URLS in Messages

When I click on a URL in a message that I have received I
get a gray boy which says "locate link browser" instead of
the web page. I did not have this problem until I upgraded
to Outlook 2002.
M Parker
0
anonymous (74722)

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Error message on opening Excel after deleting add-in file
I have two add-in files (AddinA.xlam & AddinB.xlam). I decided to consolidate them into one file with several different modules. So, I moved all of the modules in AddinB to AddinA and deleted AddinB.xlam. Now, every time I open Excel, even with a new workbook, I get this error message: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data \Microsoft\AddIns\AddinB.xlam' could not be found. ... I have searched all of the relevant workbooks, none of which are open when I get the error message, and cannot find the string "AddinB" anywhere. How do I...

Message Limits
I am having problems having large files being sent. The global settings, virtual server and user mailbox are all set as to allow a file this large to be sent, but I still get the error message that the message is too large. Is there another setting someplace that I am overlooking? Please post the NDR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "R. Harris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ba601c4815c$21e533e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am having problems havin...

Why would Outlook work one day and stop sending messages the next?
Oulook has worked fine (sending and receiving messages) then on Friday I started getting an error message "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.careerjockey.net', Server: 'mail.careerjockey.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" and I can no longer send messages?! PLEASE HELP ME Hi, please look here for error code 0x800CCC0F http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/ErrorKB_ger.htm -- Ich h...

error message #95
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C548F2.0A62A690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable when I send an e-mail a warning message comes up and say's " you are = sending this message as a rich text message some recipients prefer to = receive plain text messages. How would you like to send this message?" = how do I get rid of this annoying message every time I send e-mail?? if = I send a message out to a group it does not ask me that question and = sometimes when I forward a m...

Not receiving mailer-daemon message for aborted sent message
Why am I no longer receiving mailer-daemon notices for messages which failed to be sent? Thank you for your reply. Ask your mail server why not. That's where they originate from. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Josette" <Josette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADF03BB-9855-432B-A506-0D61DC6EC78C@microsoft.com... > Why am I no longer receiving mailer-daemon notices for messages which > failed > to be sent? > > Thank you for your reply. How do you know the message failed...

Outlook 2003 and .htm formatted messages
There must be a fix for this one. When a message comes into my Outlook 2003 box that is .htm formatted and not ..html the item show up as an attachment instead of in the main body window of the Outlook pane. Anyone find a fix/change for this? Cheers! Derek D Derek D <derek@sbs.microsoftlist.com> wrote: > When a message comes into my Outlook 2003 box that is .htm formatted > and not .html the item show up as an attachment instead of in the > main body window of the Outlook pane. You asked this in m.p.outlook.general also. Don't multipost. -- Brian Tillman What ...

How to delete verical lines in forwarding messages
'I want to get rid of the vertical line(s) in front of the text of a "to forward" message in outlook (express) In Outlook Express, go to Tools | Options | Send: Mail: HTML Settings and clear the check box for "Indent message on reply." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "schoteltje" <schoteltje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74279C73-0E0F-4A3D-8560-ED87C31DA155@microsoft.com... > > 'I want to get rid of the vertical line(s) in front o...

OWA appends a question mark ? to the top of a message
I have a weird situation with only one user account on a SBS 2003 server hosting Exchange 2003. When that user writes a new email using OWA or replies to any email using OWA, a "?" (no quotes) shows up in the first line of the email. It only does this if the user uses OWA and it is only seen by the recipient or in the sent items. When the user is writing the email she does not see the question mark, but once she sends it, it appears. She can see it in the sent items. The recipient sees the question mark regardless the email client and regardless of external or internal. If that sa...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

Error Message #28
Person A has Excel 2000 and is receiving files from Person B with Excel 2002. When Person A opens Person B files, she gets the standard (dis)enable macros, followed by a "Read-Only" message. After that Excel crashes with a Program Error of "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." I have Excel 2002 and have no problem with the file. When I try to resave the file in Excel 97-2002 version, it is VBA protected with a password and I cannot SaveAs. I had Person A contact Person B and have THEM save the file in 97-...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

Missing Message Body
Hi, I have a 2003 Exchange server, updated with all the latest updates and running as a member server in a 2003 Active Directory. The Problem I am having is one or two contacts on exchange(setup in AD), one with a @BTintenet.com account and the other with a @attglobal.com account recieve blank email from certian people within our company, the problem only happens when the email is sent to a distribution group that they are in, if your send direct to them it works, the other difference between the 2 emails is that the one has a @aol.com address in the cc field (the email that does not ...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

OL2000: BUG: Outlook composes message in Rich text format when the "mailto" link contains the "body" parameter
Example: mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi - opens a new message in plain text or HTML text, based on the default setting mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi&body=test - opens a new message in Rich text. User then has to manually change to plain text. How can I submit this bug to Microsoft? Thanks, Ivan Ivan B�tora <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote: > Example: > > mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi - opens a new message in plain text or > HTML text, based on the default setting > > mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx?subject=hi&body=test - opens a new message in Rich > text. User then has to manu...

change plain-text message default line spacing?
Anyone know how to change the default line spacing for plain-text messages? Right now the default is double but I want it to be single. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook Message Rules
How can I create a single rule that will move a message from the Inbox to another if one of several words is found in the body of the message. I need to filter on several different word, but can't create a separate rule for esch word as my rules file becomes too big. Thanks Dave "Dave" said in news:16c601c426b6$a960e720$a501280a@phx.gbl: > How can I create a single rule that will move a message > from the Inbox to another if one of several words is found > in the body of the message. > I need to filter on several different word, but can't > create a sepa...

"Microsoft Outlook Test Message" question
In a 28 minute span today, I received 10 messages with the above subject from me to me with this message: "This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Outlook's Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3 account." I use Outlook Express 6 w/ WinXP Home SP3, and I do have Word and Excel 2003 installed, but not Outlook. I did at one time to test out MAPILAB, an NNTP newsreader, but they were both uninstalled about 6 months ago. I have scanned for malware of all sorts and came up clean. Any idea why this might have occurred? This is the fi...

Track message by Subject
hi, I saw that in Ex2k you can NOT track message by the subject. How can I track a message if I only knows what is the subject ??? thanks.... Roy <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I saw that in Ex2k you can NOT track message by the subject. >How can I track a message if I only knows what is the subject ??? Find the message in the tracking log and get the message-id. Then track it using that number. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

IMF Intelligent Message Filter #2
I have installed Exchange 2003 with all the correct registry setting for IMF I have enable it and it has the defualt updates that were install from the CD for IMF. IMF is working but it will not update from Microsoft Updates it say Exchanges Updates 0. Help ...

How to send private messages with this script ON??
Hi All, ---------------------------- Here is my config : Messaging server : W2k Server / Exchange 2k Users computers : W2k Pro / Ms Outlook 2000 ---------------------------- I'm using this script (in outlook of all my users) to send a copy of each outgoing message to : deptname.out@companyname.com ---------------------------- Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim ObjItem As MailItem Dim ObjNs As NameSpace Dim ObjElementsenvoyes As MAPIFolder Dim ObjRecip As Recipient Set ObjNs = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set ObjElementsenvoyes =...

Error Message Money 2002
I get the following message when I try to run Money: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error Signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.731 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.731 Offset: 00002aac In the knowlegde base a similar error is reported for Money 2003, but it relates to file msxml3.dll, the solution to that is to update register for that file... I tried that already and doesn'work... Any idea what to do? Thanks for your help Ram Monterrey, Mexico ...

NDR messages #6
Hi, i have 2 exchange server server A -- Nt4sp5 with exch 5,5sp4 no mailboxes , no public folders , imc running (dns cost 20) server b -- W2k with exch 5,5sp4 all mailboxes , no public folders , imc running (dns cst 10) i moved all mailboxes from a to B so that server A is only used for IMC the problem i got is -- all internet mail from outside goies to server B but it sends a ndr for unresolve mail to server A with no originator . Result , i have 1500 mail pending in outbound qtueue every day !! why is it going to server A ?? ( i want to remove server A ) thanks !! ...

message when I open outlook
Everytime I open outlook the following message appears: "Preparing to install" but have no idea what its trying to install. I just recently upgraded my system from office 2k to office xp. Any ideas? Gilbert wrote: > Everytime I open outlook the following message appears: > "Preparing to install" but have no idea what its trying to > install. I just recently upgraded my system from office > 2k to office xp. > > Any ideas? Why not stick the CD in and let it run? ...

Hit CTRL-P and Outlook marks message as unread
Hello, Currently I am experiencing a problem with Outlook, that I beleive I did not have in the past. I have my messages in my Inbox all marked as unread. I have my preview pane set to my right hand side. When I highlight a message to see it in the Preview pane and then move on to the next message the original message stays as unread. This is okay. The issue lies when I highlight the message and then try to print the message by hitting Ctrl-P. As soon as the printin process has completed the messages becomes unread. I need the message to stay unread even though I hit Ctrl...