Using MS Word as email editor causes "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning"

I am using MS Word as my email editor in Outlook XP. Whenever I press "new
email", I get the warning that
"program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning"

How do I fix this?

0
spam5598 (26)

If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, you will need to
disable the PDFMaker addin.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for more details on
how to do.  If you don't have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed,
check out the link anyway since it lists some of the 3rd party applications
that may trigger the additional security blocks added to SP3 for Office XP
(Outlook 2002).

"Ric" <spam@off.com> wrote in message
> I am using MS Word as my email editor in Outlook XP. Whenever I press "new
> email", I get the warning that
> "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning"
>
> How do I fix this?

0
neoheart (690)
8/4/2004 9:02:06 AM
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, you will need to
> disable the PDFMaker addin.  See
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for more details
on
> how to do.  If you don't have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed,
> check out the link anyway since it lists some of the 3rd party
applications
> that may trigger the additional security blocks added to SP3 for Office XP
> (Outlook 2002).

Thank you for the pointer - I do indeed have Adobe 6.0 installed. I
"upgraded" from Adobe 4.0 because that would not work in Office XP. But I am
not happy about paying for more software that I can't use properly.

Can't you software people get together to ensure that your software is
compatible with each other? There is no point in just blaming Adobe for
this - Microsoft is the loser in the long term. I already took back and got
a refund on my copy of Office 2003 professional because it was incompatible
with Symantec Winfax - so Microsoft lost that sale. I have not bought
Windows XP because googling shows that does not work with Symantec WInfax
either - so Microsoft have lost that sale too. I am actually now toying with
the idea of binning Office XP and retreating back to Office 2000 because
2000 did not have that utterly useless and irritating "a program is trying
to access your email addresses in Outlook" warning which causes endless
complications and irritations, including this latest one with Adobe.

If Microsoft can give users the option to turn this feckless warning off in
Outlook Express, why can't you allow Outlook 2002 users to turn it off too?
Please don't suggest I "upgrade" to 2003 - I have already tried and that
introduces a huge raft of incompatibility issues too.

Thank you,

Ric (who will never attempt to"upgrade" any Microsoft products again)

0
spam5598 (26)
8/4/2004 10:31:56 AM
Ric <spam@off.com> wrote:

> Can't you software people get together to ensure that your software is
> compatible with each other?

And who would "that people" be?  The people who answer you here rarely work
for either Microsoft or Adobe.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/4/2004 2:25:53 PM
Ric <spam@off.com> wrote:

> I am actually now toying with the idea of binning Office XP
> and retreating back to Office 2000 because 2000 did not have that
> utterly useless and irritating "a program is trying to access your
> email addresses in Outlook" warning which causes endless
> complications and irritations, including this latest one with Adobe.

It will if you apply SP3, as you should properly do to protect yourself from
mail-based threats.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/4/2004 2:28:46 PM
I already have antivirus software, so don't need Microsofts half-baked
solution. Microsoft should either build in proper viral protection or not do
it at all and leave it to third party software. Just building in that
idiotic blocking message just causes annoyance to a lot of people, as
googling on it shows.

> Ric <spam@off.com> wrote:
>
> > I am actually now toying with the idea of binning Office XP
> > and retreating back to Office 2000 because 2000 did not have that
> > utterly useless and irritating "a program is trying to access your
> > email addresses in Outlook" warning which causes endless
> > complications and irritations, including this latest one with Adobe.
>
> It will if you apply SP3, as you should properly do to protect yourself
from
> mail-based threats.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
spam5598 (26)

Using MS Word as email editor causes "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning"
I am using MS Word as my email editor in Outlook XP. Whenever I press "new email", I get the warning that "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning" How do I fix this? If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, you will need to disable the PDFMaker addin. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for more details on how to do. If you don't have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, check out the link anyway since it lists some of the 3rd party applications that may trigger the additional security blocks added...