using former OTLK XP/2002 .pst with OTLK 2007

I try to search knowledge base but could'nt find a clear answer.

I will soon move to a new PC on Vista with Office 2007.

1) will I be able to move/copy OTLK XP .pst personal and archive data
files to the equivalent OTLK 2007 data path on the new PC to get all my
mail accounts, contacts, personal and archive folders working in OTLK
2007? or
2) do I have to use import to get these into blank default OTLK 2007 .pst
file created during OTLK 2007 installation? (I am guessing blank .pst
files are created on install).

Thanks in advance. A simple link would do.

--
Alain Caillet

Alain Caillet <AA-Caillet@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I try to search knowledge base but could'nt find a clear answer.
>
> I will soon move to a new PC on Vista with Office 2007.
>
> 1) will I be able to move/copy OTLK XP .pst personal and archive data
> files to the equivalent OTLK 2007 data path on the new PC to get all
> my mail accounts, contacts, personal and archive folders working in
> OTLK 2007?

Never do this.  First, placing PSTs in a particular folder is immaterial and
will not add them automatically even if they are in the default folder.
Second, if you overwrite an existing PST and that PST is part of a mail
profile, you will corrupt the profile.

> or
> 2) do I have to use import to get these into blank default OTLK 2007
> .pst file created during OTLK 2007 installation? (I am guessing blank
> .pst files are created on install).

Never export to or import from a PST.  It's unnecessary and you lose data.
Instead, use appropriate backup and restore procedures.  See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Word 2007 won't start
I have Word 2007 installed under Windows 7 32-bit, all apps updated to current patch/fix levels. Whenever I try to start Word 2007, I see the Word document screen, including a list of recovered documents. Before the startup sequence finishes, I get an error message tellng me that "Microsoft Word has stopped working." I've tried running MS diagnostics and had no luck. I'd prefer to re-install MS Word without reinstalling all apps, but the next step appears to be an uninstall/reinstall of MS Office. Any other ideas? Thanks! Michael L. Wyland Sumpti...

Outlook XP VB Security Issue
Hi There I have a problem between a database program and Outlook. We are using Windows XP, Office XP, everything is service packed. Specifically, when we use the email function from the database program, it prompts as follows: "A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus ......" Yes, No, Help." The problem here is that when performing an email to potentially several hunderd or even a couple of thousand people, waiting 5 seconds each time to be able to press Y is a major drama. If ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

PST Backup #3
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know what may have gone wrong? "Toad" <ron@somercotes.net> wrote in message news:1123657499.608786.210550@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into > Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try > to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know > what may have gone...

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

What do you use Excel for?