I use address books to sort incoming mail.
An odd thing: depending on how the sender's name comes across, it doesn't
get caught by the filter (amd moved to the "Family Mail" Folder I have set
up. for example: my mom and dad's email (from momanddad@somedomain.com)
comes as from that address. However, in my contacts, they are listed by
their names: John and Mary Smith, with momanddad@somedomain.com as their
email address and John and Mary Smith as the display name.

What have I done wrong?

TIA

0
asleep1 (10)

1.  The big ONE - failed to post your version of Outlook.  Rules operate at
varying degrees of efficiency depending on your version.

Please note - this is not an Outlook Express group.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, The unknown
Posterchild asked:

| I use address books to sort incoming mail.
| An odd thing: depending on how the sender's name comes across, it
| doesn't get caught by the filter (amd moved to the "Family Mail"
| Folder I have set up. for example: my mom and dad's email (from
| momanddad@somedomain.com) comes as from that address. However, in my
| contacts, they are listed by their names: John and Mary Smith, with
| momanddad@somedomain.com as their email address and John and Mary
| Smith as the display name.
|
| What have I done wrong?
|
| TIA

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
7/25/2004 6:58:45 PM
Beat me silly and call me  Ishamel
 Office 2002

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:eoktqlncEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> 1.  The big ONE - failed to post your version of Outlook.  Rules operate
at
> varying degrees of efficiency depending on your version.
>
> Please note - this is not an Outlook Express group.
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, The unknown
> Posterchild asked:
>
> | I use address books to sort incoming mail.
> | An odd thing: depending on how the sender's name comes across, it
> | doesn't get caught by the filter (amd moved to the "Family Mail"
> | Folder I have set up. for example: my mom and dad's email (from
> | momanddad@somedomain.com) comes as from that address. However, in my
> | contacts, they are listed by their names: John and Mary Smith, with
> | momanddad@somedomain.com as their email address and John and Mary
> | Smith as the display name.
> |
> | What have I done wrong?
> |
> | TIA

0
asleep1 (10)

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

using forms

E-mail Name
I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- mail, the names for my contacts are first last. I would like them to be last, first. I tried going into the Tools, options, contact options, name and filing options but it didn't work. Help! Find the properties of your Outlook Address Book service (method depends on mode in which OL2k is installed - this can be found in help | about) and you should be able to set the display defaults as "file as" rather than the inane "first last". Lisa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- > ...

Default at Additional Sorts
if you go to Transactions-->Purchasing-->Transaction Entry click on the magnifying glass by Creditor ID, could you choose a column under Additional Sorts and make it as a default? if VBA is the only way to make it, then how do you save that in order to for it to remember that it is the default column? -- Thanks in advance, Susanna ...

Outlook 2003 Cannot sort by subject
Hi all, In outlook 2003, when I click the subject bar to sort email by subjects, it will work sometimes but not every time. The email are sorted but the cursor will jump to the first email but not the email I highlighted before. This is VERY VERY annoying and I want to rollback to outlook xp. Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Greatly appreciated for your help. Cheers, Jo. Try Group By Conversation instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Advanced E-mail options
I can't find anything googling for this so can anybody point me at a help source. When sending a message, if I select "Set Importance" or "Set Sensitivity" from the "Advanced E-mail Options" dialog, what do the categories mean and what do they do? For example what is the difference between "Private" and "Confidential" and what different effects do they have? Thanks -- (\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") I'll answer 1/2 about the importance function. If you set as High, the recipient gets a red exclamation mark in a c...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Exchange 2003 removing Internet Headers on incoming mail
Our exchange 2003 server strips out the internet headers. We have a catchall internet mailbox which is collected by exchange POP3 and then forwarded to all internal mailboxes by virtual SMTP. Is there a setting to prevent the headers being stripped out? At first I though it was Outlook 2003, but I've enabled the DWORD registry setting "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders" which shows only the internal receipt into virtual SMTP and nothing else. Regards Anthony On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:58:19 +0100, "Anthony Hunt" <ach@kl2.com> wrote: >Our exchange 2003 server ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Mail Delivery Error #3
Hi, I've been getting the following error through the exchange server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: discount Sent: 5/22/2006 4:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@addresshere.com on 5/22/2006 5:02 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. < dms2.vps.net.au #5.4.6 SMTP; 554 5.4.6 Too many hops> Background information: We host an Excha...

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

remove mail messages with virus
Hello, I am attempting to remove all messages containing a virus automatically received with Outlook Express or Outlook (that is the message does not appear in the inbox but is simply deleted). The problem is that AV Software such as Norton or Mcafee, do not allow the removal of messages containing viruses, but are delivered with a text attachment indicating that the virus has been removed. Inbox rules do not allow message management based on the attachemnt name or content. Thank you in advance ...

How to use interfaces