VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Hi, how can I:
a) pull the query from somewhere and send it by e-mail automatically. E.g. I
want to take a temperature table from
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
where 2009/7/10 is the date of yesterday put it into an e-mail and send it
automatically each day at 8 o'clock?

b) if this is not possible, how can I send an e-mail with the attachment
c:\Documents\query20090710.xls each day at 8 o'clock?

my boss wants this automatized, I know how to write the VBA code for Excel,
but don't have a clue what do I have to do in Outlook. Every help is
appreciated,

small caps

0
none4803 (15)

small caps wrote:
> Hi, how can I:
> a) pull the query from somewhere and send it by e-mail automatically.
> E.g. I want to take a temperature table from
> http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
> where 2009/7/10 is the date of yesterday put it into an e-mail and
> send it automatically each day at 8 o'clock?
>
> b) if this is not possible, how can I send an e-mail with the
> attachment c:\Documents\query20090710.xls each day at 8 o'clock?
>
> my boss wants this automatized, I know how to write the VBA code for
> Excel, but don't have a clue what do I have to do in Outlook. Every
> help is appreciated,
>
> small caps

a) requires you to do some vba. Here is a starter:

strurl =
"http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA!

set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "GET", strurl, false
xmlhttp.send ""
strBody = xmlhttp.responseText
set xmlhttp = nothing

thereafter, do some string manipulation to cut out the table from strbody

b) Try our email scheduler (http://www.repeatmail.com) which will allow you
to send multiple individual emails, html or plain text, with attachments,
either as a one-off or regularly at a specified time and interval. The
recipients list can be drawn from your Outlook Contacts, a plain text
file,database or spreadsheet.  It also allows you to specify the interval
between each send so as to avoid triggering any spam limits on your account.
Outlook is not needed to send. Your machine needs to be switched on, but you
don't even have to be logged in. Works with Win  98/XP/2003/Vista

--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook
http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails

0
nospam.lbe (55)

Outlook 2000 #178
Does this version of outlook have the ability to sync with my hotmail account, or am I going to have to keep using outlook express? thank you... Taraneh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does this version of outlook have the ability to sync > with my hotmail account, or am I going to have to keep > using outlook express? Outlook 2000 does not support HTTP mail accounts, which includes Hotmail. -- Brian Tillman ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Prevent Task Publishing in Server 2003
We are running Project Server 2003 using Managed Time Periods. We're trying to simplify our time tracking requirements by only publishing certain tasks to PWA while keeping most of the tasks unpublished. We'd like to use Enterprise Resources for all of the tasks so our resource forecast information is accuarate. In other words, we don't want to use local resources for the "planning" tasks and enterprise resources for the "time tracking" tasks. Is there any practical way to prevent certain tasks from being automatically republished when our...

Why are Outlook commands disabled?
I have just reinstalled MS Office Standard 2007 after a system crash. The new installation doesn't do anything when I attempt to open my old .pst file or when I attempt to set up my e-mail accounts. I make the selection and nothing happens - no error messages or anything... ...

Outlook will not send SOME messages
I just upgraded from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2003. I use mulitple email accounts. If I create a message and click send, it will appear the outbox italicized. When I push Send/Receive it is sent. If I create a message and then choose a different Account to send it with and then hit Send it will just sit in the outbox as if it has just been Saved and will not leave the outbox. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Feel free to email me. You will get a challenge email from mailblocks, just follow the instructions to give permission. Have you recreated the mail profile after the upgra...

Hyperlinks that I recieve in e-mails don't work in outlook 2003
LMT <LMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote Thanks Brian worked great. LMT > LMT <LMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. > > If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: click Tools>Internet > Options>...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Outlook Client on Same Machine as CRM Server?
Hi, It is my understanding that the Outlook client cannot coexist on a machine that is also running full SQL Server due to conflicts with MSDE. Is this correct? Are there any workarounds? This is for a demonstration box we are using. Alan Yup, you cannot have Sales for Outlook client on same machine. The workaround if you want to demo Microsoft CRM + Outlook client all on one computer, you will need to use Virtual PC or VM Ware. Virtual PC seems to be the way to go, since it is now part of Microsoft. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other ...

Outlook Forms in Outlook 2003
I have created a message form for new Hires. I have it set to route. When the form is filled out and routed, the next person on the list can open the form and fill out the form and as soon as they press the route button they get an error saying This form could not be displayed. I have cleared the forms cache added a registry change. Cleared all the areas for forms. I have even deleted the form and recreated from scratch...same error every time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks You didn't say where you published the form.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for O...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Outlook 2003 and Activesync
I installed Outlook 2003 and had 3.7.1 Activesync installed but now when I sync my calander, etc. I get an error stating Outlook is no longer installed. I have reinstalled, rebooted, etc and nothing works. Any suggestions? ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Task created in workflow-how to catch if deleted?
Hi, I have several rather complex workflows set up for a client. They work wonderfully as long as the activity records are either completed or canceled or either. But, if a user deletes a task record that was created by Workflow, the workflow just sits there..... I removed the Delete permission on Activity Records for a couple users....but...what can i do about everyone else. Is there a way to prevent tasks from being deleted if they are created from workflow? Or A way to identify those that have been created from a workflow and deleted by a user? Ultimately, we do not want an...

vba select field

Outlook 2000 causes mouse to freeze
Last week I changed the mail format to "HTML" form "Rich text" and now occasionally when trying to read unread emails, the mouse will freeze and then the hard drive will begin making a churning sound outlook seems to become dead. I can switch applications by Alt-Tabbing but it seems marginally slower than normal. The PC has 128 MB ram so it doesn't make sense for it to be a memory issue. Has anyone experienced anything similar? If anyone can help can you also reply to this via email to my above address? Thanks in advance Frank ...

Task Bar Items
An item (MS Office) has been set to appear on the Task Bar and I wish it removed, so that it no longer appears after a fresh boot. It is not in the "START-UP". What avenues must be taken to have this item removed from the task bar so that it will never again appear? Can you be a bit more specific? Version of Outlook? What do you see? what function does it have? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rob Scullion" <drrob@robertsc...

Outlook 97 and receive dates
Every message I receive is dated the first of the month. What is happening here. Can any body help me? Thanks Ralph Which month? - the current? What does your system date show? Peter >-----Original Message----- >Every message I receive is dated the first of the month. >What is happening here. Can any body help me? >Thanks >Ralph >. > ...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Outlook client 07-11-03
I have installed the newest Outlook client for MS CRM yesterday and it was working pretty well. I logged off lastnight and when I logged on this morning the Outlook CRM ToolBar is no longer visible. Any ideas on how to reactivate this? ...

outlook fix
outlook auto. checks the remember password box and microsoft say i have to get the fix from them. the art. # is 236997. how can i obtain the fix. they want me to pay support for there problem You do NOT have to pay for a QFE - just ask them for it and nothing else and you will not be charged. I have gotten a few QFEs from them without charge. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, k...

Cannot Access Email Contacts
Hi: I have been running Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 on an XP Pro system that was fully up to date for about 6 months on an old 3GZ single processor system with 2GB of RAM. I decided to upgrade to a Duo processor about 3 weeks ago and to move upgrade to Windows 7. For the upgrade I choose to use the Windows Easy Transfer program to setup all my accounts. Since moving to the new system I have been unable to connect my Contacts to my email system in Outlook 2007. If I select NEW email and then click on the TO: and type in a name to search for the email address it gives me an...