <cherie-scott@san.rr.com> wrote: >When I receive an invite for a meeting it comes to me as an attachment >in an email. If I open the attachment the "accept" is grayed out. I >have set my resource scheduling to auto accept but it isn...

Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive
I have Outlook 2002, when I click SEND/RECEIVE, I get the error message "The Operation Failed". No error numbers are listed, that is the exact and complete message. I have looked on the Microsoft website and nothing there was helpful. I tried deleting the email account and adding it, I also uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. I can 'Test' my account settings and it passes, but I never receive the test email. I can compose an email and click 'Send' and that works fine. It is not an ISP problem as Outlook Express works fine. So I can send email, but ca...

do not want ant task pane at startup
I like to open Publisher 2003 directly onto a blank page. In the past I did this by using Tools > Options > General, and unchecking New Publication task pane at startup. I recently had to reinstall Publisher and went through my usual setup list. But now when I open program the blank page also includes publication designs task pane. Appreciate help. Bill Bill H wrote: > I like to open Publisher 2003 directly onto a blank page. > In the past I did this by using Tools > Options > General, and unchecking > New Publication task pane at startup. > I recently had t...

Public Folders are missing in Outlook 2003 cached modus
Hi, I have implemented Exchange 2003 with a public folder structure. The strange thing is, I cannot see the pulic folders (only the root folders) in my Outlook 2003 installation on my machine. It is not a security problem, for I can access the public folders in OWA or on other machines. I have completely de- and reinstalled Outlook. No change. Then I have deleted and created the Outlook profiles. Did help for 2 days. Finally I have deleted and created the windows profile. Did not help. What can I do? Thank you, Manfred Are you using the Folder List navigation pane? -- Sue Moshe...

Outlook show localhost for server requires password now
Outlook keeps changing pop3 address to local host and now requires me to supply password to retrieve mail every time it quiries server. This seems to be a recent change and I am unable to change this. I have always been able to leave email on in the background, now the password popup interferes with other activities. Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm going to guess that you recently installed some kind of anti-virus e-mail scanner like Symantec? If so, that's normal - though it should have a way to save the password. Which version of Outlook are you using and did you, i...

Outlook 2003 Toolbar
In 2003 is there away to get rid of the Norton AntiSpam from the toolbar? I turned off in Norton Firewall but I don't want to see it on the toolbar. I delete it and still shows up upon reopening Outlook 2003. Make sure it doesn't show up in Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options-> button Add-In Manager / COM Add-ins If it still shows rename outcmd.dat to outcmd.old to completely reset the Toolbar -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Rick"...

Migrated Outlook 2000 unexpectedly Quits in Windows XP
Hello, I've got a computer that was a new Windows XP installation. We moved the clients files over via Microsoft's Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. The old and new machine uses Outlook from the Office 2000 installation as opposed to the newest version of Office (2003). On the old machine, Outlook 2000 (NOT outlook 2003) would periodically "unexpectedly quit". The old computer was slow and old so the client upgraded and once the files were transferred the unexpected crashes started happening on the new computer as well. I now suspect that there's some sort of c...

Outlook Will Not Open 03-31-10
Outlook will not open. I have tried the outlook.exe / resetnavpane but I get another message saying "Cannot sart Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." Not sure what to do from here. Please help. outlook.exe /resetnavepane (space between, exe / and not / reset...) "blatevola" <blatevola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85198616-2BA8-4A0F-9D88-2D28FD7F070B@microsoft.com... > Outlook will not open. I have tried the outlook.exe / resetnavpane but I > get > another message say...

Word/Outlook 2007 can send email merge in HTML
I can send plain text email merges without issue, but with HTML nothing happens. We are on Exchange if that helps... Thanks -B Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins a...

Task sync requires giving permission to address book
Each time I synchronize my PocketPC with my computer -- especially tasks, it seems -- Outlook asks specific permission to share items in my address book. This is a pain because I have to answer the dialog box each time. Is there any way to turn this "feature" off? This did NOT happen to me using Outlook XP. I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. (I run Franklin Covey's PlanPlus software, and I upgraded from 1.0.5 to 2.0 at the same time I upgraded Outlook.) I have an iPAQ 1910 running WinCE 3.0.11171. I have a computer running Windows XP SP1 and all latest updates an...

Cannot send in Outlook 2003
I purchased Office 2003, unable to locate Outlook singley, and installed it with office pre-installe on my new Dell D2400 (Outlook not included) hoping there would't be a conflict. So far so good Everything to do with the install has been fine up to trying to send or receive mail SBC helped get incoming mail situated, but says my outgoing issue is not under there jurisdiction. I'm told MS is my only way to sending mail. We imported all the same settings from Outloo Express, which has been functioning properly all along, but the messages just sit in the "outgoin box." The err...

Outlook and Outlook Express are competeing
I am using Word to compose e-mail messages. Since I am using a laptop and I am not always connected to the internet I have the messages wait in the outbox to be sent. Problem is...sometimes the messages go to the Outlook Express outbox and sometimes to the Outlook outbox. There seems to be no predicting which outbox the messages will end up in. I have Outlook set as the default e-mail program. It's a real pain having to constantly check the outbox and sent folders of both programs to make sure the e-mails have actually gone out. I have also tried removing Outlook Express from my machine b...

Firewall ports for Outlook client
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 and we are not using Outlook through RPC over HTTP yet but what are the port numbers that are used by the normal Outlook client to go through a firewall to connect to Exchange server ? Thank you. With best regards, Zul There would be so many ports to open, that you may as well not even have a firewall. Your best solution is to use Outlook Web Access temporarily while you set up RPC over HTTPS, or open port 1723 only and use Windows Server's built-in PPTP VPN, and help your users set up the built-in VPN connection on their remote workstations. H...

outlook contacts
somehow I have changed a setting in my outlook contacts. As I pop from contacts to e-mail to notes, etc. when I come back to contacts the first record is no longer highlighted in blue so I cannot start typing for a contact. I have to click on a record then start typing. Can you please advise me on what I have changed and how to get back to how it was earlier in the day? Thank you. ...

How to Restore the Outlook Icon to the Desktop
In Outook 2003, it does not place an icon on desktop. Does anyone knows how to work oround that? Copy the shortcut of Outlook icon on the top of the Start Menu (if you don't have it displayed go to Control Panel-> Taskbar en Start Menu) to your Desktop. This shortcut also holds the right-click functionality to easily access your mail settings. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Servic...

Office installer starts when starting Outlook 2003
I have Office 2003 installed on my computer, and recently installed SuperOffice too, with an Outlook connection. Now, when starting Outlook the Office installer starts up, asking me to insert one of the installation CD's. Only problem is that they are in a in one of the close to 30 moving boxes down in the basement. :-/ So, is there a way to stop Outlook asking for the CD, or do I have to (finally, according to my wife) mount an expedition down to the basement, and sort through the 30 boxes? -- Torbj�rn Pettersen Dear The addin which you have add for OL - that required connectio li...

amortization schedule
How do i "unlock" the Amortization Schedule so that I can add columns for aditional data Hi Tools > Protection > Unprotect sheet. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Billy Hatcher" wrote: > How do i "unlock" the Amortization Schedule so that I can add columns for > aditional data ...

Outlook 2003 changes the "modified date"
The archive feature of Outlook 2003 fails with my Exchange 2000 account because the "modified date" of all items in my Exchange account are being changed somehow. For example, the oldest messagein my "Sent Items" shows a modified date of yesterday evening. The strange thing is I was not even in the office yesterday at all and had no access to my mail. I checked one other user in the office that has Outlook 2003 and he has the same problem. Users with older versions of Outlook do not experience this issue. From what I understand, the modified date can be changed by ...

Outlook 2003 System Tray Icon
I'm running Outlook 2003 on WinXP SP2. Please tell me I can disable this icon in the System Tray. It's ridiculous that I can't manage my desktop the way I want to. I've searched this forum and supposedly I can 'always hide' this icon, but only if I choose the option 'Hide Inactive Icons' (which I choose not to do, I hate this feature). Is that correct? Please tell me this is all a big misunderstanding and I can actually get rid of this icon in the system tray. Have I mentioned that this is an icon I want to get rid of? I'm only using Outlook as a cale...

outlook

OL 2003: How to print the Created field in tasks?
When I print an Outlook 2003 task, the following fields get printed: Subject Status Percent Complete Total Work Actual Work Owner If a task has a Start Date, then it also gets printed. Interestingly, I created a custom field, which I call "Actor" and it also gets printed. However, I would like to print the Created field (which has the date the task was created). Advise please. ...

OUtlook calendar is locked for changes?????
OUtlook will now allow changes to existing meetings nor allow me to save new ones. What is the problem? Hi, maybe you do not have the permissions (rights) to change the calendar: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101737671033.aspx -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Win7, Office 2010 Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Outlook Calendar Frustrated" <Outlook Calendar Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E1245988-D9A6-4A3...

Assigning multiple people to a task
Hi, I am trying to schedule a project with three tasks. Task 1 - Bob (5days) Task 2 - Joe (2 days) Task 3 - Bob OR Joe (4 days) If I schedule Task 3 with Bob,Joe, it will only take 2 days (as expected) but will not start until Bob is available. However, if I only schedule this task with Joe, it will take 4 days, but get completed EARLIER than if I have two people scheduled. eg: Task 1 - Bob, finished day 5 Task 2 - Joe, finished day 2 Task 3 - Joe, start day 2, finish day 6 Task 1 - Bob, finished day 5 Task 2 - Joe, finished day 2 Task 3 - Bob & Joe, starts day 5(...

VBA Question
I have written a VBA Panel with one of the buttons being a page upand page down button using the following code Private Sub CommandButton26_Click() On Error Resume Next With ActiveWindow.View Call .GotoSlide(.Slide.SlideIndex + 1) End With End Sub The code works in the slide view but not the slide master view. What am I missing? What would you expect it to do in Master view? (There are no slides to goto in this view) -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_...