Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out"

When using Outlook 2003 & Windows 2003 Terminal services
the option for Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out"
even logged in as Administrator.

Any Help

Thanks

Bill
0
wvr1 (1)

I don't believe it works on TS.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com

"RX Bill" <wvr1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When using Outlook 2003 & Windows 2003 Terminal services
> the option for Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out"
> even logged in as Administrator.
>
> Any Help
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

0
dianenws (1904)

Functions greyed out when using Pivot tables
I have an end user who is using pivot tables, and they were working fine up until the end of Jan. Whe she added her data for Feb and went to sort using the privot table order function they were all greyed out. She was originally using Excel 2k. Think that something had just become corrupt we upgraded her to Office 2K3. This did not solve the issue. I have insured the Office has been activated and that the sheet is not protected. We can send the sheet to another user and it functions correctly, as should. Anyone see this before or have any ideas? ...

Loss connection to Exhange & Folder Properties greyed out
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I know the trick on performing the cache empty via ctrl + click on the mail folder etc.. However, now evidently my cache is full but the menu item &quot;folder properties&quot; is greyed out so I cannot access the tab to go to empty the cache! Anybody that has had this problem? I tried booting etc. with no success... On 2/3/10 12:23 PM, jpouliot@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Email Client: Exchange I kno...

"Do not allow Attachments" box is greyed out
Just finished installing W2K SP4, IE6 SP1 and all the latest patches from MS. I am using Outlook Express but I cannot open or Save Attachments. Under Options/Security the box labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" is greyed out, therefore I cannot change the value. Tried MS web site, but I cannot find any fix. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q291387 Also note: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite diffe...

Why is the "ADD" button always greyed out in Custom File Propertie
Can't create any custom file properties....add button is always greyed out. Why? BobW wrote: > Can't create any custom file properties....add button is always > greyed out. Why? You have to type in a name for the property *and* a value. Only then does the Add button become enabled. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

'Restore to Mailbox' is greyed out in the redirection tab.HELP
Even I selected only one single mailbox. I am using Veritas BackupExec 7.3. The account I am logon has the local administrator rights. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bernard Jen ...

Insert Column and Row Tools Greyed out on custom toolbar
Hello - In OS 10.2.8 when I put the Insert Column and Insert Row tools onto my existing or onto a new toolbar using the Customize - Commands Dialog Box, the tools don't work. They are greyed out. However, it works on one computer, but not several others, and all versions appear to be the same. All other tools appear to be working normally, including Insert Cells, Delete row and delete column. Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks Mardee There are two sets of Insert Row/Insert Column Controls in MacXLv.X. The controls in the Customize/Commands/Edit category are for the List ...

Cant compress some images in my pp file. Ungroup greyed out
I Cant compress some images in my pp presentation. Looked up help, suggested that I right click, press ungroup, then regroup to loose OLE data information. Should then be able to complress images ok. But the ungroup op[tion is greyed out. Any help?? Jonathan In article <DDCACEA6-DE22-4BDE-B554-8ADD0B551C12@microsoft.com>, Jonny450 wrote: > I Cant compress some images in my pp presentation. Looked up help, suggested > that I right click, press ungroup, then regroup to loose OLE data > information. Should then be able to complress images ok. But the ungroup >...

2007 Outlook BCM Update greyed out Outlook Toolbar
Hi, Vista RC1 is in fine. Burned at slow speed with freewhare CD Burner. No problems. BCM RC1 update - Outlook toolbar is greyed - I created a new user to see if that would fix problem - BCM installed fine but SEND email is greyed out as is Data Management Import/Export? Does anyone have any idea my outlok toolbar is greyed out - what could be wrong? Any ideas REALLY welcome! Did you install Outlook 2007 B2TR and BCM B2TR? If not, you find links to the downloads on my website. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Jen" <Jen@microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

send to button greyed out #2
We have a single user client that can't mail documents in GP (either text or pdf). We have reinstalled Adobe Pro thinking it was an adobe issue, but GP is not recognizing mail to send either text or pdf. This client needs to mail RM statements and so this feature does not work either. This client has two mail profiles, but it appears to be recognizing a default profile. We have reinstalled GP but no luck. This is our only client using full CRM with outlook. Here are the pertinent versions: CRM 4 (rollup 5) Outlook 2007 SP 2, GP 10 10.00.1237(2008 Payroll year end). Any sugge...

Excel Charts are greyed out!
I am using Excel 2002. I have an excel worksheet that has four charts. All four charts ar being greyed out. I don't know how and why. But when I click on on of them, the one being clicked on will be viewable, but the other thre are still greyed out. The same applies for all four. I couldn't find any settings that would cause the problem. Any ideas/suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Check the setting of Objects on the main options dialog. Use the menu Tools > Options and on the View tab make sure the setting of Objects is Show All. Cheer...

Excel recently used function is greyed out
I recently restored my office xp program and downloaded and added the service pac 3. Upon running my excel xp program I notice that I can no longer see recently opened files. I have gone to "Tools","Options","General" and the "recently used file" text window and box are all greyed out. Any help would be appreciated Thanks, Marc Hi Marc! One possibility: Some anti-spyware and utilities like Tweakui have options to disable all MRU (most recently used) lists. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I recently restored my office xp program and down...

trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003
Hello all, How can I enable this option? Thanks, Eddie Lower your macro security level? --JP On Dec 9, 5:33=A0pm, Eddie <Ed...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > How can I enable this option? =A0 > > Thanks, > Eddie ...

"show this folder as an e-mail address book" greyed out
When I try to add CONTACT to the Address Book, I find "show this folder as an e-mail address book" greyed out. I have done a google, and I have added the Outlook Address Book under Accout Settings. I have read that you should be able to remove it and then readd it, but the X is greyed out once I installed Outlook Address Book. I have created a new profile, and there it seems to work OK. I realize I might not be able to "fix" the current profile. Is there a way to get all of the email account over to the new profile? And all of the data files? I am using OL 2007 Tha...

Publish button/command greyed out
I have created some pages for a new site. Unfortunately, the Publish/command icon is greyed out. It seems that FrontPage is not reconizing these pages as a web site. How can I correct this? Dale E Have you visit this newsgroup by mistake? We deal with Excel and most of us know little about FrontPage. Try news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.frontpage.client best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DioSec" <DioSec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59C3B86E-65FC-4F7F-8070-CDD992A2CE39@micr...

Send to button greyed out
Hi, I am using GP 9.00.0259 with Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0 and Microsoft Outlook 2002. For awhile my send to button worked great. Then one day it stopped working. I have uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it with the distiller. Still no luck. Other people in my office have the same version of GP and Acrobat and it works fine. Any suggestions? Did you by any chance go in and create non-default settings in Acrobat Distiller? Not sure if this is what the problem is in your case, but I have seen that break the GP Send To functionality. Uninstalling and reinstalling may not actua...

Print button greyed out
V10 when running Bank Rec. -the Cleared Transaction report prints to screen as set up in posting options but does not allow printing to the printer. Printer button is greyed out. All the other reports print ok This only appears to have happened recently but has happened over 3 companies. Anyone any ideas -- JB Hi JB, The print button will be enabled when the currrent process (posting, printing, etc) is completed. You can verify any processes in queue via Microsoft Dynamics GP>> Process Monitor, if this is clear, then print button in the report viewer is enabl...

Intregation Manager is greyed out
Hi, I've installed great plains 9 and integration manager and for some reason the user cannot access integration manager for one of our companies. It must have something to do with security, but I can't figure out how to add access to Integration Manager. Can anyone help. Thanks. Joy: The security access is under Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Type: Microsoft Dynamics GP Import, Series: Integration Site Enabler. "Joy_McDerment" wrote: > Hi, > > I've installed great plains 9 and integration manager and for some reason > the user cannot access i...

Some buttons on Toolbar are greyed out
Some random buttons on my toolbar (MS-Word 2007) are greyed out--namely, the highlighter button and the select justification buttons. I have no trouble using these functions in the ribbon menu, just the toolbar buttons. Any ideas would be welcome. Never mind. I see, now, that the buttons I added to my toolbar (justification, highlighter) were, in fact, buttons for use in some function called Word Art (whatever that is) but when I eventually hunted down the correct buttons for use in just regular text editing and put them on the toolbar, they work fine. I assume that t...

UAC "OK" button greyed out
Suddenly the "OK" button on UAC is unlit and I can't press it. I can't disable UAC because the screen pops up prompting me to press OK or Cancel, but OK isn't lit. Same thing if I try to change my user account type (which is administrator), when I try to use "elevated command), when I try to access msconfig, and when I try to run system restore. Basically, we can't do anything because the OK button is never available to be clicked on! :cry: I am completely out of ideas! I should have disabled the annoying thing years ago! Thanks for you help! ...

read receipt button is greyed out
I would like to be able to toggle on and off the "read receipts" for more and less important outgoing messages. Clicking five menus deep to get to check mark for the global setting is a PITA. There is a "Read" button on my version of outlook '97 (came with an office '97 package,) but it is greyed out. I am using "word" as my e-Mail editor. XP machine. thanks in advance and sorry I can't really be of much help to others. Steve Not sure if you can make it any easier in OL97. It's gotten a bit better in the five versions since then, thou...

Why is status greyed out?
I need to be able to change the status of a case from Active to Closed or any other selection item we may need. I figured out how to add the field to the main case form, linked to statcode. After it's published and opened, the field is greyed out. Any idea why this is and what I can do to correct it? Thanks in advance. ER I figured it out.....no need to reply.... "Eric" wrote: > I need to be able to change the status of a case from Active to Closed or any > other selection item we may need. I figured out how to add the field to the > main case form, linked to ...

spelling correcting greyed out
In outlook 07, my spelling correcting is greyed out, and there fore not working. Suggestions? Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#3 for a cause. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://foru...

Move Mailbox option is 'greyed out'
We recently did an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and running on Windows 2000 Server. There are two servers running Exchange and they both were successfully upgraded. Propblem: After the upgrade, one of the 'contact' sheets for a particular user was inadvertantly deleted. Now, when we want to move the mailbox to the other Exchange server, the option to move it, is 'greyed out', not available. What can be done with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Michael R. "Michael R." <emmertmr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ulz3JYKXEHA...

Recently used file list option greyed out in options setting
MS XP professional, sp1; MS Office 2003 I have no idea what happened, but a number of settings in various MS office products suddenly changed. One of those is the option to choose how many recently opened files appear in the 'file' menu. The option ('General' tab on the Tools | Options menu) to set this number is greyed out both in Word and Excel. Any idea why my recently used files list, as well as the option has disappeared? How to repair this? Try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284896&Product=xl2003 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft...

Why is the Print Titles option in Page Setup:Sheet greyed out?
I am trying to print the column labels on each of a 10 page list. When I go to Page Setup, then the Sheet tab, the items under Print Titles are greyed out. i.e. I can't enter a row for the "Rows to Repeat at Top" option. Anyone know why? Can't find anything in the help file. Thanks, Tim timz Wrote: > I am trying to print the column labels on each of a 10 page list. When > go > to Page Setup, then the Sheet tab, the items under Print Titles ar > greyed > out. i.e. I can't enter a row for the "Rows to Repeat at Top" option. > > Anyone...