Using Outlook for AOL e-mail #2

I have set up my Outlook to handle my AOL e-mail as per
the instructions on the Microsoft web page:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-
us/assistance/HA010936921033.aspx

I see my inbox.  The problem is when I try to send an e-
mail, I get:

Task 'AOL E-Mail - Sending' reported error
(0x800CCC7D): "Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not
support SSL - secured connections.  If SSL - secured
connections have worked in the past, contact your server
administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).

I talked to 3 different support people at AOL, and they
have no idea.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows XP with Office 2003 and AOL 9.0.

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74717)

> Task 'AOL E-Mail - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC7D): "Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not
> support SSL - secured connections.  If SSL - secured
> connections have worked in the past, contact your server
> administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Do not use SSL with the SMTP server.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

outlook 2000 #7
can anyone tell me how I extend the range of spam filters to block unwanted emails. I understand that there is a file called filters.txt but that seems just to be a statement of fact rather than a method of editing email content. any help wouold be appreciated (remove myknickers for email reply) thanks John ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

Outlook 2003 Cannot sort by subject
Hi all, In outlook 2003, when I click the subject bar to sort email by subjects, it will work sometimes but not every time. The email are sorted but the cursor will jump to the first email but not the email I highlighted before. This is VERY VERY annoying and I want to rollback to outlook xp. Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Greatly appreciated for your help. Cheers, Jo. Try Group By Conversation instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Go Offline in Outlook fails with SQL General Error
Hello After sometimes going offline in Outlook CRM Client I get an SQL General Error and the process cancels. I can repair that using the Diagnose program of the CRM Client. There I saw an message which says Outlook Client Subcription is corrupt. In the Eventlog I found following Error Message: Ereignistyp: Fehler Ereignisquelle: MSCRMOfflineSync Ereigniskategorie: Keine Ereigniskennung: 6000 Datum: 21.05.2008 Zeit: 18:10:13 Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: NB169 Beschreibung: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. So...

E-mail Name
I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- mail, the names for my contacts are first last. I would like them to be last, first. I tried going into the Tools, options, contact options, name and filing options but it didn't work. Help! Find the properties of your Outlook Address Book service (method depends on mode in which OL2k is installed - this can be found in help | about) and you should be able to set the display defaults as "file as" rather than the inane "first last". Lisa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- > ...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

outlook or freeware calendar
My mother in law is in a nursing care facility. My wife is coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars. Both of us are at a loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email correspondents. Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the same thing. The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent. This seems to me to be a crude i...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Windows in taskbar #2
The windows in taskbar box keeps getting "unchecked" while working in different execel spreadsheets. I re-check it and save/close the box, but it continues to happen. Any ideas to correct this? Richard From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar" Option Is Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=215816 and the following advice from Dave Peterson '========================== From: Dave Peterson (ec35720@msn.com) Su...

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Using XML with ASP.NET

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList