using Word as my e-mail editor

By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook
2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the
Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does
anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document
directly into the Word e-mail editor message area,
instead of a separate window--which then requires a
copy /paste procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
0
anonymous (74717)

No, you cannot as when you are using a new Word document, it is not
connected to your email account usage of Wordmail.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Alex asked:

| By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook
| 2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the
| Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does
| anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document
| directly into the Word e-mail editor message area,
| instead of a separate window--which then requires a
| copy /paste procedure?
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Alex

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

using forms

E-mail Name
I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- mail, the names for my contacts are first last. I would like them to be last, first. I tried going into the Tools, options, contact options, name and filing options but it didn't work. Help! Find the properties of your Outlook Address Book service (method depends on mode in which OL2k is installed - this can be found in help | about) and you should be able to set the display defaults as "file as" rather than the inane "first last". Lisa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- > ...

Why does Excel lag Word in the simple stuff?
Like choosing the default file location in Office 2007? Like having to alter basic Windows parameters just to change the default type for comments? Little stuff that says a lot about the quality of Microsoft programming and interface design. For several versions Microsoft said it was impossible, personal correspondence, to have combo-boxes in Word forms without writing macros although they were coded into Access. Voila, combo-boxes achieve the impossible in Word 2007. Ya gotta love (or something opposite) those guys . . Either way you get to pay full OS prices for Vista SP3 aka Win 7. ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Word 2007 won't start
I have Word 2007 installed under Windows 7 32-bit, all apps updated to current patch/fix levels. Whenever I try to start Word 2007, I see the Word document screen, including a list of recovered documents. Before the startup sequence finishes, I get an error message tellng me that "Microsoft Word has stopped working." I've tried running MS diagnostics and had no luck. I'd prefer to re-install MS Word without reinstalling all apps, but the next step appears to be an uninstall/reinstall of MS Office. Any other ideas? Thanks! Michael L. Wyland Sumpti...

Exchange 2003 removing Internet Headers on incoming mail
Our exchange 2003 server strips out the internet headers. We have a catchall internet mailbox which is collected by exchange POP3 and then forwarded to all internal mailboxes by virtual SMTP. Is there a setting to prevent the headers being stripped out? At first I though it was Outlook 2003, but I've enabled the DWORD registry setting "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders" which shows only the internal receipt into virtual SMTP and nothing else. Regards Anthony On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:58:19 +0100, "Anthony Hunt" <ach@kl2.com> wrote: >Our exchange 2003 server ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Advanced E-mail options
I can't find anything googling for this so can anybody point me at a help source. When sending a message, if I select "Set Importance" or "Set Sensitivity" from the "Advanced E-mail Options" dialog, what do the categories mean and what do they do? For example what is the difference between "Private" and "Confidential" and what different effects do they have? Thanks -- (\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") I'll answer 1/2 about the importance function. If you set as High, the recipient gets a red exclamation mark in a c...

Mail Delivery Error #3
Hi, I've been getting the following error through the exchange server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: discount Sent: 5/22/2006 4:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@addresshere.com on 5/22/2006 5:02 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. < dms2.vps.net.au #5.4.6 SMTP; 554 5.4.6 Too many hops> Background information: We host an Excha...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Help pasting Word table into Excel, please?
(Using Word and Excel XP) I have a table in Word with no merged cells. The text in some cells, however, contain line or paragraph breaks. When copied and pasted into Excel, these cells are always formatted as merged, with a new cell at each line or paragraph break. Is there any way around this, so a cell will copy as a single cell with the breaks in the text? Ed I don't see how merged cells comes into play.... But saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. On...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces