URLs in Outlook 2007 no longer active

Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007.

A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from
PHPBB included a clickable URL.

Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage containing
the PHPBB message itself.

Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free
Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer active,
but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same Software
installed.

If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct
webpage opens ... if the email is forwarded to another Outlook account that
account will see a clickable link that does work correctly.

Can someone help me figure out where in Outlook / IE7 to look for the switch
that must have been turned off somehow?

I'm stumped (at least for now)
--
Blondie,
Please reply to this Newsgroup

Is AVG blocking it as potentially dangerous or phishing?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Blondie" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007.
>
> A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from
> PHPBB included a clickable URL.
>
> Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage
> containing the PHPBB message itself.
>
> Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free
> Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer active,
> but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same Software
> installed.
>
> If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct
> webpage opens ... if the email is forwarded to another Outlook account
> that account will see a clickable link that does work correctly.
>
> Can someone help me figure out where in Outlook / IE7 to look for the
> switch that must have been turned off somehow?
>
> I'm stumped (at least for now)
> --
> Blondie,
> Please reply to this Newsgroup

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/9/2008 3:32:29 AM
AVG does not appear to be blocking the email.

If the user forwards the email to another Vista/IE7/Outlook7 user the link
becomes active.

I think (user told me, I did not verify) that if the user forwards the email
to herself the link becomes active.

AVG does not prevent links within other messages from working.

Very strange.

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> Is AVG blocking it as potentially dangerous or phishing?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Blondie" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007.
>>
>> A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from
>> PHPBB included a clickable URL.
>>
>> Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage
>> containing the PHPBB message itself.
>>
>> Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free
>> Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer active,
>> but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same Software
>> installed.
>>
>> If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct
>> webpage opens ... if the email is forwarded to another Outlook account
>> that account will see a clickable link that does work correctly.
>>
>> Can someone help me figure out where in Outlook / IE7 to look for the
>> switch that must have been turned off somehow?
>>
>> I'm stumped (at least for now)
>> --
>> Blondie,
>> Please reply to this Newsgroup

is the "blue underlined" link an actual hyperlink (with the underlying HTML
code) or just text formatted in blue and underlined?  (This problem usually
only happens on url's pasted from webpages or docs into HTML messages
though.)

As long as the url is really live, unless Outlook has it targeted as
phishing or its in junk email it will work as long as it's a real utl and
not text that is formatted to look like a url.

If AVG is scanning email, disable it. Look in tools, trust center, addins
for any AVG addins and disable them.

--

> AVG does not appear to be blocking the email.
>
> If the user forwards the email to another Vista/IE7/Outlook7 user the link
> becomes active.
>
> I think (user told me, I did not verify) that if the user forwards the
> email to herself the link becomes active.
>
> AVG does not prevent links within other messages from working.
>
> Very strange.
>
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>> Is AVG blocking it as potentially dangerous or phishing?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>

>> "Blondie" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007.
>>>
>>> A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from
>>> PHPBB included a clickable URL.
>>>
>>> Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage
>>> containing the PHPBB message itself.
>>>
>>> Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free
>>> Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer
>>> active, but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same
>>> Software installed.
>>>
>>> If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct
>>> webpage opens ... if the email is forwarded to another Outlook account
>>> that account will see a clickable link that does work correctly.
>>>
>>> Can someone help me figure out where in Outlook / IE7 to look for the
>>> switch that must have been turned off somehow?
>>>
>>> I'm stumped (at least for now)
>>> --
>>> Blondie,
>>> Please reply to this Newsgroup

0
outlookmvp1 (464)

Outlook accessing POP3 and Exchange
I have a site that needs the collaborative and groupware functions of Exchange but they don't have control of the e-mail domain. Currently, all users of this division have Outlook2003 accessing a POP3 mail server from their ISP and an Exchange server for everything else internally. The Outlook configuration is set to use the ISP by default for all company e-mail, but every now and then, Outlook will attempt to send an e-mail through the Exchange server. This causes NDR's because Exchange is not setup with the live domain e-mail address of the company (nor can it be - because t...

Transfer Outlook 2003 calendar appointments to outlook 2010?
New Computer, 'old faithful" died. How do I transfer Outlook 2003 calendar appointments I saved to my thumb drive to Outlook 2010beta? Copy the .pst file from "Old Faithful" - paste in My Documents (or Documents under User) on new companion <g> and open in Outlook using File->Open->Outlook Data File. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Lurman asked: | N...

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Outlook Toolbar Script
Hi, I'm trying to create a script to permanently delete a toolbar from Outlook and have come across the following from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3456107.php The first script displays the error: Line 6, Char 1, Error: Object required: 'myOlExp', Code: 800A01A8 Begin ---> Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objNamespace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI") objNamespace.Logon "Outlook", , FALSE, TRUE Set myOlExp = objOutlook.ActiveExplorer Set myCmdBars = myOlExp.CommandBars mycbars.delete(&qu...

Search in outlook
Is there a way to search in outlook, so that it starts with the most recent, instead of starting with the oldest one For Outlook 2003 and previous and on Windows XP; No, the native search does not support that; it starts with the first item that is stored in the pst-file (this does not have to be the oldest in terms of received) You can do this when you install an indexing tool such as Windows Desktop Search; http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/default.mspx When using Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista or Windows 7, the data in Outlook...

Outlook startup problem
Everytime i open oulook the following error msg appears. Outlook could not open the file containing the folders used to send and receive email messages,create appointments and open the address book.plese sellect from the optionslisted below: 1.Create new personal folders file 2.open an existing personal folders file. if option 2 is chosen the application closes itself. What cani do to remidy this problem as i donot wish to choose option1. Thanking you M.Abraham ...

Automating Outlook mail
Hi, Maybe this is not the right place to ask it, but as I don�t have any reference on how to do it, maybe someone here can point me to the right place. I would like to send a mail with a link to execute a program (exe) in my server. This functionality will exist only in inside my company, in our local network. We all use Outlook as mail tool. This mail, with this link, will be generate by another application using MIME resources. I would like something like those "Remove" links that appear in some mails we recieve, but without starting the browser, just executing an exe file. Is...

How to import Outlook 2003 contacts into Access 2000 database?
Thanks for your help. I followed the exact instructions and cannot make this work for some reason. I receive a message that says "Finished importing" but the database is empty. Even when it asks me to choose fields, the box is blank. I use "get external data, import, choose outlook as the format, choose my personal contacts folder", then proceed. What am I doing wrong? ...

Hotmail Plus does not work with "Outlook 2007" nor "Outlook Connec
So I have a Hotmail Plus account that I have used for several years and it is not accessible via outlook 2007. I get the dreaded U/N P/W pop-up. How do I fix this, I have spent nearly 10 hours calling support numbers and online technical support and no one will help me. Please read the link below which states that "outlook connector" will allow me to access my email via "outlook 2007" then read the email from tech support which says that is not true! I really hate Microsoft right now. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101993941033.aspx?pid=CH101411481033...

Outlook Express Attachments #11
Can anyone tell me why, when anybody sends me an email, Outlook Express automatically deletes the attachment and notes that it was unsafe. I have family that sends me mail and the same thing happens. Is there a way to change the default to stop this ? Thanks Tools, Options, Security. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Sinder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ec701c3e520$1e4ad240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell ...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

Functions Not Available in Publisher 2007
Good Morning! I'm running Publisher 2007 installed via MS Office Small Business 2007. I have two problems with Publisher: 1. The "redo" command is not available. All options for using the redo command are grayed out. I cannot get them to activate. I have run the repair wizard, downloaded all the updates, etc., to no avail. 2. I thought Publisher 2007 would hold the links set up within the document when converted to PDF (so you don't have to reinsert the links in the pdf document). But that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any information about either of th...

Outlook #15
I'm trying to use Outlook for the first time and when I attempt to open it I receive the message "An OLE registration has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I've reinstalled Outlook a number of times and still receive this message. Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I'm currently using Outlook Express and want to change over. ...

Outlook 2003 auto send/receive
When I start Outlook, it does NOT go out and get waiting e- mails. I have to manually click it to do the job. In Tools, Options, I've made sure that the box is checked to send/receive when Outloomis started...but it doesn't. Also, when I tried to get online help, the MS system would NOT accept my product ID, no matter how I tried. Any thoughts? There is no such setting in Outlook. You need to set an automatic Send/Receive interval. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sam k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1698001c41c99$f2e4ee40$a601280a@p...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

Transfer from Outlook Express to Outlook #2
How do I get messages from OE to Outlook? Older computer had OE, now have Office 2003 with Outlook. Haven't been able to get messages since then? Help? Thank you Where are the OE files? If you can set up a mail account in OE on the new computer (it's installed by default), and point it at the store folder you copied from your old computer (tools | options | maintenance | store folder), you can then export from OE to Outlook. You must set up a profile in Outlook first. Pattie wrote: > How do I get messages from OE to Outlook? Older computer > had OE, now have Office 2003...

outlook 2002 #175
How do i check for flaws or defects in my outlook 2002. Provider says i got bad outlook, i think bad provider Help, Detect and Repair You may want to save any of your contacts, personal folders, etc. to a disk in case they get lost. "BC@BCsExpress.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e5a001c455bd$bfcfe7f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do i check for flaws or defects in my outlook 2002. > Provider says i got bad outlook, i think bad provider ...

OL2000: BUG: Outlook composes message in Rich text format when the "mailto" link contains the "body" parameter
Example: mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi - opens a new message in plain text or HTML text, based on the default setting mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi&body=test - opens a new message in Rich text. User then has to manually change to plain text. How can I submit this bug to Microsoft? Thanks, Ivan Ivan B�tora <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote: > Example: > > mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi - opens a new message in plain text or > HTML text, based on the default setting > > mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi&body=test - opens a new message in Rich > text. User then has to manu...

CRM Outlook wizard
so when I am try to use the crm outlook wizard to connect the outlook crm client to the server. I am getting the error "The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request." we are using port 80, and we are able to use the web version. ...

Outlook 2000 needs Outlook express
I use Outlook 2000. whenever i start it, it gives me an error & say Outlook needs Outlook Express 4.**, download IE 4** to install. Unfortunately, I can't find Outlook express. And I can't install IE 4+ because i already have IE 8+ on my computer. Is there a way to get Outlook Express ver. 4 or higher stand alone? W/ Windows XP, you can add or remove Windows components w/c list Outlook Express. W/ Vista, I can't find that option to add or remove windows compoents. regards. Vista doesn't support Outlook 2000. You can try using it in Corporate/Workgroup mo...

Outlook Message Rules
How can I create a single rule that will move a message from the Inbox to another if one of several words is found in the body of the message. I need to filter on several different word, but can't create a separate rule for esch word as my rules file becomes too big. Thanks Dave "Dave" said in news:16c601c426b6$a960e720$a501280a@phx.gbl: > How can I create a single rule that will move a message > from the Inbox to another if one of several words is found > in the body of the message. > I need to filter on several different word, but can't > create a sepa...

Outlook 2007 crashes
Hi, AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName: outlfltr.dll ModVer: 12.0.4326.0 ModStamp:44c81343 fDebug: 0 Offset: 0004acff I get the above error and outlook 2007 closes and restarts and same mail repeatedly downloading. As a result I am not able to read any mail.How do I solve the problem? Rgds, Sree You should post this in a forum dedicated to Outlook--not dedicated to excel. sknair02 wrote: > > Hi, > > AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f > ModName: outlfltr.dll...

What's the risk of Outlook add-ins corrupting the mail database?
Hello, Just wondering. Our internal developers are starting to write Outlook add-ins, some of which change sent messages' MAPI properties, e.g., activating the Tracking tab, setting its status to "Read" or "Delivered" with the corresponding date, putting Read or Delivered in the Tracking Status column in the message list, etc. In general, do add-ins like that run any significant risk of corrupting the mail database? I have read about corrupted MAPI properties causing mailbox-move problems... Thanks, - Alan. On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 06:09:40 -0700 (PDT), Alan <bruguy@g...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

Emails disappearing in Outlook 2002
I've got Outlook 2002 with XP Pro. I'm either losing my mind or new unopened emails that were in my inbox yesterday are gone today when I start my computer. My company's email from our website comes to the "Info" inbox in Outlook on my computer (separate from my personal inbox). I've had it set up like this for a long time without a problem. A month ago I got a new computer with XP pro OS and Office XP pro. Yesterday there were about 5 emails submitted from our website (I saw them when I went in and deleted some spam - but I did not select, open or delete any of ...