using forms

Vista Home Premium 32 / Outlook 2007

I have created some forms that used to work.  No more.
On selecting a form, I get "The form required to view this message
cannot be displayed. Contact the administrator.  To my knowledge, I am
the administrator.  This is a stand-alone PC in my residence.  If I go
to Manage User Accounts, it shows only 2 accounts - LastName
Administrator and Guest.
I have googled my problem and found references to FRMCACHE.DAT which I
am told to delete and restart Outlook.  Did that.  Opened Outlook and
tried to open a form. Same error.  And FRMCACHE.DAT was not rebuilt.
Doing 'Find' shows no such file.
FWIW, I can open the file in 'Design Form' and edit and publish.
How do I get rid of the error?
BONUS QUESTION:  Is there a way to point Outlook to a NEW default folder
that contains all my forms?
0
jay.lunis (63)

What types of forms -- contact, message, etc.? Where are they published? Do
you have backup copies in the form of .oft files? What has changed on the
machine between the time when they used to work and now? Does the problem
occur with all forms or just some?

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Sue Mosher [MVP] wrote:
> What types of forms -- contact, message, etc.? Where are they published? Do
> you have backup copies in the form of .oft files? What has changed on the
> machine between the time when they used to work and now? Does the problem
> occur with all forms or just some?
>
> FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
> hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

Thanks, I'll post there.
0
jay.lunis (63)
9/22/2009 1:04:40 PM
When you do post there, please answer all the questions I already asked.

"j lunis" wrote:

> Sue Mosher [MVP] wrote:
> > What types of forms -- contact, message, etc.? Where are they published? Do
> > you have backup copies in the form of .oft files? What has changed on the
> > machine between the time when they used to work and now? Does the problem
> > occur with all forms or just some?
> >
> > FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
> > hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
>
> Thanks, I'll post there.

Use Vista to restore windows mail from backup
I use Vista 32bit backup to backup my computer. Vista 32 bit backup is not a disk image backup. I will be reinstalling everything on my computer. I use Vista Windows Mail that came with my computer for my email. How do I use Vista restore from my latest backup to restore my emails and contacts and email accounts POP/SMTP settings? I assume Vista 32 bit backup backs this up. Vista help does not specifically address this. Thank You for your Help. Bob Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I...

data entry using functions??????
I would like to type in one cell data and have data returned to another cell. Example: A1 B1 C1 D1...........H1...J1 K1 L1 data typed into H1 matches data in A1; I need data in B1 C1 D1 to return to J1 K1 L1. I would like to copy the formulas down in J1:L1 thru 30 or so rows but may have only 15 rows of data in A1:D1 Data entered in the H1:31 should match one of the entries in A1:15 and return the corresponding data in B,C,D 1:15 to the corresponding cells in J,K,L 1:31 I cannot figure out how to do this, the IF function won't do this in any format I can discern. Hope I have mad...

use license office 2008 for office 2007
hi, does the product key of office mac 2008 also work to validate an office 2007 edition (for windows)? thanks in advance, michael On 3/12/09 12:57 PM, in article 34F37494-E647-488A-B725-C05E577E671B@microsoft.com, "michael" <michael @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > does the product key of office mac 2008 also work to validate an office 2007 > edition (for windows)? > > thanks in advance, > michael No. -- Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom ...

Which to use and how to use it
I want to modify a Word document by adding a field from which users can select 1 item from a list of given alternatives. I have tried messing around with list and combo boxes but just cannot get them to do what I want. I use a combobox but cannot populate any selections. I use a listbox but cannot add any text. I do not know much about VBA (I assume this is VBA) so am asking questions for all sorts of things and hopefully the answer will be forthcoming. Thanks "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8268F02F-A644-4862-8479-358B646F...

Sorting Syntax using VB
Hello, I am a newbie to the use of VB and Excel. I am trying to sort the range on Sheet 1..order by Company, then by Date most recent date. Below is what I have but how can I make it acend? Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A3:g400").Sort _ Key1:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), _ Key2:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") Any thoughts and help is much appreciated. Kind Regards, Ray One thing that as a newbie you might try is to record a macro while you do what you want manually. For instance it might look something l...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

access 2003 forms not workin access 2007
I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for input on any field contained in the form. If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I let it run throught the code, it cannot see the fields. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Patrick Patrick Hatton <Patrick Hatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for >input on any field contained in the form. > >If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I...

Excel menus are locked when opening an XLS file using IE
A financial website (www.investors.com) is publishing daily an Excel spreadsheet. When I click on the link, Internet Explorer asks me whether I want to save the file or open the file. When I choose "Open" the Excel file shows up nicely in my browser ... the IE menus change to Excel menus. Problem: I can only use the File menu choices; the other menus are LOCKED. Why? I'm using Office XP on Windows 2000 Professional. At work I'm using Office 2002 and things work fine. Is this an Office XP issue, or is ther somewhere a setting that I have to teak? Any help is mu...

make a field value a condition for select to populate rest of form
Given a form with 3 fields: ssn firstname lastname Currently, data source for the form is a table, 'emp'. So when we open the form we can scroll through each of the rows in emp. We need to be able to enter a value in ssn and use that value to query emp to populate the other two fields. On Dec 27, 9:06 am, EdStevens <quetico_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Given a form with 3 fields: > > ssn > firstname > lastname > > Currently, data source for the form is a table, 'emp'. So when we > open the form we can scroll through each of the rows in emp. We n...

Use ActiveX controls or the controls in VC
Dear all, I am designing a GUI dialog with MFC in VC6.0. I found that many controls in VC6 can be replaced with ActiveX controls. So one question: which one should we prefer to use? Do ActiveX controls have more advanced features allowing customising? Many thanks, Usually activex control brings extra file dependency to your executable, and sometimes they are licensed. So I would use windows standardard control if there is no special need for activex control. "Yuchun Xu" <breezexuyc@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:%235%23nbYseGHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

Using InStr to find a range of ASCII characters
Hello, I need to create a query that finds all the ascii characters from 192 to 255 and finds some others like 140, 158 & 159. I looked for a similar question in the forums and didn't find anything. Here is what I tried: Public Function FindChars(textIn As String) As String Dim strNameIn As String strNameIn = Nz(textIn, "") If InStr(1, strNameIn, Chr(192)-Chr(255)) > 0 Then Debug.Print strNameIn End If End Function Of course, this doesn't work. I tried a number of other variations also. Thanks for any ...

From Query to Table via Form?
Using:Access 2003 (I'm not even sure how to ask this, so patient people only probably need to proceed) Situation: Portion of my database deals with preventive maintenance performed to vessels. Originally I was instructed to utilize the database to create a library of sorts dealing with equipment on a fleet of vessels. Followed by a general table for entry that the maintenance had been completed, hours at time of service etc. To keep from having to repeat Prev.Maint items for each vessel I set up the following: tblfleet tblvesselCompartment(main engines, bow Thrusters, steering etc...

How do you use database
It is the first time i have ever used database and i donot now how to use it. The other problem i face is that i don't know what is for!!! so please can someone help I would recommend that you go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx and go thru the training tutorials. It will explain what a database is, etc. Using Microsoft Access will be a challenge for you if you don't have the basic understanding of what a database is. Definition of Database: A collection of related data. Access is a "relational" database. -- cw "Tink the Stink...

Symbols used in excel
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel formulas and what they mean? I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would be great. To get a list of symbols, enter =CHAR(ROW()) in A1 and copy down to row 255. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "SarahN" <SarahN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7949574D-550E-4AF1-A9DD-82851F7D4AF8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel > formulas and what they mean? > > I am experimen...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Using Foxpro from within Ms Excel using macros
Does anyone now how to incorporate the foxpro code "=sys(3050,1,100000) into a VB macro so that the remote machines I am using restrict foreground/background buffer memory. The following is taken from Microsoft's own website.... "Using the commands COPY, APPEND, DELETE, INDEX, PACK or SQL-SELECT on a large table in Visual FoxPro causes long pauses while the data is being manipulated. The hard drive continues processing the data, but Visual FoxPro seems to be inactive. This happens because computers that have large amounts of RAM and are running Windows 95 or Windows NT g...

How to use Autocorrect?
I think I have Autocorrect set up right. None of the changes seem to occur when I input text. Is there a way to turn the feature on, other than the menu item under Tools? jlb Hi jlb, Do you have the option "Replace text as you type" selected? You need to enter exactly what is shown in the "replace" box. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project "jlbreyer" <jlbreyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How can I use the vlookup function to return a sum of the values?
Hi, I am trying to use the vlookup function to return several values as 1 result into 1 single cell. For example, i have a spreadsheet which lists several different dpeartments. These departments may be repaeted many times in the spreadsheet. I need a sum of thoses values to be returned in a separate cell using the vlookup function. Can someone help me on this please? Thanks Chaandni Wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to use the vlookup function to return several values as 1 > result > into 1 single cell. For example, i have a spreadsheet which lists > several > differ...

Use the corrective update from MS Corp.
--yguttddiaswmk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hkntzgxooejuz"; type="multipart/alternative" --hkntzgxooejuz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jqpsaghc" --jqpsaghc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect y...

vb.net forms error
When I am debugging a vb.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating system. When the click event has occurred, I have just attached an excel 2003 spreadsheet to a file in the general direc...

Using Roundup in an IF Statement
This is probably simple but I can't get it to work. I need to have the number in D10, if is less than 50000, rounded up to the nearest hundred. Then I need to apply the formula (((D10/1000)*0.23)*12) to the rounded up number. If the number in D10 is 50,000 or more, the formula should return a hard number, in this case it will be 138. =IF((D10*1)<50000, roundup ((d10*1),2), (((D10/1000)*0.23)*12),138) On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:14:33 -0800 (PST), LBW <lwollrab@gmail.com> wrote: >This is probably simple but I can't get it to work. I need to have >the number i...

Can't export email form to Access (Error Msg Corrupt or Modified)
When I receive a competed Access Data Form in, Access Data Collection Replies, to update data in a Access Table. I get an error msg (Email Form is Corrupt or Has Been Modified) when I try to export to Access. Using Windows 7 - Access 2007 & Outlook 2007 -- Bill ...

how can I use arguments to sort and use data from selected dates
I need to produce graphs that relate to data over a given month, is there anyway I can set up my spread sheet to recognise that the inputted date has changed month and hence to put the new data into another table? It's not clear what you are really asking. If you are entering data into a cell, then that's where it will stay. I can't see how it can then be part of a new table. Am I missing something? Matt -- Mallycat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

Put Button on form to move BE
I would ike to place a button on a form which will allow user to move "Data.mdb" from current location to another location. Like from K: drive to L: drive. I realize that the FE will have to relink. I have code in FE that will ask for location of BE if it can not be found on original K: drive. I have used DOS Move to make the move, but I want to do it with code in a Button on my FE form. Hi Jerry, That seems to me like a dangerous thing to do. You will need to make sure that no one else is accessing the data database, among other things. And if any tables ha...