using Word as my e-mail editor

By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook
2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the
Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does
anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document
directly into the Word e-mail editor message area,
instead of a separate window--which then requires a
copy /paste procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
0
anonymous (74721)

No, you cannot as when you are using a new Word document, it is not
connected to your email account usage of Wordmail.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Alex asked:

| By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook
| 2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the
| Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does
| anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document
| directly into the Word e-mail editor message area,
| instead of a separate window--which then requires a
| copy /paste procedure?
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Alex

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

How to Bounce mail
I run Xp outlook SP3 and would like to "Bounce" (return) certain mail -- automatically back to the sender. Can this be done ? david David wrote: > I run Xp outlook SP3 and would like to "Bounce" (return) certain mail -- > automatically back to the sender. Can this be done ? > david Fake bounces are considered deliberate backscatter and are reportable as spam. Expect to get added to public and private blacklists as a spam source. YOU have no guaranteed information in a received e-mail as to who was the true sender of an e-mail. The only ...

I dont get "parked" mails from the mailmarshal -URGENT
hi all I have a mail marshal (hosted by a outside company) in front of my exchange server. the point a public ip to the internal ip of my exchange server on the network. i get all the mails that send to my exchange. The only mail that do NOT come through is the one's that get parked on the mailmarshal because it is to big (this should be delivered after 5) However i don't get anything. If i search in message tracking from a user to a recipient i do NOT get any info but i do get the info of the mails that was send earlier and also small from the same sender to the same recipient...

Utilizing end-user workstations for e-mail processing and storing?
Hello! As the number of our users is growing, so is the load on the e-mail server. Our primary business is support and people's mailboxes (some as large as 20Gb) are their frequent source of reference (going back to 1997 for some people). Can the end-users' desktops -- a resource, that already has to scale together with the number of users -- be utilized to handle some/all of the e-mail load? The desktops are "beefy" (plenty of RAM and diskspace, dual-core CPUs) and can handle each user's mailbox handily. They are also "always on". Can each user's e-mail...

Invalid use of Null
Hi, M getting error (Invalid use of Null) with crosstab where i have used left outer join. I tried different ways to get rid of error message but it follows all the time. I tried using "Nz" "IIF" but didnt work. Please help if someone can help me on my below query. TRANSFORM Sum(IIf([ANR]>0,[ANR],0)) AS Expr1 SELECT report4.country FROM report4 LEFT JOIN REPORT4_ACTUALS ON (report4.PL = REPORT4_ACTUALS.PL) GROUP BY report4.country PIVOT REPORT4_ACTUALS.Expr2 Thanks in advance, Vikram Hi, Try first creating a normal select query that returns the records which you...

I want all my users to not use Cached Mode
Gurus, I just re-installed Office 2003 on my Windows Server 2003 SP1. But it is using Cached mode which is a no-no on Terminal Server. How can I make Outlook not use Cache Mode for all new users of this system? -- Spin Was outlook installed before or after terminal services was installed? If before, uninstall office then reinstall it. Jeff Pitsch http://www.sbcgatekeeper.com Your Terminal Services Security Website "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3u24lfFv94fbU1@individual.net... > Gurus, > > I just re-installed Office 2003 on my Windows Serv...

Undeliverable e-mails
Some people are receiving an error while trying to e-mail certain groups. Others can e-mail the group with no problem. We are having the same problem when some people try to e-mail certain individuals (not associated with a group having problems). The following is an error from one of the users. _____________________________________________ From: System Administrator Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:36 PM To: Management Subject: Undeliverable: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 9/21/2006 4:36 PM The following recipient...

Pivot Table: use a field in two different places
Two related questions: 1. Is there anyway to display a field in two different places. For example, I want to put a date field in the page part of pivot table. However, I also want that same date field in the row area. So when I choose "all" dates on the page filter, I will be able to see the individual dates in the row as well. Right now when I try to add the field, it takes it out of where it used to be. i.e., when I add to the page, the row field disappears. 2. I want to group dates by month. But I also want to display the individual dates in the row area righ...

How to paste Conditional Formatting to other cells but using different data cell
I've made a spreadsheet that has a column for days of testing and another column that calculates the actual days it took for testing. Each row has a different day requirment of when testing should be complete. How can I format the column of "actual days of testing" to color the cell in red with bold type when the value of this cell is greater than the cell of "days of testing"? I tried conditional formating, but this only works for one row, when I tried to paste the format to other cells it used the data source from the first row. It would be too time consuming to indiv...

Can more as 1 user use Excel File in Intranet in the same Time
Can more as 1 user use or modify Excel File in Intranet in the same ?? no excel is for fucking retards. use a database; Excel has ZERO VALUE -Aaron ADP Nationalist marcin wrote: > Can more as 1 user use or modify Excel File in Intranet in the same ?? ...

How to see __argc and __targv command arguments using VS.NET 2005 debugger
I have an MFC app (VS.NET 2005) and when I step into the CWinApp::ParseCommandLine(...) there are externs __argc and __targv visible. If I select one and invoke Quickwatch, the message is CX0017: Error: symbol "__targv" not found. How can I look at the command line arguments __argc and __targv using the debugger? I can select the symbol and then go to the definition and see that it's an extern, so the debugger knows that the symbol is defined. Ed -- Edward E.L. Mitchell Phone: (239)415-7039 6707 Daniel Court Fort Myers, FL 33908 Edward Mitchell wrote: > I have an ...

default e-mail account failure
I hope somebody can help me and send me a solution. I use Windows XP Professional and Office Professional, including Outlook 2002. My system is on Exchange Server. I have my laptop set to the default e-mail account but when I send e- mail, it won't honor the default setting, it is sending through the account which is the Exchange Server account. This is a new development. It only started doing this a few days ago. Prior to that, there was no problem with the same setup and system. Does anybody have any ideas on what might have happened or how to fix the problem? In all, I have f...

How do I remove an e-mail heading from an Excel file?
In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file which I must have accidentally inserted. The e-mail portion needs to be removed, but cannot find how to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi alstarr Click on the mail button next to the Save icon in the Standard toolbar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "alstarr" <alstarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66522CEC-F128-453B-8EF3-29EA1417E1C3@microsoft.com... > In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file > which I must ha...

Use ROUND within custom function
I created a function to calc the % of markup, it works just fin until I get into prices >99.99, and then it doesn't match to some current data I'm using that I think is rounding. Have I built this function properly? and if so how do I get it to round? Function Markup(Price) 'Low to High price range * % + flat additional amount If Price <= 9.99 Then Markup = Price * (400 / 100 + 1) + 5 If Price > 9.99 And Price <= 49.99 Then Markup = Price * (325 / 100 + 1) + 15 If Price > 49.99 And Price <= 99.99 Then Markup = Price * (275 / 100 + 1) + 25 If Pric...

Mail Filtering
I have SMTP mail filtering configured and turned on for my SMTP virtual server IP address. My question is will the sender of a message that is going to be filtered out get a non-delivery response or will it just look as if the message has gone through to them? ...

Group e.mails problem
I use Microsoft Office: mac 2008. When I am asked to stop sending e.mails to people on a group mailing list, the messages continue to go out to them with subsequent mailings, even though the addresses have been deleted. How can I stop this? Faydells On 1/29/10 7:51 AM, in article C788B498.141D%faywjacobsen@greenbee.net, "Fay Jacobsen" <faywjacobsen@greenbee.net> wrote: > When I am asked to stop sending e.mails > to people on a group mailing list, the messages continue to go out to them > with subsequent mailings, even though the addresses have been d...

Collecting E-mail Addresses from E-mail Messages
I am using Microsoft Vista Home Premium and Office 2003. Is there a way to get Outlook to collect all the e-mail addresses that I have sent to and received from and put them in one handy list to be organized? yekke wrote: > I am using Microsoft Vista Home Premium and Office 2003. Is there a way to > get Outlook to collect all the e-mail addresses that I have sent to and > received from and put them in one handy list to be organized? Starting to make your holiday card mailing list? Unless you have saved a copy of every e-mail that you have received (or, at least, th...

How do I turn off the preview option in outlook mail?
In the Outlook Mail area there is a preview of the incoming email. I would like to know if there is a way to turn this feature off. I believe it allowed me to get a virus before the virus protection was able to detect it when it opened it automatically. I may be wrong but am trying to look at all issues. Thank you for your help. ...

How to correctly use the SELECT DISTINCT predicate in MS Access?
I am getting syntax errors when trying to use the SELECT DISTINCT predicate in my query. Has anyone had any success getting this to work properly, and if so, what is the correct syntax. I have tried to work with this for three days now and have had no success in using this. Any help would be appreciated. I use it quite frequently when I don't have a lookup table for some aspect of an application or database. A little better explaination of what you are trying to do would help. Maybe include the SQL statement along with a description of your table structure look like. What fie...

Outlook erased on Word repair
I had a glitch in Word xp that I elected to do a quick detect & repair on... only to find that it nuked my Outlook completely away! Nuked hundreds and hundreds of email addresses, and thousands of email's, important clips, attachments, and the lot. Gone. Way to f'n go microsoft. I'm switching to Eudora... What kind of an irresponsible piece of f'n crap this has become. This is akin to my car's radio getting a stuck Cd in it, and the result is having the car's engine vertically eject through the hood. Absolute, unmittigated dung. For years I used to work...

Can you make a Rule to test the absence of words?
Outlook 2003. Is there a way to create a rule that tests for the absence of words or phrases? For example, "move the email to x folder if the subject does NOT include "word y". Yes, you can construct a rule with no conditions, a move action, and an = "except if subject contains word y" exception condition.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcod...

Possible trouble with inbound mail; missing verbs?
Hello, I am getting sporadic reports that some mail is not being delivered to our Exchange 2003 SP2 organization. When I do a telnet localhost 25 on the server and type ehlo, here is what I get: 250-servername.domain Hello [127.0.0.1] 250-TURN 250-SIZE 250-ETRN 250-PIPELINING 250-DSN 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-8bitmime 250-BINARYMIME 250-CHUNKING 250-VRFY 250-X-LINK2STATE 250-XEXCH50 250 OK Does this look right? I've done some searching and it looks like it might be missing some of the 'x' verbs and the auth login? I've not customized/changed anything (to my knowledg...

Can I Use VBA to filter Incoming Mails?
Microsoft Outlook does provides spam filtering feature. But I think it just provides basic functionalities, and not adequate to filter today's sophisticated spams. For example, I receive the same type spams over and over again but there's no way to block it with Outlook's filter. Those spams are... Type 1) With no title, no sender - No option for "black subject" Type 2) One single add image linked external URL - No option for filtering HTML source Type 3) Mails with meaningless strings in subject or body Like "Re:Document xewxz...

"Totals" button in query
While trying to figure out a vacationing coworker's query, I find that he's got a "Total" row in the quey grid, and I discovered that by clicking on what looks like the greek letter sigma on the toolbar, that it toggles this row on/off. Suboptions are Group By, Sum, Avg, etc. but I can't tell from executing the query that they do anything. All his "Total" values are "Group By." Thanks for any insight. A "Totals" query is a Select query that is doing some aggregate calculations on the data selected: Sum/Average/Count the number of rec...

using out look
iam using hotmail , but having some trouble opening sent files , so i tryed to sent up account on out look but it will not let me send e-mails ...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...