User prompted for password 5 times

One of my users is experiencing a very odd (at least to me) behavior. He is
logged into his XP system which is joined to our Active Directory, no
problems there. When he launches Outlook hs is prompted for his password for
some reason. He has to enter his password and click OK, then repeat this
step 5 times before it lets him in. Any thoughts?

Thanks

0
sunil1 (1)

I'm having a similar problem.  Also running XP and
Outlook 2003.  Did you get any answers?  I haven't tried
to authenticate 5 times but that should not be the
answer!  Right?

0
anonymous (74722)

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Disabling password feature on Personal Folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and set up the user's Outlook profile. I go to add his Personal Folders and browse to his saved .pst file and the system asks us for an outlook password. I enter his Outlook password and I get the message that it is incorrect. The problem is the user says he never password protected his .pst file. So how do I - or can I - remove the password protection so that I am able to add his Personal Folders? Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

XL97 vs XL? Recalc-time
Hi All........... I have a file that takes about 90 seconds to recalc............using XL97. Can anyone tell me please if it would be any faster by ONLY upgrading to a newer version of Excel? Tks, Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Hi Chuck, If the file is not confidential and less than 10Mb then I would be glad to run it in both xl97 and xl2002 and compare the calculations times. It's your call. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "CLR" <CLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1171FC6B-A206-4B90-8EA1-D8F837228AA4@microsoft.com Hi All........... I have a...

Users not showing up All Users

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

user breakpoint

Strange email prompt
I've inherited responsibility for running several programs that, among other things, email the results of the same programs. These programs run on several PCs and I've just added them to another PC so they can run there. The problem is, on this new PC, a prompt comes up saying something like "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No." Allow acces for " and there's a drop down window and I click yes and it continues and then another wind...

Recover Password
Everyone, I have a service that uses a user in our 2003 AD, and the password has been misplaced. Is it possible to obtain the password for this service account hosted in AD? "Alex Anderson" <AlexAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DA1F9B4-01A3-4190-80D7-21E3FC18312E@microsoft.com... > Everyone, > > I have a service that uses a user in our 2003 AD, and the password has > been > misplaced. Is it possible to obtain the password for this service account > hosted in AD? No, you cannot recover the password (except by...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

outgoing email is being blocked error 553 #5,7,1
i have add all my contacts to safe recipient. why does it still block some email? We have no idea, you have provided nothing to work with. Post your version of Outlook, the mail account type, and the complete error message you receive. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Dino asked: | i have add all my contacts to safe recipient. why does it still block | some email? ...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Server Error in '/' App. after Installation of Business Portal 2.5
Some shared web part (eg. Key Information, Quick Links...) cannot be displayed, while other shared web part (Company News) can do. And here's the message. What would be the solutions? Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested Url: /BusinessPortal/executable/centertasks.aspx Alexis, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen similar error messages because the BusinessPortal v...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...