using paid servers with Outlook Express.

I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook
Express.

Does giganews work with Outlook Express?  Can Outlook Express deal with
binary newsgroups?

Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent?  I have a very old
version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my
email.

0
tim.news1 (2)

Oops.  I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress

0
tim.news1 (2)

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Need advice on NT4 -> Server 2008 R2 upgrade
We currently have an NT4 domain but are looking at making the jump to Server 2008 R2, A/D, etc. but we have some limitations on what can be upgraded so I need some advice. Here is our current configuration: * NT4 PDC and BDC * All user workstations are Win XP SP3 * All file servers except for the PDC and BDC are Server 2003 Std * There are about 10 process control workstations running Windows 2000. These can _NEVER_ change. * There are a hundred or so NT4 workstations. These can _NEVER_ change. * A few Linux systems that are running SAMBA and use the NT4 domain for authentication....

outlook 2000 #7
can anyone tell me how I extend the range of spam filters to block unwanted emails. I understand that there is a file called filters.txt but that seems just to be a statement of fact rather than a method of editing email content. any help wouold be appreciated (remove myknickers for email reply) thanks John ...

using forms

outlook or freeware calendar
My mother in law is in a nursing care facility. My wife is coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars. Both of us are at a loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email correspondents. Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the same thing. The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent. This seems to me to be a crude i...

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server
Our company is in process to implement Great Plains and MS Solutions Partner suggested next configuration: 1 server - WS 2003 standart (Terminal Server) 2 server - WS 2003 Standart + SQL 2000. Is it possible to use on server 2 Small Business Server 2003 Premium ? What about problems with domain? Regards, I do not believe it is possible to have two machines running Windows SBS 2003 because each machine will want to be the domain controller. I think you'd be better off with: Machine 1: Windows 2003 with Terminal Services Machine 2: Windows 2003 with SQL Server. This machine can also...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Public Folder move to a new server with replication enabled
What is the best method to move replicated public folders. We have a four server env. running W2K3 EX2003. I am trying to migrate some data off two server that are running out of space. The two servers runnning out of space are replicatiing public folders. I would like to move the public stores to two new servers. What is the best way to do it with the replication intact. Can I just move the stores? Is it an option to replicate to the new servers and stop relicating the old server when the folders are created. Keeping downtime to a minimun is a primary goal. Thanks in advance for your...

How To Separate Email Accounts in Outlook
Hi, I created two email accounts in Outlook, one for myself and one for my wife. How do I separate the two so that I download only my mail and my wife downloads only her mail. Any help appreciated. Ron What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will pro...