User-defined fields in Tasks (MS Outlook)

Two questions please:
1.  How can I RENAME a user-defined field in Tasks, once
it has been created.  (not just in a column heading, but
the actual field name)

2.  How can I DELETE all fields whose value is (NONE) from
all records so that my files do not become too large
(after I have deleted obselete user-defined fields).  I
know how to delete field entries on individual records one
at a time, but this would take me days.

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74721)

How to redirect messages between 2 Exchange servers based on the recipient? (Outlook 2000)
We are currently suffering from reliability problems with our single Exchange server connected to the Internet -> emails to our main customer tend to get lost or delayed. As a consequence, we are considering the option of deploying a new email architecture based on 2 Exchange Servers: * Exchange Server A (NEW): connected to our main customer via a new VPN. Only emails addressed to that client's domain must go through this server. * Exchange Server B (EXISTING): connected to the Internet. To be used for all other messages. The 2 questions I'm supposed to answer are: 1...

Update Date/Time Field
I am trying to run an update query where if the Date/Time field is blank, I want it to enter today's date. Here's what I have: UPDATE Royalties SET Royalties.DatePaid = Now() WHERE (((Royalties.DatePaid)="IsNull")); I'm getting a data type mismatch, so I'm assuming that it has something to do with the "DatePaid" field being a date/time field. I'm self-taught in Access so I'm not too knowledgeable about what I could be missing to make this work. Could someone help me? Thank you so much!! WHERE IsNull([Royalties].[DatePaid]) = True You tried to...

OutLook Connector can't install
OutLook Connector 自動下載完成告知無法繼續安裝因網路無法連線,重開機多次益無效.網路正常可用 -- JWJC Same as the last 20 people who asked, I'm guessing. Troubleshooting Outlook - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#hm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75BF29A2-6501-448C-B825-1CEB3B182FEA@microsoft.com... > OutLook Connector 自動下載完成告知...

New to User Forms

Outlook profile not created on login
Hi, I have a .mst file that I have already setup in a batch file that I use to install Office 2000 on Terminal Servers/Metaframe Servers. I've used this many times in the past. I just built 2 new servers and one of them does not populate the Outlook settings for new users. By settings I mean the exchange server name, name, personal folder location, etc. The settings for Word, Excel, Powerpoint are there though. I then uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled it and get the same thing. I looked in the registry and the NewProf key is there with all the correct settings in it. ...

Field Code PageRef is not updating when word doc opened
MS Word 2007 use of quickparts Field Code PageRef problem. The value for the reference is not automatically updating when document is opened, or when document is changed. It appears it only updates if I highlight area and click update. How can I make it so the PageRef is dynamically updated as document is changed, saved or when opened? PageRef fields never update automatically. You must trigger a field update with Ctrl+A, F9 or by printing or switching to Print Preview. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.or...

email Merge in MS Word 2008 #3
Hi, I keep being told that Microsoft Word in MS Office 2008 for Mac can do an email version of a form letter provided you were also using the corresponding version of MS Entourage as your email program. (By and by, I am). I am running OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard on an iMac 20". The help files in MS Word seem hopelessly inadequate. They do not mention email merging. I assume I am supposed to find the tool in the mail merge manager under the tools menu, but under create new, I only find four options: Letter, Envelope, Label and Catalog. There seems to be no entry for email, not even a greye...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

Users Shared Folders

Outlook 2003 -- Always display BCC on new messages?
Hi all; anyone know how to always display the BCC field on every new message composed, you know, make it the default to display the BCC field? I've played around with forms editing but none of my efforts, which were little more than shots in the dark, have produced the desired results. Thanks, Lucee I forgot to add; when composing a new message, on the View menu the option to check the BCC field is not there as it was in Outlook XP :-( "BVIPrincess" <eecul62@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23hS3euE$EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hi all; anyone know how to...

Send/Recieve error in Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded one of uor machines from Office 2002 to Office 2003. All was well, excep Outlook started doing very strange things. It will send mail just fine, but when it recieves it will download the first two or three then freeze up and go "Not Responding". So, I close it down and reopen it, hit Send/Receive again and it grabs the first two or three messages it downloaded already and relpicates them in the inbox. Then it freezes up again. I tried running the "repair" feature off of the Office 2003 cd and reinstalling the whole suite but had no luck. ...

Users not showing up All Users

I have never been so upset with MS in my life...
I absolutley cannot believe this.... Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario... A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista SP1 from the Windows update.... No, that cannot be right I say.... I'll be right over.... Famous last words.... I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough.... AFTER, yes I said AFTER the computer spent about 3 hours tying to update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update and was the...

Outlook 2003 #70
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro connected to a Windows Server 2000 (Standard) and Exchange 2000 (standard) domain. When I send email I am unable to select any contacts other than those in the Global Address List. I have contacts stored locally in my Contacts folder and also on Public Folders. I am able to select Public Folders, but not any subfolders. I just am not sure what I am missing in order to select local contacts. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris Do you get any errors and are the Contact folders enabled as an email address book, to chec...

Clearing yes/no fields
I have a yes/no field that I tag if I want to send a bill to various people. After I have sent the bill I want to clear the field so I can use the field at a later time. Is there a way to do this? Do an update query and set the fields to No or 0 (zero). Make a copy of the database or table first just in case things go wrong. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Dan" wrote: > I have a yes/no field that I tag if I want to send a bill to various people. > After I have sent the bill I ...

user breakpoint

Outlook shortcuts
I'm getting this error in Outlook XP when clicking on the shortcuts on the left side of the screen. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists How do I correct this. I've visited Microsofts site and read article 814556 but it just tells me to contact microsoft. Thanks, Bryan Hi Bryan, The article you referred to, 814556, is actually a hotfix that requires contact with a Microsoft engineer to verify the issue before the bits can be sent out. Since it is a hotfix the call to Microsoft would be fr...

How to read Netnews using Outlook
I am trying to read netnews using Outlook. When I use Outlook Express, it also download's email. I do not want to have my email download to any program except Outlooks How can I set Outlook to read netnews? Dom "arcangel4588" <arcangel4588@comcast.net> wrote in message news:sfidnS7b9OyEFa_VnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@comcast.com... >I am trying to read netnews using Outlook. When I use Outlook Express, it >also download's email. I do not want to have my email download to any >program except Outlooks > > How can I set Outlook to read netnews? > > D...

Encrypting MS Money files?
I am not a MS Money user yet, but am trying to figure out from their literature if they have any security built into the software. Does it encrypt, or "just" password protect the database file on the hard drive? I'm worried about my laptop getting stolen and all my financial information being available. Should I invest in a hard drive encryption package too? What about those USB Key's that will lock down a folder or drive? What's everybody's recommendation to guarantee that your data cannot be retrieved in the event of the computet getting stolen? Thanks, Bob ...

Need User Name and Password

Outlook XP Archive
Outlook-XP with SP-3 Whenever I run the "archive all folders according to their autoarchive settings" the operation fails. Each time a new Personal Folder has been added to my list of folders which can not be opened. I keep removing these data folders but they come back every time archive runs automatically. I can archive my Personal Folders okay if I select to run for that item only. I've tried running Check and Repair and also uninstalled & reinstalled Outlook but problem remains. I assume there is a folder missing but I have not been able to locate any reference to...