Using Task Folder as a public folder ...

I want to use a task folder as a public folder .

The objective is to track a sequence of events , and the
requirement is that the view presented to each user must
be the same .  For example , while the information in the
task ( that which you find when double clicking the task )
remains viewable for all users , the fields (custom) that
I have set up ( on the view prior to double clicking a
task) do not appear on the other users machine.  These
fields will contain information about what is contained
within the task , but if all users cannot see them , it
defeats my goal .

What am I doing wrong ? Can u help please ?
0
anonymous (74722)

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Cannot log in using WindowsID (was able to before)
I just bought MS Money 2007 Deluxe yesterday. The install went smooth, without any issues. I registered a new WindowsID and was able to successfully log into MS Money. However, today when I tried to log into MS Money, the messge apeared that the "Money was not able to recognize your WindowsID" or something like it and that "You will still have access to some functions but will not be able to make online updates". Now I'm not able to make updates. Any idea what this could be? Is the authentication server for WindowsID down or something? See the post under Mon...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

How to use structured reference (ListColumns) in VBA
I want to do something simple...loop through a range retrieving values one at time and taking action on that value. This range is an Excel 2007 table column. Easy enough...BUT I want to use structured references to a table column by NAME, not numbers. I don't want to define new names, just use the table column headings. I've found ways of doing it with quotes, but that's not structured....the names in quotes do not change if the table heading is changed by the user. The formulas change if the table column heading is changed, but I want it to change in VBA to...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

red recovery drive folder
So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D: drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my computer properl...

how to use roundup
how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 to 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800 thank alot =ROUNDUP(A1,-2) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D5EA24-858C-49D3-A5ED-481FEBEA36CB@microsoft.com... > how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 > to > 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800 > thank alot =CEILING(A1,100) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft...

Using 'like' on a user prompt
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my command with the WhereCondition: docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]" I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of LastName LIKE %...% LastName LIKE *...* LastName LIKE [%...%] LastName LIKE [*...*] You get the idea... No luck so far. Any thoughts? On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397@uwe> wrote: >I wan...

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Task requests lacking "Accept" button
In Outlook 2003 (SP2, all updates) on my notebook, the task requests that I receive are lacking the clickable button to accept or reject them. If I poll the same task requests on my desktop machine, they do show the missing buttons. I tried scanpst.exe and a new profile, but in vain. Similar behavior of task requests was reported in this group repeatedly, recently in http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/5eafcfdd852be150/955da670ca93e396?hl=de&lnk=st&q=#955da670ca93e396 What can I do? Salut, Aristide On 7 Nov., 00:31, Aristide de la Tanne <a...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

Importing Excel named ranges using MS Query
I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table using MS Query. When I import the workbook my options are only to select the "tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$). I don't want to use the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets. Thanks, Kathy H Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the sheetname$ tables. KHanna wrote: > I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table > usi...